Author Topic: Vinny Galanti  (Read 9551 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Vinny Galanti
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:13:22 PM »
First getbig had rumors of me having a hockey injury....i never played hockey in my life.

Then you hear about my partial tearing of my left bicep tendon....TRUE

Everyone saw me and Rhino going at it last week......thats over, we made up.

I approached Wayne on my own back in January, and we met at the Arnold Classic to talk about his plans for the PDI.
I loved what he had to say, I was all for this new venture.

I even had lunch with Vince Taylor at the Arnold, and Vince had an excitement to his voice about the whole thing.

I then talked to Jim Manion and Steve Weinberger about me turning 40 soon, and trying something new....I wanted to talk to them in person.

The last couple of months I had a bad feeling about what I was going to do, I could not put my finger on it, and was unsure of my decision.
After  the PDI  Florida and Vegas Pro qualifiers had been canceled, and then learning the Spain portion of the European contest was canceled, I was getting nervous.

I have been in bodybuilding and traveling around the world since 93, so I called old friends that are involved in bodybuilding overseas and nobody could tell me any info on any PDI show in Hungry, Slovakia or England....now I was really nervous.

Wayne emailed me and Jack about going on PDI radio last week to air out our differences because the fans wanted to hearing from us...or something like that.

I didn't like that idea.....and would have no part of "he said she said stuff"
Now I was kinda glad I injured my bicep....as Dave Palumbo said to me.....a blessing in disguise.

I could be totally wrong about my gut feeling, and I wish everyone in the PDI well....but I don't know if it is really for me.

The NPC has been my home since the first time I stepped on stage in 84, winning the teen Jersey Cup.

Right now I'm training very light, training around the bicep....the swelling is gone and I have full range of motion....the only thing that really hurts the arm is  trying to stabilize a dumbell or barbell....I have to stick with machines for a while.

LOOK FOR ME AT THE NPC MASTERS NATIONALS NEXT YEAR.....OR MAYBE SOONER......HMMMMMMM.... .LOL

I'll let you guys pick that one apart.....LOL

Vinny Galanti
Top NPC National Competitor

1st NPC Jr USA
1st NPC Jr Nationals
1st NPC USA
5th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals
4th NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
13th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Vinny Galanti
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »
Dude i knew u would never had played hockey lol.....bocci maybe...a least your cool about it.bbing has been very good to you,either way your still a pro without the card  ;) keep in touch on the board's you know it's fun here.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:57:01 PM »
Nice to hear, Vinny...

I'm sure you'll have a much better feeling when all the years of effort pay off with a IFBB pro card. Good luck in the Masters nationals next year......allthough....t here are a few shows THIS year that might perk your interest..!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:03:29 PM »
Good luck Vinny,

Im sure you'll have a much better feeling when all the years and efforts pay off with a IFBB pro card.

Jaejonna
L

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:06:44 PM »
Nice to hear, Vinny...

I'm sure you'll have a much better feeling when all the years of effort pay off with a IFBB pro card. Good luck in the Masters nationals next year......allthough....t here are a few shows THIS year that might perk your interest..!!

I can see a GIFT being presented to Vinny, to thank him for staying true to the (NPC/IFBB) cause. Bob knows all about receiving gifts.. doesn't he Lee?

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »
I have a feeling that Vinny will enter the nationals !

the sad thing is he would have won his pro card at the USA last week  :-[

Amir Hamzic

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 08:29:28 PM »
maybe jerrome fergusson could do the same thing next

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:40:13 PM »
First getbig had rumors of me having a hockey injury....i never played hockey in my life.

I approached Wayne on my own back in January, and we met at the Arnold Classic to talk about his plans for the PDI.

I even had lunch with Vince Taylor at the Arnold, and Vince had an excitement to his voice about the whole thing.

I then talked to Jim Manion and Steve Weinberger about me turning 40 soon, and trying something new....I wanted to talk to them in person.

The last couple of months I had a bad feeling about what I was going to do, I could not put my finger on it, and was unsure of my decision.
After  the PDI  Florida and Vegas Pro qualifiers had been canceled, and then learning the Spain portion of the European contest was canceled, I was getting nervous.

I have been in bodybuilding and traveling around the world since 93, so I called old friends that are involved in bodybuilding overseas and nobody could tell me any info on any PDI show in Hungry, Slovakia or England....now I was really nervous.

Wayne emailed me and Jack about going on PDI radio last week to air out our differences because the fans wanted to hearing from us...or something like that.

Now I was kinda glad I injured my bicep....as Dave Palumbo said to me.....a blessing in disguise.

I could be totally wrong about my gut feeling, and I wish everyone in the PDI well....but I don't know if it is really for me.

The NPC has been my home since the first time I stepped on stage in 84, winning the teen Jersey Cup.

Right now I'm training very light, training around the bicep....the swelling is gone and I have full range of motion....the only thing that really hurts the arm is  trying to stabilize a dumbell or barbell....I have to stick with machines for a while.

LOOK FOR ME AT THE NPC MASTERS NATIONALS NEXT YEAR.....OR MAYBE SOONER......HMMMMMMM.... .LOL

Vinny Galanti

1st NPC Jr USA
1st NPC Jr Nationals
1st NPC USA
5th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals
4th NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
13th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals

That's what I've been telling you all along along, Vince.  I'm glad the message got through to you.  You followed your heart and you've made the right decision. 

Why get sucked under and ruin your career having a so called given "PDI PRO career" ruin you when you can get your IFBB Pro Card at the Master Nationals next year that you can obviously win. 

You've spent so much time struggling and fighting your way to the top of the NPC.  I've seen you over the years as everyone has getting onstage dueling it out and was on the verge of finally getting the one thing you've wanted for so long.

Sometimes when you're reaching for the golden carrot on a string, some other person will bait you in with one with no strings attached.  But you gotta remember that sometimes what you don't see is what you may get.  And I'm glad you saw it for what it was.

I wish you well and enjoy your golden carrot when you bust them up at the Master's Nationals   

A

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »
Well all I can say is that if Vinny wins the Nationals, it would be a good career move for Stan McQuay to declare for the PDI, renege, and thus guarantee himself the Nationals next year. Now that's what I call a PLAN.

Special "Certified Financial Panner" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:16:57 PM »

After  the PDI  Florida and Vegas Pro qualifiers had been canceled, and then learning the Spain portion of the European contest was canceled, I was getting nervous.

Right now I'm training very light, training around the bicep....the swelling is gone and I have full range of motion....the only thing that really hurts the arm is  trying to stabilize a dumbell or barbell....I have to stick with machines for a while.

Vinny Galanti

1st NPC Jr USA
1st NPC Jr Nationals
1st NPC USA
5th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals
4th NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
13th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals

Listen man you're 1 of these dudes that be pushing and pushing and then post up your pix and then you get COMPLIMENTS but your azz ignores the shyt cause your head's up your azz. Next time i'll make sure i wont say a fucking word about your "PHYSIQUE". Stop promoting yourself ok "HOMEY"

>:(
#

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 09:49:38 PM »

Vinny Galanti

1st NPC Jr USA
1st NPC Jr Nationals
1st NPC USA
5th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals
4th NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
13th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals

And that should clear all the rumors , good luck Vinnie, choices you make are YOURS to make , nobody can judge you for that. D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 09:53:33 PM »
Cool, I'll see you at the Masters Nationals next year....should be a great show!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »
How's your fat loss & bootcamp going Joe? ;) Need training tips from a legend?
Team Goodrum!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 10:01:52 PM »
How's your fat loss & bootcamp going Joe? ;) Need training tips from a legend?

It's going great. I'm in the process of putting together strength camps for Police, Fire and Lifeguard recrutes...it's gonna be good 8)!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 10:11:18 PM »
It's going great. I'm in the process of putting together strength camps for Police, Fire and Lifeguard recrutes...it's gonna be good 8)!

Yes but rest and nutrition are really key too. Besides proper training, you really are what you eat.
Team Goodrum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 10:13:39 PM »

wow... awesome idea!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 10:32:52 PM »
Yes but rest and nutrition are really key too. Besides proper training, you really are what you eat.

I have my nutrition completly dialed in with all my clients and athletes....you cannot have one without the other!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 10:42:55 PM »
wow... awesome idea!

I'll be in touch with you on changes, but along with throw-up conditioning, it will also be a throw-up strength program that will include sand bags, 200-400lbs tractor tires, sleds, kettlebells,etc,etc,etc. It's along the same lines as I train my athletes.
I was told by a cop friend of mine that about 60-75% of police recruits simply fail because they cannot pass the physical agility test, but they pass the written part

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 10:43:50 PM »
so the pdi isnt a good idea?

whitewidow

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 11:00:44 PM »

After  the PDI  Florida and Vegas Pro qualifiers had been canceled, and then learning the Spain portion of the European contest was canceled, I was getting nervous.

Right now I'm training very light, training around the bicep....the swelling is gone and I have full range of motion....the only thing that really hurts the arm is  trying to stabilize a dumbell or barbell....I have to stick with machines for a while.

Vinny Galanti

1st NPC Jr USA
1st NPC Jr Nationals
1st NPC USA
5th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals
4th NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
3rd NPC Nationals
6th NPC Nationals
13th NPC Nationals
5th NPC Nationals

RIGHT ON BRA-

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 11:45:17 PM »
Vinny I forgot all about you winning your class at the USA...you and anyone else that wins their class their should be a pro anyway.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 12:11:03 AM »
Help me understand.  When you get your pro card, what does that mean exactly...in monetary terms?  When you get signed to a pro team, it constitutes a career and usually a contract, pretty much setting you up for life.  I don't understand plugging away as a "sport" which requires no skill and pretty much at the end of the road, is just more drugs most likely.  Where does the satifsaction lie here?  When talent and pure effort is required to be the best at something, I have understanding and even admiration for something like that, but bodybuilding has neither.  Help me understand.
N

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 12:17:09 AM »
Help me understand.  When you get your pro card, what does that mean exactly...in monetary terms?  When you get signed to a pro team, it constitutes a career and usually a contract, pretty much setting you up for life.  I don't understand plugging away as a "sport" which requires no skill and pretty much at the end of the road, is just more drugs most likely.  Where does the satifsaction lie here?  When talent and pure effort is required to be the best at something, I have understanding and even admiration for something like that, but bodybuilding has neither.  Help me understand.

Croatch what's going on with your training bro? Nomore vids., or updates with your goals or etc.?
#

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 12:23:58 AM »
Croatch what's going on with your training bro? Nomore vids., or updates with your goals or etc.?
I only took video that one time for kicks.  I'm 5' 8" 217lbs now, 10%bf maybe less.  Pretty much just maintaining and enjoying lifting.  I'm about to have a meltdown now and grab a pizza, then knock a few more pros on getbig and call it a night...haah
N

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 12:25:44 AM »
I only took video that one time for kicks.  I'm 5' 8" 217lbs now, 10%bf maybe less.  Pretty much just maintaining and enjoying lifting.  I'm about to have a meltdown now and grab a pizza, then knock a few more pros on getbig and call it a night...haah

lol i could learn A LOT from you bro! If you only let me in with your training/nutrition somewhere where you have it written up! I'd appreciate that, i'm a fan of your achievements! Even though we all know you did your cycle yrs back j/k  ;)
#