Author Topic: 94 yates vs ray  (Read 12252 times)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: 94 yates vs ray
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:22 AM »
unmarketable..... to bodybuilders he was, and as you all know, only bodybuilders watch bodybuilding.... he's so marketable that he's talked about much more than the last 2 olympians..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2008, 09:46:34 AM »
  What Earl1972, the legendary homosexual moron, doesen't understand is that, to the general public, Yates and Ray are equally "too big" and repulsive. In fact, anything more muscular than your average male underwear model is considered grotesquely muscular by the general public. So obviously, we have two options here: to enforce the traditional bodybuilding standard that prizes muscular size as the ultimate goal of bodybuilding, or to turn the Mr.Olympia into a male beauty pageant where Mr.Olympia is the guy with the most ripped abs and the most toned arms. There is no mid term here. I'm sorry, but I will take the former option rather than the latter.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I hate when the term "more marketable" gets thrown around.  Yes, the general public might find a Levrone type more pleasing than a Yates, but it's completely irrelevant, since they are not the target.

Bodybuilding's a niche and will not get to be more than that.  If an MLB player gets busted for using a small amount of Winstrol, there's a public outcry.   How would they accept a sport that is over 30% (40-50-60?) based on using illegal substances?  What they think doesn't matter.
Y

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2008, 09:49:02 AM »
m

Thing is, Dorian is not dwarfing Shawn in height. 3-5"?? In weight, sure. 205 compared to 260. BIG MOFO difference.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »
bob paris was incomplete compared to Mr. Levrone, Mr. Olympia still has to have size and Mr. Levrone had the best combo of size, shape, and aesthetics

and labrada was like 5'2 not marketable at all, you have to be at least average height

E

Labrada was not 5'2". More like 5'5".

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2008, 10:58:28 AM »
I can still remember the fans screaming for Shawn Ray as he turned around and hit those back poses. The fans went nuts and knew Mr. Ray was the winner. The guy is just amazing.

Really sections of the crowd Booed Me you Shawn placed ahead Levrone , and 1995 Shawn was constantly booed lol I wonder why lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
shawn was screwed in 94.

just look at how badly dorian's quads compare to even 'little' shawn's in the pics.

never mind most everything else.

dorian was not in his best shape in 94, and it really showed standing next to shawn in the shape of his life.

of course, the torn bi was really really bad..

Even shawn's back double bi was good enough for a close look standing next to dorian, something that even Musclemag reviewers specifically noted.

dorian looked like Fat Bastard's twin in 94:

Yeah Shawn was screwed in 1994 and according to you Ronnie dominated in 2001 lol again what do you know about competitive bodybuilding? NOTHING  ;)

you're really good at posting photoshopped pics  ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
  What Earl1972, the legendary homosexual moron, doesen't understand is that, to the general public, Yates and Ray are equally "too big" and repulsive. In fact, anything more muscular than your average male underwear model is considered grotesquely muscular by the general public. So obviously, we have two options here: to enforce the traditional bodybuilding standard that prizes muscular size as the ultimate goal of bodybuilding, or to turn the Mr.Olympia into a male beauty pageant where Mr.Olympia is the guy with the most ripped abs and the most toned arms. There is no mid term here. I'm sorry, but I will take the former option rather than the latter.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

what suckmymuscle the legendary angry, fat, gay alcoholic doesn't understand that yates is disgustingly big in the wrong places (waistline) and the general public would rather be dead than look like him hence the reason bodybuilding died when he became Mr. O

shawn and Mr. Levrone were too big in the eyes of a large part of the general public but there were far more people that admired their physiques and wanted to emulate them, if their physiques were Mr. Olympia there would be far less bellybuilders today and bodybuilders would not only look better but be healthier,oh the fanbase would be bigger too how many getbiggers say they hate the current physiques? many

we could stick to the current judging criteria where bodybuilding has a tiny fanbase compared to the past and the bodybuilders look like shit and are unhealthy

or we can choose the healthier aesthetic physiques that people actually admire and the sport will generate more money

it takes a complete retard to not understand this ::)

maybe you like the ugly physiques because you are a disgusting pile of shit, people tend to like whatever they can relate with hahahaha ;D

E
E

suckmymuscle

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 03:00:48 PM »
what suckmymuscle the legendary angry, fat, gay alcoholic doesn't understand that yates is disgustingly big in the wrong places (waistline) and the general public would rather be dead than look like him hence the reason bodybuilding died when he became Mr. O

shawn and Mr. Levrone were too big in the eyes of a large part of the general public but there were far more people that admired their physiques and wanted to emulate them, if their physiques were Mr. Olympia there would be far less bellybuilders today and bodybuilders would not only look better but be healthier,oh the fanbase would be bigger too how many getbiggers say they hate the current physiques? many

we could stick to the current judging criteria where bodybuilding has a tiny fanbase compared to the past and the bodybuilders look like shit and are unhealthy

or we can choose the healthier aesthetic physiques that people actually admire and the sport will generate more money

it takes a complete retard to not understand this ::)

maybe you like the ugly physiques because you are a disgusting pile of shit, people tend to like whatever they can relate with hahahaha ;D

E

Don't blame me for what you said, retard. You stated that the way for bodybuilding to become more popular and mainstream would be to make guys like Kevin and Shawn Mr.Olympia and not Dorian. You are so stupid that you even agreed with me that making Levrone Mr.Olympia would not make bodybuilding any more popular because the general public would still consider him too big, and yet this retard continues to argue with me for the simple reason that he wants to take some of Levrone's milk up his ass. ;D ;) Since making "smaller" guys, like Levrone and Shawn, Mr.Olympia won't make the sport more popular anyway, then why care? Dorian Yates had more thickly developed muscles and superior hardness than Levrone, and his muscle/skeletal symmetry is superior. So we can go in two ways. We try to make bodybuilding more popular by giving what the general public wants to see, in which case neither Dorian or Levrone are Mr.Olympia, or we continue to apply the traditional criteria, in which case Dorian wins. In either case, Kevin loses. ;) Since choosing the "smaller" bodybuilders like Levrone and Ray won't make the sport more popular anyway with the mainstream public, then I see no reason why we should dismiss freaky size and development as the ultimate goal of bodybuilding and make Shawn or Levrone Mr.Olympia in place of Dorian. Once again you fail, retard. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »
  Don't blame me for what you said, retard. You stated that the way for bodybuilding to become more popular and mainstream would be to make guys like Kevin and Shawn Mr.Olympia and not Dorian. You are so stupid that you even agreed with me that making Levrone Mr.Olympia would not make bodybuilding any more popular because the general public would still consider him too big, and yet this retard continues to argue with me for the simple reason that he wants to take some of Levrone's milk up his ass. ;D ;) Since making "smaller" guys, like Levrone and Shawn, Mr.Olympia won't make the sport more popular anyway, then why care? Dorian Yates had more thickly developed muscles and superior hardness than Levrone, and his muscle/skeletal symmetry is superior. So we can go in two ways. We try to make bodybuilding more popular by giving what the general public wants to see, in which case neither Dorian or Levrone are Mr.Olympia, or we continue to apply the traditional criteria, in which case Dorian wins. In either case, Kevin loses. ;) Since choosing the "smaller" bodybuilders like Levrone and Ray won't make the sport more popular anyway with the mainstream public, then I see no reason why we should dismiss freaky size and development as the ultimate goal of bodybuilding and make Shawn or Levrone Mr.Olympia in place of Dorian. Once again you fail, retard. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

oh brother reading is not your strong point is it sucky ::) where did i say that Mr. Levrone would not have made bodybuilding more popular?  yeah most of the general public think he was too big but they thought the same of lee haney, yet bodybuilding had more fans in the 80's then now

Mr. Levrone was more marketable than dorian, DORIAN WAS NOT MARKETABLE AT ALL he was only marketable to distorted ugly mutants like yourself

dorian started the trend of big bloated ugly physiques and because of that bodybuilding has lost many fans, if you didn't have a reading problem you would've noticed that many around here say they hate the physiques of today but were fans of the 70's and 80's physiques, the sport will not grow as long as the judging criteria rewards dorianesque waistlines :)

oh and do you still want to fight me?  funny how you keep dodging the question, maybe it was the alcohol talking ;D

E
E