Author Topic: how can natural bbing match ifbb popularity...  (Read 4949 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
how can natural bbing match ifbb popularity...
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »
1 idea:  freaky size like delino dixon, david whittaker
I am a grown ass man

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Re: how can natural bbing match ifbb popularity...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:40:51 AM »
it simply can't match IFBB. It is more or less like boxing. The most popular category is the "Heavyweight". Or like in football, lower divisions are less popular than first divisions.
Although I would like to see that natural bbing could have the same impact as IFFB has...
S

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 03:20:02 PM »
Integrity for me is a big bonus. I mean the whole shake your ass thing by the 300 pound monsters is way out of line! Rape music must also leave!
just push some weight!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:08:03 AM »
Yeah, it wont.  Unless the IFBB does strict drug tests where the competitors in IFBB come back down to the natural size.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »
Yeah, it wont.  Unless the IFBB does strict drug tests where the competitors in IFBB come back down to the natural size.
Yes! That would be a good way change the course bbing is taking. But i find it very difficult to happen...
S

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:31:12 AM »
No I think if there is to be a future for bodybuilding then everybody should be on the base level of the same drugs and monitored by respectable doctors.
just push some weight!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 08:33:58 AM »
No I think if there is to be a future for bodybuilding then everybody should be on the base level of the same drugs and monitored by respectable doctors.

::)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 08:34:53 AM »
Yes! That would be a good way change the course bbing is taking. But i find it very difficult to happen...

Course it wont, the freakyness is what people wanna see.  Without it bodybuilding would slowly fade away IMO.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 05:42:44 PM »
people like it just for the freak show or rare physique's, that's hard to do with natural bodybuilding.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 05:26:45 AM »
Having one 'main' natural fed, like IFBB is for unnaturals, couldn't hurt. Maybe there's one already, I dunno. But it would help shift the focus solely on one thing, and people can concentrate on that fed, its contests and competitors; like how we all talk about the IFBB over any other unnatural fed.

As for size of the competitors, you really get a mixed bag at natural shows. From the under 21's Average Joe physique to the top guys worthy of the NPC. I'm sure most people would only want to see the big guys. In the IFBB, they're ALL big guys! So you get your money's worth there. Just one reason why untested shows are ruling over natural shows.

Like I've said before, get one main natural division, like the IFBB, and promote the heck out of it. Get a magazine, 3 or 4 shows a year, get your marketable guys doing the marketing side of things and just put the eggs in one basket for a while. You need to draw attention to things before people can become aware of it.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 11:10:44 AM »
It cant. Naturals don't have the hardiness and the full look of a juicer. It's simply not worth looking at.

Besides, the top "natural" athletes are on insuline/hgh etc. to gain an edge over the real naturals.

Top sport = drugs

The industry would collapse.

AVBG

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 12:41:08 AM »
Does anyone out there support natural shows?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 07:36:18 PM »

I support them, I go to them as much as I can....I am just stating that people dont wanna pay the big bucks or pack gymnasiums unless there is going to be a freak show.  It's the shock value.  There is no shock value in Natty bodybuilding.  The only people who seem to enjoy the natty shows is those that understand how much harder it is and appreciate the smaller defined physique.  And without people packing natty shows, there will be no money to entice people to do it other than their conviction about being drug free. 

Just my .02 in my rambling mood tongiht.

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »
I support them, I go to them as much as I can....I am just stating that people dont wanna pay the big bucks or pack gymnasiums unless there is going to be a freak show.  It's the shock value.  There is no shock value in Natty bodybuilding.  The only people who seem to enjoy the natty shows is those that understand how much harder it is and appreciate the smaller defined physique.  And without people packing natty shows, there will be no money to entice people to do it other than their conviction about being drug free. 

Just my .02 in my rambling mood tongiht.

That "ramble" was worth more than 2c.. well said..

I am going to support a local nattie show in May.. http://www.anb.com.au/

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 04:37:47 PM »
Yes.I get to as many shows as I can.Most of the audience have competed though or are friends of the competitors.

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 08:03:33 PM »
Yes.I get to as many shows as I can.Most of the audience have competed though or are friends of the competitors.

That's good to hear Jonno. I am going to make a special effort to attend as many locally held nattie shows in 2007.