Author Topic: How to "nicely" escape a relationship where pressured to propose?  (Read 4557 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: How to "nicely" escape a relationship where pressured to propose?
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 09:21:34 AM »
You already have the reasons not to.... the fact that her parents are pressuring you is the last nail in the coffin.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 09:21:45 AM »
Don't ever let someone or some family members force you into making a decision this big.  Just remember, if you have a good relationship with her now and don't feel like getting married, it's only going to get worse over time.  As she gets older and you have kids, she is going to become more and more distant from you.

I was in a similar position but i dated the girl for almost 4 years.  Her family was pushing the issue really hard.  There was a point i considered getting married to her but i knew it would be great for a couple years and then go downhill once we had children.  Her two sisters and mother were complete cu nts, constantly using the children against their fathers.  I knew the very first time we got into a big fight, she would do the same.  Looking back almost 10 years later i don't have any regrets, but i do think if i ever was going to get married she would have been the best option.

Marriage is bondage, i know very few people who are happily married.  They may act like it, but deep down they are just settling for what they have.  All my married friends come over to drink beer a few times a month and do nothing but talk about how horrible married life is.  Other than my parents, i can't think of anyone who is happily married.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 09:33:11 AM »
Just stop bathing and grooming and start pissing the bed nightly, she will sharp fuck off

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2020, 09:50:55 AM »
fuck her sister, or even better her brother...

You lost me on that last part.👎

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:00 AM »
The one time this happened to me I got the “Where is this going?” speech. I responded by saying that I was happy with things as they were. She eventually decided it was time to move on. In hindsight, it’s a good way to handle that situation.

Good advice given here about not letting the parents pressure you. They just want the daughter out of their hair. They don’t give a fuck about you.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »
Don't ever let someone or some family members force you into making a decision this big.  Just remember, if you have a good relationship with her now and don't feel like getting married, it's only going to get worse over time.  As she gets older and you have kids, she is going to become more and more distant from you.

I was in a similar position but i dated the girl for almost 4 years.  Her family was pushing the issue really hard.  There was a point i considered getting married to her but i knew it would be great for a couple years and then go downhill once we had children.  Her two sisters and mother were complete cu nts, constantly using the children against their fathers.  I knew the very first time we got into a big fight, she would do the same.  Looking back almost 10 years later i don't have any regrets, but i do think if i ever was going to get married she would have been the best option.

Marriage is bondage, i know very few people who are happily married.  They may act like it, but deep down they are just settling for what they have.  All my married friends come over to drink beer a few times a month and do nothing but talk about how horrible married life is.  Other than my parents, i can't think of anyone who is happily married.

Good post. About as dead on balls accurate as it gets.

ghcard

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2020, 10:05:44 AM »
next time you two get together just "forget" your phone unlocked near her with this topic opened while you go take a dump or do something.

the universe and your fate will do the rest.

if she does not look at your phone, perhaps it is the universe showing that you have to think if you really want to lose her. Not many people will trust you in this life so much that won't spy on you given the chance.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2020, 12:07:01 PM »
next time you two get together just "forget" your phone unlocked near her with this topic opened while you go take a dump or do something.

the universe and your fate will do the rest.

if she does not look at your phone, perhaps it is the universe showing that you have to think if you really want to lose her. Not many people will trust you in this life so much that won't spy on you given the chance.

You know what man, this is spot on.  The universe has its ways.  When I was married, near the end the marriage was dead but I was a chicken shit to end it, meanwhile I fell in love with another chick and was dating her for a year.  I kept thinking how I can get out.  One day I left my computer unlocked and my Imessage chat open and went to do something.  Apparently my ex went into my office to get something and say the chat open and read some of it.  She caught some steamy shit we were talking about.  It ended it right there.  The universe works in mysterious ways.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
start wiping your arse back to front...

Atlas pump

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2020, 12:48:19 PM »
Being in a long term relationship with someone you have barely anything in common with is shit. After that romance fades what else are you left with. Eventually  that goes stale. The most successful relationships are usually partners how are those who are deeply infatuated but are also best friends.  Personality is key for long lasting compatibility.

It seems like you already see the light. You guys are together then what, do you want to become glorified roommates either a bond attached to you. Its gets complicated when marriage becomes involved.

Better question being, do you live together? Have you truly seen this person at there best and worst. Thats the abaolute minimum you should do with someone that you plan on staying with long term.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2020, 02:20:39 PM »
Been with a girl for 2 years, and her and her family are pressuring me hardcore to get married to her. I don't see that our relationship will be enjoyable in marriage and we don't have enough in common to go the distance. I feel like we will grow apart and we will be miserable. Divorce is not an option. She is head over heels for me and I just have that feeling that I would be making a mistake. Any advice? I am 29

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2020, 02:36:31 PM »
Just stop bathing and grooming and start pissing the bed nightly, she will sharp fuck off

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2020, 02:52:29 PM »
This is how it’s done

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2020, 03:18:29 PM »
This is how it’s done

hahaha thats great

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2020, 04:48:29 PM »
Tell her you are following the Bob Chic code to life of ambiguity and questionable make friends

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2020, 04:59:47 PM »
Better do something and fast... before she gets preggers on you and forces you to stay....

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2020, 05:06:52 PM »
Her life?

Lol right? Wha I said also.

You’re 29 - do not get married. You’re not even at your peak. You’re uneasy on this girl cause you know you can do better.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »
Her life?

I'll expand.

She is madly in love. Wants to marry.

He does not want to marry.

Therefore if they do not marry it makes zero impact on him because he doesn't want to marry. However it impacts her if she stays with him hoping he will change his mind.

It would be gentlemanly to break it off with her to give her the chance while young to find another guy to start a family with.

It is a common scenario for girls to hang around guys who won't commit and consequently lose their best fertile years. Hence it can ruin a young girl's life. Meanwhile guys can have kids at 60.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 10:02:58 PM »
Been with a girl for 2 years, and her and her family are pressuring me hardcore to get married to her. I don't see that our relationship will be enjoyable in marriage and we don't have enough in common to go the distance. I feel like we will grow apart and we will be miserable. Divorce is not an option. She is head over heels for me and I just have that feeling that I would be making a mistake. Any advice? I am 29

You print out a photo of prime Johnny Falcon. Then sprinkle some body lotion over the image, and place some curled up tissue paper next to it. Then place it so she will find it "by accident". Problem solved!  :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2020, 03:48:15 AM »
This is how it’s done

Californication was great.  She was Raylen Givens wife in Justified.

I'd still go with the "I've discovered I'm gay" strategy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2020, 05:05:43 PM »
Divorced, single people giving advice on relationships.  ::) ::) ::)

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2020, 05:15:09 PM »

Adulterers criticizing the behavior of others from their gloryhole of condescension.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2020, 05:16:33 PM »

I'm married. I would say don't get married to her if you don't truly love her.  Marriage is meant to be for life and not to be felt as a "life sentence". 

In all honesty, most marriages today are nothing but a contract on the man and his worth, i.e., earning power.  Women are often scum. I had three homosexual friends get divorced over the last few years, two are men and the other is a woman.

They lost nearly everything to what they felt was the "love of their life".   They fell for the whole "equality to heterosexuals bullshit".  This is LOVE...FTN.   

Women swing from branch to branch in an effort to steal as much wealth as they can.  They will marry fat, fugly piles of shit, sleep with Harvey Weinsteins and worse just to have "more". 

If you don't truly love her, you already know that.  Don't harm your entire life just because you don't want to "hurt her feeeeeeeeeeeeewings".  She'll get over you.

Which when you think about it, is a lot better than her running over you.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2020, 05:20:29 PM »

They will marry fat, fugly piles of shit, sleep with Harvey Weinsteins and worse just to have "more". 

Howard and Jay Milton Osborne, III are definitely proof of that.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2020, 06:06:01 PM »

Why are you even with her this long considering this? Why did you end it long ago?