Author Topic: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?  (Read 91554 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?
« Reply #525 on: June 06, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »
I'll wager there will be something extra in that cake that was made unwillingly.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #526 on: June 06, 2019, 03:00:14 PM »
I'll wager there will be something extra in that cake that was made unwillingly.

lol.  I dated this girl once who was always very demanding with servers, complained about food, etc.  I was like, can you not do that when you're with me?  They're going to spit in our food.  lol

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: June 06, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »
lol.  I dated this girl once who was always very demanding with servers, complained about food, etc.  I was like, can you not do that when you're with me?  They're going to spit in our food.  lol

This happens. It doesn't encourage eating out.  >:(

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2019, 06:32:56 PM »
This happens. It doesn't encourage eating out.  >:(
Be polite and you probably won't have to worry about it. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: June 10, 2019, 02:43:41 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/10/anti-lgbt-baker-tells-fox-news-that-jesus-wants-me-to-deny-cakes-to-gay-couples/

Anti-LGBT baker tells Fox News that Jesus ‘wants me’ to deny cakes to gay couples

By David Edwards
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:23 EST
Fox News host Elisabeth Hasselbeck

A Colorado baker on Tuesday told Fox & Friends host Elisabeth Hasselbeck that he would be willing to go to jail after a judge ordered him to serve gay couples, saying that opposing same sex marriage is “who I am.”

Last week, administrative law judge Robert N. Spencer ruled that Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips must “cease and desist from discriminating” against LGBT couples because he refused to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple last year.

On Tuesday, Hasselbeck welcomed the baker in a Fox & Friends “Death of Free Enterprise” segment, including friendly screen titles like “Bake Shop Shakedown” and “So Much For Freedom.”

“Does becoming a business owner mean you have to check your convictions at the door?” Hasselbeck asked. “Why is it important for you to have a business and not have to abandon personal religious beliefs just to make a buck?”

“I believe that’s what God’s designed for me to do,” Phillips explained.

Attorney Nicolle Martin, who is representing Phillips, added that “if the government can force you to violate your beliefs under the threat of a jail sentence, there’s really no freedom they can’t take away, Elisabeth.”

For his part, Phillips pledged that he would go to jail before selling a wedding cake to gay or lesbian couple.

“You know, if that’s what it takes,” he said. “It’s not like I have chosen this team or that team. This is who I am, it’s what I believe.”

“Do you feel as though you are forfeiting your own rights and being forced, in other words, to participate in their wedding by making a cake for them?” Hasselbeck wondered.

“They would be taking away my rights to do what I do as a business owner, as an American citizen,” Phillips insisted. “And as a follower of Jesus Christ, I don’t believe that’s what he wants me to do. And so my priorities would be towards my faith rather than towards my safety or security.”

“We wish you well,” Hasselbeck said in conclusion.

=========================================================

Personally, I think it's sad that anyone is anti-LGBT, but it is their right to dislike it... Why a gay couple would even WANT to give their business to a baker that doesn't like them is beyond me.

The fact that a judge can FORCE you to do something you don't want to do with YOUR OWN BUSINESS is absolutely disgusting.

It's as bad as telling people who you can and can't marry in the first place.

And here we go again. 

Third Discrimination Suit Filed Against Masterpiece Cakeshop
June 6, 2019

DENVER (CBS4) – Attorneys for a Denver woman greased the pan for yet another legal battle against a Lakewood bakery already burned around the edges from a series of heated civil rights fights. Jack Phillips, owner of the Masterpiece Cakeshop, refused in 2012 to bake a wedding cake for Charlie Craig and David Mullins, a same-sex couple from Denver, on the basis of his religious beliefs.

That case rose through the court system, culminating in a year ago in a 7-2 decision from the United States Supreme Court partially in favor of Phillips. The justices did not rule on the larger issue of whether businesses can invoke religious objections to refuse service to gays or lesbians, but did decide the bakery owner had been subjected to anti-religious bias by a state civil rights agency.

The latest lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Denver District Court on behalf of Autumn Scardina by attorneys Paula Greisen and John McHugh.

Scardina had filed a previous lawsuit against Phillips following her request for a cake – an order she placed the day of the SCOTUS ruling. Previous reports say Scardina’s order was for a cake celebrating her gender transition.

Thursday, Greisen called it an order for a birthday cake.

Regardless, Scardina’s initial lawsuit was not successful.

“The second round was dismissed, frankly, without our input,” Greisen told CBS4. “They disregarded Ms. Scardina and the merits of her claim.”

The newest lawsuit claims Phillips discriminated against Scardina and used deceptive and unfair trade practices.

“The dignity of all citizens in our state needs to be honored. Masterpiece Cakeshop said before the Supreme Court they would serve any baked good to members of the LGBTQ community. It was just the religious significance of it being a wedding cake,” Griesen said. “We don’t believe they’ve been honest with the public.”

In the complaint’s text, Scardina’s attorneys cite testimony in previous court proceedings: “Mr. Phillips, for himself and on behalf of Masterpiece Cakeshop, confirmed that they would happily make the exact same cake requested by Ms. Scardina for other customers.”

Phillips, contacted at the bakery Thursday, said he suspected further legal activity was cooking.

A formal statement was later distributed on his behalf by Alliance Defending Freedom senior counsel Jim Campbell, whose firm represented Phillips in the Supreme Court case:

“A new lawsuit has been filed against Masterpiece Cakeshop that appears to largely rehash old claims. The State of Colorado abandoned similar ones just a few months ago. So this latest attack by Scardina looks like yet another desperate attempt to harass cake artist Jack Phillips. And it stumbles over the one detail that matters most: Jack serves everyone; he just cannot express all messages through his custom cakes.”

People rally for Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cake in Colorado, outside the US Supreme Court before Masterpiece Cakeshop vs. Colorado Civil Rights Commission is heard on December 5, 2017 in Washington, DC.
(credit: Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images)

When the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission showed anti-religious bias when it sanctioned Phillips, Phillips filed a federal lawsuit against the state and its Commission.

Subsequently, both sides agreed to drop all litigation and pay their own attorney fees.

This latest lawsuit demands payment of unspecified damages through a jury trial.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/06/06/discrimination-lawsuit-lakewood-jack-phillips-masterpiece-cakeshop/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #530 on: June 10, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »
And here we go again. 

Third Discrimination Suit Filed Against Masterpiece Cakeshop
June 6, 2019

DENVER (CBS4) – Attorneys for a Denver woman greased the pan for yet another legal battle against a Lakewood bakery already burned around the edges from a series of heated civil rights fights. Jack Phillips, owner of the Masterpiece Cakeshop, refused in 2012 to bake a wedding cake for Charlie Craig and David Mullins, a same-sex couple from Denver, on the basis of his religious beliefs.

That case rose through the court system, culminating in a year ago in a 7-2 decision from the United States Supreme Court partially in favor of Phillips. The justices did not rule on the larger issue of whether businesses can invoke religious objections to refuse service to gays or lesbians, but did decide the bakery owner had been subjected to anti-religious bias by a state civil rights agency.

The latest lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Denver District Court on behalf of Autumn Scardina by attorneys Paula Greisen and John McHugh.

Scardina had filed a previous lawsuit against Phillips following her request for a cake – an order she placed the day of the SCOTUS ruling. Previous reports say Scardina’s order was for a cake celebrating her gender transition.

Thursday, Greisen called it an order for a birthday cake.

Regardless, Scardina’s initial lawsuit was not successful.

“The second round was dismissed, frankly, without our input,” Greisen told CBS4. “They disregarded Ms. Scardina and the merits of her claim.”

The newest lawsuit claims Phillips discriminated against Scardina and used deceptive and unfair trade practices.

“The dignity of all citizens in our state needs to be honored. Masterpiece Cakeshop said before the Supreme Court they would serve any baked good to members of the LGBTQ community. It was just the religious significance of it being a wedding cake,” Griesen said. “We don’t believe they’ve been honest with the public.”

In the complaint’s text, Scardina’s attorneys cite testimony in previous court proceedings: “Mr. Phillips, for himself and on behalf of Masterpiece Cakeshop, confirmed that they would happily make the exact same cake requested by Ms. Scardina for other customers.”

Phillips, contacted at the bakery Thursday, said he suspected further legal activity was cooking.

A formal statement was later distributed on his behalf by Alliance Defending Freedom senior counsel Jim Campbell, whose firm represented Phillips in the Supreme Court case:

“A new lawsuit has been filed against Masterpiece Cakeshop that appears to largely rehash old claims. The State of Colorado abandoned similar ones just a few months ago. So this latest attack by Scardina looks like yet another desperate attempt to harass cake artist Jack Phillips. And it stumbles over the one detail that matters most: Jack serves everyone; he just cannot express all messages through his custom cakes.”

People rally for Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cake in Colorado, outside the US Supreme Court before Masterpiece Cakeshop vs. Colorado Civil Rights Commission is heard on December 5, 2017 in Washington, DC.
(credit: Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images)

When the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission showed anti-religious bias when it sanctioned Phillips, Phillips filed a federal lawsuit against the state and its Commission.

Subsequently, both sides agreed to drop all litigation and pay their own attorney fees.

This latest lawsuit demands payment of unspecified damages through a jury trial.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/06/06/discrimination-lawsuit-lakewood-jack-phillips-masterpiece-cakeshop/

After the Deepwater Horizon disaster, Obama ordered all deep water rigs shut down. 
One energy company sued at great cost and time to overturn the order and won. 
Obama then issued another order to close the rigs, requiring the energy company to
sue again at great cost and time to prevail.

The Left don’t care about the rule of law; they are the “by any means necessary” mob. 
If they think you’re evil, you’re continually fair game.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2019, 04:29:27 PM »
After the Deepwater Horizon disaster, Obama ordered all deep water rigs shut down. 
Obama then issued another order to close the rigs, requiring the energy company to

The Left don’t care about the rule of law; they are the “by any means necessary” mob. 

It’s The Left & Their Agenda that are Evil.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: June 10, 2019, 05:54:21 PM »

With "evil" being anyone who has a different viewpoint. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: June 10, 2019, 09:20:28 PM »
Be polite and you probably won't have to worry about it. ;)

I am always polite, particularly to restaurant staff. People who act like they are the shit, make me want to puke. Also, I tip 20% or better.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #534 on: June 10, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »
I am always polite, particularly to restaurant staff. People who act like they are the shit, make me want to puke. Also, I tip 20% or better.

Same here.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #535 on: June 11, 2019, 07:42:29 AM »
While I believe the free market should be the one that evaluates this baker's behavior, it's complete hypocrisy from the left to be outraged by this, but ingore the censorship and demonitization that youtube/twitter are doing to conservative pundits, and letting Hamas, and other local leftist who are openly calling for acts of violence, exist on the platform.
Y

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: June 11, 2019, 11:19:23 AM »
While I believe the free market should be the one that evaluates this baker's behavior, it's complete hypocrisy from the left to be outraged by this, but ingore the censorship and demonitization that youtube/twitter are doing to conservative pundits, and letting Hamas, and other local leftist who are openly calling for acts of violence, exist on the platform.

That’s the Hypocrisy & Madness of Leftist Brain Disorder.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: June 11, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »

I do too, if the service warrants it.  I just tipped about 60 percent this past weekend because we occupied a table for over two hours without ordering a ton of food and our waitress was outstanding. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #538 on: June 12, 2019, 04:34:27 PM »
I remember about 10 years ago I was at IHOP all by myself.  I had a really good waitress and she got dined & dashed by a couple who happened to be of colour.  She was very upset, crying and distraught but still trying to provide me and her other table great service.  Her manager was a guy(not literally) and was probably going to make her pay for it and feel like shit.  I cannot remember how much I left only that I know it covered their meals, mine plus a hefty tip.  I might have given her 2 $50's.  The look on her face and the other waitresses really made me feel good/proud.  Not sure what triggered this memory, but I need to do more good deeds.  I miss that feeling.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #539 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:03 PM »
but I need to do more good deeds.  I miss that feeling.
You can start by voting Trump 2020 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #540 on: June 17, 2019, 01:20:11 AM »
Good for you! Class move Dos!

I recently left a 10 tip on a 10 meal at Waffle House.
The waitress was great and told me she had just graduated high school .
I congratulated her and left the tip without saying anything else.

I tried to get a job at Waffle House, but they told me that I have too many teeth.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #541 on: June 17, 2019, 01:39:17 PM »
The correct term is " TEEF"  ;D

My enunciation probably over qualified me too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: June 17, 2019, 03:37:06 PM »
Round and round they go.

Supreme Court tosses ruling against bakers who refused cake for gay couple
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

The U.S. Supreme Court threw out a ruling against two Oregon bakers who refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

The Supreme Court on Monday threw out a ruling against two Oregon bakers who refused to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

The couple, Melissa and Aaron Klein, cited religious beliefs as their reason for not providing services for a gay wedding. This touched off the latest in a series of such cases making headlines in recent years. During the court's last term, justices ruled in favor of a Colorado baker in a similar situation, stating that a state body demonstrated improper hostility toward the baker's religion in finding that he violated a state anti-discrimination law.

WASHINGTON SUPREME COURT RULES AGAINST FLORIST WHO REFUSED SERVICE FOR GAY COUPLE'S WEDDING

On Monday, the Supreme Court sent the Klein case back down to a lower court "for further consideration in light of" their Colorado decision.

The central disputes in the case -- which pits LGBT rights against religious freedom considerations -- have yet to be addressed by the Supreme Court.

A similar case involving Washington state florist Baronelle Stutzman previously was sent back so the state court could review its decision against Stutzman in light of the Colorado case. The Washington court upheld its decision, and the case is expected to go back before the Supreme Court once more.

CHRISTIAN BAKER SUED FOR DISCRIMINATION FOR A THIRD TIME

The Kleins' case arose when Rachel Bowman-Cryer went to them in January 2013 to see about a wedding cake. When Aaron Klein asked for information, including the name of the groom, she told him there was none. Klein then said the bakery does not make cakes for gay weddings, court documents said.

Bowman-Cryer's mother, who was with her, said Klein quoted the Bible when explaining his decision.

The Kleins had to pay a $135,000 judgment to the couple for discriminating against them in violation of a state public accommodations statute. They ended up closing down their bakery.

The couple is represented by First Liberty, who celebrated the Supreme Court's decision as a win.

"This is a victory for Aaron and Melissa Klein and for religious liberty for all Americans," First Liberty president Kelly Shackelford said in a statement. "The Constitution protects speech, popular or not, from condemnation by the government. The message from the Court is clear, government hostility toward religious Americans will not be tolerated."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-tosses-ruling-against-bakers-who-refused-cake-for-gay-couple

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: June 18, 2019, 02:43:34 PM »
To me this isn't a big issue and I'll tell you why.

If the bakery doesn't want to make the cake for a queer wedding they can do a few things to deal with it:

1. Ask when the date is and claim you can't because you have too many orders due for that time.

2. If #1 fails to work, then simply make a shitty tasting cake. You don't have to put anything bad in the cake, just don't make it very good.
They can hire a guy like me to do that because I know little of baking. OK, so you had to make the cake, but you get to make a shitty one. Problem solved LOL.

3. Lastly, I don't really understand WHY any couple ( gay or straight) would demand a cake from a place that didn't want to do it.
Give your business to a supportive baker and walk away from the one who refused to serve you.

4. It's a f'n cake, NOT gas for your car or electricity for the building.
This is an optional item with lots of variation.

Good points and valid
The problem is The Queers / Weirdo’s / Leftist Nuttiers Want To Make it an issue
And Take it To Court.

Why would they want to force someone to bake a cake for them that they don’t want to bake,
They could do & put all sorts of Disgusting stuff in there.
Just walk away and take their £ elsewhere who will bake & take your £ - Simple & End of Problem.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2019, 03:17:17 PM »
Bingo. I was thinking the exact same thing.

They gay or lezbo couples want to FORCE their views on someone different ( in this case "straight bakers")
In that light I once had a candid conversation with a lesbian couple .

I told them I defended their right to marry or even adopt children.
 I went on to explain that I didn't want to see any same sex couple in a public passionate embrace.
They felt this was because I didn't really understand them and needed more exposure to gay/lesbian couples.

I looked back at them and calmly but sternly said ;
" I don't think either of you believe in that straight conversion therapy the Christian conservatives try, right.( they agree)
Ok, then you should be able to accept that straight people will never personally relate to your sexuality and vice/versa.
Knowing that should bring us all to one basic conclusion:
We can't help who we love and why we love them. BUT we need to keep our sex lives private and out of the public domain."

They seemed to agree with that but I felt a bit more was needed to make my point.

" None of us think it's right to force anyone to have sex with us or watch us have sex, right?" They nodded in agreement.
Then why would you think it possible for everyone to LIKE how you have sex ? "

Again well said
I can’t add much more to what you’ve said.

Only I don’t agree with them adopting children - that’s probably just me as I’m a bit of a dinosaur.
Why the Queers & Weirdo’s Can’t Just get on with there lives as everyone else does,
Like it or not People will always find reasons or ways to discriminate against those they Don’t Like.
It’s Human Nature & Part of Life, Deal With it & move along as best we can.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #545 on: June 18, 2019, 03:28:57 PM »
Despite what some naysayers calim , children are much better off raised in same sex couples then in foster care or institutions.
In fact, a lot more incidents of violence and  sexual molestation occur in male/female couples fostering or adopting.

Absolutely.  My kids would have been raised by a gay family member of mine before my fundamentalist in-laws had anything happened to the wife and I.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: June 18, 2019, 03:34:52 PM »
Despite what some naysayers calim , children are much better off raised in same sex couples then in foster care or institutions.
In fact, a lot more incidents of violence and  sexual molestation occur in male/female couples fostering or adopting.

Hmmm my Mrs is a children’s care home manager she may just disagree with you on a couple
Of those points you made.

Very sadly there are far to many Horrible disgusting peoples of both Sexes that need
To be gotten rid of. Child abuse is way out of control.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: August 23, 2019, 10:13:11 PM »
Good discussion.

A Federal Court Strikes a Powerful Blow for Free Speech and Religious Freedom
By DAVID FRENCH
August 23, 2019

Angel and Carl Larsen, owners of Telescope Media Group in St. Cloud, Minn.   (Alliance Defending Freedom)
Christian videographers will not be forced to produce videos of same-sex weddings.

Earlier today, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the constitutional order, limited the reach of expansive nondiscrimination laws, and protected a Christian couple from having to choose between their business and their conscience.

The facts of the case are simple. The plaintiffs, Carl and Angel Larsen, are videographers who create “commercials, short films, and live-event productions.” While they work with anyone of any race, sex, sexual orientation, or religion, they will not produce videos that advance viewpoints that violate their Christian beliefs. That includes videos that “contradict biblical truth; promote sexual immorality; support the destruction of unborn children; promote racism or racial division; incite violence; degrade women; or promote any conception of marriage other than as a lifelong institution between one man and one woman.”

The Larsens hoped to begin producing wedding videos, but Minnesota interpreted its human-rights act to require them to “produce both opposite-sex- and same-sex-wedding videos, or none at all.” Minnesota would also require them to produce videos that depicted “same- and opposite-sex weddings in an equally ‘positive’ light.” This raised the possibility that a gay couple who didn’t like the subjective quality of a video the Larsens produced for them could seek state sanctions based on alleged sexual-orientation discrimination.

With the assistance of my friends and former colleagues at the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Larsens filed suit, claiming that Minnesota’s rule would compel them to speak in support of messages they oppose. The trial court ruled in favor of the state, and the Larsens appealed.

One of the key constitutional questions of our time is whether the First Amendment will retain its supremacy and potency even as nondiscrimination rules and regulations expand in scope and reach. In this case, the Eight Circuit answered answered with an emphatic “Yes,” and it did so through a majority opinion that provided a clear roadmap for future courts and future controversies.

Judge David Stras’s majority opinion begins with a simple, obvious, but crucial conclusion. The Larsens’s wedding videos are a “form of speech that is entitled to First Amendment protection.” Though they don’t make feature films, their wedding videos would still clearly communicate a message in the same way that films do. As the court explained, their wedding videos would be designed to tell “healthy stories of sacrificial love and commitment between a man and a woman” and celebrate the “divinely ordained” marriage covenant.

Moreover, the fact that the Larsens were producing videos for profit did not diminish their constitutional protection. Documentaries make money. Feature films make money. Are they not clearly protected speech? To put it plainly, Minnesota was attempting to engage in one of the most intrusive state actions on the First Amendment. It was attempting to compel the Larsens to deliver a message they opposed.

Yet that finding did not end the inquiry. State agencies have long argued that the governmental interests supporting public-accommodation laws and other nondiscrimination statutes are so compelling that they can and should override the speech protections of the First Amendment. In constitutional legalese, they claim that nondiscrimination laws are so vital they should be able to survive “strict scrutiny.”

If the court did find that nondiscrimination laws can even compel speech, it would invert the constitutional order. It would relegate the First Amendment to second-class status — less potent than a mere state regulation. Indeed, this is the argument that much of the legal Left has been making for years. They view First Amendment–based arguments against public-accommodation laws or other nondiscrimination statutes as a form of special pleading by religious Americans, a request to be exempt from the fair and just rules that govern the rest of us.

But this is exactly backwards. The First Amendment is part of our nation’s governing document, and it recognizes the unalienable rights possessed by all Americans — not just people of faith.  State and local regulators are engaged in special pleading. They’re seeking carve-outs from the supreme law of the land.

Judge Stras understands this reality quite clearly. “Even antidiscrimination laws, as critically important as they are,” he writes “must yield to the Constitution. And as compelling as the interest in preventing discriminatory conduct may be, speech is treated differently under the First Amendment.”

Yes. Exactly. He continues:

Regulating speech because it is discriminatory or offensive is not a compelling state interest, however hurtful the speech may be. It is a “bedrock principle . . . that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable.”

There are those who will claim that this decision will clear the way for wholesale discrimination in the name of “free speech.” It will do no such thing. Instead it will protect a small minority of creative professionals who do not discriminate against any member of any protected class from being conscripted into saying things they do not believe.

We can expect that Minnesota will appeal to the Supreme Court, and if the Court accepts review it will be difficult to see SCOTUS reversing the court of appeals. The case that wedding videos represent protected speech is very strong, and once it’s deemed to be protected speech, the Court would have to contradict key prior precedents to overcome the Larsons’ rights of conscience and compel their speech as a condition of doing business.

One should always be cautious when projecting case outcomes, but the Eighth Circuit has laid the judicial foundation for a ruling that should, ultimately, reaffirm the primacy of the Constitution in American law.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/federal-appeals-court-strikes-powerful-blow-for-free-speech-religious-freedom/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2019, 12:37:53 AM »
A business owner should be able to reserve the right to refuse service to customers on whatever grounds they want. When there are no customers left to serve, they get what they asked for.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2019, 01:45:24 AM »
A business owner should be able to reserve the right to refuse service to customers on whatever grounds they want. When there are no customers left to serve, they get what they asked for.

Yep - Exactly Right
When I had my gym I got Pissed of with Paki’s
Always owing £ for membership if I wasn’t there
So
1, I banned
2, I charged them more for monthly Membership
3, No Queers / Trans / Or other Types of Bgtlqfzxyegkmafwt Etc allowed.

Worked wonders for the Gym.