Author Topic: Sylvia says Pudzianowski "Not Strong At All."  (Read 8449 times)

spinnis

Re: Sylvia says Pudzianowski "Not Strong At All."
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:18 AM »
Tim Sylvia, speaking Monday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s Savage Dog Show on whether Mariusz Pudzianowski was strong:

Not at all. I’ve faced guys in the gym that were stronger than him. I’m not saying any of the guys I faced can out-bench-press him or pull a car faster than he can or throw keg barrels around like he can, because none of us can, but that’s not what we train for. We train to go against other human beings that are punching you, kicking you, kneeing you or trying to out-position you with their hips. I knew the strength was not going to come into play just because I knew it was MMA. It’s totally different when someone’s trying to grab you and you’re punching them in the face and kneeing them in the body.

Ive been saying this a MILLION times.... Eveyr strong 220+ wrestler is ALOT stronger then pudja ...in the ring.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
I think people are forgetting that Buster Douglas mom died right before the fight with tyson, so if anybody had bad preparation there you go ;)

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »
Yes it does.  ;D

Somebdy knows nuthing about fighting ;D

On the topic, Mike Tyson was beating guys who beat up Buster Douglas easily b4 they fought, but did that mean Tyson would easily beat Buster??    NO  ;D

Think b4 u type  ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »
I think people are forgetting that Buster Douglas mom died right before the fight with tyson, so if anybody had bad preparation there you go ;)

Actually, I did forget about that, which makes Devilsmile's attempt to excuse Tyson's loss even FLIMSIER than they already are.

Had Tyson won, nobody would have been clamoring about "Oh, but Buster's momma died. So, Buster wasn't at his best".

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »
tyson... nobody could win over tyson at his prime, NOOOOo body  >:(

"mindspin" could, like he said about boxers Mayweather,Pacman even Tyson, "mindspin" would just grab them and choke them out. Its that easy when you re "mindspin!" ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 10:49:46 AM »
Do y'all really think that ANY of these mma/ufc badasses would have any kinda chance against Roy Jones Jr. when he was in his prime? The ONLY chance that they would have is if they could get a hold of him, which they wouldn't, coz he would just stun them with a few quick left jabs, and then a right uppercut or right cross, and then it's lights out!

spinnis

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
Do y'all really think that ANY of these mma/ufc badasses would have any kinda chance against Roy Jones Jr. when he was in his prime? The ONLY chance that they would have is if they could get a hold of him, which they wouldn't, coz he would just stun them with a few quick left jabs, and then a right uppercut or right cross, and then it's lights out!

In the cage no boxer EVER would have any chance in hell against a world class wrestler =)

they can shoot from such a distance and so fast that the boxer wouldnt have time to do Shit and then his back would be on the ground.

people have No clue.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
Tim is right.  The strength you develop from pushing weights in the gym is a lot different from the strength you develop from wrestling/grappling.  That said, Tim won the fight not because he had superior fighting strength or skill.  He won because Pudz ran out of gas in the 1st minute of the fight.  And he ran out of gas because he has too much muscle mass.

I don't get it? SO he should try to go into a catabolic state and then try to add some fat? ???

spinnis

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 11:02:59 AM »
I don't get it? SO he should try to go into a catabolic state and then try to add some fat? ???

Pudja needs to be at most 230

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 11:05:44 AM »

In the cage no boxer EVER would have any chance in hell against a world class wrestler =)

they can shoot from such a distance and so fast that the boxer wouldnt have time to do Shit and then hes back would be on the ground.

people have No clue.

Dana White said something similar. He noted that UFC competitors, with extensive amateur wrestling backgrounds, tend to excel in MMA. That's why he's not as surprised (as other MMA purists are) that Brock Lesnar has skyrocketed to the top of the heap.

In his mind, the only reason Lesnar's is getting so much static from his critics is, of course, he earned his fame initially with WWE.

Lesnar is about 35 lbs lighter than he was in his pro wrestling prime. I wonder how a 300-lb Lesnar would fare in the cage.

spinnis

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »
Dana White said something similar. He noted that UFC competitors, with extensive amateur wrestling backgrounds, tend to excel in MMA. That's why he's not as surprised (as other MMA purists are) that Brock Lesnar has skyrocketed to the top of the heap.

In his mind, the only reason Lesnar's is getting so much static from his critics is, of course, he earned his fame initially with WWE.

Lesnar is about 35 lbs lighter than he was in his pro wrestling prime. I wonder how a 300-lb Lesnar would fare in the cage.

...And a boxer cant hit what he cannot reach.

And when he Can reach it its already too late. :)

He would obvviously do good because he was just as fast and agile in wwe , but would probably gas too fast =)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »
you dont get it b/c its BS...while yes it probaby did slightly contribute to his lack of stamina, it didnt make him gas that early...

it was more than likely his lack of training toward that end...ppl that have never wrestled or anything like that have no idea how draining an actual match can be for 5 mins...even practice and sparring doesnt really prepare you for it...

he obviously didnt train for endurance and it cost him big time....

if mindspin were correct you wouldnt see any fighters who carried a good amount of muscle but we all could list a dozen a piece from different fighting styles that carried a great amount of muscle but still had decent to great stamina...

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
So, you're going not only prepare yourself for competiton, you're going hit the training camp/gym of your opponents, make sure he's hitting the bags and the weights properly, walk him to his room to ensure he makes curfew to get his proper amount of ZZZZZZs, detail his nutrition to the "T", all so you can feel good about beating him "at his best".

::)

YES exactly, this is what I feel... yes.

and you said in your other post that even though mike tyson beat fighters that raped douglas, doesn't mean tyson could  do that to douglas, this is true. But hold on, read along.

It's like overeem vs rogers, overeem made rogers look like a total amateur pussy, while fedor had to fight ALOT harder against rogers, does it mean overeem will kill fedor? NO ofcourse not!

BUT!!!!! When douglas beat mike tyson mike was a mess mentally and physicly wasn't prepared at all  and douglas was just as  good as in his other fights when he fought tyson and that's why it was even worse to win, because mike tyson looked like shit. Where's the honor in that.
Mike tysons manager that got mike out of the swamps and showed him what friendship means died, women playing with his head... everything else, and the physical prep... buster douglas had more problems than just mom dying also but still

but it's my oppinion tha u should only feel good when u win ur opponent at  his/her best, that IS MY oppinion, i'm a fucking perfectionist narcist, vegeta supersayan honor!  :P

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
There are top fighters with lots of muscle, like Lesnar, Le Banner, etc, etc... in UFC any top light weight would be anihilated by Lesnar... I don't understad why little shits here in getbig (suppsedly mma experts) don't get this... IN FIGHTERS AT THE SAME LEVEL, THE BIGGER AND STRONGER DOES HAVE AN ADVANTAGE.
S

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2010, 04:15:55 PM »
Yes...being bigger does give you an advantage, to a point.  If you're too big, like any IFBB pro, you will not have the cardio to last in an MMA bout.  That's a fact. 

As far as big MMA fighters, there are not any that I can think of, that are successful.  Guys like Brock do not have overdeveloped muscles like a professional bodybuilder.  In fact, compare the Brock of today, to the Brock of the WWE.  He's a lot softer and a good 30lbs of muscle lighter. 
w

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
There are top fighters with lots of muscle, like Lesnar, Le Banner, etc, etc... in UFC any top light weight would be anihilated by Lesnar... I don't understad why little shits here in getbig (suppsedly mma experts) don't get this... IN FIGHTERS AT THE SAME LEVEL, THE BIGGER AND STRONGER DOES HAVE AN ADVANTAGE.

it's DIFFEREND you looney toon.

They have trained to be fighters all their lives and their body structure allows them to carry alot more muscle than for example I could ever dream of even if they did 10h cardio a day.

they haven't trained with weights they have wrestled, fought and done fuck loads of cardio, and even then they are big, and it's because they have the big guy structure.

If you would try to make Jean Pierre bulk to 220lbs he would end up like pudzianowski I'm sure.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »

they can shoot from such a distance and so fast that the boxer wouldnt have time to do Shit and then his back would be on the ground.

people have No clue.

Really? How about boxers that have wrestling experience? Guys like Dempsey used to crosstrain, he even wrote a book on it. Mirko picked up tdd in a relatively short time, natural aptitude aside, it's not rocket science. I would bet a lot of money on Tyson caving Lesnars skull in as he comes in.
Trans Milkshake.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »
Tim Sylvia, speaking Monday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s Savage Dog Show on whether Mariusz Pudzianowski was strong:

Not at all. I’ve faced guys in the gym that were stronger than him. I’m not saying any of the guys I faced can out-bench-press him or pull a car faster than he can or throw keg barrels around like he can, because none of us can, but that’s not what we train for. We train to go against other human beings that are punching you, kicking you, kneeing you or trying to out-position you with their hips. I knew the strength was not going to come into play just because I knew it was MMA. It’s totally different when someone’s trying to grab you and you’re punching them in the face and kneeing them in the body.

No debate here. Sylvia is 100% correct. I said the night of the fight he gassed because he carried too much muscle. Pudz is the strongest man around saggital but get him on the ground he has no leverage and in stand up his shoulders are too heavy.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »
I know MARK HENRY can't fight But i'd guarantee he'd man handle sylvia. And instead of pushing against a 260 - 270 pud he'd be pushing against a 400 lb monster

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 05:48:02 PM »
Nice to see Sylvia's arrogance returning after getting put to sleep by Mercer anyway.

Marius has achieved a lot more than him in a sporting sense.
Trans Milkshake.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 07:42:40 PM »
YES exactly, this is what I feel... yes.

and you said in your other post that even though mike tyson beat fighters that raped douglas, doesn't mean tyson could  do that to douglas, this is true. But hold on, read along.

I didn't say that; Kevcat did.

BUT!!!!! When douglas beat mike tyson mike was a mess mentally and physicly wasn't prepared at all  and douglas was just as  good as in his other fights when he fought tyson and that's why it was even worse to win, because mike tyson looked like shit. Where's the honor in that.
Mike tysons manager that got mike out of the swamps and showed him what friendship means died, women playing with his head... everything else, and the physical prep... buster douglas had more problems than just mom dying also but still.

"But STILL" NOTHING!!! It's STILL up to both men to get themselves ready to fight, ESPECIALLY in a Championship match. Tyson' wasn't ready to play...too bad; he got dropped.

but it's my oppinion tha u should only feel good when u win ur opponent at  his/her best, that IS MY oppinion, i'm a fucking perfectionist narcist, vegeta supersayan honor!  :P

If I'm in a competition, I'm always proud, when I know I'm ready and did what I needed to do to win. I make no apologies, if my opponent failed to do the same.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2010, 12:09:43 AM »
Ive been saying this a MILLION times.... Eveyr strong 220+ wrestler is ALOT stronger then pudja ...in the ring.

What about 170 pound GSP?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2010, 06:33:43 AM »
Tim Siliva is a fat peice of shit!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2010, 07:36:46 AM »
That video of a fat Tim getting KTFO by an old Ray Mercer just goes to show how much more embarrasing this loss was for Pudz.  Tim is not what once was.  Not even close.  Yet he still beat the strong muscle man...lol.
w