Author Topic: Guys+girls=friends???  (Read 19359 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Guys+girls=friends???
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:21:12 PM »
Let me preface this by saying this is an ongoing discussion between me and my gf.  We are both convinced of our points but I want to hear some other opinions/reasons why one of us or both may be right/wrong.  I think that 99% of guys aren't friends with girls just to be their friends.  They either want more or just want someone to bitch too, with the former being the main reason.  Any thoughts?
Squishy face retard

diamond

• Getbig II
Re: Guys+girls=friends???
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:31:09 PM »
I personally have more male friends than female. But I dont know their reasons for why they're my friends...could be anything I guess...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »
I personally have more male friends than female. But I dont know their reasons for why they're my friends...could be anything I guess...
See I hear more and more girls say that and it's wierd to me. 
Squishy face retard

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 04:46:10 PM »

Why is it weird? It's great to be friends with someone of the opposite sex because you get to be someone totally different than you are with your same sex friends. Opposite sex friends often have a different way of looking at things which is interesting and intriguing. Plus, you get all kinds of insight into the mindset of the OS, which admittedly, can be frightening. The way it usually works is... you start out as friends, then eventually after a few months, he comes on to you, which is usually awkward, then you say no, I thought we were just friends, and then after more awkwardness, he either gets furious and frustrated and cuts the friendship... or you move on and stay friends. Those are usually the best friendships.

ps.  Don't you like getting away from all the pwnings and gayer than convos occasionally and coming up here to talk to us?  :D

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »
Why is it weird? It's great to be friends with someone of the opposite sex because you get to be someone totally different than you are with your same sex friends. Opposite sex friends often have a different way of looking at things which is interesting and intriguing. Plus, you get all kinds of insight into the mindset of the OS, which admittedly, can be frightening. The way it usually works is... you start out as friends, then eventually after a few months, he comes on to you, which is usually awkward, then you say no, I thought we were just friends, and then after more awkwardness, he either gets furious and frustrated and cuts the friendship... or you move on and stay friends. Those are usually the best friendships.

ps.  Don't you like getting away from all the pwnings and gayer than convos occasionally and coming up here to talk to us?  :D
Oh Deedee, you know I come here just for you.  ;D Jk.  I like it.  I thinks it definitely not something girls think about but just from personal experience and knowing other guys, it rarely is just ever a friendship in our minds.  I have two good friends who are girls and one is someone I've know since age 6 and the other helped me through a rough time so I trust her.  I explained it like this to my gf.  I told her to think of the guys she considered friends and think about their looks, how they acted with her (one was a pity date for his prom because he got blown off) and I told her that they all at some point were attractive and because she didn't reciprocate (whether knowingly or not) they just were like "okay, I've already hung out with her enough, maybe I'll just stick around even though I won't get some" and like I told her, they used her as someone to bitch to about other girls.  I think it is a general rule, not a scientific fact or anything.
Squishy face retard

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »
Lol, come on, admit it, it's comfy up here on the girl board.  ;D

I think you pretty much said it the way it is. Childhood friends are ALWAYS friends, and the other ones usually end up with him "trying to get some," eventually, but finally settling for being friends. It's also great to have a "work husband." Someone at work who is like your soulmate and you're like glue from 9-5... causing everyone to think there's something going on but there isn't.  Usually you're just talking about who's getting fat, or bitching about the losers, and then at the end of the day, you go home to whoever...  :)  Unfortunately, sometimes the whoevers at home, get jealous.  :-\

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 05:17:53 PM »
I hvae more female friends than male.  I attribute this to being raised my a single mother and plainly being more comfortable around them I guess.  I view them as my sisters, protective.  There are some that I could not be in a relationship due to the friendship, it would be wierd.  Some of them I walk around in my boxer briefs getting dressed say as I am getting ready.....and vice versa, it means nothing to us.  Pure friendship and would be wierd to think of htem any other way.  Lots of benefits to having female friends, scores big brownie points with their frineds that they introduce you too.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 05:18:34 PM »
Lol, come on, admit it, it's comfy up here on the girl board.  ;D

I think you pretty much said it the way it is. Childhood friends are ALWAYS friends, and the other ones usually end up with him "trying to get some," eventually, but finally settling for being friends. It's also great to have a "work husband." Someone at work who is like your soulmate and you're like glue from 9-5... causing everyone to think there's something going on but there isn't.  Usually you're just talking about who's getting fat, or bitching about the losers, and then at the end of the day, you go home to whoever...  :)  Unfortunately, sometimes the whoevers at home, get jealous.  :-\
"If you look at another guy I'll kill ya"

"He gets so jealous" (smiling)
Squishy face retard

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 05:53:16 PM »
"If you look at another guy I'll kill ya"

"He gets so jealous" (smiling)

Yes... it's so nice to feel so wanted.  :)

Lots of benefits to having female friends, scores big brownie points with their frineds that they introduce you too.

For some reason, this seems to be a benefit for the guys. Usually works too!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »
Yes... it's so nice to feel so wanted.  :)

For some reason, this seems to be a benefit for the guys. Usually works too!

It's Italian love, what can I say? ;D

I do like your board Deedee. It is a nice change.  *secretly plans to leave his gf to nail Deedee*

Honestly though, I do like your board.
Squishy face retard

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 06:10:07 PM »
It's Italian love, what can I say? ;D

I do like your board Deedee. It is a nice change.  *secretly plans to leave his gf to nail Deedee*

Honestly though, I do like your board.

Yes, I'm familiar with Italian Love... the 3x inflated pectorals that look like they're going to burst, the death stare... makes you feel sorry for the other guy.  ;)

We like having you here.  :)  You always come up with such controversial subjects to discuss.

Don't think I've ever been nailed.  :P 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »
Yes, I'm familiar with Italian Love... the 3x inflated pectorals that look like they're going to burst, the death stare... makes you feel sorry for the other guy.  ;) Especially when he's knocked out or running scared

We like having you here.  :)  You always come up with such controversial subjects to discuss.  If it's not controversial, it's not worth mentioning.  ;D

Don't think I've ever been nailed.  :P  Sorry, I meant passionately made love to  ;D
  :)
Squishy face retard

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 06:14:54 PM »
Let me preface this by saying this is an ongoing discussion between me and my gf.  We are both convinced of our points but I want to hear some other opinions/reasons why one of us or both may be right/wrong.  I think that 99% of guys aren't friends with girls just to be their friends.  They either want more or just want someone to bitch too, with the former being the main reason.  Any thoughts?

both of yall r right...

i've had ..nah..hell with the long stories..

both yall r right..
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »
Especially when he's knocked out or running scared.

If it's not controversial, it's not worth mentioning. 

Sorry, I meant passionately made love to 

And another Friday night ends with:  "Why did you have to do that? He was nobody." "Just get in the car."  :P

That's another Italian trait.  ;)

Bettah!!! 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »
And another Friday night ends with:  "Why did you have to do that? He was nobody." "Just get in the car."  :P

That's another Italian trait.  ;)

Bettah!!! 
"He's just a friend."  "Not any more"

OH MY GAWD DEEDEE!!! I LUV HEEM BUT TIMES HE'S JUST SO JEALOUS. OH MY GAWD.
Squishy face retard

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
a guys version of a female friend is a woman he hasn't slept with.....yet

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 04:49:02 PM »
a guys version of a female friend is a woman he dosen't wanna sleep with

fixed!
carpe` vaginum!

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »

Why is it weird?

I just tend to get on with guys better...less hassle, can handle honesty etc. And as much as I love my friends that are female...I do have more friends that are guys, and usually spend more time with them. However, ya cant beat a night out with the girls sometimes...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Why is it weird?

I just tend to get on with guys better...less hassle, can handle honesty etc. And as much as I love my friends that are female...I do have more friends that are guys, and usually spend more time with them. However, ya cant beat a night out with the girls sometimes...
It's just wierd to me, it always has been.  I think it's a change from years past to where more girls hang out with guys. Like I said to Deedee.  Girls find it harmless to have guy friends but if a girls bf all of a sudden had a real close gf, I guarantee she would suspect something more than platonic.
Squishy face retard

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 02:45:38 AM »
It's just wierd to me, it always has been.  I think it's a change from years past to where more girls hang out with guys. Like I said to Deedee.  Girls find it harmless to have guy friends but if a girls bf all of a sudden had a real close gf, I guarantee she would suspect something more than platonic.

But most of the time its not 'all of a sudden', I've known my friends for years and with the majority of them could never imagine things ever going any further. They are more like my brothers, really protective over me and look out for me etc.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 02:51:26 AM »
 Any girl that I am friends with,is just a girl that I was trying to f**k,and f**ked it  up somewhere along the way...Now I am stuck being friends. :-\ This is the case with 95% of guys...The other 5 % are liars or are gay..

Hope that clears it up for you.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 02:53:07 AM »
But most of the time its not 'all of a sudden', I've known my friends for years and with the majority of them could never imagine things ever going any further. They are more like my brothers, really protective over me and look out for me etc.

They want to get in your pants.That is a fact. Maybe they don't think about it anymore...but given the chance they would gladly do it...Unless they are gay.

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 03:07:58 AM »

They want to get in your pants.That is a fact. Maybe they don't think about it anymore...but given the chance they would gladly do it...Unless they are gay.

Maybe at the beginning but now I highly doubt it...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 03:17:38 AM »
Maybe at the beginning but now I highly doubt it...

Offer it to them and you will see. :)

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 03:31:09 AM »
No...I refuse to believe it lol  ;D