Author Topic: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers  (Read 283623 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #3000 on: November 30, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »
Absolutely.   Free agents will now FLOOD to los angeles to play for the lakers, now that his albatross of a contract and poison in the locker room is gone.   They'll probably get Melo (trade) AND Durant (free agent) this offseason, with the 2016 NBA tv $.   Toss in Wade, and you have an awesome television product.

They have their sites on Anthony Davis or Cousins.  They hope Russell turns into a Westbrook.  I wouldn't be shocked if they pick up Derick Rose.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3001 on: November 30, 2015, 11:30:29 AM »
So apparently, Micheal Jordan wrote a Letter when he Retired as well

Boy O Boy,  to the very end, he hung on to Jordan's Nut Sack wanting to be 23/45 ERRRR   8/24 ::) ::)

“Dear Basketball, It’s been almost 28 years since the first day we met. 28 years since I saw you in the back of our garage. 28 years since my parents introduced us,” Jordan said in his letter.

“If someone would have told me then, what would become of us, I’m not sure I would have believed them. I barely remembered your name.”

“I know I’m not the only one who loves you. I know you have loved many before me and will love many after me. But, I also know what we had was unique. It was special.”

“So as our relationship changes yet again, as all relationships do, one thing is for sure. I love you, Basketball. I love everything about you and I always will. My playing days in the NBA are definitely over, but our relationship will never end.”

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3002 on: November 30, 2015, 12:11:01 PM »
great player

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #3003 on: November 30, 2015, 12:36:49 PM »

like when he pretended he jumped over a speeding car, come to find out later it was all camera tricks
hahahaha i remember that.

He is incredibly selfish, they rarely mention the fact that he is the NBA's all time leader in missed field goals.

I have never seen so many bricks and airballs in my life.

Thank you Kobe but you were done 2 years ago. 

I love how the people are sad but he is making $25M to ruin the development of Russell and the rest of them. Now that is sad.

No MJ comparisons please, I do not have enough time in the day to expose the Black mambajamba

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #3004 on: November 30, 2015, 12:39:07 PM »
If he had stopped 2 years ago, the comparisons certainly could be made... Certainly he's not better than Jordan.

No one since has been better than Jordan. Everyone knows this, but comparing numerous stats, he's the closest we may ever see.

He's just done.

Age hits everyone. Hit hit Jordan and it hit Kobe.

That's life.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #3005 on: November 30, 2015, 12:49:29 PM »
If he had stopped 2 years ago, the comparisons certainly could be made... Certainly he's not better than Jordan.

No one since has been better than Jordan. Everyone knows this, but comparing numerous stats, he's the closest we may ever see.

He's just done.

Age hits everyone. Hit hit Jordan and it hit Kobe.

That's life.

Hit kobe worse, Jordan dropped 50 when he was 40. jordan was smoking cigars at the time.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #3006 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:10 PM »

Hit kobe worse, Jordan dropped 50 when he was 40. jordan was smoking cigars at the time.

Where Jordan proved his greatness was in his changing game.

When he started to age, he knew he couldn't get off the dribble like he used to. So what did Jordan do? Work out a nice fade away jumper... Something that let him stay on the top without having to run around the youngsters.

He played smart when he got older, and that's what Kobe hasn't done.

Jordan practiced all of the time as well. He lived the game. So when he needed to improve in ways, he practiced and practiced.

He was determined and that's why Kobe can't touch him. Not necessarily innate talent, but in work ethic and drive.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #3007 on: November 30, 2015, 12:59:45 PM »
Where Jordan proved his greatness was in his changing game.

When he started to age, he knew he couldn't get off the dribble like he used to. So what did Jordan do? Work out a nice fade away jumper... Something that let him stay on the top without having to run around the youngsters.

He played smart when he got older, and that's what Kobe hasn't done.

Jordan practiced all of the time as well. He lived the game. So when he needed to improve in ways, he practiced and practiced.

He was determined and that's why Kobe can't touch him. Not necessarily innate talent, but in work ethic and drive.

I can go on for weeks.

The NBA hypes up players so they can sell like MJ. After MJ retired the NBA died in ratings. I think it was Shaq that helped resurrect it. The broken backboards were on every news telecast around the world.

they say Kobe has a high Basketball IQ, I do not see it. the airballs, the ball hogging, takin on 4 defenders and shooting the ball behind the backboard.

in saying that, I would rather have 10 kobes then 1 D wade.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #3008 on: November 30, 2015, 01:01:19 PM »
I can go on for weeks.

The NBA hypes up players so they can sell like MJ. After MJ retired the NBA died in ratings. I think it was Shaq that helped resurrect it. The broken backboards were on every news telecast around the world.

they say Kobe has a high Basketball IQ, I do not see it. the airballs, the ball hogging, takin on 4 defenders and shooting the ball behind the backboard.

in saying that, I would rather have 10 kobes then 1 D wade.

Not at the salary they would all be getting.

He is paid ridiculously for what he brings to the court.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #3009 on: November 30, 2015, 01:04:27 PM »
Not at the salary they would all be getting.

He is paid ridiculously for what he brings to the court.

Yes, you are right.

Kobe isnt paid to win, he is box office. staples center sells out only cause of him, kobe jerseys will sell out etc.

He is just a name now. Asians travel from japan and china to watch Kobe in LA.  Trust me, no one is germany is travelling to watch fucken D wade.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #3010 on: November 30, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
Yes, you are right.

Kobe isnt paid to win, he is box office. staples center sells out only cause of him, kobe jerseys will sell out etc.

He is just a name now. Asians travel from japan and china to watch Kobe in LA.  Trust me, no one is germany is travelling to watch fucken D wade.

That is a valid point. The name is certainly worth something in regards to merchandise.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3011 on: November 30, 2015, 01:41:45 PM »
Yes, you are right.

Whoa, Kobe is only Box Office because he wins and has 5 rings.  No rings no one would give a fuck.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #3012 on: November 30, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »
Whoa, Kobe is only Box Office because he wins and has 5 rings.  No rings no one would give a fuck.

the NBA marketed him well as the new Jordan. Kobe is the biggest name in LA now.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3013 on: November 30, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »
the NBA marketed him well as the new Jordan. Kobe is the biggest name in LA now.

Kobe retiring is funny saying he's done.  He's been done for a while.  It's like cumming in a chick and sitting around for 10 minutes with a limp cock in her and then saying "I came"

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #3014 on: November 30, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
Kobe retiring is funny saying he's done.  He's been done for a while.  It's like cumming in a chick and sitting around for 10 minutes with a limp cock in her and then saying "I came"

Nice analogy.

Kobe was done about 2-3 years ago. NBA is better off without him, Lakers are happy to send him off.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #3015 on: November 30, 2015, 02:15:23 PM »
  They hope Russell turns into a Westbrook. 

I think he is a bust at number 2.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3016 on: November 30, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »

He's still young.  It took Gary Payton and Nash a few years to develop and they played 4 years of college.

The problem is the league is geared towards (athletic) guards now more so than ever, and if you don't come out established you look like a failure. All the recent highly drafted pg's have shown some sort of "special" athleticism or talent right away so Russell looks bad in comparison because he's not an "elite" level athlete compared to the Walls, Westbrook and Rose's and doesn't have the pure skill of a Paul or young DWill.

Factor in Kobe being Kobe and Clarkson being a decent talent makes for 2 strikes against a young player trying to find his way. Let's also not overlook B.Scott being a knucklehead coach, he isn't a groomer of talent, and not letting the kid struggle his way through games.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3017 on: November 30, 2015, 06:05:13 PM »
Yep. Don't forget that the Warriors were looking to trade curry his first couple of seasons. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3018 on: November 30, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »
Yep. Don't forget that the Warriors were looking to trade curry his first couple of seasons. 

This.

His shooting was exceptional, but he was considered small, fragile and slow, lol.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3019 on: November 30, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
This.

His shooting was exceptional, but he was considered small, fragile and slow, lol.
The Knicks could have had him twice.  They promised to draft him but changed their minds for Felton I think. Then the Warriors offered to trade him but the Knicks didn't offer anything. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3020 on: November 30, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
The Knicks could have had him twice.  They promised to draft him but changed their minds for Felton I think. Then the Warriors offered to trade him but the Knicks didn't offer anything. 

The Suns had a deal for him initially, it involved their pick that year and Amari Stoutamire, but the Warriors backed out.

The best is the Wolves that year took BOTH Rubio and Johnny Flynn over Curry..... but he was passed over by 5 other teams, so nobody really knew what he would become.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3021 on: November 30, 2015, 06:44:55 PM »
The Suns had a deal for him initially, it involved their pick that year and Amari Stoutamire, but the Warriors backed out.

The best is the Wolves that year took BOTH Rubio and Johnny Flynn over Curry..... but he was passed over by 5 other teams, so nobody really knew what he would become.

I was a fan of his when he went bonkers in the ncaa tourney cleaning house to close out games. It was obvious the kid was an ice cold killer.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3022 on: December 01, 2015, 06:04:24 AM »
If he has nothing more to give , if he is calling it quits, then why 5 more months of this garbage amature league talent for the high priced ticket fans??

Hey look at me , I'm shooting 30 percent,  and the only shots I make are from the free throw line, but I no longer to to the free throw line because I can't attack the rim anymore so I can't get a foul call so I settle for the 3 shot and nobody cares to defend me cus I'm shooting 30 percent

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #3023 on: December 01, 2015, 06:30:13 AM »
Agree. Said this when they drafted him. Slow, unathletic, average shooter. Nothing about him is good enough to excel. Best hope is to be like Mike Connelly.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3024 on: December 01, 2015, 06:33:02 AM »
If he has nothing more to give , if he is calling it quits, then why 5 more months of this garbage amature league talent for the high priced ticket fans??

Hey look at me , I'm shooting 30 percent,  and the only shots I make are from the free throw line, but I no longer to to the free throw line because I can't attack the rim anymore so I can't get a foul call so I settle for the 3 shot and nobody cares to defend me cus I'm shooting 30 percent

Maybe the Lakers asked him to stay since they're paying him something like $25 million.  Maybe they can recoup some money back on the Kobe Retirement tour.

As for the team of the decade, the Warriors are still crushing it and Curry has ice in his veins in the clutch.  Seriously his shot is pure art.  I bet you from an overhead view the ball enters the net perfectly in center.