Author Topic: Dana White on Fedor...  (Read 10107 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Dana White on Fedor...
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »
"It will never happen in a million years. They are a minor league. Listen I have come to the realization and everyone else needs to too; that Fedor [Emeliananko] doesn’t want to fight the best guys in the world. Believe me when I tell you guys I have done everything in my power, I have flown to crazy parts of the world, done all this stuff, been on the phone for hours, not hung out with my kids on weekends because I’m on the phone with these lunatics and just can’t make the deal. They don’t want to do it so we gotta get over it."
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Dana White on Fedor...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:10:36 AM »
Honestly, I think there is no doubt Fedor is afraid of fighting the best guys in the UFC.  His record would be tarnished.  The money is in the UFC too, so this can't be his excuse.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
The best way to describe Fedor is that he was the best of an era.

That era is long gone. It is clear Fedor makes plenty of money outside of the UFC and he feels he has nothing left to prove.

As frustrating as it is, I can't say I blame him for staying away from the UFC.

Fedor is smart, and no matter how skilled you are, it is impossible to match up with guys like Carwin and Brock who weigh a lean 290+lbs in the ring and are skilled athletes, when he is a fat 225. They are not as technical as Fedor, but simple physics will tell you that the odds are slim for Fedor against these monsters.

The day Fedor loses his #1 ranking will be when he retires. He keeps fighting number 10 ranked guys and the polls will start catching up to him and his scheme.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
The best way to describe Fedor is that he was the best of an era.

That era is long gone. It is clear Fedor makes plenty of money outside of the UFC and he feels he has nothing left to prove.

As frustrating as it is, I can't say I blame him for staying away from the UFC.

Fedor is smart, and no matter how skilled you are, it is impossible to match up with guys like Carwin and Brock who weigh a lean 290+lbs in the ring and are skilled athletes, when he is a fat 225. They are not as technical as Fedor, but simple physics will tell you that the odds are slim for Fedor against these monsters.

The day Fedor loses his #1 ranking will be when he retires. He keeps fighting number 10 ranked guys and the polls will start catching up to him and his scheme.

Yeah, I tthink he is afraid of tarnishing his stats.   I don't thnk he's afraid to fight these guys.. but more afraid of not being undefeated.  I think he could fair well in the UFC, but i don't think he would last long as undefeated.

Kinda a shame though.  You're right though... he is the best of a dying breed

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »
Yeah, I tthink he is afraid of tarnishing his stats.   I don't thnk he's afraid to fight these guys.. but more afraid of not being undefeated.  I think he could fair well in the UFC, but i don't think he would last long as undefeated.

Kinda a shame though.  You're right though... he is the best of a dying breed

Agree 100%. He is afraid of a loss. Until he loses, there will always be a mystique to Fedor, which in the end could cement his place in history and financially after he retires.

IMO if he won or lost, I would respect him more if he fought the guys/fights that MMA fans want to see.

For example, Couture doesn't have the best record in MMA, but he has ALWAYS stepped up and fought the guys everyone wants to see him fight. That is a real MMA legend to me. Not some guy who just has a stellar record.

Honestly, who really cares about his fight with Werdum?  Fedor is supposed to win, and I bet 75% of current MMA fans barely know who Werdum is.  That is just the direction the sport has taken, and all the 'old-timers' hate it, but it's the way it is now.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:55:12 PM »
Once again, Fedor is 100% spot-on with his analysis of the joke that is the UFC and its HW division.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
Once again, Fedor is 100% spot-on with his analysis of the joke that is the UFC and its HW division.

Fill me in..  what is Fedor's analysis of the UFC HW division?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 01:09:20 PM »

Fedor has outed himself. Not that it wasn't obvious what's really important to him.

Fedor Emelianenko: "I'd like to finish my career without any losses."

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Fedor-Emelianenko-Id-like-to-finish-my-career-without-any-losses.html

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »
I can't think of one UFC HW that has even earned a shot at Fedor. Brock should pay his dues for 3-4 years against some top competition (aka not 60-year-old cans) but by then Fedor will have definitely retired.

He should fight Overeem, call it a career and go down as the greatest MMA fighter to ever live.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
I can't think of one UFC HW that has even earned a shot at Fedor. Brock should pay his dues for 3-4 years against some top competition (aka not 60-year-old cans) but by then Fedor will have definitely retired.

He should fight Overeem, call it a career and go down as the greatest MMA fighter to ever live.

Do you think Hong Man Choi earned his shot at Fedor in his second MMA fight EVER?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 01:41:14 PM »

More like HAS FEDOR earned a shot at a UFC top HW....   

Fedor is totally ducking the UFC HW division. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 01:42:09 PM »
Do you think Hong Man Choi earned his shot at Fedor in his second MMA fight EVER?

Of course he does!   He also thinks Frank Mir isn't a big name in MMA. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »

What did Hong Man Choi do to "earn" a shot at fedor ???  The guys record is 2-3-0...lol ::)
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 01:55:23 PM »
More like HAS FEDOR earned a shot at a UFC top HW....   

Fedor is totally ducking the UFC HW division. 

Exacly. The more I think about it Dana needs realize that it would be a disgrace to the UFC to bring that sham group of Russians to the UFC.

You are correct. It is a privilege to be in the UFC and Fedor has blown his chance. You don't piss on the biggest show in town.

I think Dana has made it clear that Fedor's invitation is no longer good.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

for all the UFC guy's  ::)

fedor doesn't care what you think....

Top-ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko said today that he doesn't think much of the promotion that's so aggressively courted him for more than three years.

"I'm not a UFC fan," Emelianenko said when asked if his June 26 headliner against Fabricio Werdum at "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum" is more relevant than an a UFC title-unification bout between champ Brock Lesnar and interim title-holder Shane Carwin at UFC 116.

"I would invite all the fans to watch our fight, which I believe is more important," he said through translator Steven Bash.

The winner of Emelianenko (31-1 MMA, 1-0 SF) vs. Werdum (13-4-1 MMA, 2-0 SF) is expected to fight current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, who in May defended his title against Brett Rogers.

Overeem and his managers have sparred in the press with Emelianenko's representatives over the potential bout and have traded accusations as to the the long-anticipated fight's delay.

Emelianenko, who this past August signed a three-fight contract with Strikeforce after intense negotiations with the UFC, did not back off his statements when later asked to clarify.

"I'm not a fan of watching [the UFC's] fights," he said. "Compared to a lot of the commercials and promotion in anticipation of their fights, and compared to a lot of the shows I've seen, there seems to be a lot of negativity involved in their shows.

"So I'm just not a fan of watching their programs."

It was the first time Emelianenko took a direct shot at the UFC's product. In the three years since the Russian became a free agent with the shuttering of PRIDE Fighting Championships, he shied away from criticizing the industry-leading fight promotion.

UFC president Dana White alternately has blasted Emelianenko and coveted his services.

"I've signed Brock Lesnar, who came from the WWE, James Toney from boxing - he's a nut chasing me all over the place - Tito Ortiz, whom I hated, and he hated me," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) in an interview following UFC 115. "I've kept Chuck Liddell, kept Matt Hughes, kept Rich Franklin, when they were all champions. Anderson Silva, I've dealt with all the crazy [expletive] with him.

"But I can't sign Fedor? How is this possible that I can't sign this guy? It's not possible. These guys don't want to fight the best in the world."

Emelianenko said his dislike of the UFC stems from how its fights are presented and the fighters it employs.

"I think a combination," he said. "And also, in some ways, (it's due to) the actions and the behavior of a lot of fighters from the UFC. It takes away from the sport."

In the past, Emelianenko's manager, Vadim Finkelchtein, has addressed White's claims. But today, the manager and M-1 Global president was silent.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said today that "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum" has crossed the 10,000 mark in ticket sales, and he expects a full house at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., for the event.

For more on "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum," check out the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

teamfedor.com

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Top-ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko said today that he doesn't think much of the promotion that's so aggressively courted him for more than three years.

"I'm not a UFC fan," Emelianenko said when asked if his June 26 headliner against Fabricio Werdum at "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum" is more relevant than an a UFC title-unification bout between champ Brock Lesnar and interim title-holder Shane Carwin at UFC 116.

"I would invite all the fans to watch our fight, which I believe is more important," he said through translator Steven Bash.

The winner of Emelianenko (31-1 MMA, 1-0 SF) vs. Werdum (13-4-1 MMA, 2-0 SF) is expected to fight current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, who in May defended his title against Brett Rogers.

Overeem and his managers have sparred in the press with Emelianenko's representatives over the potential bout and have traded accusations as to the the long-anticipated fight's delay.

Emelianenko, who this past August signed a three-fight contract with Strikeforce after intense negotiations with the UFC, did not back off his statements when later asked to clarify.

"I'm not a fan of watching [the UFC's] fights," he said. "Compared to a lot of the commercials and promotion in anticipation of their fights, and compared to a lot of the shows I've seen, there seems to be a lot of negativity involved in their shows.

It was the first time Emelianenko took a direct shot at the UFC's product. In the three years since the Russian became a free agent with the shuttering of PRIDE Fighting Championships, he shied away from criticizing the industry-leading fight promotion.

UFC president Dana White alternately has blasted Emelianenko and coveted his services.

"I've signed Brock Lesnar, who came from the WWE, James Toney from boxing - he's a nut chasing me all over the place - Tito Ortiz, whom I hated, and he hated me," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) in an interview following UFC 115. "I've kept Chuck Liddell, kept Matt Hughes, kept Rich Franklin, when they were all champions. Anderson Silva, I've dealt with all the crazy [expletive] with him.

"But I can't sign Fedor? How is this possible that I can't sign this guy? It's not possible. These guys don't want to fight the best in the world."

Emelianenko said his dislike of the UFC stems from how its fights are presented and the fighters it employs.

"I think a combination," he said. "And also, in some ways, (it's due to) the actions and the behavior of a lot of fighters from the UFC. It takes away from the sport."

In the past, Emelianenko's manager, Vadim Finkelchtein, has addressed White's claims. But today, the manager and M-1 Global president was silent.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said today that "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum" has crossed the 10,000 mark in ticket sales, and he expects a full house at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., for the event.

For more on "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum," check out the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

teamfedor.com

Doesn't like "how the UFC's fights are presented" WTF?

How is Strikeforce much different other than the amateur style they have.

Fedor is a joke. His era is done. All he is doing at this point is disgracing himself.
I am actually doubtful that he is even writing this stuff.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 06:37:02 AM »
;D ;D ;D

teamfedor.com

Translation:  I'm afraid of fighting in the UFC.  Please, please come watch me beat up a bottom barrell hw so maybe some will still think i'm the best.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:15 AM »
Careful Coltrane. The fedor nutguggers are going to accuse you of being another MindSpin gimmick :)
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 08:46:01 AM »
Careful Coltrane. The fedor nutguggers are going to accuse you of being another MindSpin gimmick :)

They know better.  lol.

It's funny how Fedor is God-like to them.  The guy DOESN"T fight the toughest MMA fighters out there.  Period.  He is obviously too afraid of tarnishing his record (which is what he cares most about) or he'd fight in the UFC. 

How can so many Fedor jock lickers not see thru this bs?    The real competition lies in the UFC... not the minor leagues, i.e. strikeforce and the like.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 08:49:12 AM »
...AND it's only a matter of time before Fedor's glorious record is tarnished by another minor leaguer. 

Until he steps up and fights a Carwin, Randy, Velasquez or Dos Santos (whom, by the way beat Werdum), he's nothing to me.

<<enter the jock lickers>>

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
...AND it's only a matter of time before Fedor's glorious record is tarnished by another minor leaguer. 

Until he steps up and fights a Carwin, Randy, Velasquez or Dos Santos (whom, by the way beat Werdum), he's nothing to me.

Don't forget, Werdum also lost to Arvloski.

I am 100% convinced, Fedor is currently a sham and his era has come and gone.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
The most over-hyped MMA fighter of all time...

Hey Horseface, I'm still waiting on a response on how Hong Man Choi earned a chance at Fedor.
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
I think it's very interesting all this hatred towards Fedor given that UFC fighters themselves have nothing but respect and deference for the guy. Here is what UFC fighters think of Fedor:

"The UFC is the best organization out there, but there are some fantastic fighters outside the UFC. Obviously, Fedor comes to mind as an example of that..."

Frank Mir, former UFC heavyweight champion

"Emelianenko Fedor"

Mauricio "Shogun" Ruas, current UFC light-heavyweight champion, answering the question of who he thinks is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the World

"Most people in the United States don't know just how good Fedor is. He is very well rounded. From a technical point of view, there are no flaws in him. He is the only fighter who is a master on all aspects of the game."

Randy Couture, former UFC light-heavyweight and heavyweight champion

"Fedor Emelianenko"

George Saint-Pierre, current UFC welterweight champion, answering the question of who he thinks is the best pound-for-pound fighter of the World

"The best fighter in the World, right here. Fedor."

BJ Penn, current UFC lightweight champion, talking about Fedor who was standing right next to him.

"I would need to train from 6 to 12 months to fight him. He is the elite. Right now, I would stand no more than a puncher's chance against him."

Shane Carwin, UFC heavyweight contender, answering the question of who would win in a fight between him and Fedor

"Fedor is the best I ever fought against."

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, former UFC heavyweight champion

"I would love to fight Fedor. The best should absolutely fight the best."

Brock Lesnar, current UFC heavyweight champion

So are a dozen UFC champions from all weight classes wrong about the greatness of Fedor, and internet nobodies like "WeightPSHR" and "MindSpin" right ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

As for fedor having problems with UFC heavyweights because they are too big, Fedor didn't seem to have any problems knocking out with a single punch a 270 lbs guy who is famous for having a rock chin. Size doesen't matter when you have the punching power of a 280 lbs fighter, and it doesen't matter on the ground where leverage comes into the equation and allows a much smaller man to submit a much larger one.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »

UFC jock lickers, always good for a laugh.

That's almost funnier than a 40-year-old man constantly talking to himself on his gimmick to back his retarded arguments up.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
UFC jock lickers, always good for a laugh.

That's almost funnier than a 40-year-old man constantly talking to himself on his gimmick to back his retarded arguments up.

I debated even responding to you due to your lack of MMA knowledge in that you think Frank Mir isn't a big name in fighting.. but I will.

Why hasn't the great amazing Fedor fought Randy then?  I bet my life Randy would sign on the dotted line regardless of whether he thought he'd get beat.  Reason why he'd sign:  Cause he's a real fighter.  Loves the challenge.  

Fedor hides in the minor leagues so he doesn't get paired up with a great fighter.  

Oh, and BTW, "jock-licker" is my term.  I should invest in Xerox.