Author Topic: Recommend 3 Horror Flicks for Halloween  (Read 15106 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Recommend 3 Horror Flicks for Halloween
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 05:19:55 PM »
the shining
night of the living dead
fright night (not the shitty remake)

E
E

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »
UGLY, Good question, but I don't know which one I saw due to the fact that there have been to many and too many sequels too.

But I think I liked the original bestest....

But I'll let you decide for me.

I'd say this one.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
UGLY, I am defilnitely a HORROR guy. I even snuck out of grammar school to go downtown to see FRANKENSTEIN but they wouldn't allow 6 year old kids inside, so I think I went and saw THE OUTLAW instead which was just sex and tits and kissing horror stuff such as that for a little kid.

I forget if THE PROPHECY was considered a Horror film or a Horrible film, but I was asked to appear in that one because I liked Horror movies or they thought I'd like to be in a horrible movie. (Pick one cause I forgot!)

Friends involved invited me to be a long away,distant bear (no close-ups) but I was long away on the other side of the world someplace and had to turn down any chance of Academy Award consideration.

But tomorrow is a better day and that day will come again.

Ya gotta be optimistic with these movie guys.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »
UGLY, I didn;t see that one! But I hereby promise to make an attempt my next Blockbuster visit on 39 cent day.

Anyone work in a slaughter house?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »
UGLY, I am defilnitely a HORROR guy. I even snuck out of grammar school to go downtown to see FRANKENSTEIN but they wouldn't allow 6 year old kids inside, so I think I went and saw THE OUTLAW instead which was just sex and tits and kissing horror stuff such as that for a little kid.

I forget if THE PROPHECY was considered a Horror film or a Horrible film, but I was asked to appear in that one because I liked Horror movies or they thought I'd like to be in a horrible movie. (Pick one cause I forgot!)

Friends involved invited me to be a long away,distant bear (no close-ups) but I was long away on the other side of the world someplace and had to turn down any chance of Academy Award consideration.

But tomorrow is a better day and that day will come again.

Ya gotta be optimistic with these movie guys.

I saw The Prophecy when I was in grade school. I loved it then, but yeah, it was probably horrible. Good times. Thanks for responding to the thread.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 05:32:45 PM »
Anyone work in a slaughter house?

I worked in the morgue for a couple weeks. Similar, I guess.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 05:42:31 PM »
UGLY, Glad to see someone liked it. My best Marine Corps bud was big time in Hollywood back then and always invited me to be a part of any movie he worked on and that included his TV shows also.

So i spent a lot of time meandering around the front and back lots of Universal while he was jumping off of high places or swinging through some artificial trees or standing in for principal actors who didn't want to get wet or something like that.

Jack was the good guy who was loved by one and all at Universal so after he tossed me through a window a few times or hit me over the head with breakaway bottles, chairs and tables, we'd get invited to the Executive Lunch Room which was just opposite the star's lunch room and we'd enjoy a meal or two with the big bosses and any star who was important enough to dine with us on that occasion ...  or any star who was causing problems on that particular day.

I was not important but Jack was because he was the problem solver and I was the guy who drove with him to some important incidents that required solving.

And that's when I got to hold a real OSCAR and practice my acceptance speech while a minor problem stopped from becoming major.

Or something like that.

Fun days back then!

Jac

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
Maybe it's already been said, stunt, but you had the best job ever. I bet you got a million stories.

Are you retired now?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »
Yep, retired and a bit retarded, but I only got lots of stories to tell because I got kicked out of the house at an early age with the order from a strict Norwegian father to, "Get out and go meet some people!'

Now I'm glad that he said that and even glad-der that I did it.

At the age of 17, it you live any closer than 20 miles from where your were born and raised, I'd give the same advice ... and once away from those you know and love, always give a hearty hand-shake.

And keep an eagle's eye for the bad ones. Watch them closely because you'll learn a lot from them also and be wiser in the process.

SOrry .... Sermon time!

steveTren

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »
these are not bad:

White Noise
Abandoned
Sixth Sense (ftw)
White Noise 2 not bad also
Mothmans prophecies - very good
Uninvited
mist - not really a horror but mistery-horror genre
cant think of any other right now...

classic will always be classics,remakes are pure shit always will be
halloween series
nightmare on elm street series
friday the 13th series
fright night
etc...

if you like B horror movies you can watch few like these, pretty much to make you laugh, but they're horrors also:
rawhead rex
braindead
EVIL DEAD lolz pretty good B horror :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »
Yep, retired and a bit retarded, but I only got lots of stories to tell because I got kicked out of the house at an early age with the order from a strict Norwegian father to, "Get out and go meet some people!'

Now I'm glad that he said that and even glad-der that I did it.

At the age of 17, it you live any closer than 20 miles from where your were born and raised, I'd give the same advice ... and once away from those you know and love, always give a hearty hand-shake.

And keep an eagle's eye for the bad ones. Watch them closely because you'll learn a lot from them also and be wiser in the process.

SOrry .... Sermon time!

You're a wise man. What brings you to a bodybuilding website?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 06:00:28 PM »
Anyone see The Descent?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 06:05:04 PM »
The Changeling (George C. Scott)
Evil Dead
Exorcist III

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »
The Changeling (George C. Scott)

Excellent choice.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »
Excellent choice.
Thank you sir.........great flick!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 06:12:23 PM »
I could recommend three Whore-r flicks starring your mother.

steveTren

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
Anyone see The Descent?

saw it... nothing special bunch of whores go out in a cave and encounter something HORIBLE... movie is made for girls i think so they can shit their pants while watching it
i even think theres a sequel but im not sure... will not watch it of course

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
UGLY, the dad who kicked me out of the house was a friend of Reeves when they were young kids in the Oakland Hills and that was my first association with bodybuilders and physical exercise.

I used to climb every tree over 30 feet tall in San Francisco in an effort to get as big as some of my dad's friends who used to throw me into the San Francisco Bay to 'teach' me how to swim.

And then got kicked out and moved in with an older cousin in Los Angeles who was an up and coming movie star so I'd train with him in his San Fernando garage and would meet an occasional stunt person who was working with him on his present movie.

ANd that stuntman association grew larger as I got older and after I joined the Corps I'd go to LA and visit friends who were already making themselves known in the movie business ... and it just continued from that point on.

Now my younger family members are in the business so my associations continue but not as much as in the good old days when we'd find ourselves raising hell with some of top people in the movie biz who were somewhat difficult to recognize without their toupees and tummy tuckers and in- front-of-camera makeup.

But I'd damn proud that I've met the majority of them and I hope to continue to do so.

I don't know if  you recall a TV show where a dragon lived under the stairs (The Monsters maybe??) but I'd go inside there sometimes and scare any of the kids who were visiting the set.

That's my claim to TV series fame. But the youngsters in the family are big time and I know you've seen them in most of the blockbusters you've seen over the past ten years or so.

As for me outside of my stunt stuff, you might be able to see me in Pal Joey if it wasn't cut for the DVD version. I'm the guy who looks at his watch only to realize I wasn't wearing one and gets knocked over by Sinatra or his double while walking through Chinatown. It's the scene where he gets kicked out of the bar for some reason.

That was my biggest on screen role as an 'actor' ... but I did get a chance to talk with KIM for about five minutes while she was waiting to shoot her next scene with Frank.

She liked me because I was very polite while she was being odered about because Frank was in a hurry.

But after that ... she soon forgot me.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »
saw it... nothing special bunch of whores go out in a cave and encounter something HORIBLE... movie is made for girls i think so they can shit their pants while watching it
i even think theres a sequel but im not sure... will not watch it of course

I thought it was pretty good, much better than the similar Hollywood production "The Cave".

Descent II sucked ass. Not a terrible movie, but just not good enough to be a sequel. Your other recommendations are good.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 06:33:51 PM »

They are coming for you Stunt.... :D
D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 06:34:19 PM »
Youze guys like shitty movies .... So I'm sure you'll love PAL JOEY!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:56 PM »
Shit! Thanks, DOUG!

No sleep for me tonite!

Maybe it's really because some fat Clown popped my balloon at the circus....

But Shit! I was 15 years old when that happened, so it's gotta be that crazy movie.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
 ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
UGLY, the dad who kicked me out of the house was a friend of Reeves when they were young kids in the Oakland Hills and that was my first association with bodybuilders and physical exercise.

I used to climb every tree over 30 feet tall in San Francisco in an effort to get as big as some of my dad's friends who used to throw me into the San Francisco Bay to 'teach' me how to swim.

And then got kicked out and moved in with an older cousin in Los Angeles who was an up and coming movie star so I'd train with him in his San Fernando garage and would meet an occasional stunt person who was working with him on his present movie.

ANd that stuntman association grew larger as I got older and after I joined the Corps I'd go to LA and visit friends who were already making themselves known in the movie business ... and it just continued from that point on.

Now my younger family members are in the business so my associations continue but not as much as in the good old days when we'd find ourselves raising hell with some of top people in the movie biz who were somewhat difficult to recognize without their toupees and tummy tuckers and in- front-of-camera makeup.

But I'd damn proud that I've met the majority of them and I hope to continue to do so.

I don't know if  you recall a TV show where a dragon lived under the stairs (The Monsters maybe??) but I'd go inside there sometimes and scare any of the kids who were visiting the set.

That's my claim to TV series fame. But the youngsters in the family are big time and I know you've seen them in most of the blockbusters you've seen over the past ten years or so.

As for me outside of my stunt stuff, you might be able to see me in Pal Joey if it wasn't cut for the DVD version. I'm the guy who looks at his watch only to realize I wasn't wearing one and gets knocked over by Sinatra or his double while walking through Chinatown. It's the scene where he gets kicked out of the bar for some reason.

That was my biggest on screen role as an 'actor' ... but I did get a chance to talk with KIM for about five minutes while she was waiting to shoot her next scene with Frank.

She liked me because I was very polite while she was being odered about because Frank was in a hurry.

But after that ... she soon forgot me.

You worked with Sinatra? That's big time, stunt.

Are you listed on IMDb? I know you probably want to remain anonymous, so I won't ask your name here. I found onlyme on there, but we all knew his real name anyway.

Thanks for sharing your stories. One question: Have you ever met James Cagney? He's probably my all-time fave.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
D