Author Topic: KELLY RYAN PREPARES TO ROLL OVER ON TITUS...  (Read 18504 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
KELLY RYAN PREPARES TO ROLL OVER ON TITUS...
« on: March 29, 2007, 07:55:14 AM »
As posted late last night on the Titus-Ryan board by TK (which most of us never look at), it appears that Kelly may be about to flip on Craig.

BODYBUILDER CASE: Battered wife issue raised

Attorneys dispute whether Ryan still backs husband

By GLENN PUIT
REVIEW-JOURNAL

Kelly Ryan's lawyer said Tuesday that the national fitness champion is a battered woman, and he plans to tell a jury that Ryan was under the control of her husband, bodybuilder Craig Titus, when the couple's personal assistant turned up dead in the desert.

Attorney Greg Denue said he is now seeking a court order to have Ryan examined by an expert on battered woman syndrome, and he also plans to argue at Ryan and Titus' murder trial that Ryan did whatever Titus wanted her to do because she was an abused spouse.

"She (Ryan) agrees with my defense," Denue said. "Her actions were done under the duress of Craig Titus, and she's finally starting to see the light."

Denue also announced Tuesday he's seeking to have Ryan tried separately from Titus, and he wants to have Titus' lawyer, Marc Saggese, kicked off the high-profile murder case for visiting Ryan at the Clark County Detention Center even though he's not Ryan's attorney.

"His visits have made him a witness in this case," Denue said.

But an attorney seeking to replace Denue as Ryan's attorney said Denue is wrong, and that Ryan has no interest in blaming her husband for the fate of their personal assistant, Melissa James.

"That is completely inconsistent with what I've heard from her," Michael Cristalli said. "It's not true."

The battered woman allegations surfaced Tuesday amid a battle over which lawyer will represent Ryan.

Ryan had a thriving career as one of the world's top women's fitness athletes. Titus is a nationally known bodybuilder who competed in the Mr. Olympia contest. The husband and wife are accused of killing James in December 2005 at the couple's posh southwest Las Vegas home, then setting James' remains ablaze in the desert off State Route 160.

Titus and Ryan have denied killing James.

The fitness stars told police they found James dead of a drug overdose in their home, and instead of simply reporting the overdose to the police, they panicked and set James' body on fire to avoid negative publicity.

Last month, it seemed as if Denue was being sacked as Ryan's defense attorney in favor of Cristalli. It would have been the second time since Ryan's arrest that she has fired her attorney.

However, before Denue was ousted, it was learned that his proposed replacement was Cristalli, the partner of Titus' defense attorney, Saggese.

Denue has since claimed that Titus, through Saggese, is seeking to control his wife's legal defense. Specifically, after Cristalli sought to represent Ryan, Cristalli and Saggese said Ryan and Titus had signed a joint defense agreement, meaning they had agreed to pursue a similar defense strategy at trial.

District Judge Jackie Glass, however, ruled that Cristalli would not be allowed to represent Ryan, saying having two law firm partners representing co-defendants in the same murder case presented a conflict of interest.

Cristalli and Saggese are now appealing Glass' decision to the Nevada Supreme Court, saying it is ultimately Ryan's choice as to who will represent her.

Denue said Tuesday it is true that Ryan originally wanted to fire him, but she is now having second thoughts. Instead, Ryan wants to leave it up to the Nevada Supreme Court as to who will represent her.

"She wants it to play out in front of the Supreme Court, and she believes whatever happens is God's will," Denue said.

Denue on Tuesday filed the motions seeking to have Ryan tried separately from Titus and to have Saggese tossed off the case.

"Craig Titus found the sock puppet lawyer he has been searching for in Marc Saggese," Denue wrote in the motion. "When three of this town's top lawyers ... refused to dance to Titus' tune, he choreographed their removal. Now, because Denue likewise refuses to dance the Titus two-step, he too is targeted for legal amputation by Titus and his errand boy, Saggese."

Denue wrote that Saggese is seeking to have Ryan "sacrificed at the altar of Craig Titus" and that when Glass appointed veteran attorney William Terry to meet with Ryan, Terry concluded the joint defense agreement was "essentially an unenforceable contract."

Saggese on Tuesday night countered that Denue is attacking him because Denue doesn't want to be taken off the high-profile case, and that Denue's problems with Ryan resulted from the attorney never visiting with Ryan at the Clark County Detention Center.

"I feel sorry for him," Saggese said of Denue. "It's an act of desperation. It's not my fault he didn't have the competence to represent her. Kelly Ryan literally cried to me in desperation to have a lawyer really represent her. He is lashing out at me because of his shortcomings as an attorney. If he was a good lawyer, he'd be her lawyer."

Saggese also confirmed Tuesday that Clark County prosecutor Robert Daskas has given him notice that he plans to call Saggese as a witness in the case, but Saggese said he will never testify in the Titus-Ryan trial.

"I think Denue conspired with Daskas to eliminate me from the case," Saggese said. "I would never practice law for a second, ever again, for the rest of my life, if I was in some way forced to testify against Kelly Ryan or Craig Titus. I would give up all I have or ever will have to stand by the attorney-client privilege. No person, no entity, and no agency could ever get me to testify against my client."

Because of the unresolved dispute over who will be Ryan's lawyer, Glass canceled Titus and Ryan's previously scheduled April trial date. A new trial date was not set.

BigNationRadio.com

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: KELLY RYAN PREPARES TO ROLL OVER ON TITUS...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »
Bye Bye Craigers - atleast you made her lick her own sh it off your c ock  :D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:57:16 AM »
sounds like a good plan, if i was her attorney i'd suggest the same thing.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 07:57:52 AM »
I assume he was the one behind it, and she should roll over on his ass.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:04:36 AM »
That it's taken this long's a good measure of his control over her.

Deltissimus

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:07:37 AM »
she shouldve sung like a canary a long time ago

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »
They're both losers. She is just as guilty as he is for not reporting it. Aiding & abedding. For all we know she probably was the one who torched the body. He is a class "A" imbecile.

PB

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:28:13 AM »
that's fcuk up. whatever happened to "till death do us part"
Get Big, or Die Trying

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 08:28:59 AM »
A death sentence?

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 08:29:07 AM »
were you the guy from cell no. 909 who jacked off titus?
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 08:38:32 AM »
:(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 08:48:53 AM »
Ed, May I express a thought? I so rarely get one. You're no Denny Crane.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=137618.0

Denny Crane, legal genius.

Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 09:06:12 AM »
Ed, May I express a thought? I so rarely get one. You're no Denny Crane.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=137618.0

Denny Crane, legal genius.
I just found out who Denny Crane is. I don't watch 'Boston Legal' because it's a carryover from 'The Practice' and that show was about as realistic as a reality show. But I am a huge William "Look at those Lats" Shatner fan.

Here is a lost Shatner clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq4K8LTgZHk

Special "Scotty" Ed

BigNationRadio.com

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 09:14:43 AM »
I just found out who Denny Crane is. I don't watch 'Boston Legal' because it's a carryover from 'The Practice' and that show was about as realistic as a reality show. But I am a huge William "Look at those Lats" Shatner fan.
You'll do anything to get me into bed.

I have an erection. That's a good sign. I'm ready to go to trial. Lock and load.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 10:19:44 AM »
It is.  Melissa James is DEAD.  Every man for themselves.  Ryan needs to become a stool pigeon.
Truly STOP WHINING

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 10:28:19 AM »
As shitty as this may sound...who here would actually do any different if you were in Kelly's shoes? This sounds like a pretty open and shut case, and they're looking at life in prison if not the death sentence. The battered wife bullshit is her only angle to get some sort of lesser sentence.

As far as them being married, in love, and death till us part bullshit...let's get serious. They fucking murdered someone!!! Does anyone think that any of their vows of marriage mean anything when they both conspire to kill someone??

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 10:38:12 AM »
even if she was a battered wife she still deserves a very stiff sentence, I say life sentence

daddy warned her about craig

E
E

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »
even if she was a battered wife she still deserves a very stiff sentence, I say life sentence

E

HURL GARBALDO!!!!!!

How are you doing bozo?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 10:40:30 AM »

E
wazz up hurl gurbaldo ::)..have you seen redline yet? ::)
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 10:42:19 AM »
HURL GARBALDO!!!!!!

How are you doing bozo?
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha man i love that name 'hurl gurlbaldo'hahahaahah
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »
are you two the same because you both constantly follow me with the "wazzup hurl garbaldo" line ???

E
E

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »
are you two the same because you both constantly follow me with the "wazzup hurl garbaldo" line ???

E
wazz up hurl gurlbaldo ::)
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »
It is.  Melissa James is DEAD.  Every man for themselves.  Ryan needs to become a stool pigeon.

lol....it's gonna be interesting to see if these two will turn against each other, shit, when everything is set and done, I think Titus will be the one at the end of the rope.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »

E
Debussey invented the name.

Sushant Kapur/The Shadow = copycat.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 10:47:37 AM »
I wonder if he'll follow me for the next 3 years, right soldat ;)

E
E