Author Topic: 8 week weight loss quest all cardio  (Read 20242 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
8 week weight loss quest all cardio
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:32:24 PM »
I wasn't going to start a thread but screw it.was talking on a different thread about it so whatever.I'm 2 weeks in on a 8 week weight loss challenge 1000$ to the winner 500$,250$ for second and third place.I'm down 16lbs.whoever loses highest percent of starting bodyweight.mystarting weight was 266.2lbs.
DAWG

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: 8 week weight loss quest all cardio
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »
Good luck attaining your goals bro.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
Dawg, Can I ask ya to pass us your cardio program?

Stationary bike? Stairmaster? whatever???

How many minutes cardio work?

How many times a day / a week?

Average heart rate?

How many calories do you burn during your standard aerobic activity?

What does your diet consist of? How many calories each day?

All that stuff would be of interest to me as I'm on a similar program.

You probably know all this stuff but the information is presented in a wise and unique format in Vanuto's new book ... THE BODY FAT SOLUTION.

Thanks for an update, Dawg, and good luck winning that $1,000!

Etc Etc.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »
Dawg, Can I ask ya to pass us your cardio program?

Stationary bike? Stairmaster? whatever???

How many minutes cardio work?

How many times a day / a week?

Average heart rate?

How many calories do you burn during your standard aerobic activity?

What does your diet consist of? How many calories each day?

All that stuff would be of interest to me as I'm on a similar program.

You probably know all this stuff but the information is presented in a wise and unique format in Vanuto's new book ... THE BODY FAT SOLUTION.

Thanks for an update, Dawg, and good luck winning that $1,000!

Etc Etc.

I'm doing one hour of tread mill in the morning on empty stomach(other than black coffee).I usually walk at a fast pace 3.5 mph with an incline.but sometimes I do interveals were I jog for 5 minutes.my heart rate varies of course but for the most part is around 120-130bpm.I'm also doing stationary bike in the evening for a half hour at my gym.I haven't taking a day off yet although I've missed a couple evening sessions.I'm only eating around 1000 calorie's daily on average.(sometimes 800 sometimes 1200).always under 50 carbs.the rest is all protein and fat.mostly baked or grilled chicken,eggs,and vegetables.taking fish oil and fiber supplement.I must note that I'm not lifting during this 8 weeks and I'm laid off from my job.so I get plenty of sleep.the program will vary with time.
DAWG

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 04:02:21 AM »
I'm doing one hour of tread mill in the morning on empty stomach(other than black coffee).I usually walk at a fast pace 3.5 mph with an incline.but sometimes I do interveals were I jog for 5 minutes.my heart rate varies of course but for the most part is around 120-130bpm.I'm also doing stationary bike in the evening for a half hour at my gym.I haven't taking a day off yet although I've missed a couple evening sessions.I'm only eating around 1000 calorie's daily on average.(sometimes 800 sometimes 1200).always under 50 carbs.the rest is all protein and fat.mostly baked or grilled chicken,eggs,and vegetables.taking fish oil and fiber supplement.I must note that I'm not lifting during this 8 weeks and I'm laid off from my job.so I get plenty of sleep.the program will vary with time.

That sounds just horrible.   ;D

Good luck, I hope you don't lose alot of muscle, but I think some muscle loss is inevitable.  Sounds like you have a little to spare anyway.  :)

:)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:13:29 AM »
Run!
G

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »

That sounds just horrible.   ;D

Good luck, I hope you don't lose alot of muscle, but I think some muscle loss is inevitable.  Sounds like you have a little to spare anyway.  :)

yea I had been bulking and doing heavy compounds for quite some time.so the muscle was there.it was just a little hidden ha ha.this contest came along right around the same time I was planning on starting to cut.I had no intention to lose this much weight this fast but screw it.I'll just gauge were I'm at,and do the fine tuning after the contest.
DAWG

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »
Thanks for the info, Dawg. I'm on a similar program myself but after 50  to 60 minutes of cardio I do about 30 minutes with the weights.

In addition, I'm cutting my cals down to about 1,400 to 1,500 a day.

I 'd still like to know what to eat on a daily basis that would allow the largest amount of protein without adding to many calorie count.

Fish sees to be the answer but how about other hi protein foods besides eggs, meat, fish? What's the single best source of protein drink without a high calorie count? Yesterday at Costco, I saw a case of 1/2 can sized protein drinks claiming that each had 30 grams of protein. I forget the calorie count though.

Anyone have the precision answer as to the single best product for hi protein and low calories?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 01:00:03 PM »
yea I had been bulking and doing heavy compounds for quite some time.so the muscle was there.it was just a little hidden ha ha.this contest came along right around the same time I was planning on starting to cut.I had no intention to lose this much weight this fast but screw it.I'll just gauge were I'm at,and do the fine tuning after the contest.

Will you be providing us with progress pics, or before and afters?   ;D
:)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »

Will you be providing us with progress pics, or before and afters?   ;D

I wish like hell I would have remembered to take a before pic because it's the most I ever weighed 270lbs(266.2 starting contest weight).I weighed in this morning at 249.I might give you an after pic if your lucky.HAHA!
DAWG

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »
You have to eat more and do less cardio because you will eventually stall.
Also your body will adapt to your diet and training regiment so once you eat normally again without the cardio the weight will come back on. What you are doing looks good in the short run but in the long run its not so good.

Funnily enough im at the same stage your at, 2 weeks into my diet and lost 6 pounds but Im only planning to lose 1-2 lbs every week from here on out.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 03:24:34 PM »
You have to eat more and do less cardio because you will eventually stall.
Also your body will adapt to your diet and training regiment so once you eat normally again without the cardio the weight will come back on. What you are doing looks good in the short run but in the long run its not so good.

Funnily enough im at the same stage your at, 2 weeks into my diet and lost 6 pounds but Im only planning to lose 1-2 lbs every week from here on out.

as I said in my earlier post as time goes on the program I'm on will vary.but I defiantly won't be eating more.and I defiantly won't be doing less cardio.
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »
OK weighed in today 246.4lbs. 20lbs down in three weeks.my goal.get down 40lbs then dehydrate another ten by final weigh in.after next week I'm upping the cardio hour in the morning another hour in the evening.plus I'm cutting the rest of the yolks out of my eggs. :P
DAWG

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »
OK weighed in today 246.4lbs. 20lbs down in three weeks.my goal.get down 40lbs then dehydrate another ten by final weigh in.after next week I'm upping the cardio hour in the morning another hour in the evening.plus I'm cutting the rest of the yolks out of my eggs. :P
good stuff man, any pictures posted?

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 05:37:24 AM »
Thanks for the info, Dawg. I'm on a similar program myself but after 50  to 60 minutes of cardio I do about 30 minutes with the weights.

In addition, I'm cutting my cals down to about 1,400 to 1,500 a day.

I 'd still like to know what to eat on a daily basis that would allow the largest amount of protein without adding to many calorie count.

Fish sees to be the answer but how about other hi protein foods besides eggs, meat, fish? What's the single best source of protein drink without a high calorie count? Yesterday at Costco, I saw a case of 1/2 can sized protein drinks claiming that each had 30 grams of protein. I forget the calorie count though.

Anyone have the precision answer as to the single best product for hi protein and low calories?

I use ON Gold Whey Double Rich Chocolate.  24 Grams of Protein and only 120 calories.  Best tasting protein I have ever used.  Mixes very well even with just a spoon.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 08:40:43 AM »
Thanks, Wny. I jsut bought the same product at 24 Hours mainly because it was 30% the original price. Still cost about $50 though. Will be using it starting today and will let ya know what I think.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:12:21 AM »
Thanks, Wny. I jsut bought the same product at 24 Hours mainly because it was 30% the original price. Still cost about $50 though. Will be using it starting today and will let ya know what I think.

yep I like that protein alot.just never liked the price.....ok..weighed in yesterday at 243lbs.weight loss has slowed some but still coming off at a decent pace.might have one small cheat meal today to try to jump start the metabolism. :).
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »
good stuff man, any pictures posted?

heres a vid in your honor big guy ;D

DAWG

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »
good luck my fellow hulkamaniac

remember - hulk smash puny treadmill

i'll say a prayer for u.
175lbs by 31st July

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 09:54:02 AM »
good luck my fellow hulkamaniac

remember - hulk smash puny treadmill

i'll say a prayer for u.

thank you for your support fellow Team Hulk Representative... In 3 weeks when this is over I might just smash the treadmill myself...And keep praying man I'll do the work though.because two hands working can accomplish more than thousands clasped in prayer.
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
down to 240lbs on the dot.my goal was to get to 226lbs in the 8 weeks.14 pounds to go.I'm gonna try to lose 4lbs each week.but last couple days I will fast.then dehydrate the last 24 hours.
DAWG

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 03:05:18 PM »
down to 240lbs on the dot.my goal was to get to 226lbs in the 8 weeks.14 pounds to go.I'm gonna try to lose 4lbs each week.but last couple days I will fast.then dehydrate the last 24 hours.

seems more than doable considering the great losses so far  8)
175lbs by 31st July

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 04:02:53 PM »
seems more than doable considering the great losses so far  8)

yea the first 20lbs came off quick,and very easy.the second 20lbs is being stubburn.but it will be gone by march 6th final weigh in.after that I still plan on dropping another 20lbs.200lbs bodyweight by July is the overall goal.
DAWG

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 04:28:13 PM »
this is an awesome thread Big Dawg....you have definitely inspired me to try this same type of routine to try and lose weight...I am short...5'4'....weighed myself yesterday at 252 lbs...strong and bulky, but I have a pot belly....I want to lose ideally about 52 lbs and get down to about 200.....I am going to try and do this by May 1....the last month and a half I have spent eliminating all soda and limiting sweets....lots of salads and fruit.....and I have begun to lift more.....now I want to beegin phase two and start my cardio program on Monday feb 16th....may do like you and do two sessions per day or just one in the morning on an empty stomach....I'll post my progress here as well.....Thanks for giving me some inspiration!!!