Author Topic: CDN Town Tells Immigrants They Can't Stone Women...  (Read 4311 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: CDN Town Tells Immigrants They Can't Stone Women...
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 06:01:37 PM »
Just curious what you've seen.  I've seen the man with the whistle calling the errant womenfolk in niqabs when they were toodling too far behind, and another smacking some woman on the street, but that's about it. Granted, it's galling to see.

Lol Beach, maybe, but I don't think so, since they've said they welcome anyone. They are opposed to extreme values, and Sharia law was mentioned.  Xenophobia means fear of things foreign. People often say some Americans are xenophobic because they distrust or fear anything non-American without knowing anything about what they fear. In the case of this town, they would be willing to share a falafel with you, they just don't want to see women wearing shrouds, abused, etc...

hmmm... not sure exactly what this means?

In all honesty it was probably more rhetoric than a question I needed answering.  Regardless of this, what I meant is that Islamic people seem to have more of a problem integrating into a western society than any other culture I can think of.  I can't imagine Christians in Pakistan being warned off stoning others.
Thread Killer

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 06:10:50 PM »
Just curious what you've seen.  I've seen the man with the whistle calling the errant womenfolk in niqabs when they were toodling too far behind, and another smacking some woman on the street, but that's about it. Granted, it's galling to see.

sorry i didn't saw your post, i was writing:

man i saw that too, a father smacking his kids, i mean badly, woman got slapped in the face, in stores spiting on the floor , walls (actually i had a store and i saw a kid who spitted in a wooded box i was selling), washing their feets in the sink when everybodys a waiting, a man kissing another woman when the wife wasn't looking, yelling at each others...........all the time

they are driving without license, plates on the car you name it!

i'm not racism at all, but those peoples....... can't stand them!!!
are you delusional?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 07:39:18 AM »
Lol Beach, maybe, but I don't think so, since they've said they welcome anyone.

Some welcome.   :-\