Author Topic: The Best Ric Flair-isms:  (Read 23179 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »
I haven't but i'm sure it would make a great read....especially on the party scene after the shows  :). I'm also sure that he trashes Bishoff bigtime and I don't blame him one bit.

Bischoff made a lot of bad moves/calls, and Turner was an dumb-ass for allowing it.
I'll always contest that "Teddy" was just as much to blame as Bisch/Russo, etc.

Turner should have been more involved in his own product.
For a long time, he was the one guy who had the power to put his foot down and say, "NO!"
The fact that he didn't means he assumes recourse.

Or, maybe "Billionaire Ted" never heard of Respondeat Superior...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »

Bischoff made a lot of bad moves/calls, and Turner was an dumb-ass for allowing it.
I'll always contest that "Teddy" was just as much to blame as Bisch/Russo, etc.

Turner should have been more involved in his own product.
For a long time, he was the one guy who had the power to put his foot down and say, "NO!"
The fact that he didn't means he assumes recourse.

Or, maybe "Billionaire Ted" never heard of Respondeat Superior...

That's just it...billionaire Ted has his billions and thus doesn't care.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2010, 01:04:38 PM »
Anybody read Flair's book?
I'm curious what he said about Bischoff.

Just finished rereading it.  He still thinks he's an asshole and was a huge reason Flair suffered so much in WCW both professionaly and personally.

Essentially, upon Flair's recommendation Bischoff got his job.  And by coincidence, same is true of Scott Steiner, who Rick Steiner asked Flair to put a word in for and thats how he was hired by WCW initially. 

Same with Hogan, who he still has ill feelings towards because in the angle where David Flair was whipped by Hulk, Flair believes Hogan took liberties and went way overboard with it.

When Flair was in his last WWE run and they brought in Bischoff, who had no back stage power at all, Flair finally confronted Eric as Arn watched the door.  Flair roughed him up a little, but wanted to bait him into a fight, before it could progress Slaughter shut it down.  But you can tell it did Flair a world of good to finally do that after Eric just completely shit on him for years in the WCW, even threatening to sue "Flair and his family into bankruptcy."

When VKM heard about the Flair/Bischoff incident, he called Flair to his office and explained it couldn't happen again, but nothing more of it.  VKM probably had a good laugh at Eric afterwards.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 05:47:35 AM »
Just finished rereading it.  He still thinks he's an asshole and was a huge reason Flair suffered so much in WCW both professionaly and personally.

Essentially, upon Flair's recommendation Bischoff got his job.  And by coincidence, same is true of Scott Steiner, who Rick Steiner asked Flair to put a word in for and thats how he was hired by WCW initially. 

Same with Hogan, who he still has ill feelings towards because in the angle where David Flair was whipped by Hulk, Flair believes Hogan took liberties and went way overboard with it.

When Flair was in his last WWE run and they brought in Bischoff, who had no back stage power at all, Flair finally confronted Eric as Arn watched the door.  Flair roughed him up a little, but wanted to bait him into a fight, before it could progress Slaughter shut it down.  But you can tell it did Flair a world of good to finally do that after Eric just completely shit on him for years in the WCW, even threatening to sue "Flair and his family into bankruptcy."

When VKM heard about the Flair/Bischoff incident, he called Flair to his office and explained it couldn't happen again, but nothing more of it.  VKM probably had a good laugh at Eric afterwards.
True to that. Everything you just mentioned was on his DVD too...which I could watch over & over.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 06:38:06 AM »
"These shoes cost more than your house!"

Lol....Flair arguing with a fan during an NWA promo... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 06:33:27 AM »
"All you women out there aged between 18-30, meet me at the Marriott Hotel after the show in room 803".  ;D