Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 277197 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #1225 on: January 26, 2020, 05:19:10 PM »
Liberals bitch and moan like Trump is going to murder all the homosexuals and trannies, take away women's rights, make pedophilia legal and impose slavery on whomsoever they wish.

Like he's a muslime.

Libs just love them some muslimes.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #1226 on: January 27, 2020, 05:48:47 AM »
 ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1227 on: January 27, 2020, 03:52:46 PM »
Apparently, the President's defense team put on quite a defense today.

I watched some of live and saw some writeups and videos, but CNN confirmed it because their webpage headline mentions NOTHING about the defense, just that they're "feeling pressure to allow witnesses", and the sub headline about the defense implies the same.
Y

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1228 on: January 27, 2020, 07:40:53 PM »
Apparently, the President's defense team put on quite a defense today.

I watched some of live and saw some writeups and videos, but CNN confirmed it because their webpage headline mentions NOTHING about the defense, just that they're "feeling pressure to allow witnesses", and the sub headline about the defense implies the same.
Crazy how all the networks played the dems whole 24 hours and no one has the Rep defense on TV, not even fox. They are just showing clips on it.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #1229 on: January 27, 2020, 08:48:57 PM »
Crazy how all the networks played the dems whole 24 hours and no one has the Rep defense on TV, not even fox. They are just showing clips on it.

lol.. thought it was just me.... I keep checking all the news channels and all I can ever find is Schiff and Dems

WTF?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1230 on: January 28, 2020, 04:39:00 AM »
Pam Bondi, Trump defense attorney argues Biden corruption concerns are legitimate and states. "It was nepotism at best and nefarious at worst, I repeat it was nepotism at best and nefarious at worst!"

10:52

Are you fucking kidding me? Trump and nepotism....

Be glad that the cardio-respiratory systems are involuntary, otherwise your feeble brain would not support life. 

Thanks (again) for making me look intelligent.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1231 on: January 28, 2020, 01:01:06 PM »
Pam Bondi is pretty damned hot for 54, gentlemen.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1232 on: January 28, 2020, 01:22:49 PM »
Will Obama need a teleprompter to help him plead the 5th ?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1233 on: January 28, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »
Be glad that the cardio-respiratory systems are involuntary, otherwise your feeble brain would not support life. 

Thanks (again) for making me look intelligent.

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1234 on: January 28, 2020, 03:41:23 PM »
 :o

Feinstein says she’s a maybe on acquitting Trump as his defense team ends impeachment arguments
By MOLLY O’TOOLE, JENNIFER HABERKORN, ELI STOKOLS
JAN. 28, 2020
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-01-28/trump-team-wraps-impeachment-defense-with-an-elephant-in-the-senate-john-bolton?fbclid=IwAR05EWQrAhQfloGLiFJQnP_QLLoLwiIHYoWSrhzz-53yMBiKVuhv009cX5U

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1235 on: January 28, 2020, 05:05:07 PM »
:o

Feinstein says she’s a maybe on acquitting Trump as his defense team ends impeachment arguments
By MOLLY O’TOOLE, JENNIFER HABERKORN, ELI STOKOLS
JAN. 28, 2020
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-01-28/trump-team-wraps-impeachment-defense-with-an-elephant-in-the-senate-john-bolton?fbclid=IwAR05EWQrAhQfloGLiFJQnP_QLLoLwiIHYoWSrhzz-53yMBiKVuhv009cX5U

She already caved on this.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1236 on: January 28, 2020, 05:39:34 PM »
She already caved on this.

lol.  A moment of temporary sanity.  Was probably pummeled by her colleagues.  I wonder how many Democrats will actually do the right thing and vote to acquit?  I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3?  I don't see any Republicans voting to convict. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1237 on: January 28, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
None of this testimony will change the facts one bit, but I'm cool with this.  The only additional witness I want to hear from is Eric Ciaramella, the alleged whistleblower. 

Graham Predicts 51 GOP Sens. Will Vote for Testimony from Bidens: Hunter Turned Ukraine into ‘ATM Machine’
EDWIN MORA  28 Jan 20209
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), while talking to reporters on the sidelines of the Senate impeachment trial, predicted that a majority of Republican senators would likely vote in favor of testimony from former Vice President Joe Biden, his son Hunter, and the “whistleblower.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/28/graham-predicts-51-gop-sens-will-vote-for-testimony-from-bidens-hunter-turned-ukraine-into-atm-machine/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1238 on: January 28, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »
GOP confident of win on witnesses
BY ALEXANDER BOLTON - 01/28/20
The Hill

Republican senators emerged from a caucus meeting Tuesday voicing confidence they will win a vote later this week that would block new witnesses from being called and end President Trump’s impeachment trial this week.

While Republican sources acknowledged several senators are wrestling with the question of whether to bring in former national security adviser John Bolton as a witness, they said Democrats do not have the four GOP votes they need to win such a vote.

While it does not appear that Republicans have the votes to reject such a motion yet, GOP senators on Tuesday said they thought the caucus would get there.

“We’ve been 100 percent united in this process to this point and it would be my hope that we can remain that way,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.).

He said Republicans will have at least the 50 votes they need to defeat the motion on witnesses.

“It’s either going to be 53, 52 or 51, some number that starts with five would be my guess would be the vote to not have witnesses,” Cramer said.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) also voiced confidence.

“I feel good. I feel good that we’re in a good spot,” he said, “in terms of ending the trial sooner rather than later.”

Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the chamber’s No. 2 Republican, also expressed confidence, saying the trial shouldn’t go past Friday.

The Tuesday meeting, held after Trump’s defense team closed its impeachment case, using only 11 of its 24 hours in process, was an effort by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to persuade his colleagues to unify on the issue.

Republican senators described the special meeting as an effort to shore up the small group of GOP colleagues who might be willing to join Democrats in calling for testimony from Bolton or other witnesses.

One weapon McConnell and GOP leaders are using in their argument to try to persuade colleagues against voting for Bolton’s testimony is Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.). They say agreeing to witnesses could give the minority leader carte blanche to force additional votes on subpoenaing more witnesses and documents, sources say.

During the meeting a handful of Republicans voiced concern about the public fallout of an unpublished book manuscript by Bolton that claims Trump told his former aide that he wanted to freeze military aid for Ukraine until Ukrainian officials announced an investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden, an assertion that goes to the heart of the Democrats’ case against Trump.

Only two Republicans, Sens. Mitt Romney (Utah) and Susan Collins (Maine), say they will vote to consider motions to subpoena additional witnesses and documents. McConnell has prevented further defections.

But several other Republicans are on the fence.

Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) told reporters after the meeting that he will wait until senators have used their 16 hours of allotted time to ask questions before making a decision.

“I think the path forward is we got two days of questions and answers. That will take Wednesday and Thursday, and as far as I’m concerned after I finish hearing the answers to the questions and consider the record — I’ve now heard the arguments of both sides — then I’ll make a decision about whether we need more evidence,” he said.

Under the organizing resolution passed by all 53 GOP senators last week, the Senate is set to vote Friday on “whether it shall be in order to consider and debate under the impeachment rules any motion to subpoena witnesses or documents.”

If the measure wins fewer than 50 votes, it will fail and the Senate will move to vote “yes” or “no” on the two articles of impeachment passed by the House.

If it gets 51 votes, the Senate will embark on an open-ended debate during which Schumer can force a litany of votes on witnesses and documents, as he did on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week when he kept the Senate voting past 2 a.m.

Republican senators are worried that Schumer will painfully drag out the process if they vote to consider additional witnesses, and not just settle for hearing from Bolton, according to two GOP lawmakers familiar with internal conference discussions.

In the case of a 50-50 tie, there’s a possibility that Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts could step in and rule in favor of witnesses.

Schumer on Tuesday said he would like to see Roberts rule in favor of witnesses, arguing that the weight of his opinion would convince enough Republicans to go along with it. Other Democrats say Roberts should break a 50-50 tie. But either move would be seen as highly political and polarizing — a reason Roberts might choose to avoid either step.

Republicans are also looking for ways that would make it easier for them to not vote for Bolton’s testimony.

One proposal garnering buzz came from Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.), who said he was in negotiations with the White House to make Bolton’s unpublished manuscript available for senators to read in a classified setting. The National Security Council is currently reviewing the draft to make sure it doesn’t include classified information.

By keeping the manuscript in Congress’s sensitive compartmented information facility, senators can read it before it’s fully declassified.

Democrats have scoffed at that idea, and Republicans aren’t fully on board with the proposal.

“I don’t know,” Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), a pivotal swing vote, said Tuesday afternoon when asked about Lankford’s proposal.

“Is it looking at the whole manuscript? Is it just isolated references? If it’s classified, how can we gain access to it? What can we say about it? It’s an idea that’s been presented. I just don’t know,” she said.

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) is pushing for a swap of witness testimony, whereby the House managers would have a chance to seek testimony from Bolton and Trump’s lawyers would be able to ask questions of Biden’s son Hunter Biden.

But McConnell hasn’t yet signed onto the idea and would prefer to avoid subpoenaing new witnesses and risking a battle over executive privilege that could extend the trial indefinitely.

Another proposal floated by Republican senators Tuesday afternoon was to give Roberts “a more elevated” role so that he could perhaps make a ruling to hear from Bolton but not additional witnesses, according to a lawmaker in the room.

McConnell warned wavering Republicans at a lunch meeting earlier Tuesday that if they vote to bring in new witnesses it could extend the trial for weeks and would inevitably result in Trump’s acquittal.

He cautioned colleagues that opening up the trial to new evidence could take it in unpredictable directions for an unknown amount of time, eating up the Senate calendar.

The GOP leader told undecided colleagues to “sort through this to look at the information” and “look at the big picture in terms of what this means,” said Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.).

If four Republicans vote to subpoena new evidence, it would be a major political victory for Schumer, who has made the debate more about seeking damaging information about Trump than actually removing him from office.

Sixty-seven votes are needed to convict Trump on articles of impeachment passed by the House, and Democrats acknowledge they’re nowhere close to having enough support to do that.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/480413-gop-confident-of-win-on-witnesses?__twitter_impression=true

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1239 on: January 29, 2020, 02:55:31 PM »
GOP senators believe they have the votes to block witnesses
BY ALEXANDER BOLTON - 01/29/20
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/480526-gop-senators-believe-they-have-the-votes-to-block-witnesses

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1240 on: January 29, 2020, 06:28:31 PM »
So have the Democrats used the Steele dossier, Mueller report, or Impeachment Inquiry to get rid of President Donald Trump yet ?

Talk about born to lose...it’s like Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, Strawman, and Primeidiot have an aversion to truth and winning.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1241 on: January 29, 2020, 06:49:49 PM »
Well, it's been revealed that Schiff withdrew subpoena challenges that the courts said they would expedite.

So, the Democrats are playing a game to force it on the Senate, and make them look bad, and the GOP sees right through it.
Y

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1242 on: January 29, 2020, 07:15:08 PM »
You have to wonder if President Donald Trump ever gets tired of teabagging liberals ?

He’s going raw, no condom, pull out for the big mike cox style finish on Democrat’s ass !

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1243 on: January 30, 2020, 05:22:57 PM »
So have the Democrats used the Steele dossier, Mueller report, or Impeachment Inquiry to get rid of President Donald Trump yet ?

Talk about born to lose...it’s like Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, Strawman, and Primeidiot have an aversion to truth and winning.

I watched a bit today, this clown Jeffries conceded that Ukraine had a corruption problem and Trump’s  actions were consistent as he didn’t like giving out foreign aid.

I also saw on Trump Jr.s Twitter that Schiff’s daughter is dating the whistleblower. Meanwhile Schiff claimed to not know his ID.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1244 on: January 30, 2020, 06:48:20 PM »
The GOP must be banking on most of the nation not watching this trial. It seems to me a lot more questions have been raised then answered. You'd think people would want to know the answers, regardless of what way they hope the witnesses' testimonies  go.

If no impeachable offenses have been committed, then what answers are you trying to fit to questions ?

Anyone with a scintilla of sense realizes that this Democrat farce is the absolute low point of politics in the history of the United States.

You soggy old senile queer.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1245 on: January 30, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1246 on: February 01, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »
If no impeachable offenses have been committed, then what answers are you trying to fit to questions ?

Anyone with a scintilla of sense realizes that this Democrat farce is the absolute low point of politics in the history of the United States.

You soggy old senile queer.

Old fart Soggy is totally demoralized ,  :-\

:D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1247 on: February 01, 2020, 12:19:49 AM »
The GOP must be banking on most of the nation not watching this trial. It seems to me a lot more questions have been raised then answered. You'd think people would want to know the answers, regardless of what way they hope the witnesses' testimonies  go.

That's what they're banking on? The public not watching? Like that will make any difference. They're banking on the fact that this was a sham trial and know that the Senate will acquit him. Something everybody on both sides knew. But it seems like
your anally bored-out soggy old queer mind remains clueless.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1248 on: February 01, 2020, 12:34:29 AM »
That's what they're banking on? The public not watching? Like that will make any difference. They're banking on the fact that this was a sham trial and know that the Senate will acquit him. Something everybody on both sides knew. But it seems like
your anally bored-out soggy old queer mind remains clueless.

Let's add Old bugger Saggy as #.16 to that list  ;D

Saggy vs Trump, just imagine that  ::)

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1249 on: February 01, 2020, 08:28:55 AM »
Trump said, "I've done nothing wrong." If this is true, why not let those who are in a position to prove this testify. If this is true, why not turn over all documents exonerating him? He's done nothing wrong. He should therefore have nothing to hide. He should insist the Senate call witnesses and read all relevant documents.

LOL....President Trump kicks the shit out of the loser liberals AGAIN !

And you had such high hopes, you soggy old pedo queer.

DEMOCRATS ARE LOSERS !!!!