Author Topic: 12-12-06: Titus escape plan foiled!  (Read 5959 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
12-12-06: Titus escape plan foiled!
« on: December 12, 2006, 10:26:40 AM »
 Escape plan ;D

:( Has everybody gone crazy. Craig Titus is going to walk out of the Las Vegas slammer a free man. I've never seen the DA & Fuzz try so hard to get a guy for trash, than in this case. Their murder case must be pitiful.

Titus subject of escape investigation

By GLENN PUIT
REVIEW-JOURNAL

Bodybuilder Craig Titus was the subject of an attempted escape investigation at the Clark County Detention Center in October after he approached an officer in an attempt to get his hands on a police uniform, the director of the jail said Monday.

Mikel Holt, deputy chief of detention services at the jail, said Titus approached an officer at the jail and asked how he could get a special uniform that police use for tactical responses. Titus told the officer he didn't want a traditional corrections uniform because "he didn't think he would fit in it."

The episode resulted in detention center officials placing Titus in administrative segregation more than a month ago. When Holt was asked Monday why he thought Titus would have sought out such a uniform, he said there was "an attempt to leave us without the proper release paperwork."

Titus' attorney, Marc Saggese, confirmed Monday that Titus did ask an officer about the uniform, but he said Titus was joking.

"He says it is a running joke in the jail ... 'Let me get one of those uniforms,'" Saggese said. "He was absolutely kidding."

Saggese also said jail officials knew Titus was joking, but they are "now using it as an excuse to pick on him."

Titus, 42, and his fitness champion wife, Kelly Ryan, 34, are charged with murder in the death of their personal assistant, Melissa James. They are accused of killing the 28-year-old woman, then setting her remains on fire in the trunk of Ryan's Jaguar in the desert off state Route 160 in December 2005.

Both are in custody at the detention center and are scheduled to go to trial in April.

On Saturday, the Review-Journal reported on another incident involving Titus at the Detention Center approximately two weeks ago. In a letter sent by Titus to Saggese, Titus said he was removed from his cell by officers, strapped to a chair, had goggles placed over his face, and was then forced to lie in a cell at gunpoint during a "code orange" at the jail. Titus said he was stripped naked, and that two female corrections officers later observed him "butt naked" as they checked his vital signs. Titus said the incident has since caused him to fear for his life and given him nightmares.

"I'm very scared right now," Titus wrote in the letter. "For the first time in my life, I'm actually terrified. I need your help, my friend. But I'm also scared to even tell you in fear they may do something else to me."

Holt confirmed Monday the incident happened, but said proper procedure was followed. Holt said the episode was triggered by a man climbing onto a rooftop at the detention center and tampering with air ducts, and the location was a few stories directly above Titus' jail cell.

"They were going on the assumption we had some kind of security breach," Holt said.

As a precaution, Titus was removed from his cell.

"They followed their security procedures for a high security move with an unknown situation," Holt said.

Holt said it was later determined the man tampering with the air ducts was engaged in vandalism, and the incident was not an attempt aimed at helping Titus escape. He also said the interactions with Titus on the day in question were videotaped as proof that proper procedure was followed.

"Everything is done for a reason," Holt said, adding, "We videotape all this and we also have medical take a look. ... You don't videotape things you are trying to hide."

a

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: Titus escape plan (New 12/12)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:33 AM »
Kelly is going to be pissed she wasn't there to give the two correctional workers, the females, a good tounge lashing.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: 12-12-06: Titus escape plan foiled!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 06:38:51 PM »
The cops here is vegas are so corrupt.  Tommy, CT may just walk!
Most are all show no go!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »
How is that procedure?

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 10:53:26 PM »
The cops here is vegas are so corrupt.  Tommy, CT may just walk!
Thanks for this unbeLIEVable bit of news, Tommy.  I agree with you
and Chainsaw that sometime soon legal grounds for CT's release
might be forthcoming.  And it just might be lurking in that videotape.
Oh, the humiliation of being emBAREassed on police tape like that.
Suddenly, CT's becoming a sympathetic character.  I believe, even
in his grisly case, that ANY proovable evidence of police corruption
will guarantee a not-guilty verdict for him.  Think O.J.  Think Rodney King.
Think Titus.

of police corruption

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:40 AM »
How is that procedure?

Christ, that avatar is amazing

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 09:36:47 AM »
Yes, Ramazon, I'm thinking the same about this Titus case. One way or another he is gonna get off the hook.

This trial delay givse him ample opportunity to rattle his cage and look good in the process.

But on the other side of the coin, there are some tuff old timers in Las Vegas who might be on that jury and see through the bullshit that the defense might use in an effort to get him off.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 10:14:14 PM »
I don't believe Titus will get off on anything.  Beyond the fact that he'd been undeniably involved in disposing the body, he and Kelly have made very damning statements to multiple unrelated witnesses regarding the pre-death events.  The prosecutor will have a fairly easy time on this one.  In short: Craig and Kelly f*cked up. and now they're on some tricky ground.

Parting ways with Boozang was a dumb mistake.  I think that he (Boozang) may have been thinking about a 'drug-induced insanity'-type defense for Craig.  It would have been the very best bet under such circumstances.  At this point, the current defense is probably trying to create/manufacture/conjure various evidence to show that Melissa had been out of control with her drug use, and that she'd been known to have near overdoses in the past.  It will be done to create suspicion that the actual cause of death was self-induced.

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 09:58:37 AM »
That is so hot. I wish I was naked, strapped to a chair with two female correctional officers looking at my naked body. I'd have popped a rod instantly.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 04:35:45 PM »
That is so hot. I wish I was naked, strapped to a chair with two female correctional officers looking at my naked body. I'd have popped a rod instantly.

;D ;D
a

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 08:46:21 AM »
 :o :o :o

shockandawe

• Getbig II
  • Tiny dogs are like tiny food - just more fun
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 03:05:19 PM »
Sadly, I don't even know how to place an avatar, let alone one that jiggles and shakes!!  ;D ;D