Author Topic: Incredible police BS (12/23)  (Read 7115 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Incredible police BS (12/23)
« on: December 23, 2006, 10:50:44 AM »
Read what the cops tried (2/3 down the article). Incredible.  ;D Their murder case against Craig must be absolutely nonexsistant.

Titus seeks new judge

Legal battle is defense tactic that could slow case

By GLENN PUIT, REVIEW-JOURNAL

Bodybuilder Craig Titus appears in Clark County District Court in April. Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, are accused of killing their personal assistant, Melissa James, last year and burning her body to cover up the crime.

Craig Titus is trying to get District Judge Jackie Glass kicked off his murder trial in a move that could slow down the prosecution of the nationally known bodybuilder.

In a court motion filed this week, Titus' defense attorney, Marc Saggese, accused the judge of engaging in a prohibited conversation with a prosecutor and another attorney about an alleged murder-for-hire plot in Titus' case.

In an affidavit filed Thursday, Glass said her actions were completely proper.

The prosecutor in question, Robert Daskas, said that long before his meeting with the judge, Titus was recorded by police in jailhouse phone calls talking about doing everything he could to prevent Glass from presiding over his murder trial.

"We will be able to conclusively demonstrate Craig Titus was willing to go to great lengths to get his case transferred to the courtroom of another district court judge, including, among other things, hiring Steve Wolfson, Judge Glass' husband, (as Titus' defense attorney) for the sole purpose of creating grounds for Judge Glass' recusal," Daskas said.

"He was considering this months in advance of any alleged improper meeting, and I will prove it through Craig Titus' own words," Daskas said.

The legal fight over Glass presiding as the judge in the case is an aggressive defense tactic by Saggese and Titus, a former Mr. Olympia competitor. Titus, 42, and his wife, fitness champion Kelly Ryan, 34, are charged with killing their personal assistant, Melissa James, in December 2005 at their southwest Las Vegas home.

According to authorities, the couple killed James, then burned her body in the trunk of Ryan's Jaguar off state Route 160. Titus and Ryan initially lied to police about how James had ended up dead in Ryan's car, but they later told police that James had overdosed at their house and they had panicked and burned the body.

A third defendant, Anthony Gross, is accused of helping the couple dispose of James' body.

Complicating the case was the revelation in October that an acquaintance of Titus', Nelson Brady Jr., was arrested on charges of trying to hire a hit man to kill three witnesses in the case, including Gross.

Authorities have voiced suspicions that Titus was behind the murder-for-hire plot, but he has not been charged.

According to police and court records, the allegations lodged by Titus against Glass are related to the murder-for-hire investigation. When authorities suspected that Titus was involved in the plot, they carried out an extensive investigation to try to prove it.

The police had Gross pose as a corpse in the trunk of a car, and they took photos of him. Police planned to send the photos to Titus with the hope that he would wire money to an account to pay for the hit man.

To make it appear as if Gross had really disappeared, the police cut an ankle bracelet that he was required to wear while on house arrest and flew him to Chicago.

Gross' supervising house arrest officer, Sgt. Rick Hamilton, had not been told of the police ruse. He wrote Glass on June 22, telling her that he believed Gross had fled and that he was pursuing a warrant for his arrest.

On June 26, Daskas and an attorney for Gross, James Oronoz, met with Glass about the matter. According to a Las Vegas police report, "Glass was informed of the actual circumstances regarding Gross' disappearance and his current location/status."

In his court motion, Saggese said the meeting was improper and prejudiced his client. Under Nevada judicial rules, a judge cannot meet with one party of a case unless the other parties of that case are present.

Saggese said Titus' and Ryan's attorneys at the time were not invited to the meeting. Furthermore, he said, he suspects Glass was told that Titus might be involved in a plot to kill Gross.

A little more than a month later, Glass denied important legal motions for Titus and Ryan that sought to dismiss the charges against the couple. At the time, Glass did not mention her meeting with Daskas and Oronoz.

"Knowledge of that investigation couldn't do anything but impact her neutrality," Saggese said. "It's only human."

In his motion, Saggese seeks Glass' removal from the case. It also seeks a chance to re-argue Titus' and Ryan's legal motions in front of another judge.

But in an affidavit filed Thursday, Glass said Saggese's allegations aren't accurate.

"I was not advised of the actual circumstances regarding Mr. Gross' disappearance. ... I was told by Mr. Daskas and Oronoz that Mr. Gross had not absconded and that I did not need to issue a warrant," Glass said.

"I do not believe that I acted improperly, and I believe I can be fair and impartial," Glass said.

Glass also said that she had not been served with the motion seeking her recusal, as is required by statute, and that she learned about it only when the Review-Journal called court spokesman Michael Sommermeyer to ask what Glass' response was.

Sommermeyer said the motion to have Glass taken off the case will be heard by Chief Judge Kathy Hardcastle.

In Saggese's opinion, judicial rules make it clear that the meeting of the judge, the prosecutor and Gross' attorney means that Glass cannot preside over the case. Saggese said he is prepared to litigate the matter to the Nevada Supreme Court, if necessary.

"This isn't a discretionary recusal," he
a

shockandawe

• Getbig II
  • Tiny dogs are like tiny food - just more fun
Re: Incredible police BS (12/23)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 02:38:40 PM »
Tommy,
Bro, I know you're Craig's bud, and that's cool, and it must be upsetting and everything when you side with a friend...BUT... I fear you're believing all of this Sagesse hype. He's a poor, poor attorney, to be honest (from everything I"ve read -- a real ambulance chaser and someone who is very much like Titus in personality) and Glass has an impeccable record and is tough on crime. I think just the opposite of you... they have a LOT on him, but don't want any stupid technicality to get in the way of what will surely put him away for life.

Look, if you know Titus, you know he absolutely wants those three dead. And I believe, based on many things I know about him over the years, despite at one time having been his friend, he is capable of everything he is accused of doing, and then some. I think we're just now seeing the "and then some" and the consequences of that.

This is not just some tempest in a teacup between Titus and Duchaine or Titus and Kamali - cops, detention officers, judges, etc. don't mess around. WE just aren't used to seeing it actually take place.

Titus should, and will, go away for life and that's that. He's a bad man who cannot be rehabilitated. 

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:46:06 PM »
Well put. Sir Shockandawe ;)

Tommy,
Bro, I know you're Craig's bud, and that's cool, and it must be upsetting and everything when you side with a friend...BUT... I fear you're believing all of this Sagesse hype. He's a poor, poor attorney, to be honest (from everything I"ve read -- a real ambulance chaser and someone who is very much like Titus in personality) and Glass has an impeccable record and is tough on crime. I think just the opposite of you... they have a LOT on him, but don't want any stupid technicality to get in the way of what will surely put him away for life.

Look, if you know Titus, you know he absolutely wants those three dead. And I believe, based on many things I know about him over the years, despite at one time having been his friend, he is capable of everything he is accused of doing, and then some. I think we're just now seeing the "and then some" and the consequences of that.

This is not just some tempest in a teacup between Titus and Duchaine or Titus and Kamali - cops, detention officers, judges, etc. don't mess around. WE just aren't used to seeing it actually take place.

Titus should, and will, go away for life and that's that. He's a bad man who cannot be rehabilitated. 
pain day

Jay5683

• Getbig III
  • Keep hope alive Craig
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »
I agree with Shockandawe.  Everone viewed the police videos and viewed the absolute proper care and precautions the jailers took with him.  After seeing that video I could not see how his attorney could try and beg for a reaction from the ACLU.  I mean the fucking ACLU supports everything, i.e. MAMBLA or NAMBLA what ever group that lets old men thinking it's OK to fuck little children.  My point is that they are trying every desperate tactic to try and set Craig free.  Unfortunately Craig is not in the hall of fame and does not have OJ Simpson's money!

Tommy,

fk pigdunkbell

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »

The police had Gross pose as a corpse in the trunk of a car, and they took photos of him. Police planned to send the photos to Titus with the hope that he would wire money to an account to pay for the hit man.

To make it appear as if Gross had really disappeared, the police cut an ankle bracelet that he was required to wear while on house arrest and flew him to Chicago.

Cops do some shady stuff.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:00:25 PM »
Tommy,

You're right about a few points S & A. Time will tell on the others.

I've seen and been the target of so much police/DA/FBI misconduct, that I almost always want the pigs to lose... regardless of the facts.

When OJ walked, I fell to the ground laughing. We partied for 10 days. When that Jon Bennet Ramsey freak walked, I laughed for an hour. When Sandy Murphy walked, after killing Ted Binion, I flew to Vegas to find her and party (we did). I know her attorney. When Michael Jackson walked, I went to a bar and put $20 in the jukebox and played nothing but Michael Jackson songs, and I don't like MJ.

I despise the Man and always will. Does that make any sense? No, to most people it doesn't, but it does to me. It's just the way it is, and it'll never change.

Tom-
a

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 12:35:35 AM »
Not many of us like the police or dea or fbi. but if titus killed her then he should pay. overdose i doubt it- otherwise they would have just called the cops and explained. something else went down.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »
Not many of us like the police or dea or fbi. but if titus killed her then he should pay. overdose i doubt it- otherwise they would have just called the cops and explained. something else went down.

Agreed.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »

Yeah its like this, most dont like the cops cause they harras and fuck with you and if you do drugs like weed or anything like that you aint gonna like the cops. But murders and rapists and child molesters. thats why we have the cops and i hope fucks like that get everything they deserve. reason i couldnt be a cop i would be there judge jury and executioner before w egot to the station...

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 06:04:13 AM »
You're right about a few points S & A. Time will tell on the others.

I've seen and been the target of so much police/DA/FBI misconduct, that I almost always want the pigs to lose... regardless of the facts.

When OJ walked, I fell to the ground laughing. We partied for 10 days. When that Jon Bennet Ramsey freak walked, I laughed for an hour. When Sandy Murphy walked, after killing Ted Binion, I flew to Vegas to find her and party (we did). I know her attorney. When Michael Jackson walked, I went to a bar and put $20 in the jukebox and played nothing but Michael Jackson songs, and I don't like MJ.

I despise the Man and always will. Does that make any sense? No, to most people it doesn't, but it does to me. It's just the way it is, and it'll never change.

Tom-
Saggase worked on Murphy's second defense trial that ended in aquital.
Most are all show no go!

shockandawe

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 11:57:28 PM »
Tommy,
Yeah bro, I can sympathize. I know that police tactics aren't always in line with what is ethical, to say the least.... They really skate just on the rim of the law, if that, to get things done and really fracture rules where they can. No arguments there, bro. And I feel for you and your troubles if, indeed, they were true hassles that you didn't deserve. Targeting of any kind is something I actually hate.

In fact, I'm sure it will be unpopular for me saying this, because I am certainly not for child molestation of any kind, but I have to say, those fuckin' Primetime sting ops where guys come to meet the chick, etc... who is supposedly 15 or whatnot and represented herself as an adult... I think it's the most unconstitutional shit I've ever seen..and so manufactured it reeks. It also ruins the lives of those who might just show up to see for themselves who they were talking to. I think that's wrong and very hard to prove true intent. But they act like just showing up is intent and it's actually not.

But this is so different.

So, I'm not saying I think what went down with Gross was right. HOWEVER, I also think that none of that Gross crap would have gone down if it weren't for hard evidence about Titus' involvement in a murder-for-hire plot. They don't pull that shit out of their asses. And this paranoia about Titus being railroaded... I mean, sheeeeeeit, when was Titus EVER railroaded for anything. He's not victim, he's the perpetrator. Always has been and always will be. Even as much as I used to think it was funny in the past when he would get all colorful in his descriptions of things like that. Hell, I've done a lot of interviews with the guy, and he was amusing before he killed a woman.

For the record, I do think it's a damn shame that Titus, who on a good day - back in the day - was a pretty funny, great guy to be around, fucked up and took too many drugs and shit, and did some heinous acts. Mostly too bad for Kelly, regardless of who is guiltier. BUT fact is, he did. And she did. And they did. And Melissa is dead. That can't be taken back or refuted. There is so much friggin' evidence against those two - I mean, weirder things could happen, but I don't think it's going to happen. It's just too damning and they just aren't rich and famous. Besides, look how he cannot shut his trap! Believe me, Sagesse hasn't seen the limits of his own patience until he sits at a table with Titus chiming in during court sessions. No one likes that Titus and he'll fuck up in court and be beligerant, and NOT make himself attractive to jurors. You know this about him, even on a good day. His mouth - if in fact they have taped ALL of these conversations about the judge and trying to get her off the case, etc. etc etc... ad nauseum... If that actually did get spoken - it's just one more example of how he could have gotten off, maybe, but fucked his chances with his big mouth. It continually gets him in so much trouble it's almost comical! I mean, I've never met anyone who can do himself less good favor than Titus! Honestly. It's almost like some bad joke or something.... like some  weird "Who's on First?" in a parallel universe.
CEEEE-RIST!

Well bro, time will tell. I'm not hating on anyone for their views. I just think that Titus' attorney is basically collecting fees for something that is untenable. This is really the best example of a guy who took the straight and narrow (sagesse) and one who didn't (titus) being twins who were separated at birth. Dude is just like my man Titus.... just has a degree, a closetfull of suits and a nice car and house.
I would think if he were a good attorney, even he wouldn't touch Titus, because I don't think that any truly good attorney would find his case appealing. A drop in the bucket to finance a new house, maybe, but a real FEATHER in his CAP???? NAH...  If I were an attorney, I would run from Titus for fear it might tarnish my reputation and make me look cheap.  Look at Boozang. He did just that...and he's a very fine attorney. Eventually, maybe this guy will too. And my position is, if he doens't, then he's just like Titus, only in a suit.

IICents

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 01:58:52 PM »
Yeah its like this, most dont like the cops cause they harras and f**k with you and if you do drugs like weed or anything like that you aint gonna like the cops. But murders and rapists and child molesters. thats why we have the cops and i hope fucks like that get everything they deserve. reason i couldnt be a cop i would be there judge jury and executioner before w egot to the station...

I applaude everytime the cops arrest a weedhead, cokehead or someone drinking and driving.   I find it sickening that others root against cops.  I suppose those dumbasses that root against the cops have never known anyone killed by a drunk driver.  99% of cops are damn good men, a larger percentage than any other group of men.

Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 05:59:22 PM »
Tommy, why do you hate them?

I have 6 personal friends who are police officers, two of whom have saved lives under hazardous conditions. All six of them are great individuals in and out of uniform and all of them train and never eat do-nuts even when I send a few dozen Krispy Kremes to the station.

Those whom I know personally are great guys.

But I have to admit that I hated those highway patrol guys when I got that speeding ticket in a local school district and one additional time after a New Year's Eve celebration that found me passed out behind the steering wheel on the side of a busy highway. (I hate it when anyone wakes me up from a deep sleep.)

But I changed my attitude a short while later when my neighbor's 3rd grade son was seriously injured (not killed) outside that same school where I got that ticket.

On that second occasion (NY's eve), they sobered me up a bit at the station and impounded my car and gave me a ride home. It took a while but I got over that one too.

Did you have similar problems or something more serious?

I do have to admit that I do know a couple of fat cops who I would like to hand over to you one day. But only one or two and I think it's maily a personality disorder on their part.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 01:33:42 PM »
They tell the guys they are 12 or 13 and the losers still say VERY crude stuff to them and usually send pics or videos.    Yeah, they are showing up to see who they are talking to.  ::)    They can prove intent very easily.

Agreed give me a F*CKING break why would anyone who is 18 or above be showing up to a 14 or 15 year olds house anyways let alone a F*CKING grown man... pure shit.. most of the guys talk very detailed about sex... and then they also bring drugs or alchahol and sometimes even condoms KY Jelly and shit like that... Dudes like that should be lined up in a cage and we the people should get to beat these sick fucks to death. Or they should have their penis' cut off. and then let go... second time it happens you die... bottom line.. You cant say these idiots are really just show up to see who their talking to.. yeah the girl said she was 13 or 14 but really she is 29.. Gimmie a FUCKING break. Let me guess you must have been on one of these shows. And you thought the girl was playing a joke on you....

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 07:57:48 AM »
i've seen that tv special where they have the cybercops pretend to be young kids, and oh boy the guys who show up for an alleged encounter!  what wimpies!
X

shockandawe

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 01:58:16 PM »
Agreed give me a F*CKING break why would anyone who is 18 or above be showing up to a 14 or 15 year olds house anyways let alone a F*CKING grown man... pure shit.. most of the guys talk very detailed about sex... and then they also bring drugs or alchahol and sometimes even condoms KY Jelly and shit like that... Dudes like that should be lined up in a cage and we the people should get to beat these sick fucks to death. Or they should have their penis' cut off. and then let go... second time it happens you die... bottom line.. You cant say these idiots are really just show up to see who their talking to.. yeah the girl said she was 13 or 14 but really she is 29.. Gimmie a FUCKING break. Let me guess you must have been on one of these shows. And you thought the girl was playing a joke on you....

Dude, that's so sad and small-minded of you. Just because I find that situation dicey, improbably, manufactured and a set up (all of which is true, btw), doesn't mean I'm one of them. Get some objectivity and perspective. You can feel however you want to feel about it, but let others feel as they want to, without name calling.  That's such faulty logic. It's like saying, "A dog has four legs....a chair has four legs... that must mean a dog is a chair".  Not to intelligent, sorry to say.  But your meltdown suggests you might have known a few priests in your days as an altar boy, otherwise, you might not be so damned sensitive. 

shockandawe

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 02:00:11 PM »
You very well may be an incarnation of some uptight Quaker who directed the drownings at the witch trials in Salem, MA
You definitely don't have the ability to ever become a lawyer, that's for sure. And very emotional for a man.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 10:40:13 PM »

Cops do some shady stuff.

I am no fan of the Police because I think many (not all) abuse their authority.However,I don't think taking a fake picture like that is "shady" at all. That sounds like smart police work if you ask me...If Titus was involved and had taken the bait it would certainly make their case against him(if they had one,I believe he hasn't been charged )air tight.