Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 277210 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #1375 on: June 15, 2023, 08:38:51 PM »
So you would consider Biden and all of his 47 years mooching off the taxpayer as ethical?

We had the Mueller investigation, seems there were some serious issues in that.. they let it slide.

The impeachments and the indictment had ample investigations and there was ample evidence to support each.

On Biden, all I hear are 3rd person and right wing politicians hurling accusations. They may all be true, (not a great track record but ok) and if so, I expect with the Republicans having a majority in the House, we will at least get to hear some actual facts verses depending on them to just tell us something nefarious is up.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1376 on: June 16, 2023, 01:26:53 PM »
We had the Mueller investigation, seems there were some serious issues in that.. they let it slide.

The impeachments and the indictment had ample investigations and there was ample evidence to support each.

On Biden, all I hear are 3rd person and right wing politicians hurling accusations. They may all be true, (not a great track record but ok) and if so, I expect with the Republicans having a majority in the House, we will at least get to hear some actual facts verses depending on them to just tell us something nefarious is up.
Why wouldn't they indict if they had some serious issues with the Mueller investigation? Because there really wasn't anything there?
The impeachments had investigations tainted by terrible media manipulation and partisan hacks.
As far as Bidens racist, manipulative, underhanded deals, I wish republicans would put out or get out, quit talking about it and sack up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1377 on: June 16, 2023, 02:17:09 PM »
So you would consider Biden and all of his 47 years mooching off the taxpayer as ethical?

The folks who elected and reelected him to public office must have thought it was ethical or they would not have voted for him.

The electoral history of Joe Biden, the 46th and current president of the United States, began in 1970 when he was elected to New Castle County Council District 4 with more than 55% of the vote.

In 1972, Biden defeated Republican incumbent J. Caleb Boggs to become the junior U.S. senator from Delaware. He was the only Democrat willing to challenge Boggs, and with minimal campaign funds, he was given no chance of winning. Yet is won with over 50% of the vote.

In the 1978 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 58% of the vote.

In the 1984 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 60% of the vote.

In the 1990 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 63% of the vote.

In the 1996 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 60% of the vote.

In the 2002 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 58% of the vote.

In the 2008 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 65% of the vote.

He did not fare as well in the Presidential Primaries. But he made enough of a positive impression to be chosen Obama and the Democratic party's Vice President on the ticket in the general election 2008.

If folks believe their House Rep or Senator is not doing a good job, they have an opportunity to vote them out of office upon reelection. If they do a terrible job, they can be impeached.

Holding public office is not a "gift" which cannot be taken back. Many if not most private sector jobs come with more job security than do elected positions such as Senators and Representatives. As was evident during Trump's time in office, appointees have even less job security (actually no job security at all).

Dianne Feinstein, the senior United States senator from California has held her Senate seat since 1992.     

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1378 on: June 16, 2023, 05:32:05 PM »
The folks who elected and reelected him to public office must have thought it was ethical or they would not have voted for him.

The electoral history of Joe Biden, the 46th and current president of the United States, began in 1970 when he was elected to New Castle County Council District 4 with more than 55% of the vote.

In 1972, Biden defeated Republican incumbent J. Caleb Boggs to become the junior U.S. senator from Delaware. He was the only Democrat willing to challenge Boggs, and with minimal campaign funds, he was given no chance of winning. Yet is won with over 50% of the vote.

In the 1978 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 58% of the vote.

In the 1984 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 60% of the vote.

In the 1990 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 63% of the vote.

In the 1996 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 60% of the vote.

In the 2002 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 58% of the vote.

In the 2008 United States Senate election in Delaware, he won with 65% of the vote.

He did not fare as well in the Presidential Primaries. But he made enough of a positive impression to be chosen Obama and the Democratic party's Vice President on the ticket in the general election 2008.

If folks believe their House Rep or Senator is not doing a good job, they have an opportunity to vote them out of office upon reelection. If they do a terrible job, they can be impeached.

Holding public office is not a "gift" which cannot be taken back. Many if not most private sector jobs come with more job security than do elected positions such as Senators and Representatives. As was evident during Trump's time in office, appointees have even less job security (actually no job security at all).

Dianne Feinstein, the senior United States senator from California has held her Senate seat since 1992.   
LOL @ Feinstein....you want to talk about wheeling around the dead. ::)

Do you think Biden would have won any of those elections if the internet was around and information was freely shared?
Of course you do, you're a partisan line walker.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1379 on: June 16, 2023, 06:22:54 PM »
LOL @ Feinstein....you want to talk about wheeling around the dead. ::)

Do you think Biden would have won any of those elections if the internet was around and information was freely shared?
Of course you do, you're a partisan line walker.

Truthfully, I don't give a lot of thought to 'might have beens'. The internet was not around until its birth on January 1, 1983. This leaves some 20+ years that information was rapidly becoming freely shared and Biden ran for reelection to the Senate.

As for Feinstein... what's your point? I was simply demonstrating that there are people in Congress who have made a lifelong career out of their public service, thanks to the voters. And maybe a lack of interest in public service from other qualified people. I mean, what person in their right mind would run for Congress much less President of the U.S. these days? Would you?

Senate:
Mitch McConnell (R-KY), 16, 1985 to present, age 81

Chuck Grassley (R-IA), January 3, 1981 to present, age 89

House:
John Carter (R-TX), January 3, 2003 to present, age 81

Hal Rogers (R-Ky), January 3, 1981 to present, age 85

Interestingly, there are more long term Democrats in the Senate and house then there are Republicans. Does this mean Republican voters are fickle or wise? Does this mean Democratic voters are loyal and perhaps not so wise (at least when it comes to old people in Congress). LOL!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1380 on: June 16, 2023, 08:09:07 PM »
Why wouldn't they indict if they had some serious issues with the Mueller investigation? Because there really wasn't anything there? be
The impeachments had investigations tainted by terrible media manipulation and partisan hacks.
As far as Bidens racist, manipulative, underhanded deals, I wish republicans would put out or get out, quit talking about it and sack up.

You answered your first question with your second line.. Even if they had, you would have dismissed them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1381 on: June 16, 2023, 11:54:27 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1382 on: June 22, 2023, 01:06:45 PM »
Exclusive: Marjorie Taylor Greene to Force Joe Biden Impeachment Vote
WENDELL HUSEBØ
22 Jun 2023
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/22/exclusive-marjorie-taylor-greene-force-joe-biden-impeachment-vote/

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1383 on: June 22, 2023, 07:24:55 PM »
Exclusive: Marjorie Taylor Greene to Force Joe Biden Impeachment Vote
WENDELL HUSEBØ
22 Jun 2023
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/22/exclusive-marjorie-taylor-greene-force-joe-biden-impeachment-vote/
Greene is one tough chick.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1384 on: July 21, 2023, 06:24:19 PM »
Greene is one tough chick.

Yes she is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1385 on: July 21, 2023, 06:26:55 PM »
The House has more than enough evidence to begin an impeachment inquiry against President Biden for bribery.  Does the House GOP have the spine to start the process?  (I doubt it.)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1386 on: July 22, 2023, 01:37:07 AM »
The House has more than enough evidence to begin an impeachment inquiry against President Biden for bribery.  Does the House GOP have the spine to start the process?  (I doubt it.)

Very sad state they're in if they don't.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1387 on: July 22, 2023, 09:07:14 PM »

Simply stated... You're full of shit. again. They don't or they would... What you WISH, has never and will never be the standard for justice in the US. If this confuses you ask a lawyer

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1388 on: July 22, 2023, 09:38:48 PM »

As seen with the previous impeachments, unfortunately it is a matter of party line vote, not factual evidence. With the relatively thin majority the Republicans have I don't think they will want to risk it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1389 on: July 24, 2023, 11:08:09 AM »
Very sad state they're in if they don't.

I'll be surprised if they have the stones to actually do the right thing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1390 on: July 24, 2023, 11:10:27 AM »
Simply stated... You're full of shit. again. They don't or they would... What you WISH, has never and will never be the standard for justice in the US. If this confuses you ask a lawyer

Like chaos recently said:

If I wanted the opinion of a fucking idiot, I would have directed the questions towards you. :)

Now go sit in the corner and be quiet until I call on you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1391 on: July 24, 2023, 11:12:40 AM »
As seen with the previous impeachments, unfortunately it is a matter of party line vote, not factual evidence. With the relatively thin majority the Republicans have I don't think they will want to risk it.

Impeachments should never be partisan, but a partisan impeachment is the only way it will happen with Biden, because Democrats are great a circling the wagons and protecting their own, regardless of what crimes their people commit. 

At a minimum, they need to start an inquiry.  But I'm not holding my breath.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1392 on: July 24, 2023, 10:40:20 PM »
Speaker McCarthy must be reading the board.   :)

Kevin McCarthy Says Impeachment Inquiry of Joe Biden Being Prepared
By Bonchie | July 24, 2023

Is Joe Biden finally about to face the first steps of impeachment? That’s what House Speaker Kevin McCarthy signaled on Monday evening.

While appearing on Fox News, McCarthy laid out the case that Joe Biden accepted bribes and funneled money through a variety of shell companies. He then said at the end of the segment with Sean Hannity that “this is rising to the level of an impeachment inquiry.”

MCCARTHY: We would know none of this if Republicans had not taken the majority. We have only followed where the information has taken us, but this is rising to the level of impeachment inquiry, which provides Congress the strongest power to get the rest of the knowledge and information needed because this president has also used something we have not seen since Richard Nixon, used the weaponization of government to benefit his family and deny Congress the ability to have the oversight.

McCarthy indicates that what they’ve learned so far rises to the level of an impeachment inquiry and that one will be necessary to garner relevant facts to continue the investigation. As he notes at the end of his statement, the Biden administration has stonewalled Congress to this point, and an impeachment inquiry will give them new powers to demand and receive information.

Still, some of what was said could be considered vague. McCarthy doubled down, though, later in his comments, saying definitively that “this is gonna rise to the level of an impeachment inquiry.”

MCCARTHY: I believe we will follow this all the way to the end, and this is gonna rise to an impeachment inquiry, the way the Constitution tells us to do this, and we have to get the answers to these questions.

That doesn’t sound like a statement McCarthy will have an easy time walking back if he didn’t actually mean it. With the FD-1023 form having been recently released and direct quotes tying Biden to the alleged bribery scheme at the center of all this, the Speaker would likely have a mutiny on his hands if he didn’t move forward at this point.

Past attempts to impeach Biden have been one-offs by individual congressional members. An impeachment inquiry with the backing of leadership is a completely different ballgame. Only by going through that process is there any chance of gaining majority support to adopt articles of impeachment.

This is a developing story. RedState will provide further updates if they become available.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/07/24/breaking-kevin-mccarthy-says-impeachment-inquiry-of-joe-biden-being-prepared-n781673

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1393 on: July 27, 2023, 08:35:53 PM »
House Republicans line up behind McCarthy on the Biden impeachment seesaw
The speaker and his members are caught between two competing forces: conservative eagerness to target the president and skittishness from members in battleground seats.
By SARAH FERRIS, OLIVIA BEAVERS and JORDAIN CARNEY
07/26/2023
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/26/impeachment-politics-biden-mccarthy-garland-mayorkas-gop-00108235

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1394 on: July 28, 2023, 01:17:27 PM »
Congress obligated to launch Biden impeachment inquiry after he 'clearly lied': Jonathan Turley
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said he is considering an impeachment inquiry over Hunter Biden deals
By Fox News Staff | Fox News
Published July 28, 2023

Fox News contributor Jonathan Turley joined ‘The Faulkner Focus’ to discuss the fallout over the collapse of Hunter Biden's plea deal and his take on a potential Biden impeachment inquiry.

Fox News contributor Jonathan Turley argued Friday it is Congress' obligation to launch an impeachment inquiry against President Biden after he "clearly lied" to Americans about his involvement in his son Hunter's business deals. The GWU law professor told "The Faulkner Focus" on Friday that questions surrounding potential bribery "cannot go unanswered."

JONATHAN TURLEY: We often talk about the powers of Congress and not its obligations. What is the House supposed to do? You know, you have a president who has clearly lied, lied for years, lied to the American people, lied through his representatives at the White House during his presidency. He obviously did know about these deals. He had involvement with some of these meetings. There was money that went to China. And then you've got IRS agents saying that the fix was in, that this case was actively managed to avoid serious charges for the president's son. You have millions of dollars moving through a labyrinth of accounts. You have a trusted source saying that there was a bribery allegation. The crime that is the second one mentioned in the impeachment clause. So what are you supposed to do about that? And the answer is you have to investigate. And an impeachment inquiry gives the House that ability. It doesn't mean they're going to impeach. It means they're taking the responsibility seriously no matter what the administration may want out of this. The one thing the House cannot allow is for these questions to go unanswered.

House Republicans have floated launching an impeachment inquiry against President Biden amid newly surfaced allegations that suggest his involvement in the business dealings of his son. But can congressional lawmakers initiate the use of that constitutional tool for alleged treason, bribery or high crimes and misdemeanors that transpired before holding the office of the presidency?

"The answer is clear," Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz told Fox News Digital. "No one knows."

Article II, Section 4, of the U.S. Constitution states: "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

But it doesn’t specify whether those alleged actions need to take place during the time the official holds the office.

"The crucial impeachment language in the Constitution is not limited to ‘high Crimes and Misdemeanors’ committed while ‘in office,’" senior legal fellow at The Heritage Foundation Hans A. von Spakovsky told Fox News Digital. "That language is not there."

Fox News contributor Andy McCarthy noted that "impeachment is a political process, not a legal one."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/congress-obligated-launch-biden-impeachment-inquiry-clearly-lied-jonathan-turley

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1395 on: July 28, 2023, 02:07:02 PM »
As soon as Pelosi gave in and started an impeachment she knew had no chance in the Senate, a counter impeachment was inevitable.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1396 on: July 28, 2023, 02:23:11 PM »
As soon as Pelosi gave in and started an impeachment she knew had no chance in the Senate, a counter impeachment was inevitable.

The difference here is they have evidence of actual crimes. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #1397 on: July 28, 2023, 02:45:43 PM »
The literal hard evidence is overwhelming

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1398 on: July 28, 2023, 03:26:00 PM »
The literal hard evidence is overwhelming

I listened to the podcasts with Rep. Comer.  Damning stuff.  Money was flowing from foreign countries/entities to Biden's grandchildren.  There were 170 Suspicious Activity Reports generated by banks for these transactions. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1399 on: July 31, 2023, 10:36:44 AM »
Congress obligated to launch Biden impeachment inquiry after he 'clearly lied': Jonathan Turley
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said he is considering an impeachment inquiry over Hunter Biden deals
By Fox News Staff | Fox News
Published July 28, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/media/congress-obligated-launch-biden-impeachment-inquiry-clearly-lied-jonathan-turley