Author Topic: Anthony Roberts  (Read 4826 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Anthony Roberts
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:01:22 PM »
Most of you should be aware by now of the drama surrounding Anthony Roberts. I for one am concerned in regards to my own association with him and the negativity that seems to follow him…especially as of late. However, more to the point, my biggest qualm is that I now have reason to suspect that I have been lead to believe a pack of lies and even used for his own advantage.

Anthony first contacted me a little over a year ago after he had read an article of mine on the Muscular Development web site. We spoke several times, he proceeded to offer me paying jobs writing for isteroids.com, steroid.com and a host of other bodybuilding, and fitness related websites….nothing ever materialized

He then offered me a position writing for “Muscle Evolution” and said it was in his power to give me full control over all the magazines contest coverage, amateur bodybuilding coverage and a monthly editorial piece. After writing several articles for him, doing a handful of interviews for him, I was never paid one red cent that I was promised. I have been told be several people and now have suspicion that these very articles and interviews were published overseas under his own name.

I was also asked by Anthony to help him rewrite many of his steroid profiles that are posted on such websites as steroid.com. I asked to be paid up front this time and never heard back.

I was also told by Anthony that a new website called probodybuilding.com was going to be launched and that Brian Clapp, the owner of steroid.com had put him in charge of finding someone to oversee this endeavor. Anthony contacted me and said he’d like to hand this position to me…sugar coated it with all sorts of promises. He said that I would be contacted by Brian shortly…but guess what? I never heard from Brian. He would call me in the middle of the night saying stay by my phone cause Brian was about to call…nothing.

Luckily for me, I finally took matters into my own hands and got a hold of Brian myself. Yes, there is a new website called probodybuilding.com he is about to launch, but he informed me that Anthony had done nothing but pumped a bunch of sunshine up my butt and had no authority to make claims as he did. Good news for me, Brian has taken everything away from Anthony that he did use him for and has offered me a position with probodybuilding.com that is unlike Anthony’s offer and actually legitimate…the guy actually uses legal contracts and pays for work done…pretty fancy idea huh?

But as for Anthony, if what I told you was not already enough, the guy offered me countless times free supplements and deals with various supplement companies…none came through…it was all a lie. Dieting for a show myself this past summer, Anthony promised me a handful of care packages to help out with things…guess what I got in the mail? A copy of his steroid handbook, a book that Brian actually owns all the rights to…that’s all I got, no money, no supplements, nothing but a book that’s full of copied and pasted material as well as misguided information that any novice bodybuilder would know is complete garbage.

In closing, I advise all of you and anyone contacted by this person to stay far, far away. I am fully aware that Anthony has for years had a storm of negativity behind him, but I’m a trusting person and tired to give the guy the benefit of doubt.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
Re: Anthony Roberts
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
You will never find anyone in this business who has 100% feedback, there is always something negative somewhere about even the best guys.  Always a dissatisfied customer somewhere.  I have had suspicions about anthony roberts for a while, and I have heard alot of stuff from many people like you just said here.  The dude is a snake IMO, everyone should stay away.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »
Also what happened to his business venture with alin?  I remember I read in one of his blogs a while back they were going into business together.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
You will never find anyone in this business who has 100% feedback, there is always something negative somewhere about even the best guys.  Always a dissatisfied customer somewhere.  I have had suspicions about anthony roberts for a while, and I have heard alot of stuff from many people like you just said here.  The dude is a snake IMO, everyone should stay away.

Yes this is true, but he just point blank lies and uses people. In my case he used me for some of my contacts and own writings. I tried to defend the guy for over a year but he ended up even stabbing me in the back.

Also what happened to his business venture with alin?  I remember I read in one of his blogs a while back they were going into business together.

Well Anthony talks a big game. Supposedly he was part of Alin's new line Balkan Pharma and ivitimins. If there is any truth to that I have no idea...I would highly doubt it though because Alin IMO wouldn't really have any use for someone like Anthony...business wise it would be pointless.

4thAD

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »
Anthony Roberts/ AKA Hooker is a schmuck. He has lost all credibility with me and most others. Get him AJ...

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 02:30:59 AM »
When someone treats people like that, sooner or later he might have an "accident."
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 02:32:15 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 03:22:15 AM »
You're doing the right thing by "outing" this guy if he screwed you over.  Just remember that guys like Roberts are everywhere, in every industry.  If you're going to continue to do any sort of contract work for anyone, you're going to have to examine your overly trusting nature and implement some policies which will protect you and your intellectual property in the future.

Sorry you got taken to the cleaners by a bullshit artist.  It happens to everyone at some point, so go ahead and kick yourself but don't dwell on it too much.  Now you know not to do business on a handshake.  Even if someone hands you a contract, you should run it by your lawyer, or have your lawyer draw up a standardized contract (scope of work, terms of payment, royalties, permitted distribution, keeping your name on it, etc.) for you to get your client to sign if you're going to do a lot of work of this nature.  You may have to look into copyrighting your work as well.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 03:37:03 AM »
Is he the "so-called" drug "guru"?

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »
Is he the "so-called" drug "guru"?

yes, but if you have ever seen his pic I dont know how anyone would take his advice seriously.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
Anthony has been burning bridges everywhere he has gone...Has a hard time accepting when he's wrong.. :P

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
I am terribly sorry to hear this AJ.  I hate it when sincere and honest people are taken advantage of  >:(
:

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
That sucks.

8)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 08:55:21 PM »
I thought Anthony Roberts was a motivational speaker? The really tall guy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »
I thought Anthony Roberts was a motivational speaker? The really tall guy.
hahahaah same here

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 09:35:27 PM »
hahahaah same here

I think that cat is Anthony Robbins..

He inspired me a great deal..After i heard him speak..I gained over 10 pounds of muscle during my first anabolic steriod cycle..

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 09:42:37 PM »
:

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »
So many names going thru my head.
Isnt he an attorney and suppose to rule steroid
law then plea bargans or passes with work to a no
name attorney.
Not saying anything that has not been out in the open
Dont sue me and take all my st@@@@@s

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 11:16:37 PM »
I read Muscle Evolution, the one you are talking about.
It is a great up right no bull shit magazine with an amazing Editor.
I wonder if they know what went down.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »
TEAM TONY ROBERTS MY PEEPS

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »

BFP