Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36892 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Move over halo. ;)

I watched that gameplay - it certainly feels like Halo..... but its not   ;D  Will play!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

What I will DEFINITELY be getting!!

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

In response to Microsoft's sharing policy...  Hahahahha  ;D

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.

PS4 - Greatness Awaits

Gracie Rules

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
In response to Microsoft's sharing policy...  Hahahahha  ;D

Lol!!! Sony is going to rape Microsoft.

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
Wrong.  The publishers are the ones driving this.

And, in case you didn't notice, FF and Kingdom Hearts went cross console today.

And pre orders of the XBone on Amazon are sold out.  Not for PS4.

Agree Grape-
here is a little story- I was out to dinner last Saturday (live in Seattle) and there was a group of older adults (about 10-12 in the party) I overheard them talking about the new xbox, and how Microsoft was genius about implementing the whole tv thing with the Blu-ray player and the skyping, Kinect gestures, and the Siri-like voice activation, as well as being a video game console. I joined there conversation, and the whole party were talking about it with an excitement like Elvis Presley was in the building.

It is interesting how Microsoft is really trying to cater to the mainstream population whom get the new ipads for $499 even though there are better tablets out there, Microsoft much like Apple, is really trying to solidify themselves as the must have gadget for not just the gamers, but the casuals, the tech-savy, and ones whom buy name-brands just for the sake of. Moreover, the only real people whom are mad about the new Xbox, are the hardcore gamers, whom will probably be trying to pirate games anyways.

I look at the industry, and my, has Sony just been getting hammered. They used to be the Apple of the east, Now there TV's barely sell, there laptops and tablets are forgettable, as well as there movie's they produced, c'mon After Earth with Will Smith's son? Did anyone see that $140 million bomb? Now there most lucrative business is selling insurance?! The Playstation brand must succeed in this generation, and not just get by like the PS3 did, but be the gold standard like they were more than 10+ years ago.

People can make all the excuses about the Xbox 360 being out a year ahead, but Sony was so dominant, it was unheard of to even challenge them. It was like when the industry thought they (Sony) were stupid to go launch a system against NEC, SEGA, and at the time the unstoppable Mario at Nintendo. But, who would of known, the Playstation became the premier choice for gamers , and took Nintendo from its spot and put Sega out of business, even though they did everything right with Dreamcast, which came out earlier than the PS2, but Sony just annihilated Sega, when it was released.

Microsoft did the same thing to Sony-caught them slipping, and took advantage of it, and bested them in America and also other parts of the world, to become a premier gaming brand as well. Now they open the E3 show with a jaw-dropping Metal Gear Solid 5, which was always known as a Sony exclusive! Will Microsoft's plan of going after the casual audience of the tv watcher, social media user, and brand buyer work out?

I'm guessing probably, and if it all works out, people usually buy the device that most of there friends socialize the most with, so I could see the xbox one attracting a whole different crowd than before. They keep talking about how you can constantly stay connected with your phone or smart-glass enabled device, and this is a dream for the person whom is waiting for the next episode of "Scandal" and be able to get the info on there phone, as well as stream it to there friends, while on Skype and talking about meeting online to play Battlefield 4 later on in the day.

Again the only people upset are the hardcore gamers, but it seems if Microsoft can win over the casual population, much like Apple does, the hardcore gamer, will eventually succumb and by an xbox one. How Sony plays there hand then, if that is how it plays out will be very interesting, since they created more of a gaming machine, instead of a all-in-one machine.

I'm pretty excited and will get both systems. Should be a great generation, that won't just include gaming but a connectivity with other users/players that will be a really cool experience, or just a bad dream, either way I am awaiting Witcher 3!            

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
it sold much better in the beginning and is still outselling the ps3, especially in the US

E

Not accurate at all.

The PS3 has outsold the Xbox.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
you're the only one that didn't understand

how many times does it have to be mentioned it is outselling ps3 in the US and doesn't sell at all in japan, a country where everybody plays video games?

E

No you didn't.

If so, you wouldn't have used the word "especially"... You are implying with that one word that it is doing better all over and MORE SO in the US.

it sold much better in the beginning and is still outselling the ps3, especially in the US

E

cephissus

• Getbig V
As if being a "gamer" disqualifies me from having a fairly valid opinion on the matter? Especially considering that opinion is within the genre I like to spend a lot of my free time and money. If you don't think MS is going to fail, and fail hard, with their anti-consumerist mantra than you are either A) rabid unyielding fanboy B) invested in the company and shilling C) absolutely clueless/retarded. Considering this is GetBig, I think most people here can figure out what option we are probably dealing with.

To give another example how much MS is actively trying to screw the consumer, MS's Phil Spencer said, and this is paraphrased, "if you can't get online for the XBONE's online requirement, get a 360".

Yeah....

yes, it pretty much does.  being a gamer, means, in 99.999999% of cases, you are a dumbfuck.  MS is "anti-consumerist", LOL.  in the real world, not the fantasy one you dwell in, this "anti-consumerist mantra" means fuck all.  the average consumer has no clue about these "anit-consumerist" practices, doesn't care, and isn't a fucking broke dumbass crying about it on message boards.

if you really think this is SUCH a big deal, consider what happened last generation:

RROD
YLOD
Stolen credit card info
Nintendo releasing a horrendously underpowered piece of shit
"$599 US DOLLARS"
PS3/360 backwards compatibility fuckups left and right
MS region locking

etc. etc. etc.

none of these "outrages" made a difference, "ended" anyone, or allowed one side to "win".  the bottom line is, xbox one and ps4 are going to be very competitive with each other, based on everything we've seen so far.  i'd bet my life on it.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Just got my daughter the PS3 and now I have to get her the PS4

Try a book instead, you pinata loving bastard.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
  Just got my daughter the PS3 and now I have to get her the PS4

Good Steve! PS4 is the way to go! Gotta love them Pinatas!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
If none of my old games are going to work for Xbox One there absolutely no poing in going with Microsoft.

This is stupid, I need two consoles to play my games either way now, thank you Microsoft. Wish I could get something else for PC too.

Why don't Sony make an OS for PCs?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
I already pre-ordered my PS4. ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
you're the only one that didn't understand

how many times does it have to be mentioned it is outselling ps3 in the US and doesn't sell at all in japan, a country where everybody plays video games?

E

No I'm the only one ( up until that point ) who called you on your bullshit claim.

ps4 will win for the same reason 360 sold better than the ps3, it's $100 cheaper

This is your original claim which is flat out wrong, Both sold roughly the same amount of consoles ( 77 million ) and then you looked silly and were forced to amend your statement that it sold better in the beginning  ::) with a year head start.

And again what the fuck does that mean?  ??? who cares if it sold better in the beginning? ( and how would you know? do you have a year-to-year breakdown in sales comparing the two? )  all that matters did they sell more in the end? and we already know that answer. If anything Sony sold more in less time and didn't have to pay out over $1 Billion dollars to fix their systems so who really ' won ' ?

And this has nothing to do with me looking for an argument , it has to do with calling you on your bullshit , you back peddling and being butt hurt you got called on your original bullshit claim.

ps4 will win for the same reason 360 sold better than the ps3, it's $100 cheaper  

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.

8)
Gracie Rules

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
It doesn't matter - they grabbed market share equal to a console that owned 60% of the market on the prior generation.   That's worth much, much more than a what they paid out in damages.  It's just math, and it worked.

Sony's network on the PS4 is not free, either.  And they've already backtracked on the DRM issue.

Losing a billion dollars doesn't matter? What planet do you live on where making a billion dollars and then paying it back doesn't matter? Tell that to the share holders lol see how well that goes over

Mind you Xbox lost money with the 360 because like the PS3 it was initially selling at a loss and compared to the original Xbox they had a cumulative loss of over $4 billion dollars on top of the $1 billion they paid out in red ring failures which according to a recent survey is 54% compared to PS3's 10.6% failure rate.

If anything Sony sold just as many units in shorter time for more money and even though PSN was hacked it cost tens of millions as opposed to billions for Microsoft. So who really won?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
Losing a billion dollars doesn't matter? What planet do you live on where making a billion dollars and then paying it back doesn't matter? Tell that to the share holders lol see how well that goes over

Mind you Xbox lost money with the 360 because like the PS3 it was initially selling at a loss and compared to the original Xbox they had a cumulative loss of over $4 billion dollars on top of the $1 billion they paid out in red ring failures which according to a recent survey is 54% compared to PS3's 10.6% failure rate.

If anything Sony sold just as many units in shorter time for more money and even though PSN was hacked it cost tens of millions as opposed to billions for Microsoft. So who really won?

I've been surprised by your responses here since I've found almost all of  your posts to be well thought out and logical, but you seem to be ignoring significant context around sales numbers on this one.

This is not the real math but directionally correct: paying a billion in damages does not matter if you make 3 billion additional because of it.  For some reason, you ignore this concept, and focus only on the $ related to console sales.    Sony had a 60% market share and dominated the prior generation.  Microsoft launched early, knowing the heat sync issues, to be able to grab more share, equaling Sony with ~30% on the current one.  More share = more licensing $, more game $, more peripheral $....etc.   It was a calculated risk that enabled MS to equal in console sales what had been a whitewash in the previous generation.

You're ignoring context here and just looking at total sales.   Sony sold as many units.  Yes.   Got it.  But they did it with the ability to sell in all three major VG markets (US/Euro/Japan), while MS had the benefit of only two.  Plus, when you consider the embedded user base Sony had to start with, it's even worse.  Sony had such an advantage from the start, being equal in sales is a failure, and not what they planned.

Don't take my word for it.  Read the press releases from Sony, look at their financials, stock prices  etc....read the industry news..forecasts, expectation...it's all there.  PS3 was not good for Sony. Akeelsolid above has a great post about this above.

I don't hate Sony.  I want them to succeed so I have more great games to play.
Y

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
yes, it pretty much does.  being a gamer, means, in 99.999999% of cases, you are a dumbfuck.  MS is "anti-consumerist", LOL.  in the real world, not the fantasy one you dwell in, this "anti-consumerist mantra" means fuck all.  the average consumer has no clue about these "anit-consumerist" practices, doesn't care, and isn't a fucking broke dumbass crying about it on message boards.

if you really think this is SUCH a big deal, consider what happened last generation:

RROD
YLOD
Stolen credit card info
Nintendo releasing a horrendously underpowered piece of shit
"$599 US DOLLARS"
PS3/360 backwards compatibility fuckups left and right
MS region locking

etc. etc. etc.

none of these "outrages" made a difference, "ended" anyone, or allowed one side to "win".  the bottom line is, xbox one and ps4 are going to be very competitive with each other, based on everything we've seen so far.  i'd bet my life on it.

Here it is people. Take a hard look at it and soak it in. This is what a display of sub-par intelligence looks like, and also your average poo-slinging GetBig post.

I'd actually be curious to your argument as to why you consider gamers "dumb fucks" as opposed to people who have other hobbies like say...watching football. Gamers are actually interacting with their means of entertainment, as opposed to...let's throw out a percentage like it's a fact...99.9% of football watchers just sit on their couches and observe others in their modern Colosseum wreck each other for their entertainment.  People "waste" their money on golf. Others "waste" it on video collections or cars.

The point is, people of all walks will choose how to spend their time/money regardless of intelligence level or success.

Also, Sony is already attempting to fix that price snafu of last generation. I was REAL hesitant for the PS4, but so far it looks like Sony got their junk slammed enough in the door jam and is getting their head back on straight and wants to go back to the PS2 era of making gamers happy.

The Wii was not a piece of shit. Great system that was perfect for what Nintendo wanted. And this is coming from someone who didn't even buy one, I'm just not a fool enough that isn't able to recognize what it is.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
This is coming from an Xbox fan-king (yes I am keeping my character) I will gladly buy a Playstation 4. Fuck Xbox. Microsoft executives are weeping right now. They have already lost.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I never knew the average age of getbiggers was 11.  All the excitement over video games  ::)
I have the PS3 and never played a game on it, but I do use it as a music player, photo viewer and watch blue rays on it, as most adults should.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
When you get older maybe you'll find a way to take care of your priorities so you'll be able to find time to play a game or two.

And by then, maybe you might be able to afford a ipod to play music on and get a real stand alone blu-ray player like most adults do.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Nice gfx, but humans still look like a stupid wannabe vr project. Racing games seem to benefit most from the voodoo.
Sony is dying and I'm curious if the pz4 will be able to save them.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
I never knew the average age of getbiggers was 11.  All the excitement over video games  ::)
I have the PS3 and never played a game on it, but I do use it as a music player, photo viewer and watch blue rays on it, as most adults should.
Waste of money.............outed.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Why did the Golias Labs nutrition thread get remov
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2013, 07:55:46 AM »
Meh, I'll buy them both but the pc still will end up with more AAA games than both systems combined, just like it did this gen, and 90% of the games on both systems will come to the pc, just like this gen, and will play at higher frame rates and higher resolution, just like this gen, and will be cheaper, just like this gen.