Author Topic: Obama to end "Dont ask, Dont' tell"  (Read 13933 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama to end "Dont ask, Dont' tell"
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:37:30 AM »
Another populist move.  Also will re-energize his pissed off 10% left base.

Completely meaningless in the bigger scheme for 99.9999% of Americans, but it sure does take the news cycles off 'real' news.

Obama's offensive continues. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama to end "Dont ask, Dont' tell"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:40:46 AM »
Another populist move.  Also will re-energize his pissed off 10% left base.

Completely meaningless in the bigger scheme for 99.9999% of Americans, but it sure does take the news cycles off 'real' news.

Obama's offensive continues. 

Yeah 240, Obama's offensive continues:

1.  Against anyone who gets up in the morning and goes to work.

2.  Against all NY'ers.

3.  Against future generations.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »
hahaha again, you're mixing up what is right for america and what is right for winning elections :)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:48:24 AM »
How is this a populist move?Americans have PROVEN time and time again they don't like fags.Its why gay marriage has been on the ballot 31 times and been defeated 31 times.This will piss off the electorate and REAAAALY piss off the military and veterans.Just another example of his radical left wing bullshit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »
Yeah 240, Obama's offensive continues:

1.  Against anyone who gets up in the morning and goes to work.

2.  Against all NY'ers.

3.  Against future generations.

Your Boyfriend and Major General Barry Goldwater disagrees with you and would call you a moron over the Gays in the military issue. :)

criticized the military's ban on homosexuals: "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."[42]  He also said, "You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight."[43]  A few years before his death he went so far as to address the right wing, "Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
hahaha again, you're mixing up what is right for america and what is right for winning elections :)

Bro - he aint winning shit.  He is a marxist/communist radical who wants our nation transformed into a USSR like society.  

Just this morning I attended a business speech with over 300 business owners about the economy, marketing, etc.  

The speaker, a well known business guy who is always on TV etc, said "If you think Obama is going to do anything but hurt your business and the economy, wake the hell up.  Call your congressman and tell them to get the hell out of your way".  

EVERYONE WAS CHEERING AND APPLAUDING!

We have one liberal jewish guy who walked out he was so upset, but that is one out of 300 in this group.

People are not going to take this shit anymore 240.  You are all into the MSNBC spin and hype, but real deal people are sick of this communist fraud.    

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 09:52:23 AM »
Your Boyfriend and Major General Barry Goldwater disagrees with you and would call you a moron over the Gays in the military issue. :)

criticized the military's ban on homosexuals: "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."[42]  He also said, "You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight."[43]  A few years before his death he went so far as to address the right wing, "Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have."

Why dont you ask some soldiers if they want openly gay men in the barracks with them.Once again,we know you love queers,but the rest of the country OBVIOUSLY disagrees as gay marriage is CRUSHED everytime on the ballot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 09:55:57 AM »
This is another side show issue to avoid dealing with the daily failures, lies, dostortions, hoaxes, and treason, of this admn.

If the soldiers want it fine, if they dont want it, fine. 

Its a non-issue to me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
BILLY - 2009 Quinnipac poll:

In a new poll, the Quinnipiac Polling Institute has found that 56 percent of Americans, including 50 percent of voters with family in the military, believe that “the ban on openly gay men and women in the military should be repealed.”

So yes, particularly among the LEFT where obama needs a nice bump with his base, this is politically a wise move.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »
"People are not going to take this shit anymore 240.  You are all into the MSNBC spin and hype, but real deal people are sick of this communist fraud.     "

I know you see me as the personification of MSNBC, but that's not accurate.

Of course he's full of shit and yes, I'm not at all happy about the shitload of taxes I just had to pay :( :( :(  despite making less $ last year. 

But politically, tossing "Dont ask" into the limelight while sneaking in this tax hike on people like us is a smart move.  Hell, FOX is falling for it too.  "Dont ask" is the headline, with smaller story headline about budget underneath it.  They'd also rather appeal to gay like/dislike with viewers (better ratings) than a much more relevant story about the true nature of obama's tax plan.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »
BILLY - 2009 Quinnipac poll:

In a new poll, the Quinnipiac Polling Institute has found that 56 percent of Americans, including 50 percent of voters with family in the military, believe that “the ban on openly gay men and women in the military should be repealed.”

So yes, particularly among the LEFT where obama needs a nice bump with his base, this is politically a wise move.

Obamas base is already with him.As both Mass. and New Jersey proved,independants are SPRINTING away from him and his left wing loon policies as fast as they possibly can.This will drive them further away,the tax increases will drive them off the earth.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 10:02:20 AM »
Obamas base is already with him.As both Mass. and New Jersey proved,independants are SPRINTING away from him and his left wing loon policies as fast as they possibly can.This will drive them further away,the tax increases will drive them off the earth.

I think Scott Brown has the formula personally.  Hard hard right fiscally, socially moderate, and all for capping terrorists. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 10:04:55 AM »
"Obamas base is already with him."

I can look up a LOT of getbig quotes from the last week where many people posted that obama's base is fading rapidly.

I can play clips of Maddow and Ed and Mathews and Olbermann chiding Obama and talking about how his base is pissed.

Or you can keep believing he hasn't alienated his base in the last year.  What do you think, 333386?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »
"Obamas base is already with him."

I can look up a LOT of getbig quotes from the last week where many people posted that obama's base is fading rapidly.

I can play clips of Maddow and Ed and Mathews and Olbermann chiding Obama and talking about how his base is pissed.

Or you can keep believing he hasn't alienated his base in the last year.  What do you think, 333386?

He has alienated a lot of his base, but that is because those communists dont think he has gone far enough.  Go to DU or HP and you would be shocked at what those thieves really wish for Obama to do. 

The more left he goes the happier that freak show is. 

However, he will piss off the center and November 2010 will be a tsunami for the GOP if they run Brown like candidates across the board. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10:47 AM »
They don't have 35 Browns to run.

They dont have 35 issues like healthcare where Brown is magic number 41 to vote against it.

They don't have 35 Coakley's to run against.

Mass was the perfect storm - a mandate on healthcare.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »

They dont have 35 issues like healthcare where Brown is magic number 41 to vote against it.

Not true - Crap & Tax and Terrorists are a bog issue as well.

Additionally - there are many Senate seats now in reach of the GOP.  Just this morning they said in the local news that Schumer and Gillibrand are both highly vulnerable because of the perception that they are sock puppets for obama and dont care about NY. 

This was in NYC! 

240 - I know Obama came to your home town last year anbd gave you a rub and tuck, but for most people, they are FREAKING SICK OF HIS LIES!   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 10:16:30 AM »

Ummm,the democrat party is nothing but Coakleys.From Boxer to Reid  on down,they are all dunces.You add to that a health care bill which I believe democrats will slam through by reconcilliation,this assanine budget,tax increases,incredible unemployment and the overall arrogance of democrats,republicans can run corpses and win.All the republican has to say over and over is 'Im for cutting spending,lower taxes and against health care".As long as they havent killed a boyscout or had sex with a ten year old,they will win.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »
"but for most people, they are FREAKING SICK OF HIS LIES!"

Why is he still at 50% on Gallup today?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »

50% do not show up in midterms.  Only the hardcore voters like Billy, myself, and others show up. 

You would have to shoot me dead to stay home this November. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »

You keep bringing that up as if its a good number.ITS THE LOWEST NUMBER EVER FOR ANY PRESIDENT THIS FAR IN HIS TERM!!The WORST!!!He has also dropped further then any president in history.On top of that he has a media that "forgets hes black" and "gets tingles up his leg" AND STILL dropped like that.Im amazed hes only at 50 the way TIME magazine NBC,CBS,ABC etc. gulps this guys loads everyday.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »
After 1 year in office, Obama is at 50% today 9and bottomed out at 47% before his offensive)

After 1 year:
Clinton 52%
Reagan 49%

Did these guys have any trouble getting re-elected?  You're celebrating too quickly :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »
After 1 year in office, Obama is at 50% today 9and bottomed out at 47% before his offensive)

After 1 year:
Clinton 52%
Reagan 49%

Did these guys have any trouble getting re-elected?  You're celebrating too quickly :(

Unreal 240 - the thing you dont get is that Clinton was saved by triangulating the GOP and the Dems in the congress.  Plus he had the web boom. 

Reagan actually implemented policies likely to work and was a hardcore patriot.  Obama is niether Reagan or Clinton.  He is at best a black Carter and doing things that will result in a fiscal horror show in the next few years.     

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »
Top uniformed officer: Gay ban should be lifted
By ANNE FLAHERTY and ANNE GEARAN

WASHINGTON -- The military's top uniformed officer declared Tuesday that gays should be allowed to serve openly in uniform, arguing that it is "the right thing to do."

Adm. Mike Mullen's statement was the strongest yet from the uniformed military on this volatile issue, although he stressed that he was "speaking for myself and myself only." He told the Senate Armed Services Committee Tuesday he is deeply troubled by a policy that forces people to "lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens."

Mullen said he knows many will disagree about abandoning the "don't ask, don't tell" policy and said there are practical obstacles to lifting the 1993 ban. But he said he thinks the military can handle it. Mullen is chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and chief military adviser to President Barack Obama.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates told the panel he is tapping his chief legal adviser and a four-star Army general to lead a landmark study on how the military would lift its ban on openly gay service members.

Pentagon counsel Jeh Johnson and Gen. Carter Ham, who leads Army forces in Europe, will conduct the yearlong assessment.

Sen. John McCain, the ranking committtee Republican, publicly bristled at the Pentagon's decision to launch a yearlong study into allowing gays to serve, saying he is "deeply disappointed" and calling the assessment "clearly biased" because it presumes the law should be changed.

McCain, the top Republican on the Armed Services Committee, said the current policy is not ideal, but that it has been effective.

McCain said he wanted to hear more from the military on this issue. But Defense Secretary Robert Gates suggested that lawmakers keep the intensity of debate in tow until the military can get a better handle on how to proceed. He told the panel: "Keep the impact it will have on our forces firmly in mind."

Ham is a former enlisted infantryman who rose through the ranks to eventually command troops in northern Iraq in 2004 and hold senior positions within the Joint Staff. Recently, he helped conduct an investigation into the shootings by a soldier at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas.

As the Pentagon's top legal counsel, Johnson has played an integral role into the effort to try to close the military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Gates' announcement marked a measured step toward President Barack Obama's goal of eliminating the military's policy against gays, which is based on a 1993 law.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »
and obama may well be saved by the same thing in congress.  or the gop might implode, as evidenced by the silly tea party meltdown - they got greedy :(

I'm saying you're celebrating too early.  I'd love nothing more than to see Thune win 40 states.  But if the election were held today, the same machine that exposed palin as a dumbass would show up.  Repubs need to be as united as the dems were - and they're not.  They need to be as hungry as the dems were in 08 - and they're NOT.  The infighting shit is weak, the 'we already won back the hosue in 2010 baby!" shit is weak.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »
and obama may well be saved by the same thing in congress.  or the gop might implode, as evidenced by the silly tea party meltdown - they got greedy :(

I'm saying you're celebrating too early.  I'd love nothing more than to see Thune win 40 states.  But if the election were held today, the same machine that exposed palin as a dumbass would show up.  Repubs need to be as united as the dems were - and they're not.  They need to be as hungry as the dems were in 08 - and they're NOT.  The infighting shit is weak, the 'we already won back the hosue in 2010 baby!" shit is weak.

November is 8 months off, which is a long time.  Obama is going to push amnesty ofr illegals, crap & tax, possibly card check, etc. 

The tea party thing is only going to grow, despite the blips.  240 - I have never ever seen my fellow business people so irate with the govt., on all levels. 

I think the GOP will take back the congress personally.  The Dems are onthing more than a communist clown car at their core and people know it.