Author Topic: *****I'TS OFFICIAL!!!!*****  (Read 5313 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
*****I'TS OFFICIAL!!!!*****
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:09:28 AM »
This is the new Sherdog Heavyweight Rankings for all of MMA.  For those of you who will dismiss it as a biased ranking bought by the UFC, keep in mind that Sherdog and the UFC are at odds and don't like each other.  Most of their writters are not allowed at UFC events.  Also, I personally don't think much of these rankings, but many of you do, so I thought you'd want to see them.

With that said....

CONGRATULATIONS BROCK LESNAR on being ranked #1 AMONG ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS IN MMA!!!!!

After 20 fights and seven and a half years, Fedor Emelianenko’s reign atop the heavyweight division is over.

“The Last Emperor” lorded over the heavyweights for an unprecedented 2,660 days, but it came to an end in just 69 seconds in San Jose, Calif. Fabricio Werdum, viewed as an also-ran and UFC castoff, notched one of the milestone victories in mixed martial arts history with his quick triangle armbar. Now, with the longtime king dethroned, the heavyweight division is poised to take on a new look, especially with a major UFC title fight looming between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin on July 3.

Heavyweight

1. Brock Lesnar (4-1)
While we do not know exactly how Lesnar will look in his return to the cage after his bout with diverticulitis, we do know his foe. Come July 3, he will take on Shane Carwin to unify both halves of the UFC heavyweight mantle in what should be a blockbuster match for the promotion.

2. Fabricio Werdum (14-4-1)
Werdum improbably seized the biggest moment of his career on June 26. It took the grappling star just 69 seconds to end Fedor Emelianenko’s seven-plus-year reign over the heavyweight division. Whether Werdum’s next bout is a rematch against Emelianenko or former victim Alistair Overeem, his victory will remain a massive moment in MMA history.

3. Fedor Emelianenko (31-2, 1 NC)
All good things come to an end. It was March 2003 when Emelianenko upset Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to take MMA’s heavyweight mantle, and 87 months later, it took Fabricio Werdum just 69 seconds to force “The Last Emperor” to tap and concede that top spot. The next step for Emelianenko remains unclear, but the heavyweight landscape has definitely changed.

4. Cain Velasquez (8-0)
Whether one wants to call it a passing of the torch or a coming-out party, Velasquez’s performance against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 110 was short and brutal. In less than half a round, Velasquez destroyed one of MMA’s most historically outstanding heavyweights in easily his most impressive performance to date.

5. Shane Carwin (12-0)
It took almost four minutes -- an eternity by his usual standards -- but at UFC 111 in Newark, N.J., Carwin blew off Frank Mir’s doors in the first round to claim the UFC interim heavyweight title. However, the real championship will be contested July 3, when Carwin meets Brock Lesnar.

6. Frank Mir (13-5)
Mir entered his March 27 bout with Shane Carwin as a slight betting favorite. However, he looked none the part in the cage, as Carwin bashed him with left hands in the clinch and decimated the former UFC champion to take the promotion’s interim title. With it, he took Mir’s chance for a rubber match with Brock Lesnar.

7. Junior dos Santos (11-1)
With five stoppages in five bouts inside the Octagon, dos Santos has put himself right in the UFC heavyweight title mix. “Cigano” might cinch a title shot for the latter stages of 2010 at UFC 117 on Aug. 7, when he meets “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 10 winner Roy Nelson in what should be an entertaining heavyweight tilt.

8. Alistair Overeem (33-11, 1 NC)
The next significant bout for Overeem became obscured in just 69 seconds. Originally thought to be the most attractive opponent for Fedor Emelianenko, the shocking defeat of “The Last Emperor” and his potential rematch with Fabricio Werdum leaves no clear path for Overeem.

9. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1, 1 NC)
“Minotauro” had an army of backers who felt the former Pride and UFC heavyweight champion would put on a vintage performance against Cain Velasquez at UFC 110. However, post-fight discussion centered on whether or not Nogueira still has the physical tools to hang with young, elite heavyweights after Velasquez polished him off in a little more than two minutes.

10. Antonio Silva (14-2)
Ever since he ran roughshod over heavyweights in Europe back in 2005, onlookers expected heavyweight greatness from Silva. On May 15, “Bigfoot” finally took a step toward those expectations, soundly outboxing Andrei Arlovski to a unanimous decision and recording the most important win of his career.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: *****I'TS OFFICIAL!!!!*****
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:19:29 AM »
That almost brings a tear to my eye. Just looking at that is beautiful. About time!

After this weekend, hopefully we will have a new #1 HW.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 12:27:13 PM »
bahhhh

How can you put lessnar (4-1) at #1.. ::) ::)
shitty rankings..
They should put if anything Carwin #1

just shows the rankings as a sham..
 ::)

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »
This is the new Sherdog Heavyweight Rankings for all of MMA.  For those of you who will dismiss it as a biased ranking bought by the UFC, keep in mind that Sherdog and the UFC are at odds and don't like each other.  Most of their writters are not allowed at UFC events.  Also, I personally don't think much of these rankings, but many of you do, so I thought you'd want to see them.

With that said....

CONGRATULATIONS BROCK LESNAR on being ranked #1 AMONG ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS IN MMA!!!!!

After 20 fights and seven and a half years, Fedor Emelianenko’s reign atop the heavyweight division is over.

“The Last Emperor” lorded over the heavyweights for an unprecedented 2,660 days, but it came to an end in just 69 seconds in San Jose, Calif. Fabricio Werdum, viewed as an also-ran and UFC castoff, notched one of the milestone victories in mixed martial arts history with his quick triangle armbar. Now, with the longtime king dethroned, the heavyweight division is poised to take on a new look, especially with a major UFC title fight looming between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin on July 3.

Heavyweight

1. Brock Lesnar (4-1)
While we do not know exactly how Lesnar will look in his return to the cage after his bout with diverticulitis, we do know his foe. Come July 3, he will take on Shane Carwin to unify both halves of the UFC heavyweight mantle in what should be a blockbuster match for the promotion.

2. Fabricio Werdum (14-4-1)
Werdum improbably seized the biggest moment of his career on June 26. It took the grappling star just 69 seconds to end Fedor Emelianenko’s seven-plus-year reign over the heavyweight division. Whether Werdum’s next bout is a rematch against Emelianenko or former victim Alistair Overeem, his victory will remain a massive moment in MMA history.

3. Fedor Emelianenko (31-2, 1 NC)
All good things come to an end. It was March 2003 when Emelianenko upset Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to take MMA’s heavyweight mantle, and 87 months later, it took Fabricio Werdum just 69 seconds to force “The Last Emperor” to tap and concede that top spot. The next step for Emelianenko remains unclear, but the heavyweight landscape has definitely changed.

4. Cain Velasquez (8-0)
Whether one wants to call it a passing of the torch or a coming-out party, Velasquez’s performance against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 110 was short and brutal. In less than half a round, Velasquez destroyed one of MMA’s most historically outstanding heavyweights in easily his most impressive performance to date.

5. Shane Carwin (12-0)
It took almost four minutes -- an eternity by his usual standards -- but at UFC 111 in Newark, N.J., Carwin blew off Frank Mir’s doors in the first round to claim the UFC interim heavyweight title. However, the real championship will be contested July 3, when Carwin meets Brock Lesnar.

6. Frank Mir (13-5)
Mir entered his March 27 bout with Shane Carwin as a slight betting favorite. However, he looked none the part in the cage, as Carwin bashed him with left hands in the clinch and decimated the former UFC champion to take the promotion’s interim title. With it, he took Mir’s chance for a rubber match with Brock Lesnar.

7. Junior dos Santos (11-1)
With five stoppages in five bouts inside the Octagon, dos Santos has put himself right in the UFC heavyweight title mix. “Cigano” might cinch a title shot for the latter stages of 2010 at UFC 117 on Aug. 7, when he meets “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 10 winner Roy Nelson in what should be an entertaining heavyweight tilt.

8. Alistair Overeem (33-11, 1 NC)
The next significant bout for Overeem became obscured in just 69 seconds. Originally thought to be the most attractive opponent for Fedor Emelianenko, the shocking defeat of “The Last Emperor” and his potential rematch with Fabricio Werdum leaves no clear path for Overeem.

9. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1, 1 NC)
“Minotauro” had an army of backers who felt the former Pride and UFC heavyweight champion would put on a vintage performance against Cain Velasquez at UFC 110. However, post-fight discussion centered on whether or not Nogueira still has the physical tools to hang with young, elite heavyweights after Velasquez polished him off in a little more than two minutes.

10. Antonio Silva (14-2)
Ever since he ran roughshod over heavyweights in Europe back in 2005, onlookers expected heavyweight greatness from Silva. On May 15, “Bigfoot” finally took a step toward those expectations, soundly outboxing Andrei Arlovski to a unanimous decision and recording the most important win of his career.

The rankings lost creditbility...
they didnt even wait for the lessnar vs. Carwin fight... ;D

James

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »
2. Fabricio Werdum

7. Junior dos Santos

Fabricio ahead of Junior Dos Santos   ???

I don't agree.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »
Fabricio ahead of Junior Dos Santos   ???

I don't agree.

agree
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
bahhhh

How can you put lessnar (4-1) at #1.. ::) ::)
shitty rankings..
They should put if anything Carwin #1

just shows the rankings as a sham..

You really need to pick up a new sport. You obviously have no idea how MMA rankings work.

I will agree that there is room for improvement here, but I'll take it!

If things go as planned, Carwin will be #1 by Saturday evening.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »
are you saying Brock with his 4-1 record should be #1 ????

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »
How does it even make sense that Velasquez is 8-0, Carwin 12-0 and Velasquez is ranked above him? :S

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 04:43:04 PM »
Bahahaha, Strikeforce has 2 of the top 3 HWs in the world! All these rankings show is that the UFC HW division is full of mediocre HWs. Throw Overeem in at #4 where he should be and then UFC has 3 of the top 5. LOL!

Shows how awful the HW talent is when a 4-1 fighter who has fought nothing but cans and overrated products of UFC marketing is #1. Hope Brock enjoys his 3 days as #1.  ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Bahahaha, Strikeforce has 2 of the top 3 HWs in the world! All these rankings show is that the UFC HW division is full of mediocre HWs. Throw Overeem in at #4 where he should be and then UFC has 3 of the top 5. LOL!

Shows how awful the HW talent is when a 4-1 fighter who has fought nothing but cans and overrated products of UFC marketing is #1. Hope Brock enjoys his 3 days as #1.  ::)

UFC has the #1 ranked fighter in every weight class.  Enough said.

BTW, it has already been firmly established that half of Fedor's wins were over complete cans.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 04:51:59 PM »
UFC has the #1 ranked fighter in every weight class.  Enough said.

BTW, it has already been firmly established that half of Fedor's wins were over complete cans.

You're still trying too hard. Pump the brakes and give it another shot. The 5,000 posts you've logged about Fedor in the last 72 hours tells me that you're more obsessed with him than anyone else on here.

What's the matter? You ask to suck Fedor's dick like you did Dana but he rejected you?  ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 05:19:26 PM »
You're still trying too hard. Pump the brakes and give it another shot. The 5,000 posts you've logged about Fedor in the last 72 hours tells me that you're more obsessed with him than anyone else on here.

What's the matter? You ask to suck Fedor's dick like you did Dana but he rejected you?  ;D

I win.  You lose. :)
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 05:31:43 PM »
I win.  You lose. :)

Win what? The internet? Congratulations, LOL. The 5,000 posts you've logged about Fedor in the last 72 hours tells me you didn't win anything but the scorned child award.

Not much more going on for creepy 40-year-olds, I guess.  :-\

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »
Win what? The internet? Congratulations, LOL. The 5,000 posts you've logged about Fedor in the last 72 hours tells me you didn't win anything but the scorned child award.

Not much more going on for creepy 40-year-olds, I guess.  :-\

I'm, not 40.
I've posted a dozen or so Fedor related posts
I was right all along.  You were wrong.

Hahhah!
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
Nice try, clown. Saying Fedor is overrated for 3+ years while he wins 99% of his fights in the meantime only proves that you're a retard. You can sing your own praises all you want but in the end everyone but your gimmick knows that you don't know jack shit about MMA. Truth hurts, TUF'er.  :)

You're really boring to even bother addressing. It's much funnier sitting back and watching you deny your Fedor obsession while logging 5,000 posts in 3 days about him.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »
BTW, it has already been firmly established that half of Brock's wins were over complete cans.

How's that look?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »

Shows how awful the HW talent is when a 4-1 fighter who has fought nothing but cans and overrated products of UFC marketing is #1. Hope Brock enjoys his 3 days as #1.  ::)

The UFC has fighters ranked #1 in every division. The rest really is irrelevant.
Give it up chump...The UFC has the best fighters in the world. It is now FACT!

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 12:53:50 AM »
wow 4-1 over a 31-2.... pure logic... some mathematicians on that website...
even allistar and nog.. these placings seem logical.. some brainaics there

lestners record is something of non believers ..... 4 and 1 fighting cans... wow... what a superstar!!
real men= no rubbers

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 03:19:03 AM »

QFT !!!!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 03:37:23 AM »
haha frank mir ahead of JDS...no way...
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 06:15:04 AM »
wow 4-1 over a 31-2.... pure logic... some mathematicians on that website...
even allistar and nog.. these placings seem logical.. some brainaics there

lestners record is something of non believers ..... 4 and 1 fighting cans... wow... what a superstar!!

The quality of the opponents has a lot to do with rankings as well. It is not just about the number of wins or their record.

Besides, when  you get demolished in the first half of the first round by a #10 ranked guy, your placings are going to drop.

Fedor was owned by a #10 guy. Plain and simple. IMO a #3 ranking is being VERY generous.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 09:06:34 AM »
The quality of the opponents has a lot to do with rankings as well. It is not just about the number of wins or their record.

Besides, when  you get demolished in the first half of the first round by a #10 ranked guy, your placings are going to drop.

Fedor was owned by a #10 guy. Plain and simple. IMO a #3 ranking is being VERY generous.

Your 4-1 champ is not #1 .... stop ball licking so hard the UFC...

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »

Your 4-1 champ is not #1 .... stop ball licking so hard the UFC...

Brock is currently ranked #1.

How does that feel, knowing that a 4-1 ex WWE super star is ranked higher than you over-hyped Russian sham artist?

IMO Fedor will never be ranked #1 again. BWAHAAHHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :o

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »
only on sherdog...  ::)

other websites are waiting to see how the Carwin vs. lessnar fight goes..

4-1  ::)
wow your the only one that is impressed by the ranking's  ::)