Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 277205 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #600 on: November 01, 2019, 04:02:13 PM »
Trump Jr. is just a businessman with no political experience.  He'd never get the nomination.   :D
I think Ivanka will be the first women President in 2024

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #601 on: November 01, 2019, 04:20:35 PM »
It is relevant to history buffs. Otherwise, most have moved on to more current news.

The fact the DOJ is refusing to open a criminal investigation over the Trump-Ukraine phone call is current news.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #602 on: November 01, 2019, 06:43:46 PM »
The fact the DOJ is refusing to open a criminal investigation over the Trump-Ukraine phone call is current news.
Should be a nice waste of taxpayers money watching the dummycrats run this "impeachment" attempt out until election season next year. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #603 on: November 01, 2019, 07:54:28 PM »
Hmmm, I guess passing the impeachment inquiry ( thur Oct 31) was fake legislation? ;)

You DO know that anything that is upheld by the House needs to be ratified by the Senate right?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #604 on: November 02, 2019, 09:46:03 AM »
Hmmm, I guess passing the impeachment inquiry ( thur Oct 31) was fake legislation? ;)
Of course they passed the inquiry, they have to keep some sort of controversy for the next year in an attempt to get Trump out of office, God knows they can't beat him running on a platform. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: November 02, 2019, 10:16:17 AM »
Of course they passed the inquiry, they have to keep some sort of controversy for the next year in an attempt to get Trump out of office, God knows they can't beat him running on a platform. ::)

They have 2 platforms.. just not sure which one they want to run on yet

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: November 02, 2019, 04:21:08 PM »
This Topic (Impeachment) started on the 13th May, 2019  ::) ( 5 months ago)

Today is November 3, 2019 & Mr.Trump still rules  ;D ;D ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: November 02, 2019, 04:54:29 PM »
Perhaps October 5, 2019 is considered current.

Trump's Ukraine Call Might Violate Election Laws, But No One's Enforcing Them
October 5, 2019 5:00 AM ET
Brian Naylor

Strictly speaking, quid pro quo is not illegal.

Stopped reading right here
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: November 02, 2019, 09:24:35 PM »
Stopped reading right here

Awwww nooooo.....Brian Naylor is an unbiased anti-Trumper.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #609 on: November 03, 2019, 11:17:29 PM »
“We did not rush to this judgment.  As a matter of fact, this went on for over a year.  And both the Speaker and I said, no,
we’re not there, we’re looking at the facts, we’re committing oversight - which is our responsibility under the constitution.” 

The current impeachment matter is based on a summer of 2019 phone call, which was somewhat less than a year ago.

@ 2:43

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: November 04, 2019, 08:25:22 AM »
This Topic (Impeachment) started on the 13th May, 2019  ::) ( 5 months ago)

Today is November 3, 2019 & Mr.Trump still rules  ;D ;D ;D

This topic was started on 13 May 2013

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #611 on: November 04, 2019, 08:28:11 AM »
Don't really hear a lot of people talking about the fact this Ukraine phone call was classified.  Somebody may have broken the law by talking to the "whistleblower."

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: November 04, 2019, 06:43:04 PM »
Don't really hear a lot of people talking about the fact this Ukraine phone call was classified.  Somebody may have broken the law by talking to the "whistleblower."

Stop.....

Do you realize that there is a 50/50 chance that there is no whistleblower?

The highest likelihood right now is that Adam Schiff has completely made up the entire whistleblower.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #613 on: November 04, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »
Stop.....

Do you realize that there is a 50/50 chance that there is no whistleblower?

The highest likelihood right now is that Adam Schiff has completely made up the entire whistleblower.

I guess that's possible, but I believe the reporting about who the kid is.  The guy who broke the story is pretty reliable. 

That said, Schiff is a snake. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: November 04, 2019, 07:34:08 PM »
I guess that's possible, but I believe the reporting about who the kid is.  The guy who broke the story is pretty reliable. 

That said, Schiff is a snake. 

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2019/10/30/whistleblower_exposed_close_to_biden_brennan_dnc_oppo_researcher_120996.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #615 on: November 07, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »
This is what happens when you don't oversample Democrats. 

– Trust in the inquiry –

While there is growing public support for an inquiry, the public is not very confident with the process to date. Just 24% say they have a lot of trust in how the House impeachment inquiry has been conducted so far, 29% have a little trust, and 44% have no trust at all. Among those who support impeaching and removing Trump from office, 46% have a lot of trust in the process so far, 40% have a little trust, and 12% have no trust.  Among those who oppose impeachment, just 6% have a lot of trust and 20% have a little trust, while 71% have no trust. Half the public (50%) believes that holding more of the impeachment hearings in public will increase trust in the process, 17% say it will decrease trust, and 29% say it will have no impact.

Neither political party is seen as particularly high-minded in this process. Just 31% of Americans say congressional Democrats are more interested in pursuing the facts while 60% say they are more interested in finding ways to bring down Trump. Even fewer Americans (25%) say congressional Republicans are more interested in pursuing the facts while 61% say they are more interested in finding ways to defend Trump.

. . .

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_110519/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: November 08, 2019, 08:46:28 AM »
It would not surprise me if Democrats try and drag this out through early next year, then demand that he not have the State of the Union Address while this is pending. 

And all of that with zero evidence that Trump committed treason, bribery, or any other high crime/misdemeanor. 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #617 on: November 08, 2019, 12:00:59 PM »
Does White House counsel refusing to honor subpoenas, thus disallowing folks to testify at the impeachment inquiry hearings not drag out the process?

PrimeNancy , still no impeachment  ??? :P

;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: November 08, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
Was it supposed to happen today?

Yeah , on Antartica  ;D !.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: November 08, 2019, 12:53:23 PM »
Does White House counsel refusing to honor subpoenas, thus disallowing folks to testify at the impeachment inquiry hearings not drag out the process?

No.  Serving a frivolous subpoena in a 100 percent partisan witch hunt with zero substance drags out this process. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: November 08, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
 :o

He's right.

GOP Sen. Kennedy on Impeachment Inquiry: ‘It’s Not Only Dumb’ — ‘It’s Dangerous’
TRENT BAKER  
8 Nov 2019

In a Friday interview with Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) issued a stark warning for the House Democrats’ impeachment process over the alleged quid pro quo demand during a phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Kennedy said the process is “not only dumb,” but it is also “dangerous” because it could lead to future “partisan impeachment” pushes.

“This whole process is not only dumb, but it’s dangerous,” Kennedy cautioned. “This is going to be the first partisan impeachment in the history of our country, and I’m worried that it’s going to establish a new normal. Some day we’ll have a Democratic president and then half of the country will be pushing us to impeach him or her. They’ll say, ‘Well, you did it to Trump, now do it to the new president.’ And I think that’s dangerous.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/08/gop-sen-kennedy-on-impeachment-inquiry-its-not-only-dumb-its-dangerous/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #621 on: November 08, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »
Maybe now they finally got him?  The end is near.  Again. 

BOLTON SIGNALS DEMS: I’VE GOT THE GOODS
John Bolton Knows Of ‘Many Relevant’ Conversations About Ukraine, Lawyer Says

The former national security adviser has been called to testify in the impeachment inquiry by lawmakers, but his lawyers want a court to clear him to do so first.
By Sarah Ruiz-Grossman
11/08/2019

President Donald Trump’s former National Security Adviser John Bolton knows about “many relevant meetings and conversations” surrounding Trump’s communications with Ukraine, Bolton’s lawyer told lawmakers Friday.

Bolton has information that House impeachment investigators do not know about yet, his lawyer Charles Cooper said in a letter to the chief House lawyer, which was first reported by The New York Times. Lawmakers have called on Bolton to testify as part of the impeachment inquiry, but his lawyer first wants a court to rule on whether he should be made to do so, given that the White House has chosen not to cooperate with the inquiry.

According to Cooper’s letter, which he provided to HuffPost, Bolton “was personally involved in many of the events, meetings, and conversations about which [lawmakers] have already received testimony, as well as many relevant meetings and conversations that have not yet been discussed in the testimonies thus far.”

Bolton did not show up Thursday for his deposition by lawmakers in the impeachment inquiry. He is one of several current and former Trump administration officials who have failed to appear for their closed-door depositions.

Bolton “stands ready” to testify if courts resolve the “conflicting demands of the Legislative and Executive Branches,” Cooper said in the letter.

Bolton, who was fired in September, would be a key witness in the impeachment inquiry into Trump’s pressure campaign on Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, one of the Democratic frontrunners for 2020, and his son Hunter.

According to reports in October, Bolton was at one point so concerned about Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani’s efforts to pressure Ukraine for political help that he ordered an aide to warn White House attorneys about Giuliani’s behavior.

Lawmakers released testimony Friday from closed-door depositions with the aide in question, Fiona Hill, a former White House policy adviser on Russia, as well as Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman.

Both Hill and Vindman raised concerns about Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, saying that officials conditioned a White House meeting with Ukrainian leaders on whether or not the country launched an investigation into Biden, and implicated acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney in this quid pro quo.

Hill and Vindman also testified that Bolton cut short a July meeting between officials from the Trump administration and from Ukraine, after the U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland began speaking of Ukraine conducting these investigations in order for the country’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to get a meeting with Trump.

The House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees will be hosting the inquiry’s first public hearings next week, when three State Department officials who have already privately spoken with investigators will testify.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-bolton-ukraine-trump-impeachment_n_5dc5c16de4b0fcfb7f661939

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #622 on: November 09, 2019, 04:36:50 PM »
K

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: November 09, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
Imagine a country where two of the largest media companies knowingly protect a liberal rapist and pedophile because his liberal wife is running for President.

How many innocent, underage girls were raped by Jeffrey Epstein’s friends between 2015 when ABC and CBS knew what was going on until Epstein hung himself in 2019?

Jail is too good for these people.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: November 09, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »

Imagine a country where a woman compromises national security multiple times, then lies and tries to cover it up and her sheep don't care.... ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!