Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 277221 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #1425 on: August 30, 2023, 09:20:36 PM »
Florida GOP Rep. Anna Paulina Luna announces impeachment inquiry vote likely to happen in October
"Hearing vote on impeachment inquiry is going to happen... likely in October," Luna wrote.
By Charlotte Hazard
Updated: August 25, 2023
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/hold-florida-gop-rep-anna-paulina-luna-announces-impeachment-inquiry-likely-happen?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter?utm_source=referral&utm_medium=offthepress&utm_campaign=home

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1426 on: August 31, 2023, 01:52:49 AM »
Master of Shitting who's pulling the chain!!!!
Flushing that shite right down the drain!!!!
Blinded by stench you can't see a thing!!!!
Just call corrupt and Joe will be seen!!!

MASTER, BLASTER!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1427 on: September 07, 2023, 09:37:17 PM »
'A Big Circle Jerk': John Fetterman Dares Republicans To Impeach Joe Biden
“Go ahead. Do it, I dare you,” said the Democratic senator. "It's a loser."
By Igor Bobic
Sep 6, 2023
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-impeachment-john-fetterman_n_64f8df8de4b0d44852edd611

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1428 on: September 08, 2023, 08:25:02 AM »
Which will probably immediately followed by another Trump indictment.

Rep. Comer to Newsmax: Impeachment Inquiry Vote Possible Mid-Sept.
By Luca Cacciatore    |   Thursday, 07 September 2023

James Comer, chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, suggested Thursday that a House impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden could come as early as the middle of this month.

The GOP Kentucky lawmaker also told Newsmax's "Rob Schmitt Tonight" that he believes there are enough Republican votes for it to pass.

"I think the House will vote in September. And this is all up to [House Speaker] Kevin McCarthy [R-Calif.], but he and I have had several conversations. I know [House Judiciary Chair] Jim Jordan [R-Ohio] has spoken with him many times, as well.

"I would predict that in the middle of September, we have a vote. I would predict that it passes."

Comer also said the inquiry would be helpful for gaining information from federal agencies, like the National Archives and the Internal Revenue Service, that have slow-walked providing requested bank records.

"I believe that we've gotten more information than anyone could have ever dreamed possible, and yet, there's still a lot of information left to get," he emphasized.

The chair further acknowledged that a number of Republicans were initially "nervous" about the prospects of an inquiry.

However, allegations that Joe Biden communicated with his son, Hunter Biden, through pseudonyms about foreign business dealings "was the straw that broke the camel's back" for them.

"They realized that we need this tool to be able to win in court because that's where we're headed," Comer insisted. "We've just about picked all the low-hanging fruit."

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/joe-biden-impeachment-inquiry/2023/09/07/id/1133671/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1429 on: September 08, 2023, 02:37:39 PM »
Which will probably immediately followed by another Trump indictment.

Rep. Comer to Newsmax: Impeachment Inquiry Vote Possible Mid-Sept.
By Luca Cacciatore    |   Thursday, 07 September 2023

James Comer, chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, suggested Thursday that a House impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden could come as early as the middle of this month.

The GOP Kentucky lawmaker also told Newsmax's "Rob Schmitt Tonight" that he believes there are enough Republican votes for it to pass.

"I think the House will vote in September. And this is all up to [House Speaker] Kevin McCarthy [R-Calif.], but he and I have had several conversations. I know [House Judiciary Chair] Jim Jordan [R-Ohio] has spoken with him many times, as well.

"I would predict that in the middle of September, we have a vote. I would predict that it passes."

Comer also said the inquiry would be helpful for gaining information from federal agencies, like the National Archives and the Internal Revenue Service, that have slow-walked providing requested bank records.

"I believe that we've gotten more information than anyone could have ever dreamed possible, and yet, there's still a lot of information left to get," he emphasized.

The chair further acknowledged that a number of Republicans were initially "nervous" about the prospects of an inquiry.

However, allegations that Joe Biden communicated with his son, Hunter Biden, through pseudonyms about foreign business dealings "was the straw that broke the camel's back" for them.

"They realized that we need this tool to be able to win in court because that's where we're headed," Comer insisted. "We've just about picked all the low-hanging fruit."

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/joe-biden-impeachment-inquiry/2023/09/07/id/1133671/

Another crime to indict Trump won't be hard to find. The four current indictments are without a doubt just 'the tip of the iceberg,' as it were.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1430 on: September 12, 2023, 01:30:38 PM »
The House has more than enough evidence to begin an impeachment inquiry against President Biden for bribery.  Does the House GOP have the spine to start the process?  (I doubt it.)

Simply stated... You're full of shit. again. They don't or they would... What you WISH, has never and will never be the standard for justice in the US. If this confuses you ask a lawyer

Like chaos recently said:

If I wanted the opinion of a fucking idiot, I would have directed the questions towards you. :)

Now go sit in the corner and be quiet until I call on you.

McCarthy directs House committees to open Biden impeachment inquiry
BY EMILY BROOKS AND MYCHAEL SCHNELL - 09/12/23
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4199641-mccarthy-directs-house-committees-to-open-biden-impeachment-inquiry/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #1431 on: September 12, 2023, 03:31:26 PM »
Another crime to indict Trump won't be hard to find. The four current indictments are without a doubt just 'the tip of the iceberg,' as it were.

If the system was a just system how many do you think Biden and his puppeteers would have?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1432 on: September 12, 2023, 05:19:50 PM »
If the system was a just system how many do you think Biden and his puppeteers would have?

Just one.  Hunter is a piece of shit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1433 on: September 12, 2023, 05:24:28 PM »

-Not sure I understand your question. Could you rephrase it for me? Thanks.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1434 on: September 12, 2023, 05:38:26 PM »
-Not sure I understand your question. Could you rephrase it for me? Thanks.

He is saying that because the "system" (courts, grand juries) indicted Trump, it's not a just system, but if it was just, how many indictments do you think Biden would have? Although his only proof that the system is unjust is it indicted Trump.. that's how he rolls.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1435 on: September 12, 2023, 06:40:12 PM »
So finally the ones with the power give the green light.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1436 on: September 12, 2023, 06:41:18 PM »
He is saying that because the "system" (courts, grand juries) indicted Trump, it's not a just system, but if it was just, how many indictments do you think Biden would have? Although his only proof that the system is unjust is it indicted Trump.. that's how he rolls.
Thank you for explaining this to me.

Coach says I am picking on his grammar/typos when I ask him to explain something like this to me because I could not make sense of it. He counters with it is the fault of speech to text, not a typo or grammar issue. Who cares? When someone posts something, it needs to be clear enough so folks can understand it.

Written communications are fraught with misunderstandings because various aspects of a discussion are absent, such as voice inflection, facial expression, and body language. Plus, the time lag between posting, replying and the final explanation makes matters worse.

The internet and social media are great tools for increasing communication. But they are far from perfect. As Coach often suggests “let’s debate” only how we legitimately do this using the internet? Debates need to happen in person for them to work. I use Zoom for business meetings which is great, especially for me because I am hearing impaired and headphones are a great asset, but it simply is not the same us folks being in a room together.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1437 on: September 12, 2023, 09:19:19 PM »
So finally the ones with the power give the green light.

I'm actually surprised they had the stones to do the right thing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1438 on: September 12, 2023, 09:20:20 PM »
Thank you for explaining this to me.

Coach says I am picking on his grammar/typos when I ask him to explain something like this to me because I could not make sense of it. He counters with it is the fault of speech to text, not a typo or grammar issue. Who cares? When someone posts something, it needs to be clear enough so folks can understand it.

Written communications are fraught with misunderstandings because various aspects of a discussion are absent, such as voice inflection, facial expression, and body language. Plus, the time lag between posting, replying and the final explanation makes matters worse.

The internet and social media are great tools for increasing communication. But they are far from perfect. As Coach often suggests “let’s debate” only how we legitimately do this using the internet? Debates need to happen in person for them to work. I use Zoom for business meetings which is great, especially for me because I am hearing impaired and headphones are a great asset, but it simply is not the same us folks being in a room together.

Hilarious that someone like you who constantly plagiarizes stuff on the internet would correct anyone's grammar.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1439 on: September 15, 2023, 05:54:11 PM »
Five Facts That Compel the Biden Impeachment Inquiry
September 14, 2023

Below is my column in The Messenger on the reason why an impeachment inquiry is warranted.  I do not believe that a case for impeachment has been made, but there is clearly a need for an investigation into a growing array of allegations facing the President in this corruption scandal.

I also reject the notion that, because a conviction is unlikely in the Democratic-controlled Senate, the House should not go down this road. I rejected the same argument made by some Republicans during the Trump impeachment. The House has a separate constitutional duty in the investigation of potential impeachable offenses and to pass articles of impeachment if those allegations are found to be valid. My objection to the Trump impeachments were first and foremost the failure to fully investigate the underlying allegations and to create a full record to support the articles of impeachment. The Senate has its own constitutional function under the Constitution that it can either choose to fulfill or to ignore.  A House impeachment holds both constitutional and historical significance separate from any conviction. That does not mean that grounds for impeachment will be found in this inquiry.  While the President deserves a presumption of innocence in this process, the public deserves answers to these questions.

Here is the column:

With the commencement of an impeachment inquiry this week, the House of Representatives is moving the Biden corruption scandal into the highest level of constitutional inquiry. After stonewalling by the Bidens and federal agencies investigating various allegations, the move for a House inquiry was expected if not inevitable.

An impeachment inquiry does not mean that an impeachment itself is inevitable. But it dramatically increases the chances of finally forcing answers to troubling questions of influence-peddling and corruption.

As expected, many House Democrats — who impeached Donald Trump after only one hearing in the House Judiciary Committee, based on his phone call to Ukraine’s president — oppose any such inquiry into President Biden. House Republicans could have chosen to forego any hearings and use what I called a “snap impeachment,” as then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) did with the second Trump impeachment in January 2021.

Instead, they have methodically investigated the corruption scandal for months and only now are moving to a heightened inquiry. The House has established a labyrinth of dozens of shell companies and accounts allegedly used to transfer millions of dollars to Biden family members. There is now undeniable evidence to support influence-peddling by Hunter Biden and some of his associates — with Joe Biden, to quote Hunter’s business partner Devon Archer, being “the brand” they were selling.

The suggestion that this evidence does not meet the standard for an inquiry into impeachable offenses is an example of willful blindness. It also is starkly different from the standard applied by congressional Democrats during the Trump and Nixon impeachment efforts.

The Nixon impeachment began on Oct. 30, 1973, just after President Nixon fired Archibald Cox, the special prosecutor looking into the Watergate allegations. The vote in the judiciary committee was along party lines. The House was correct to start that impeachment inquiry, although House leaders stressed that they were not prejudging the existence of impeachable offenses. The inquiry started roughly eight months before any indictments of defendants linked to the Watergate break-in. It was many months before clear evidence established connections to Nixon, who denied any wrongdoing or involvement.

Every impeachment inquiry is different, of course. In this case, there is a considerable amount of evidence gathered over months of methodical investigations by three different committees.

Consider just five established facts:

First, there appears to be evidence that Joe Biden lied to the public for years in denying knowledge of his son’s business dealings. Hunter Biden’s ex-business associate, Tony Bobulinski, has said repeatedly that he discussed some dealings directly with Joe Biden. Devon Archer, Hunter’s close friend and partner, described the president’s denials of knowledge as “categorically false.”

Moreover, Hunter’s laptop has communications from his father discussing the dealings, including audio messages from the president. The president allegedly spoke with his son on speakerphone during meetings with his associates on at least 20 occasions, according to Archer, attended dinners with some clients, and took photographs with others.

Second, we know that more than $20 million was paid to the Bidens (and Biden associates) by foreign sources, including figures in China, Ukraine, Russia and Romania. There is no apparent reason for the multilayers of accounts and companies other than to hide these transfers. Some of these foreign figures have allegedly told others they were buying influence with Joe Biden, and Hunter himself repeatedly invoked his father’s name — including a text exchange with a Chinese businessman in which he said his father was sitting next to him as Hunter demanded millions in payment. While some Democrats now admit that Hunter was selling the “illusion” of influence and access to his father, these figures clearly believed they were getting more than an illusion. That includes one Ukrainian businessman who reportedly described Hunter as dumber than his dog.

Third, specific demands were made on Hunter, including dealing with the threat of a Ukrainian prosecutor to the Ukrainian energy company Burisma, where Hunter was given a lucrative board position. Five days later, Joe Biden forced the Ukrainians to fire the prosecutor, even though State Department and intelligence reports suggested that progress was being made on corruption. Likewise, despite warnings from State Department officials that Hunter was undermining anti-corruption efforts in Ukraine, he continued to receive high-level meetings with then-Secretary of State John Kerry and other State Department officials.

Fourth, Hunter repeatedly stated in emails that he paid his father as much as half of what he earned. There also are references to deals that included free office space and other perks for Joe Biden and his wife; other emails reference how Joe and Hunter Biden would use the same accounts and credit cards. Beyond those alleged direct benefits, Joe Biden clearly benefited from money going to his extended family.

Fifth, there is evidence of alleged criminal conduct by Hunter that could be linked to covering up these payments, from the failure to pay taxes to the failure to register as a foreign lobbyist. What is not established is the assumption by many that Joe Biden was fully aware of both the business dealings and any efforts to conceal them.

The White House is reportedly involved in marshaling the media to swat down any further investigation. In a letter drafted by the White House Counsel’s office, according to a CNN report media executives were told they need to “ramp up their scrutiny” of House Republicans “for opening an impeachment inquiry based on lies.” It is a dangerous erosion of separation between the White House and the president’s personal legal team. Yet, many in the media have previously followed such directions from the Biden team — from emphasizing the story that the laptop might be “Russian disinformation” to an unquestioning acceptance of the president’s denial of any knowledge of his son’s dealings.

Notably, despite the vast majority of media echoing different defenses for the Bidens for years, the American public is not buying it. Polls show that most Americans view the Justice Department as compromised and Hunter Biden as getting special treatment for his alleged criminal conduct. According to a recent CNN poll, 61% of Americans believe Joe Biden was involved in his family’s business deals with China and Ukraine; only 1% say he was involved but did nothing wrong.

The American public should not harbor such doubts over corruption at the highest levels of our government. Thus, the House impeachment inquiry will allow Congress to use the very apex of its powers to force disclosures of key evidence and resolve some of these troubling questions. It may not result in an impeachment, but it will result in greater clarity. Indeed, it is that very clarity that many in Washington may fear the most from this inquiry.

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/09/14/five-facts-that-compel-the-biden-impeachment-inquiry/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1440 on: September 18, 2023, 10:59:40 AM »
Latest Reuters Poll on Biden Impeachment Is Awful News for the President
By Bonchie | September 18, 2023
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/09/18/latest-reuters-poll-on-biden-impeachment-is-awful-news-for-the-president-n2163943

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1441 on: September 18, 2023, 04:28:56 PM »
Latest Reuters Poll on Biden Impeachment Is Awful News for the President
By Bonchie | September 18, 2023
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/09/18/latest-reuters-poll-on-biden-impeachment-is-awful-news-for-the-president-n2163943
Liberals love polls. Why aren't they in here talking about how great this poll is?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1442 on: September 18, 2023, 07:04:11 PM »
Hilarious that someone like you who constantly plagiarizes stuff on the internet would correct anyone's grammar.   :)

Is plagiarizing bad grammar? Who knew?

Besides, you missed the point, I didn't correct Coach's grammar, I asked him to explain something he wrote which made no sense to me. This had nothing to do with his grammar. Coach is a master at deflecting. Rather than providing the explanation, which he probably couldn't do, he pretended it was about his grammar. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1443 on: September 18, 2023, 07:08:33 PM »
Is plagiarizing bad grammar? Who knew?

Besides, you missed the point, I didn't correct Coach's grammar, I asked him to explain something he wrote which made no sense to me. This had nothing to do with his grammar. Coach is a master at deflecting. Rather than providing the explanation, which he probably couldn't do, he pretended it was about his grammar.

You actually missed the point.  You constantly plagiarize stuff you post on the board.  Given that fact, it's ironic and funny that you would have anything to say about anyone's grammar, spelling, etc. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1444 on: September 18, 2023, 07:21:02 PM »
You actually missed the point.  You constantly plagiarize stuff you post on the board.  Given that fact, it's ironic and funny that you would have anything to say about anyone's grammar, spelling, etc.

Explain for me what plagiarism has to do with grammar, spelling and whatever else you threw in with that 'etc.' What exactly is your point?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1445 on: September 18, 2023, 07:25:23 PM »
Explain for me what plagiarism has to do with grammar, spelling and whatever else you threw in with that 'etc.' What exactly is your point?

The point is that you take other people's writing and try and pass it off as your own.  That writing is usually mistake-free.  Given that fact, you should not be criticizing other people's writing, because you routinely steal other people's content.  You don't have much of a funny bone, so I don't expect you to see how funny this is, but you have to see the irony here. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1446 on: September 18, 2023, 07:36:02 PM »
The point is that you take other people's writing and try and pass it off as your own.  That writing is usually mistake-free.  Given that fact, you should not be criticizing other people's writing, because you routinely steal other people's content.  You don't have much of a funny bone, so I don't expect you to see how funny this is, but you have to see the irony here.

Conservatives have a FAR better sense of humor these days.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1447 on: September 18, 2023, 07:42:09 PM »

Lots of articles, news stories and other publications are loaded with gematrical errors, misspelled words and typos. It makes me wonder whose editing this stuff. However, the point you missed is that I wasn't criticizing Coach's grammar which is something I already explained to you. What he wrote did not make sense, at least not to me. I asked him to tell me what he meant. My question had nothing to do with his grammar. His reply suggests that either he could not explain what he meant, or he misunderstood my request.  Where is the irony? Maybe you have a definition for the word ironic that I’ve not heard of.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1448 on: September 18, 2023, 07:51:45 PM »

Conservatives have a FAR better sense of humor these days.

Without question. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1449 on: September 19, 2023, 10:30:31 AM »
House will hold first Biden impeachment inquiry hearing next Thursday
House Republicans are moving forward with their impeachment inquiry into President Biden as soon as next week
By Chad Pergram , Chris Pandolfo Fox News
Published September 19, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-hold-first-biden-impeachment-inquiry-hearing-thursday