Author Topic: Liberal bias in the media?  (Read 3121 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Liberal bias in the media?
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »
Yeah...I know dems have the market cornered on morals and values right.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »
Suing would just give the story a longer lifespan.  He's better doing what he did:  hold a press conference, make his denial, get on with his campaign.  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
I think he did the right thing...he said he was disappointed as opposed outraged..he can let the talk radio surrogates do that. He did well enough
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 03:22:58 PM »
Yeah...I know dems have the market cornered on morals and values right.

::)  You guys are the ones who make the big "morals" and "values" song and dance, and then look the other way as soon as it bites you in the ass.  Big surprise there.  Should call it the "Hypocritical" Party....would be more accurate.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »
I need more proof then the word of the Grey Lady. U guys have all looked the other way on Obama.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 05:51:07 PM »
240, whenever I read your posts, you strike me as a really well-intentioned person with very little real world experience.

The NYTimes has had its info for a while and just sat on the story until Romney, Huckabee got knocked out.

The story was very well-written. Even the great Bob Bennett- now McCain's lawyer, formerly clinton's- is not going to be able to do anything about it.

The only way more info comes out is if McCain takes legal action, which he won't, because although he is a dirty, dirty bastard, he has a skill for survival (think cockroach). 

lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »
mccain's lawyer bob bennet said they won't be suing the NY Times.

-MSNBC hardball 2/21/08

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »
mccain's lawyer bob bennet said they won't be suing the NY Times.

-MSNBC hardball 2/21/08

Hard to sue the truth.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »
This train is headed to Uglyville.  8)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 08:30:47 AM »
He could...slander is hard to prove...actually Decker should weigh in...but these cases take forever. I think they will work the media and hope it goes away.
I forgot almost everything from the bar exam re defamation suits except for this:  McCain would have a libel suit and those are winnable.  Carol Burnett kicked the ass of the National Enquirer for libel. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »
Yeah..but it takes time. This was a hit piece pure and simple. Unnamed sources....come on. Nobody can prove anything. The editor sat on this thing because his people couldn't prove anything. Plus the two sources in the piece were said to be disgruntled ex-McCain people. I think this thing is dead. The angle that she had influence on him is the big deal and nobody is banging on that. Its be proven un-true. They have dozens of examples where he voted the opposite of her position. I think this was a case of a woman caught up with her job and Mccain's people did their job by making sure she didn't damage him.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »
Yeah..but it takes time. This was a hit piece pure and simple. Unnamed sources....come on. Nobody can prove anything. The editor sat on this thing because his people couldn't prove anything. Plus the two sources in the piece were said to be disgruntled ex-McCain people. I think this thing is dead. The angle that she had influence on him is the big deal and nobody is banging on that. Its be proven un-true. They have dozens of examples where he voted the opposite of her position. I think this was a case of a woman caught up with her job and Mccain's people did their job by making sure she didn't damage him.
I don't think McCain wants to tackle this in a public forum.  He already has a character history of admitted adultery which doomed his first marriage.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 09:40:57 AM »
Democrats can hardly make adultery an issue in this campaign, particularly if it happened 20 or 30 years ago.  They've already made it pretty much irrelevant after Bill Clinton and turning a blind eye to the infidelities of the mayors of L.A., S.F., and Detroit. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 09:43:30 AM »
The current editor of the NYT left is wife 20 yrs for his then pregnant mistress in 1999. I guess when ur a left winger those facts don't matter.

Is he running for public office?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 09:44:11 AM »
Right.  And if the editor of NYT was running for president, and he gave our tax dolalrs to those companies represented by that mistress, then yes, that is a problem.

Remember - no sensible person cares if he cheated/flirted/whatever.  We care if he handed millions of dollars over to her clients because she spent so much time playing on the private jet with him.

100% correct. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 09:47:35 AM »
Suing would just give the story a longer lifespan.  He's better doing what he did:  hold a press conference, make his denial, get on with his campaign.  

Agreed.  This story has no legs.  It will have run its course within a few weeks or less.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »
The media isn't liberal.

I think I've been through this several times.

The major media outlets are owned by Trans National Corporations.

However, the media favors sleaze. Nothing new there.

Look at the Clinton-Lewinsky affair.

Whether or not McCain cheated is irrelevant IMO.

Look at France, their Presidents have had mistresses on the side without it affecting their capability to be presidents.

And the supposed affair is not even going on today.

Lets move on people.
As empty as paradise

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 04:41:20 PM »
The media isn't liberal.

I think I've been through this several times.

The major media outlets are owned by Trans National Corporations.

However, the media favors sleaze. Nothing new there.

Look at the Clinton-Lewinsky affair.

Whether or not McCain cheated is irrelevant IMO.

Look at France, their Presidents have had mistresses on the side without it affecting their capability to be presidents.

And the supposed affair is not even going on today.

Lets move on people.

Have you looked at Sarkozy's approval ratings lately?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »
Have you looked at Sarkozy's approval ratings lately?

Sarkozy is going to marry Carla Bruni. Big difference.

He is divorcing and re-marrying.

And she isn't his mistress.

Look at France historically, and you'll see that the ability of the president to rule the country has in no way been affected by whether or not he's had a mistress.

And the public didn't care.

As empty as paradise

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »
Sarkozy is going to marry Carla Bruni. Big difference.

He is divorcing and re-marrying.

And she isn't his mistress.

Look at France historically, and you'll see that the ability of the president to rule the country has in no way been affected by whether or not he's had a mistress.

And the public didn't care.

Sarkozy married her a few weeks ago.

The public (in France, or in the US) doesn't care as long as it's discreet. 

FDR, for instance, had several women he was associated with....and guess what? We didn't care either.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 05:48:25 PM »

Maybe Clinton and other Prime Ministers are able to have affairs and run the country but how can anyone really trust a person that can't even stay true to his commitment to the one person they said they would love and charish forever? It's not they are divorced, they are having affairs. If they can't be honest and faithful to a person they commited to, what chance do the people have that that same person will do the right thing when inticed by lobbyists, money, power, etc...as President?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 05:55:07 PM »

Maybe Clinton and other Prime Ministers are able to have affairs and run the country but how can anyone really trust a person that can't even stay true to his commitment to the one person they said they would love and charish forever? It's not they are divorced, they are having affairs. If they can't be honest and faithful to a person they commited to, what chance do the people have that that same person will do the right thing when inticed by lobbyists, money, power, etc...as President?

I don't want to take anything away from those who can keep the big vows they make, but....

No mature adult expects perfection from another human being. 

But you don't expect outrageous behavior either.  That was Clinton's error....picking indiscreet (to put it mildly....hello trailer trash) women, and then compounding the problem by lying like a teenager.  After that,  it's impossible for people to respect you. 

The same thing happened to an extent with Sarkozy ....in contrast to Mitterand or FDR.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
I don't want to take anything away from those who can keep the big vows they make, but....

But you don't expect outrageous behavior either.  That was Clinton's error....picking indiscreet (to put it mildly....hello trailer trash) women, and then compounding the problem by lying like a teenager.  After that,  it's impossible for people to respect you. 

The same thing happened to an extent with Sarkozy ....in contrast to Mitterand or FDR.

I don't care what my neighbors do as long as it doesn't affect me, but shouldn't we expect more from the people that run the country and make decisions that affect everyone else's lives?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:56 PM »

LOL... imagine if clinton had come right out when asked and said "None of your damn business".

No perjury, no impeachment, and a lot of ppl would have respected him more.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »

I agree with this. 

I also think people in positions of public trust--which includes pretty much all elected officials--are held to a higher standard.