Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 277216 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #1475 on: November 21, 2023, 11:51:59 PM »
McCarthy makes stunning admission on Biden impeachment inquiry: The facts have led 'even closer'

Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy revealed on ‘Sunday Morning Futures’ that the GOP has recently moved "closer" to filing an impeachment inquiry into President Biden, an effort to hold the U.S. government "accountable" that is now being pursued by the new House Speaker, Mike Johnson.

KEVIN MCCARTHY: No one in America would have known that President Biden has lied, that they did receive money from China…that he did get involved in the business dealings. When he went to Cafe Milano, his son got a new Porsche and $3 million was sent to him. We have systematically followed every place the facts have taken us each and every day. And now it's moved even closer because now we've got the subpoenas going in to get the bank statements. We found all of this, the shell companies no one knew about prior. This is important.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mccarthy-stunning-admission-biden-impeachment-inquiry-facts-closer

You mean as in close, but no cigar?  :)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #1476 on: November 26, 2023, 01:22:11 PM »
McCarthy was a wet noodle, Johnson will make things right.
T

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #1477 on: November 26, 2023, 01:36:40 PM »

No…what this means is like a real investigation with real attorneys is that even though they have enough for a slam dunk, they want more to put the nail in the coffin. See, in a real investigation the prosecution uses real, hard evidence and not hearsay with a partisan jury. See how that works?

It’s kinda like if someone broke into my house and threatened my family. I wouldn’t wound them, I would make sure they never do it again by putting the nail in their coffin

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1478 on: December 04, 2023, 10:25:27 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1479 on: December 04, 2023, 06:31:20 PM »
McCarthy was a wet noodle, Johnson will make things right.

At last something we agree on. McCarthy is a wet noodle. Keep up the good work.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #1480 on: December 05, 2023, 01:52:16 PM »
“The House will vote next week on formalizing its Biden impeachment inquiry, Speaker Johnson says”

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House will vote next week on formally authorizing its impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden, Speaker Mike Johnson said Tuesday, asserting Republicans have “no choice” but to push ahead as the White House has rebuffed their requests for information.

Johnson and the rest of the Republican leadership team had been contemplating in recent weeks whether to hold a formal vote on their monthslong inquiry into the president, which has centered on the business dealings of other family members. Their investigation so far has yet to produce any direct evidence of wrongdoing by Biden himself.

While some Republicans are wary of holding a vote on the inquiry, Johnson said the House needs to exercise its authority to the fullest amid a standoff with the White House over requests for information related to Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

“The House has no choice if it’s going to follow its constitutional responsibility to formally adopt an impeachment inquiry on the floor so that when the subpoenas are challenged in court, we will be at the apex of our constitutional authority,” Johnson told reporters.

The White House has repeatedly dismissed the inquiry as a “baseless exercise” meant to appease right-wing lawmakers.

Republicans had long said a vote on the impeachment investigation was unnecessary but began to reconsider when White House lawyers used the lack of formal House authorization to argue that the entire investigation lacked “constitutional legitimacy.”

But a vote on the House floor — going into a presidential election cycle — amounts to a major test of party unity, given the GOP's narrow 221-213 majority. House Democrats for their part have remained unified in their opposition to the impeachment process, saying it is a farce used by the GOP to take attention away from former President Donald Trump and his legal woes.

For the impeachment probe vote to succeed, nearly all House Republicans will have to vote in favor of the inquiry, putting them on record in support of a process that can lead to the ultimate penalty for a president, dismissal from office for what the Constitution describes as “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

For some moderate Republicans, especially those representing districts that Biden won in the 2020 election, it’s a vote that could come with considerable political risk.

Johnson on Tuesday dismissed concerns that he wouldn't be able to rally his vulnerable members to support moving forward with the inquiry. He emphasized the House is not voting to impeach Biden, only to continue to investigate.

“All the moderates in our conference understand this is not a political decision,” he said. “This is a legal decision. This is a constitutional decision. And whether someone is for or against impeachment is of no import right now.”

He added, “We have to continue our legal responsibility and that is solely what this vote is about.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/house-vote-week-formalizing-biden-impeachment-inquiry-speaker-105392416

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1481 on: December 05, 2023, 02:51:12 PM »
I would swear the House already voted to formalize the Biden impeachment inquiry. Guess not. Maybe they voted whether to vote. So many votes and no action. It is time for House Republicans to ‘shit or get off the pot.’ ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #1482 on: December 05, 2023, 02:56:43 PM »
I would swear the House already voted to formalize the Biden impeachment inquiry. Guess not. Maybe they voted whether to vote. So many votes and no action. It is time for House Republicans to ‘shit or get off the pot.’ ;D

They’re actually doing it as it was intended

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #1483 on: December 05, 2023, 02:58:14 PM »
More taxpayer dollars to be wasted on fruitless courtroom drama.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #1484 on: December 05, 2023, 03:02:44 PM »

Then leftists shouldn’t have opened up a can of worms with fake impeachments of Trump.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1485 on: December 05, 2023, 03:11:51 PM »

Isn't that the truth! Well, some of the public are dramatic entertainment junkies. Take away the Internet, the media and television and we can get back to thinking for ourselves... or not thinking at all.  ;)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1486 on: December 05, 2023, 04:17:07 PM »

In a sane world Biden would take that last chopper ride like Nixon in shame - voluntarily. But he and the left have no shame. Lucky for him the GOP has no spine either.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1487 on: December 12, 2023, 09:37:05 AM »
Scalise: Formal impeachment inquiry vote on House floor Wednesday
House Majority Whip Tom Emmer says the Biden administration is stonewalling their investigation into the Biden family's foreign business dealings.
By Nicholas Ballasy
Published: December 12, 2023
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/scalise-formal-impeachment-inquiry-vote-wednesday?utm_source=breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter?utm_source=referral&utm_medium=offthepress&utm_campaign=home

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #1488 on: December 13, 2023, 03:26:35 PM »
Then leftists shouldn’t have opened up a can of worms with fake impeachments of Trump.
Indeed, Mr. Trump will be having a good time once he's back in the drivers seat. I cannot wait for the indictments to start flying against all the Libturd assholes that COULD NOT take him down. 2024!!!!!!!!!
T

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1489 on: December 13, 2023, 04:01:30 PM »
Scalise: Formal impeachment inquiry vote on House floor Wednesday
House Majority Whip Tom Emmer says the Biden administration is stonewalling their investigation into the Biden family's foreign business dealings.
By Nicholas Ballasy
Published: December 12, 2023
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/scalise-formal-impeachment-inquiry-vote-wednesday?utm_source=breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter?utm_source=referral&utm_medium=offthepress&utm_campaign=home

House Republicans authorize Joe Biden impeachment investigation in major escalation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-republicans-authorize-joe-biden-225031220.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1490 on: December 13, 2023, 04:29:37 PM »

House Republicans authorize Joe Biden impeachment investigation in major escalation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-republicans-authorize-joe-biden-225031220.html

This needed to happen.

Shouldn't be a partisan issue, but the Democrats set that standard with Trump. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #1491 on: December 13, 2023, 05:44:13 PM »
Wait….you mean they have evidence?? lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1492 on: December 14, 2023, 10:57:49 AM »

According to the media, there is nothing to see here.

Nets Proclaim There’s ‘No Evidence of Wrongdoing’ to Back Biden Impeachment
Curtis Houck
December 13th, 2023
https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2023/12/13/nets-proclaim-theres-no-evidence-wrongdoing-back-biden-impeachment

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1493 on: December 14, 2023, 01:29:22 PM »
They are just going to keep lying about it.  And most of the mainstream media--an extension of the Democrat party--is complicit.

Karine Jean-Pierre blows up when pressed on Biden connection to Hunter's business dealings: 'No evidence!'
Jean-Pierre said the impeachment inquiry against President Biden is 'a waste of time'
By Brandon Gillespie Fox News
Published December 14, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/karine-jean-pierre-blows-up-pressed-biden-connection-hunter-business-dealings

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1494 on: December 14, 2023, 01:48:58 PM »
They are just going to keep lying about it.  And most of the mainstream media--an extension of the Democrat party--is complicit.

Karine Jean-Pierre blows up when pressed on Biden connection to Hunter's business dealings: 'No evidence!'
Jean-Pierre said the impeachment inquiry against President Biden is 'a waste of time'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/karine-jean-pierre-blows-up-pressed-biden-connection-hunter-business-dealings

They're all a bunch of scumbag Khvnts
& as for that Black Fanny Licking Lesbian Bitch is best not to mention her.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1495 on: December 14, 2023, 01:54:02 PM »

Wait... the House vote was to formalize the impeachment inquiry. Apparently you do not know what an inquiry is? A synonym for inquiry is investigation. You are jumping the gun, which is fine if it makes you feel any better.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #1496 on: December 14, 2023, 01:57:09 PM »

Top 10 most despicable persons in the current Admin. Only wish horrible things to happen to her.
T

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1497 on: December 14, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »
Top 10 most despicable persons in the current Admin. Only wish horrible things to happen to her.

Worst Press Secretary ever.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1498 on: December 14, 2023, 02:48:53 PM »
Wait... the House vote was to formalize the impeachment inquiry. Apparently you do not know what an inquiry is? A synonym for inquiry is investigation. You are jumping the gun, which is fine if it makes you feel any better.

Weren't you just complaining about them moving too slowly? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1499 on: December 14, 2023, 02:58:29 PM »
Four Biden Impeachment Articles and What the House Will Need to Prove
October 2, 2023

Below is my column in The Hill on moving forward with the Biden impeachment inquiry. The column discusses four possible impeachment articles that could be brought by the House and what the House would need to prove.

Here is the column:

With the commencement of the impeachment inquiry into the conduct of President Joe Biden, three House committees will now pursue key linkages between the president and the massive influence peddling operation run by his son Hunter and brother James.

The impeachment inquiry should allow the House to finally acquire long-sought records of Hunter, James, and Joe Biden, as well as to pursue witnesses involved in their dealings.

I testified this week at the first hearing of the impeachment inquiry on the constitutional standards and practices in moving forward in the investigation. In my view, there is ample justification for an impeachment inquiry. If these allegations are established, they would clearly constitute impeachable offenses. I listed ten of those facts in my testimony that alone were sufficient to move forward with this inquiry.

I was criticized by both the left and the right for the testimony. Steven Bannon and others were upset that I did not believe that the basis for impeachment had already been established in the first hearing of the inquiry. Others were angry that I supported the House efforts to resolve these questions of public corruption.

Without prejudging that evidence, there are four obvious potential articles of impeachment that have been raised in recent disclosures and sworn statements: bribery, conspiracy, obstruction, and abuse of power.

Bribery is the second impeachable act listed under Article II. The allegation that the President received a bribe worth millions was documented on a FD-1023 form by a trusted FBI source who was paid a significant amount of money by the government. There remain many details that would have to be confirmed in order to turn such an allegation into an article of impeachment.

Yet three facts are now unassailable. First, Biden has lied about key facts related to these foreign dealings, including false statements flagged by the Washington Post. Second, the president was indeed the focus of a corrupt multimillion-dollar influence peddling scheme. Third, Biden may have benefitted from this corruption through millions of dollars sent to his family as well as more direct benefit to Joe and Jill Biden.

What must be established is the President’s knowledge of or participation in this corrupt scheme. The House now has confirmed over 20 calls made to meetings and dinners with these foreign clients. It has confirmation of visits to the White House and dinners and events attended by Joe Biden. It also has confirmation of trips on Air Force II by Hunter to facilitate these deals, as well as payments where the President’s Delaware home address was used as late as 2019 for transfers from China.

The most serious allegations concern reported Washington calls or meetings by Hunter at the behest of these foreign figures. At least one of those calls concerned the removal or isolation of a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating Burisma, an energy company paying Hunter as a board member. A few days later, Biden withheld a billion dollars in an approved loan to Ukrainian in order to force the firing of the prosecutor.

The House will need to strengthen the nexus with the president in seeking firsthand accounts of these meetings, calls, and transfers.

However, there is one thing that the House does not have to do. While there are references to Joe Biden receiving money from Hunter and other benefits (including a proposed ten percent from one of these foreign deals), he has already been shown to have benefited from these transfers.

There is a false narrative being pushed by both politicians and pundits that there is no basis for an inquiry, let alone an impeachment, unless a direct payment or gift can be shown to Joe Biden. That would certainly strengthen the case politically, but it is not essential legally. Even in criminal cases subject to the highest standard, payments to family members can be treated as benefits to a principal actor. Direct benefits can further strengthen articles of impeachment, but they would not be a prerequisite for such an action.

For example, in Ryan v. United States, the Seventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals upheld the conviction of George Ryan, formerly Secretary of State and then governor of Illinois, partly on account of benefits paid to his family, including the hiring of a band at his daughter’s wedding and other “undisclosed financial benefits to him and his family and to his friends.” Criminal cases can indeed be built on a “stream of benefits” running to the politician in question, his family, or his friends.

That is also true of past impeachments. I served as lead counsel in the last judicial impeachment tried before the Senate. My client, Judge G. Thomas Porteous, had been impeached by the House for, among other things, benefits received by his children, including gifts related to a wedding.

One of the jurors in the trial was Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), who voted to convict and remove Porteous. Menendez is now charged with accepting gifts of vastly greater value in the recent corruption indictment.

The similarities between the Menendez and Biden controversies are noteworthy, in everything from the types of gifts to the counsel representing the accused.  The Menendez indictment includes conspiracy charges for honest services fraud, the use of office to serve personal rather the public interests. It also includes extortion under color of official right under 18 U.S.C. 1951. (The Hobbs Act allows for a charge of extortion without a threat of violence but rather the use of official authority.)

Courts have held that conspiracy charges do not require the defendant to be involved in all (or even most) aspects of the planning for a bribe or denial of honest services. Thus, a conspirator does not have to participate “in every overt act or know all the details to be charged as a member of the conspiracy.”

Menendez’s case shows that the Biden Administration is prosecuting individuals under the same type of public corruption that this impeachment inquiry is supposed to prove. The U.S. has long declared influence peddling to be a form of public corruption and signed international conventions to combat precisely this type of corruption around the world.

This impeachment inquiry is going forward. The House just issued subpoenas on Friday for the financial records of both Hunter and James Biden. The public could soon have answers to some of these questions. Madison called impeachment “indispensable…for defending the community” against such corruption. The inquiry itself is an assurance that, wherever this evidence may lead, the House can now follow.

Jonathan Turley is the J.B. & Maurice C. Shapiro Professor of Public Interest Law at the George Washington University Law School.

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/10/02/four-biden-impeachment-articles-and-what-the-house-will-need-to-prove/