Author Topic: Westboro Baptist Church family disowns daughter — 20/20  (Read 21096 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Westboro Baptist Church family disowns daughter — 20/20
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »
I hate the State.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church family disowns daughter — 20/20
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
There is a good documentary streaming on Netflix about them.

They are rage-aholics like so many right-wingers.
G

newmom

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »
oh gawd, how fucking sad for those kids. If you believe, as an adult what they believe them, yes they're small minded and need a good whack upside their small noggins. I think they're vial but that's the world we live in.

I DON'T condone, hurting the young kids of westboro church, sadly they've been brainwashed.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:42:29 AM »
Good for her.
R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:53:30 AM »
ok, after watching that little girl sing God hates the world and all the people, I swear, I will fucking rip these parents hearts out if I ever see them in person.  WHHHATT THE FUCKKK SICKKKK SHITTT IS THIS?  I'm so sick of the vast crap that spews out of all of these shitty nothing VIRAL religions born from the middle east.  Pure fucking crap the lot of it.  This shit reminds me of the torture someone close to me endured because some delusional christian doctor thought her cancer was a demon and put her through an exorcism ::)  fucking psychos, all of you...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:03:36 AM »
ok, after watching that little girl sing God hates the world and all the people, I swear, I will fucking rip these parents hearts out if I ever see them in person.  WHHHATT THE FUCKKK SICKKKK SHITTT IS THIS?  I'm so sick of the vast crap that spews out of all of these shitty nothing VIRAL religions born from the middle east.  Pure fucking crap the lot of it.  This shit reminds me of the torture someone close to me endured because some delusional christian doctor thought her cancer was a demon and put her through an exorcism ::)  fucking psychos, all of you...

These Westboro freaks are likely not Christians..they speak of "obeying" God or going to hell.  Christianity is not works-based.
And your relative's doctor sound like he was very misguided and possibly delusional.

Your pal,
The psycho
R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:17:10 AM »
These Westboro freaks are likely not Christians..they speak of "obeying" God or going to hell.  Christianity is not works-based.
And your relative's doctor sound like he was very misguided and possibly delusional.

Your pal,
The psycho
at some point this pshyco we are talking about was a member of another church along with his father and mother.  At some point some psycho in your church is going move along with ideas and then form a church and spew stuff close to what he heard but a bit different and then some psycho listening to him will go out with even more whacked shit... on and on and all because christianity is a man made virus.  It's programed from the start to spread via the concept that if you do not believe, you are damned...  FEAR!!!!  It's really terrorism if you think about it!!!!  It's fucking garbage to the end and it's EVIL.  The very evil you worry about, you help perpetrate.  I'll never forgive christianity for the torture it brough on my mother... never...  And I'll never allow that crap around any of my family after the shit I've personally witnessed.

We don't need christianity to be good.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 08:25:15 AM »
at some point this pshyco we are talking about was a member of another church along with his father and mother.  At some point some psycho in your church is going move along with ideas and then form a church and spew stuff close to what he heard but a bit different and then some psycho listening to him will go out with even more whacked shit... on and on and all because christianity is a man made virus.  It's programed from the start to spread via the concept that if you do not believe, you are damned...  FEAR!!!!  It's really terrorism if you think about it!!!!  It's fucking garbage to the end and it's EVIL.  The very evil you worry about, you help perpetrate.  I'll never forgive christianity for the torture it brough on my mother... never...  And I'll never allow that crap around any of my family after the shit I've personally witnessed.

X 1000000000000 Remember, is it truly good to treat others with kindness for your own reward (eternal life)?

This is to miss entirely the point of true empathy. Love and kindness contain their own rewards within, they need nothing external.
G

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »
haha,OMG that is funny

w8m8

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:56:54 AM »
I've always held the belief that the nutjobs who use religion as a weapon are the ones who hold a skewed opinion on EVERYTHING and need to be institutionalised as soon as their behaviors are reported ... society doesn't seem to think they are much of a threat .. and tend to see them as just strange and harmless .. people they cross the street to avoid .. but there are many instances of fanatics going batshit crazy and this story is just another to add to the list

There's been murders and rapes committed under the guise of "God's will" ... unless people start involving themselves in thngs they see that are wrong .. these things will never stop

Where are neighbors and shop keepers who see these nutters .. ? I may be gifted in the fact that I live in an area where I know my neighbors and they know me ... if anything was "off" someone would surely be acting upon it

Just look at Elizabeth Smart .. or Jaycee Lee Dugard for instance ... the creeps who took them did not live in a cave and survive off pine nuts gathered in the woods

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:19 AM »
at some point this pshyco we are talking about was a member of another church along with his father and mother.  At some point some psycho in your church is going move along with ideas and then form a church and spew stuff close to what he heard but a bit different and then some psycho listening to him will go out with even more whacked shit... on and on and all because christianity is a man made virus.  It's programed from the start to spread via the concept that if you do not believe, you are damned...  FEAR!!!!  It's really terrorism if you think about it!!!!  It's fucking garbage to the end and it's EVIL.  The very evil you worry about, you help perpetrate.  I'll never forgive christianity for the torture it brough on my mother... never...  And I'll never allow that crap around any of my family after the shit I've personally witnessed.

Seeing as how the message of Christianity is to accept Christ as Savior and help others, no, I don't see it as terrorism. 

Of course you are horrified about what happened to your mother, as you should be, but I see nothing in the NT that advocates ignoring/rejecting needed medical attention. 

Like you said, this guy was or became warped, but if you read the NT I believe you would see it advocates good and helpfulness.  But you think that since it exists and so it's possible that people can twist it to become dangerous that it should be wiped out.  I can't agree because it is something entirely different at that point.  Just like these Westboro people.   

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »

Where are neighbors and shop keepers who see these nutters .. ? I may be gifted in the fact that I live in an area where I know my neighbors and they know me ... if anything was "off" someone would surely be acting upon it

I think this is the first I've seen of people actually physically doing something in regard to these Westboro people. 
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 09:10:17 AM »
X 1000000000000 Remember, is it truly good to treat others with kindness for your own reward (eternal life)?

This is to miss entirely the point of true empathy. Love and kindness contain their own rewards within, they need nothing external.

Yes, everyone should do good works but Christianity does not base eternal life on good works. 

R

w8m8

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »
I think this is the first I've seen of people actually physically doing something in regard to these Westboro people. 

I just can't imagine a church like that being able to last within 200 miles of where I live ... the way the violence erupts at the protests they show up at should be enough to charge the parents with neglect by placing their children in that situation  :-\

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
at some point this pshyco we are talking about was a member of another church along with his father and mother.  At some point some psycho in your church is going move along with ideas and then form a church and spew stuff close to what he heard but a bit different and then some psycho listening to him will go out with even more whacked shit... on and on and all because christianity is a man made virus.  It's programed from the start to spread via the concept that if you do not believe, you are damned...  FEAR!!!!  It's really terrorism if you think about it!!!!  It's fucking garbage to the end and it's EVIL.  The very evil you worry about, you help perpetrate.  I'll never forgive christianity for the torture it brough on my mother... never...  And I'll never allow that crap around any of my family after the shit I've personally witnessed.

Hugo, you blame Christianity for whatever it is that happened to your mom?  You believe the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are an evil virus?

Have you seen what soccer fans do to each other around the world, all that violence?  Look at the millions of people that communist dictators have tortured and killed.  It has nothing to do with Christianity or any religion for that matter.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »
my comments were a bit out of line, sorry.  Got pissed watching that vid and had a good meltdown lol  I am kind of sick of Christians not taking any responibility for the nuts.  Usually they just say, they're not christian and walk the other way.  Islam is even worse and doesn't do enough to call out the psychos.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 03:32:37 AM »
my comments were a bit out of line, sorry.  Got pissed watching that vid and had a good meltdown lol  I am kind of sick of Christians not taking any responibility for the nuts.  Usually they just say, they're not christian and walk the other way.  Islam is even worse and doesn't do enough to call out the psychos.

Anyone is Christian if they say they are and those of this Church are strict adherents of the Bible, whether other Christians  agree with them or not, so just saying 'they're not Christian' is essentially saying nothing.

To say that this has nothing to do with Christianity is intellectually dishonest since they cite and quote directly from the Bible, whether you agree with their interpretation or not. Christians cherry pick the Bible all the time and these guys just focus on the harsh stuff whilst ignoring the nice stuff just like nice Christians do the opposite.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 03:43:43 AM »
These Westboro freaks are likely not Christians..they speak of "obeying" God or going to hell.  Christianity is not works-based.

Your pal,
The f***ing psycho

There are divisions of Christianity that believe in works rather than only faith.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 07:08:45 AM »
Anyone is Christian if they say they are and those of this Church are strict adherents of the Bible, whether other Christians  agree with them or not, so just saying 'they're not Christian' is essentially saying nothing.

To say that this has nothing to do with Christianity is intellectually dishonest since they cite and quote directly from the Bible, whether you agree with their interpretation or not. Christians cherry pick the Bible all the time and these guys just focus on the harsh stuff whilst ignoring the nice stuff just like nice Christians do the opposite.

So if you say you are black, then you are black? 

If these people quote from the bible that doesn't necessarily make them/prove them to be Christian.  Even Satan quoted from the bible...doesn't make him a Christian.   

Christians (in brief) are those that believe they have a need for a Savior and have accepted Jesus Christ (and all that entails, believing He is divine) as such. 

These people from what I see in that video believe that Christianity is works-based.  That is not scriptural.  That is not the Biblical definition of a Christian.

And you believe what they say and do is strictly adhering to what the Bible teaches?  I don't think so:

Eph: 4:29-32

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 07:21:44 AM »

If these people quote from the bible that doesn't necessarily make them/prove them to be Christian.  Even Satan quoted from the bible...doesn't make him a Christian.   

Christians (in brief) are those that believe they have a need for a Savior and have accepted Jesus Christ (and all that entails, believing He is divine) as such. 

These people from what I see in that video believe that Christianity is works-based.  That is not scriptural.  That is not the Biblical definition of a Christain.

And you believe what they say and do is strictly adhering to what the Bible teaches?  I don't think so:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Great post, Butterbean!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 07:30:37 AM »
Great post, Butterbean!

They also said something like (from w8's vid) the time for forgiveness is over....where did they get that?   Revelation shows that people will be saved (forgiven) during the tribulation period so how is the time for forgiveness over?
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:19 AM »
They also said something like (from w8's vid) the time for forgiveness is over....where did they get that?   Revelation shows that people will be saved (forgiven) during the tribulation period so how is the time for forgiveness over?

I think they would argue that they are true Christians and probably would make recourse to scripture to counter your argument.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »

These people from what I see in that video believe that Christianity is works-based.  That is not scriptural.  That is not the Biblical definition of a Christain.

Completely agree. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 12:17:27 AM »

Why would did your mother continue to see this doctor if that's what his diagnosis was?  Secondly, why did you allow that continue on and not find another doctor who wasn't an idiot?  I'm not attacking you or anything, but even as someone who believes in God myself, I wouldn't allow a member of my family to see someone who wasn't going to give them the best possible care.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »
I think they would argue that they are true Christians and probably would make recourse to scripture to counter your argument.

I'm sure they would, it doesn't change the fact that they are not of Christ.  I've seen quite a lot of footage of these individuals and they are anything but Christians.  They go against everything that is of God and of Christ, what they claim is irrelevent, their actions speak ten fold of their true beliefs.