Author Topic: Hey Euros, do your countries have fucked up immigration policies too?  (Read 1349 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
there's this kid from India interning at my work.  He's very bright.  almost done with a Ph.D in applied math, and is very Americanized as he has been here for a long time. However, because he has been here for a long time, he is terrified to go home to see his sick dad. His visa is expired, and he is convinced that if he leaves, the US Consulate in his country won't renew it because he has been here so long, which demonstrates an intent to immigrate. Which is apparently bad.  ???

What is wrong with him having an intent to immigrate?  He will be making upwards of 200 grand in a year or so, and will be a huge asset to this country. 

Why the fuck does the State department make life difficult for people like this?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
because they are criminals and one of the worst.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
because they are criminals and one of the worst.

Who's a criminal?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Holland is a banana monarchy, run by criminals.

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
Pretty much anyone can get in or out of here. It's not all perfect when you work here though.
The Dude Abides

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Holland is a banana monarchy, run by criminals.

Piet Hein Donner, one of the biggest criminals in charge.

(Second pic he's sucking Chabal on a cross).

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
Piet Hein Donner, one of the biggest criminals in charge.

(Second pic he's sucking Chabal on a cross).

looks like a respectable guy with a decent bench

burn2live

• Getbig IV
I read an article in my trade union's magazine about a guy from Zimbabwe who had been in the UK since age 16. He is now 19 and studying medicine. After two years in the country he achieved A grades in all his high school exams and qualified for medical school. The government now says he has to leave the country because when he was working a job in a local shop, earning around 80-90 dollars a week and so this proves he wasn't dependent on his step parents. He is understandably distraught because he worked his ass off to get into medical school and if deported he won't be able to continue his education in Zimbabwe. Pretty fucked up

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
people who entered legally a country shouldn't be worried.

Those who came illegaly are riping what they saw, the country isn't against them or anything, it's just that they didn't respect the rules and thought they could go with it.

How is america responsible for him to stay in america with an expired visa ?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
people who entered legally a country shouldn't be worried.[...]

Like.... the pilgrims? The people in the Mayflower?

Bunch of shit I tell you...

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
people who entered legally a country shouldn't be worried.

Those who came illegaly are riping what they saw, the country isn't against them or anything, it's just that they didn't respect the rules and thought they could go with it.

RIGHT.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
::) ::) ::) ::)

foreign students in the us need a valid visa to enter the country, after that their legal status here is determined solely by another piece of paper, usually an I-20 if they are in F1 status.  so one can be here on an expired visa and still considered legal.  in fact, foreign students can visit canada and mexico, and the caribbeans i think, on an expired visa and reenter the country if the visit lasts less than 30 days, it is called automatic visa revalidation.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I read an article in my trade union's magazine about a guy from Zimbabwe who had been in the UK since age 16. He is now 19 and studying medicine. After two years in the country he achieved A grades in all his high school exams and qualified for medical school. The government now says he has to leave the country because when he was working a job in a local shop, earning around 80-90 dollars a week and so this proves he wasn't dependent on his step parents. He is understandably distraught because he worked his ass off to get into medical school and if deported he won't be able to continue his education in Zimbabwe. Pretty fucked up

Makosi from Big Brother UK 2005 was having the same problem...

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
The 'intent to emigrate' is a big thing in the post 9/11 era.

I try to carry minimal luggage, as in only carry-on, as customs officers will whip that out on you if you have too much luggage on you. Also I carry a small file with documentation showing I have a home, car, business and family in my country to also help prove I do not intend to remain. They can refuse you at their own discretion claiming you "intend to emigrate" - which has happened to me before - and this is for vacation or transit. Hate to think of student visas nowdays.