Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 277258 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2019, 07:34:51 PM »
Democrats went on national television today to try to impeach the greatest President in modern history and their entire case was based on hearsay.

This will motivate the Republican Party base to vote in record numbers in 2020 and it will result in a historic landslide victory.

Did you hear this idiot?

Democratic lawmaker: Hearsay evidence 'can be much better' than direct in some cases
by Tim Pearce
November 13, 2019

Rep. Mike Quigley defended the impeachment testimony of two witnesses by asserting that hearsay evidence is sometimes admitted into court.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent and acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine William Taylor testified in the House’s impeachment proceedings into President Trump on Tuesday. Neither witness has had significant contact with Trump, and almost all of their testimony is based on the accounts of others shared with them.

"I think the American public needs to be reminded that countless people have been convicted on hearsay because the courts have routinely allowed and created needed exceptions to hearsay," Quigley, a Democrat from Illinois, said to close his questioning of Kent and Taylor. "Hearsay can be much better evidence than direct, as we have learned in painful instances and it's certainly valid in this instance."

An immediate challenge came from a GOP member saying that hearsay evidence would not be admissible into a court case such as the case for impeaching Trump.

Courts do not typically allow hearsay evidence because it does not allow defendants to cross-examine the person who made the statement or check for its accuracy, but the rule does come with exceptions, such as statements made that show the subject's emotional state.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democratic-lawmaker-hearsay-evidence-can-be-much-better-than-direct-in-some-cases

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #676 on: November 13, 2019, 08:39:08 PM »
I hope he has the stones to do it. 

Graham says Schiff should be a witness in Trump impeachment trial
BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 11/13/19

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Wednesday that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) should be a witness in the Senate's impeachment trial.

Graham was asked during an interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity if senators would try to call Schiff, his staff, the whistleblower or Hunter Biden as part of an impeachment trial.

"As a matter of oversight, I'm not going to call a House member, but if you impeach the president of the United States, I want to find out if in fact Schiff and his staff met with the whistleblower," Graham said.

"So if there's a trial in the Senate, one of the witnesses will be Adam Schiff because if he in fact did meet with the whistleblower and coach the guy up, I think that's relevant to the impeachment inquiry itself," Graham continued.

Graham appeared to be referring to a moment during the public impeachment inquiry hearing earlier in the day when Schiff pushed back against an accusation from Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) that he knew the identity of the whistleblower whose claim is at the center of the House impeachment inquiry.

When Jordan said Schiff was the only member of Congress who knew the whistleblower's identity, Schiff responded, "As the gentleman knows, that's a false statement. I do not know the identity of the whistleblower."

A spokesman for Schiff didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Senate leadership has given no indication about who it may or may not allow to be called as witnesses as part of a likely Senate impeachment trial.

The Senate passed a resolution 100-0 during the Clinton impeachment trial that established the procedure for filing motions, how long senators would have to ask questions and the way witnesses would be called.

But a second resolution specifying which individuals would be called as witnesses faltered along party lines.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) have not yet started holding similar negotiations.

Republicans have seized on Schiff as a top antagonist as they've looked for a strategy to combat the House impeachment inquiry, which centers on whether Trump withheld aid to Ukraine in an effort to get Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

A source familiar with the whistleblower's contacts told Reuters on Wednesday that the whistleblower never spoke or met with Schiff.

Republicans first homed in on Schiff in the wake of a New York Times story earlier this year reporting that the whistleblower reached out to him before going to the intelligence community's inspector general.

Democrats defended Schiff at the time, arguing that whistleblowers routinely reach out to the Intelligence Committee and that the chairman's staff followed protocol by telling him or her to contact the inspector general.

A spokesman for Schiff has also said that the committee didn't review the whistleblower complaint in advance and that Schiff knew neither the details of the complaint nor the whistleblower's identity.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/470406-graham-says-schiff-should-witness-in-trump-impeachment-trial

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #677 on: November 14, 2019, 06:22:13 AM »
Democrats went on national television today to try to impeach the greatest President in modern history and their entire case was based on hearsay.

This will motivate the Republican Party base to vote in record numbers in 2020 and it will result in a historic landslide victory.

It was an unbelievable fail for the Democrats. Two boob bureaucrats getting their assholes reamed as they try to explain their idiotic positions. And a Don Knotts looking guy heading up the proceedings.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #678 on: November 14, 2019, 08:57:24 AM »
Graham said they won't continue if everything is based on heresay.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #679 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:40 AM »

Republican Counsel Steve Castor questions witnesses during the first public hearings held by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence as part of the impeachment inquiry into U.S. President Donald Trump on Capitol Hill November 13, 2019 in Washington, DC.
https://www.sfgate.com/local-politics/article/impeachment-hearing-memes-jokes-twitter-castor-14832163.php

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2019, 09:30:27 AM »
We finally have the alleged crime:  bribery.  How dumb is this woman??

Pelosi: Trump bribed Ukraine, makes Nixon's offenses 'look almost small'
BY MIKE LILLIS - 11/14/19

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday accused President Trump of "bribery" in his dealings with Ukrainian leaders, linking the president's actions to the Constitution's impeachment clause even while emphasizing that Democrats remain undecided on whether they'll draft impeachment articles.

"That is in the Constitution, attached to the impeachment proceedings," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol.

She then explained the basis for the charge, which stems from a whistleblower's complaint that has since been supported by numerous government officials, that Trump leveraged U.S. military aid to Kyiv to secure political favors from Ukrainian leaders.

"The bribe is to grant or withhold military assistance in return for a public statement of a fake investigation into the elections," she said. "That's bribery."

Pelosi declined to say if the bribery charge would become an article of impeachment, insisting Democrats — even as they move ahead with their investigation — have not concluded Trump committed impeachable offenses.

"We haven't even made a decision to impeach," she said. "That's what the inquiry is about. And when the committees decide that, then they will decide what the articles are."

"But I am saying, that what the president has admitted to, and says it's 'perfect,' I said it's perfectly wrong," she added. "It's bribery."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/470472-pelosi-trump-bribed-ukraine-makes-nixons-offenses-look-almost-small

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
I was thinking Palm Springs....but only in the winter. Summers in the Pacific Northwest are killer.

How is 'Global Warming'  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: November 14, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »
Harold Ford: Nancy Pelosi May Pull Impeachment If It Does Not Go Well This Week For Democrats
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date November 12, 2019

Former Congressman Harold Ford (D-TN) gives his take on Michael Bloomberg and the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

BRET BAIER: We are getting ready for these public hearings on impeachment. How much do you think this factors in on the campaign trail and what 2020 candidates are talking about ahead of this debate in Atlanta?

FMR. REP. HAROLD FORD JR. (D-TN): By Wednesday evening, I think we're going to have a very strong sense. I think what Senator Kennedy said, he wants to measure the credibility of these witnesses. He wants to measure the tone of these witnesses. He wants to get a sense of hearing their words and hearing them talk, see them cross-examined.

I think by Wednesday evening and perhaps Friday afternoon after the ambassador comes forward, we're going to have a much better sense of Nancy Pelosi who I think has been the most mature of all the politicians in D.C. around this issue because I don't that she really wanted to do this.

But if she does not feel that the Democrats can have a sound vote, a bipartisan vote, and maybe even the chance to remove the president, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't pull this in the next several days. If this first week does not go well.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/11/12/harold_ford_nancy_pelosi_may_pull_impeachment_if_it_does_not_go_well_this_week_for_democrats.html?fbclid=IwAR0SsXN5NWss_tcAbotZaJGArvFCj6fM1FXRB3ykXSJG2uzhiyZIAEZNF7A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »
I wonder which Democrat is going to be the first to say the president of Ukraine was lying when he repeatedly said he was not pressured to do anything? 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »
I wonder which Democrat is going to be the first to say the president of Ukraine was lying when he repeatedly said he was not pressured to do anything? 

I suspect most Democrats, especially Pelosi are seeing the ship  starting to sink and are looking for life rafts.

I originally thought there would be an impeachment vote, now it’s 50/50 at best.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
I suspect most Democrats, especially Pelosi are seeing the ship  starting to sink and are looking for life rafts.

I originally thought there would be an impeachment vote, now it’s 50/50 at best.

The only way they have a vote is if she polls her lackeys and confirms she has a majority.  I suspect she will have enough Democrats to get it passed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #686 on: November 14, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »
Now that "quid pro quo" has blown up, the new buzz word is "bribery." 

Bribery! Nets Approve of Pelosi’s New Impeachment Buzzword
By Nicholas Fondacaro | November 14, 2019 https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/11/14/bribery-nets-approve-pelosis-new-impeachment-buzzword

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #687 on: November 14, 2019, 06:48:20 PM »
Now that "quid pro quo" has blown up, the new buzz word is "bribery." 

Bribery! Nets Approve of Pelosi’s New Impeachment Buzzword
By Nicholas Fondacaro | November 14, 2019 https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/11/14/bribery-nets-approve-pelosis-new-impeachment-buzzword

Wait until Alexandra Chalupa hits the stand and Jim Jordan takes her to the woodshed.

Trump and Rudy G know the link to the 2016 election meddling, Hillary, and the DNC is about to be blown wide open.

You have to wonder if the weak Democrat Party can even survive this impeachment debacle

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #688 on: November 14, 2019, 07:02:18 PM »
Wait until Alexandra Chalupa hits the stand and Jim Jordan takes her to the woodshed.

Trump and Rudy G know the link to the 2016 election meddling, Hillary, and the DNC is about to be blown wide open.

You have to wonder if the weak Democrat Party can even survive this impeachment debacle

You're assuming Schiff will allow Chalupa to testify.  Silly you. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #689 on: November 14, 2019, 07:11:03 PM »
The only way they have a vote is if she polls her lackeys and confirms she has a majority.  I suspect she will have enough Democrats to get it passed.

Read an article quoting Ken Starr today.  He believes if there's nothing concrete that would sway any Senate votes, they won't call for a vote.

He believes she didn't want to do this originally, and she even hinted the they have not committed to calling one.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #690 on: November 14, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »

Read an article quoting Ken Starr today.  He believes if there's nothing concrete that would sway any Senate votes, they won't call for a vote.

He believes she didn't want to do this originally, and she even hinted the they have not committed to calling one.

I just saw clips of her saying in one breath Trump bribed the Ukrainian president then in the next breath saying she isn't sure the committees will vote to move forward with impeachment.  She's a retard.  I literally listen to her am dumbfounded that someone as dense as her is Speaker of the House.

She claimed the bribery is Trump withholding military aid in exchange for a public statement by the Ukrainian president that he will investigate Biden.  You just cannot make up how stupid this is.  It's as bad as the Trump as a Russian Manchurian Candidate crap.   

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #691 on: November 14, 2019, 07:21:44 PM »
Just quoting to quote it. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: November 14, 2019, 07:35:54 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: November 14, 2019, 07:37:32 PM »
Is this guy lying too?

U.S. envoy Sondland did not link Biden probe to aid: Ukraine minister
NOVEMBER 14, 2019
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko said on Thursday that U.S. ambassador Gordon Sondland did not explicitly link military aid to Kiev with opening an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Interfax Ukraine reported.

Trump and his allies are accused by Democrat opponents of freezing nearly $400 million in security aid to Ukraine to pressure President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to open investigations into Biden, Trump’s main rival for the 2020 presidential race.

Trump calls the inquiry a witch hunt.

“Ambassador Sondland did not tell us, and certainly did not tell me, about a connection between the assistance and the investigations. You should ask him,” Prystaiko said about Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union

Prystaiko’s comments came a day after William Taylor, the acting ambassador to Ukraine, testified in the first televised hearing of the impeachment inquiry.

In a disclosure that drew the most attention, Taylor pointed to Trump’s keen interest in getting the eastern European ally to investigate Biden and reiterated his understanding that $391 million in U.S. security aid was withheld from Kiev unless it cooperated.

Taylor said a member of his staff had overheard a July 26 phone call between Trump and Sondland in which the Republican president asked about investigations into the Bidens, and Sondland told him that the Ukrainians were ready to proceed.

That call occurred a day after Trump had asked Zelenskiy during a phone call to conduct the investigations.

“I have never seen a direct relationship between investigations and security assistance,” Prystaiko was quoted as saying by Interfax. “Yes, the investigations were mentioned, you know, in the conversation of the presidents. But there was no clear connection between these events.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-ukraine/us-envoy-sondland-did-not-link-biden-probe-to-aid-ukraine-minister-idUSKBN1XO1HK

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: November 14, 2019, 07:46:11 PM »
You're assuming Schiff will allow Chalupa to testify.  Silly you. 

Chief Justice Roberts will....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: November 14, 2019, 08:39:19 PM »
Chief Justice Roberts will....

Yes different ball game in the Senate.  Thought you were talking about the Kangaroo Court in the House. 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #696 on: November 14, 2019, 09:33:07 PM »
Yes different ball game in the Senate.  Thought you were talking about the Kangaroo Court in the House. 

The thing is, the Democrats think it’s a game.

Once this gets to a senate trial, then these deep state Democrats lying in their testimony and trying to pull off a coup should be charged with treason

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: November 14, 2019, 09:40:00 PM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #698 on: November 15, 2019, 03:43:53 AM »
The thing is, the Democrats think it’s a game.

Once this gets to a senate trial, then these deep state Democrats lying in their testimony and trying to pull off a coup should be charged with treason

Cortez was actually dumb enough to say on camera that this was about "Uniting the party".
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #699 on: November 15, 2019, 04:17:20 AM »