Author Topic: Calories  (Read 1715 times)

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Calories
« on: January 04, 2007, 05:38:38 AM »
How many calories do most consume while on cycle?
First cycle, im not entirely sure how much to increase protein intake etc.
big or bust

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
Re: Calories
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:02:59 AM »
hi
let us know your stast ,
w

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 03:16:25 PM »
5"9
180ish pds
Doing 12 weeks of sust at 500 a week.
And 4 weeks of dbol 20mg a day
big or bust

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 05:38:41 PM »
5"9
180ish pds
Doing 12 weeks of sust at 500 a week.
And 4 weeks of dbol 20mg a day

1.5 g of protein/lb of bodyweight = 270.75
at 4 calories per lb = 1,083 calories from protein
which should be 40% of total calories

1,083 calories from protein
1,353.75 calories from carbs
270.75 calories from fats
2,707.5 calories total

I personally believe that while bulking you should consume as much food as you can, in the proper ratios and not worry about getting fat. Then you should do a cutting cycle, but a lot of people disagree.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 09:57:53 PM »
yes i would be one to disagree bbing isn't about getting fat, with bulking no matter natural or not all i do is wake up earlier and go to bed a bit later to get 1-2 more meals in...usually up the red meat and decrease cardio.  even if you doing a bulk cycle there is no reason why you can't try your best to get a lean physique still. just my opinion.
bodybuildersreality.com

Trev.D

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 02:05:32 AM »
trev ur all good trust me my man i helped ya all out ill do it again

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
Eat everything you can...

B12 also helps me eat more

I am around 3500-4500 a day while "on" at 218lbs
U

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 06:02:43 AM »
Well how long have you been training? What kind of shape are you in now?  I mean if your BF is low you can eat more, if its high you should probally try and lose fat.  Here's a way to look at it for your cycle, you could only gain 5-10 lbs on the scale, but if you loose fat and gain muscle you will look much better. 

So starting at a soft 180 and ending up a hard, vascular 185 will be a huge success.  Dont look at that as a 5 lb gain but more like 15-20 cause you lost all that fat in the process.  Will admitt to do that right takes time, cause you must loose the weight slowly.

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 06:24:49 PM »
Well how long have you been training? What kind of shape are you in now?  I mean if your BF is low you can eat more, if its high you should probally try and lose fat.  Here's a way to look at it for your cycle, you could only gain 5-10 lbs on the scale, but if you loose fat and gain muscle you will look much better. 

So starting at a soft 180 and ending up a hard, vascular 185 will be a huge success.  Dont look at that as a 5 lb gain but more like 15-20 cause you lost all that fat in the process.  Will admitt to do that right takes time, cause you must loose the weight slowly.

You can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Some people think they can, but they are zig zaging back and forth. In order to lose fat you need a calorie deficeit and to gain muscle you need a calorie surplus.

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 06:42:25 PM »
You can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Some people think they can, but they are zig zaging back and forth. In order to lose fat you need a calorie deficeit and to gain muscle you need a calorie surplus.
What if your already packin' weight when you go on?My first cycle

600mg.test cyp.

300mg.deca.

for 10 wks I lost a pretty good ammount of weight.While gaining lean mass.
give in to the darkside

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »
It is possible, but it is very difficult to do...everything has to be on point 100%. Most people can not do it, and even if they can, for long term goals, you are better off trying to achieve one thing at a time.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 03:34:09 AM »
What if your already packin' weight when you go on?My first cycle

600mg.test cyp.

300mg.deca.

for 10 wks I lost a pretty good ammount of weight.While gaining lean mass.

Yes you can, we are not talking about some hard gainer who has a hard time putting on weight.  Quality mass is what it is about, anybody can take some gear eat a ton and gain weight, but being fat and sloppy is not what it is about.  If you are gonna gear up you might as well be in good shape, you can be big and fat naturally.

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »
It is possible, but it is very difficult to do...everything has to be on point 100%. Most people can not do it, and even if they can, for long term goals, you are better off trying to achieve one thing at a time.

According to Burn the Fat/Feed the Muscle and a few other books I've read, it is physiologically impossible to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time. If someone does do this over a period of several weeks, they probably gained muscle for a week or two, then lost fat for a week or two; zig-zagging back and forth. Some probably gain muscle for a day or two then lose fat for a day or two.

I've done that myself, where I plan on bulking, realize how much fat I've gained, freak out, and started cutting. Once the fat was under control, I would get upset at how small I was and start the process again.
I'm only in my third year of using the bulk/cut method and I am really happy with my improvements.

You can either restrict your calories a lot and lose fat while not gaining any muscle. You can restrict your calories a little, creating a small calorie surplus which would cause you to make some gains in muscle and not gain any fat. Or the third option is to have a large calorie surplus, which is the only way to be sure you are maximizing your gains.

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 11:22:19 PM »
It's my belief that it depends on the person as usual, you're speaking from other books/reserach that has taken place, but it seems that there is always an exception especially genetically speaking

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 12:20:15 PM »
well i guess the only way to find out is to experiment and find out what works for me.
If if find im gaining to much body fat ill lower the calories a little.
big or bust

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 01:23:32 PM »
i eat around 4000 calories when trying to gain weight...2500 when trying to cut weight... all clean meals, 6 "meals" per day reguardless.

in the last 4 years i've stayed between 218 and 240 during every part of the year, on or off cycle. every cycle i gain maybe 5 to 8 pounds but i'm much leaner at the end compared to where i started. i always eat like a bull when i come off cycle to help keep the gains. when i get back on i see where i'm at and adjust my diet to get me under 220 for the meet i'm preping for, if i'm having trouble i just hit the 242 pound class. many of my trainers do this as well.

8)

SuperStu

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 03:25:45 PM »
well i guess the only way to find out is to experiment and find out what works for me.
If if find im gaining to much body fat ill lower the calories a little.
you shouldn't use AAS until you at least know how to eat.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »
I do know how to eat.
My question was how eating differs while on cycle, calorie and protein wise.
big or bust