Author Topic: Android Phones suck - check out the amount of malware  (Read 3473 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: android sucks
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 10:01:16 AM »
Drag and drop isn't media Mangement.

I was pointing out how easy MANAGING the playing of a video was.  What managing are you referring.

dustin

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 10:22:41 AM »
I was pointing out how easy MANAGING the playing of a video was.  What managing are you referring.

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't care if people like iOS more than Android, as long as they don't stay it's better. It's not better... at all.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
If you want to get technical, I could use DoubleTwist as my android 'iTunes' player. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »
He doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't care if people like iOS more than Android, as long as they don't stay it's better. It's not better... at all.

Neither is "better"... As my previous post relays... There are definitely some pluses to to iOS.

That said, Double Twist is fantastic and a great music player.

prizm

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 11:05:20 AM »
Works fine for me  :-\

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
I also have my phone mapped as a network drive so I can access certain parts on it from any computer in my house.  Lastly, I can also play my movies that are on my WD on my phone (did a couple of times, but the damn screen is so small).

dustin

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »
Don't forget about Miracast. That'll be awesome once used more.

I stream shit from home to my phone or tablet using BubbleUPnP or Plex, shit to my TV at home (just put in Ethernet jacks myself, or use WiFi and Samsung AllShare), to my BluRay player, etc. I download movies using uTorrent to my HTPC or VPN and find something on IPtorrents, etc. So many easy and endless possibilities.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »
Don't forget about Miracast. That'll be awesome once used more.

I stream shit from home to my phone or tablet using BubbleUPnP or Plex, shit to my TV at home (just put in Ethernet jacks myself, or use WiFi and Samsung AllShare), to my BluRay player, etc. I download movies using uTorrent to my HTPC or VPN and find something on IPtorrents, etc. So many easy and endless possibilities.

I personally use PLEX...  the interface is just freaking amazing!  Got almost 200 movies on my pc hard drive at home. and can stream to my phone, pc, tabet, HTPC, and web from anywhere in the world!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 04:34:20 PM »
software that allows you to mange and backup everything (from music to contracts) on the computer.
A

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »
software that allows you to mange and backup everything (from music to contracts) on the computer.

Perhaps you may want to read the posts above.  Android more than satisfies 'managing' contacts, music, documents, video, etc, etc.

Again, taken from the most simplistic approach....I can literally take a file....virtually ANY file...and simply drag it onto my phone and then do with it what I want.  No use of software, nothing.  You can not do that with an iphone.  You have to go through a piece of software in order to do that.  Yes....or no?

dustin

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
Perhaps you may want to read the posts above.  Android more than satisfies 'managing' contacts, music, documents, video, etc, etc.

Again, taken from the most simplistic approach....I can literally take a file....virtually ANY file...and simply drag it onto my phone and then do with it what I want.  No use of software, nothing.  You can not do that with an iphone.  You have to go through a piece of software in order to do that.  Yes....or no?

They usually need paid software too.

Android has so many freeware media playing and managing programs with amazing community/developer support, which I love. If I have an app that I want to suggest a feature for, the developer will likely implement it if I send him a reasonable request that would be advantageous and realistic. And if there's a bug, I just send a log file and they'll check into it. I never saw that happen with any Apple developers, but I could be mistaken. It's part of the Android culture though and anyone I've ever emailed will always email back. It's absolutely amazing.

Another nice thing is that Android will natively play a ton of different video formats. You don't need some obscure app or anything. There are different players though, and they can do things even better. Big Ach knows where it's at. He uses Plex which supports HLS and works amazing. I didn't actually expect it to work so well, but I paid for the full app because I was more than pleased. I just download some shit on my computer, boot it up on my phone/tablet and play it. Simple as fuck.