Author Topic: Pacquiao Vs Mayweather Set For March 13  (Read 767 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Pacquiao Vs Mayweather Set For March 13
« on: December 04, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »
Manny Pacquiao looks set to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr on March 13 after agreeing to a proposal from Bob Arum.

Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz said Arum presented the fighter with the proposal at a two-hour breakfast in Manila on Friday.

"The requests of Manny were so realistic that Arum doesn't feel it's a problem and it's pretty much a done deal," Koncz said.

The Filipino legend, who is running for president in his home nation, has some requests of his own that require some ironing out, although trainer Freddie Roach believes they will be no obstacle to the fight the world wants to see.

"We talked to Arum and he had the March date and May 1 available and Manny chose the earlier date because of the elections in the Phillipines, and I can't wait to get started," Roach told Sky Sports News.

"It'll be the biggest fight of all time, the biggest pay-per-view event of all time and my main sparring partner will be Amir Khan.

"There's always negotiations, like he (Mayweather) wants 10oz gloves we want 8oz gloves, stuff like that, the weight he wants is 154lb, we want 147, so there's some issues but I think it can be solved.

"It's a tough fight because his style does give us difficulties, and we need to draft a plan for a new strategy. Yes, it's a tough fight but it's a fight Manny wants."

Both fighters have claims to the right to be called the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, and it appears matters will be settled sooner, rather than later.

SizZ

• Getbig II
Re: Pacquiao Vs Mayweather Set For March 13
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »
Pacquiao FTW
SizZ

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 06:19:39 PM »
I like Floyd, but this is one of those fights he's going to delay via hand injury or sparring cut.  All great fighters do this when there is a chance they can lose. Oscar (Quartey and Vargas)and Tyson (Holyfield twice!!!)were the kings of this.
((-::

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 07:34:21 PM »
I dont believe Manny Pacquiao can win this but if he somehow does Id imagine he would be rated among the top 2 boxers of all time

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »
This will be the toughest fight ever for Pac

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »
I dont believe Manny Pacquiao can win this but if he somehow does Id imagine he would be rated among the top 2 boxers of all time
No one thought he'd TKO Oscar, Hatten or Cotto. So who knows.   I am not a big fan of either but both proven themselves when put to the test.  
((-::

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:10:59 PM »
Pacman cant fight him at 154, he wont win at 147 but 154 is madness for him and Floyds team know it. They shouldnt take the fight unless its 147, Floyd will be 20 pounds heavier than him on the night at 154, at 147 prob 10 to 12 heavier, Pac needs the 8oz gloves too, hes not going to outbox Mayweather he needs to knock him out, it isnt going to happen, but he needs to give himself every chance of doing so if he lands some shots.