Author Topic: PCT and Trib T supplements  (Read 1991 times)

bf2002

• Getbig I
PCT and Trib T supplements
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:12:34 AM »
I read a lot about how tribulus t. supplements are supposed to be good to jump-start your natural test production again, after a cycle.

Is this really true?

As RDW posted Hypothalamus makes GnRH -> Pituitary makes LH -> Testes makes Testosterone

Additionally, trib test causes the pituatary gland to produce more LH.

Unless I'm missing something here (please let me know if I am), this effectively jacks up activity of the pituatary gland WITHOUT doing anything to the hypothalumus.

Now, if I understand how the body tries to restore homeostasis with it's natural feedback loops, then wouldn't the hypothalumus REDUCE GnRH production to offset the high LH being produced by the pituatary gland due to the trib t supplementation?

The question is how long before the GnRH production (hypothalumus) occurs?  Is it 3-4 weeks AFTER the start of trib t supplementation?  This would have to be the case, I would think, to justify using trib t, since a 3-4 week period is how long once "cycles" the trib t, from what most maker's suggest.

Any ideas on the above?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: PCT and Trib T supplements
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:20:53 AM »
guys here are going to say trib is worthless.

IMO, its a good supp. it isnt going to give you super human T levels, but i HAVE read that can it jump start T when its in a suppressed state. like in PCT. I also have heard that it works very wel in conjunction with ancillaries like clomid and nolvadex.  i know a top level competitor who uses dhea, trib, and clomid for his pct and he keeps all of his gaINS.....      if nothign else, it is an awesome libido product

the effects of tribulus begin in about 30 mins, and end in about 4 hours. you dont have to cycle the product bro..if you wanted, You could stay on it year round, and therw would be no risk of detremint to your health or physique.

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:00:34 AM »
I'm using it during PCT right now.  I'm also using nolvadex but couldn't get any HCG so I thought I would throw some trib in there as well.  I feel pretty good.  Been off for about 4 1/2 weeks and my strength hasn't gone down a bit, BW is the same and condition has actually improved slightly.  Plus my libido has increased a lil and I attribute that to the trib as it is the same feeling I had on it as a natural.  As long as you have the rest of your PCT in order then I don't see any reason not to throw in a little trib for the libido.  Good question on the feedback loop though.  If RDW reads this I'm sure he'll be able to give you an educated answer.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »

IMO, its a good supp. it isnt going to give you super human T levels, but i HAVE read that can it jump start T when its in a suppressed state. like in PCT. I also have heard that it works very wel in conjunction with ancillaries like clomid and nolvadex.  i know a top level competitor who uses dhea, trib, and clomid for his pct and he keeps all of his gaINS.....      if nothign else, it is an awesome libido product

the effects of tribulus begin in about 30 mins, and end in about 4 hours. you dont have to cycle the product bro..if you wanted, You could stay on it year round, and therw would be no risk of detremint to your health or physique.
Come on, you need to start thinking more critically about this stuff.

4thAD

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 10:07:40 AM »
I'm using it during PCT right now.  I'm also using nolvadex but couldn't get any HCG so I thought I would throw some trib in there as well.  I feel pretty good.  Been off for about 4 1/2 weeks and my strength hasn't gone down a bit, BW is the same and condition has actually improved slightly.  Plus my libido has increased a lil and I attribute that to the trib as it is the same feeling I had on it as a natural.  As long as you have the rest of your PCT in order then I don't see any reason not to throw in a little trib for the libido.  Good question on the feedback loop though.  If RDW reads this I'm sure he'll be able to give you an educated answer.

Trib will in NO way replace HCG! Not even close. Itwill increase libido by making free test a little more usable and that is all.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »
Trib will in NO way replace HCG! Not even close. Itwill increase libido by making free test a little more usable and that is all.

Exactly, it's not a viable product for PCT at all.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »
Come on, you need to start thinking more critically about this stuff.
okay, im not sure what you mean, but im game. please explain?

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »

Never said it did.  Said it increased my libido and I feel great right now on a combo of Nolva and Trib.  I never said it was interchangeable with HCG.

bf2002

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 03:15:52 AM »

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, ESPECIALLY Candidizzle and StillTippin, for your thoughts on this.

I'm coming off a cycle soon. It's been 8 weeks of TEST at 500mg for 5 of the weeks and 3 weeks at 750mg, plus 50mg of Anadrol MOST OF THAT TIME as well, with a little Winnie oral tabs thrown in (20-60mg daily but only for about 10 days of the last 8 weeks, mostly for muscle protection/energy post lifting and during my HIIT cardio which usually includes some cardio based lighter lifting for the higher intensity cardio intervals --- clean and jerks, goblet squats, etc.

I might go another 2 weeks, but not sure yet, since I threw in some Proviron half-way thru on recommendation from someone....good advice but a bad idea for me. It controlled estrogen conversion, but spiked my free test high as hell and I have a major case of body acne due to it even with Rx grade acne meds.

Since I'm not going past 10 weeks on the cycle, from info on HCG (steroid.com), I don't think I'll need HCG. My nuts haven't shrink, my tits are apparently ok (but still a bit paranoid about it), and I've been running Nolvadex thru most of the cycle.

I think what you guys suggest on adding the trib t and nolvadex will be fine for me....with the Test E I've been running, I understand from my research that the crash will come about 3-4 weeks after my last test-e shot, but I'm going to run Nolvadex for the 3-4 weeks up to the crash and for 3-4 weeks once I crash on test levels. I might add an AI with the Nolvadex and the Trib T once the crash period starts in the form of proviron (to keep what test I have free) or Gaspari Novadex XT (if I can't get the Proviron).

I'm think between the above and continuing to lift heavy, but to not risk overtraining in a weakened state and cause muscle loss, I'll stick to a 4 day lifting week.

Any advice on this plan?

4thAD

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 08:38:21 AM »
It is because of this crash that you should run nolva or clomid for four weeks and Aromasin for six weeks. Estrogen rebound can be a bitch, and aromasin will stop this from happening. As far as HCG goes it is my opinion that it should be run with every cycle except TRT. When HCG is used this crash of hormone levels does not seem to be as pronounced, making recovery much smoother. Aromasin will bring up natural test levels, and will not completely diminish estrogen levels. 25mg Aromasin ed will  lower estrogens approximately 40-62%, increase Testosterone 60%, and does not effect plasma lipids or IGF-I concentrations.

bf2002

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:24:20 AM »
It is because of this crash that you should run nolva or clomid for four weeks and Aromasin for six weeks. Estrogen rebound can be a bitch, and aromasin will stop this from happening. As far as HCG goes it is my opinion that it should be run with every cycle except TRT. When HCG is used this crash of hormone levels does not seem to be as pronounced, making recovery much smoother. Aromasin will bring up natural test levels, and will not completely diminish estrogen levels. 25mg Aromasin ed will  lower estrogens approximately 40-62%, increase Testosterone 60%, and does not effect plasma lipids or IGF-I concentrations.

Thanks. I just read the steroid profile for this drug.  It seems it does or could affect IGF-1 and blood lipids but less than other AI's.

What I'm curious is about is the acne issue. In this drug's profile it states aromatization of androgenic steroids (i.e. the test e I've been using) causes this. Yet, I always thought acne is caused by high test levels and not by high estrogen levels. As an example, before my first AAS cycle ever I used 1000mg of Trib T and 100-200mg DHEA daily, and the heightened test levels there were enough to cause a slight acne rash for me.

Additionally, my acne symptoms exploded once I used proviron for over 2 weeks, and that AI also increases free test and suppresses estrogen (though it requires higher doses for same effect than Aromasin.

What am I mising here? Help!

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 01:25:04 AM »
id say nolvadex is the most impiortant oct drug. A few 1,500 IU shots of HCg is all you need. Then when Im off cycle I use a high quality TRIB product along with a good DHEA product along with vitargo. My test level is 758ng natural right now.if uyou no what your doign you can get get super high test levels without gear. I am living proof of it.

4thAD

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 08:06:23 AM »
Thanks. I just read the steroid profile for this drug.  It seems it does or could affect IGF-1 and blood lipids but less than other AI's.

What I'm curious is about is the acne issue. In this drug's profile it states aromatization of androgenic steroids (i.e. the test e I've been using) causes this. Yet, I always thought acne is caused by high test levels and not by high estrogen levels. As an example, before my first AAS cycle ever I used 1000mg of Trib T and 100-200mg DHEA daily, and the heightened test levels there were enough to cause a slight acne rash for me.

Additionally, my acne symptoms exploded once I used proviron for over 2 weeks, and that AI also increases free test and suppresses estrogen (though it requires higher doses for same effect than Aromasin.

What am I mising here? Help!

Ive posted the studies on this site for aromasin. look them up.