Author Topic: The CNBC debate  (Read 3523 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The CNBC debate
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
He makes a good point, though. We can't really attack China for manipulating their currency when we've been doing it for years.

I was speaking for him personally.    I would easily vote for huntsman.     Like him a ton.   But tonight It it Newt and RP.  

Cain coming on strong at the end.     Perry and Santorum need to drop out.  

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
Ron Paul ended up getting a decent amount of time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 06:53:52 PM »
Ron Paul ended up getting a decent amount of time.

he still comes out top in my mind.   taking out the personality bs, he and newt are the two left standing for me w bachmann in third. 

I don't trust Romney at all, perry is a joke , hunts is good but needs to show traction, etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »
Cain's already apologizing for calling pelosi "Princess nancy".

He's a poor judgment gaffe machine.  I saw newt, romney, rpaul, bachmann, and even Perry acting presidential tonight.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 07:02:30 PM »
Cain's already apologizing for calling pelosi "Princess nancy".

He's a poor judgment gaffe machine.  I saw newt, romney, rpaul, bachmann, and even Perry acting presidential tonight.

Ron Paul, Newt , Bachmann were the best tonight. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »
what was the Perry gaffe they're saying is on par on with stockdale?  something about the dept of energy?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »
what was the Perry gaffe they're saying is on par on with stockdale?  something about the dept of energy?

Was very awkward.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »
Bachmann, Paul, newt  we're the best tonight. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
10:01: “That was a statement I probably should not have made.” — Herman Cain on CNBC post-debate interview (regarding Nancy Pelosi)

10:00: “I’m glad I have my boots on because I sure stepped in it tonight.” — Rick Perry in spin room

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
from my lib friends on face book as a guide - bachmann and Ron Paul did the best. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 07:17:18 PM »

He said he'd eliminate 3 departments, named 2 of them, then joked about the third only for it to turn out that he really did forget it. Had a 5-second gap of silence in there before he said something like "I don't know" and that was that.

Didn't seem like that big a deal to me but he does seem to be forgetful at times.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Rick Perry is done.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
Cain slipped a bit.

he doesn't think much of women.  Calling a person "Princess".... Just not smart.  his crisis mgmt, his decision making... waffling...

Cain isn't presidential material.  Maybe he is, compared with the poor choices remaining, I guess.

Does anyone here blieve we'd ever hear "Princess Nancy" from newt or romney or ron paul?  Of course not.  They're professional statesmen.  Cain is a jester, an entertainer to keep the debates interesting.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »
If I was a betting man I believe I would say Newt actually pulls this out.

Perry is toast after tonight, Cain probably is gone as of a week ago with the (currently) 4 sets of allegations he's dealing with.

Ron Paul has the principles but doesn't have the moxie to actually step out and take the reins in these debates. Nobody cares about Bachman, Huntsman or the other guy.

Romney just isn't liked/accepted by the hard right and I think Newt can dip into that very demographic while at the same time running a "fairly" moderate Republican campaign. He is clever enough to not make any huge gaffes or put himself into a really compromising situation politically.

Just the fact that Newt is polling this high, at this point is amazing to me after his campaign initially seemed to be up in flames before it barely had a chance to start.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 08:00:24 PM »
newt is looking like full of piss and vinegar Yoda. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 08:23:32 PM »

Perry is toast after tonight, Cain probably is gone as of a week ago with the (currently) 4 sets of allegations he's dealing with.

Ron Paul has the principles but doesn't have the moxie to actually step out and take the reins in these debates. Nobody cares about Bachman, Huntsman or the other guy.

Romney just isn't liked/accepted by the hard right and I think Newt can dip into that very demographic while at the same time running a "fairly" moderate Republican campaign. He is clever enough to not make any huge gaffes or put himself into a really compromising situation politically.

Just the fact that Newt is polling this high, at this point is amazing to me after his campaign initially seemed to be up in flames before it barely had a chance to start.

Newt is very quick on his feet. They tried to set him up with that question about his relationship with Fannie and he handled it like a champ. Whether he was telling the truth or not is another question but the moderators thought they had him dead to rights on it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »
Ron Paul followed by newt and bachmann are the best. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »

I didn't watch the debate yet but I can't imagine Newton getting the nomination

If you were a betting man I'm sure you could find someone to give you odds

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »
I missed it.  Is it worth looking for and watching?

I didn't watch the debate yet

Will they rerun it on CNBC or is it online?
R

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 06:53:34 AM »
I missed it.  Is it worth looking for and watching?

Will they rerun it on CNBC or is it online?

Newt and Ron Paul were great.   

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 07:00:49 AM »
Newt and Ron Paul were great.   

Thanks.  I will look for a rerun!
R

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 07:15:28 AM »
I agree. Im getting pissed with Ron. He needs to open his god damn mouth and remind these jerks that it  was him and him alone that discussed the crash long before anyone and that he is the only one that has a detailed plan on how to get the economy going again. He also needs to call them on what their positions were before the crash and how much its changed just recently when its hip to discuss the topics they now back.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
They are dropping like flies to RP.  Notice how all the other candidates are trying to say the same things Paul is now.  About sound money, doctor patient relationship, etc. 

Perry and Cain are done if you ask me.  Now a three way race with Newt, RP, and Romney. 
Live free or die

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »
0:04 to 0:11 = Ron Paul looking at Rick Perry with that shit eating grin thinking "You f'n moron, here you are destroying your campaign for a SECOND time because of your outright stupidity"

In both instances Paul looks at him like he is the dumbest person to ever run for President.