Author Topic: TRUMP BREAKS NEWSWEEK TOO. WTF?  (Read 11376 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: TRUMP BREAKS NEWSWEEK TOO. WTF?
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »
It's a slur that liberal, militant atheists such as Straw man use to attack and degrade anyone who believes in God, especially Christians and Jews.  Straw man has gone on record here saying that anyone who believes in a deity has a mental illness.

Vince called Straw man an communist and he got so angry he went on a racist rant.  Vince exposed him for the racist douchebag that he is.

Now Straw man is apparently angry that Christians and Jews helped Trump get elected on a promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and he is angry that Trump kept his promise.

Straw man is the most intolerant person on getbig.  He is white, a closet racist and anti-Semite, who claims to be wealthy.  Typical white, wealthy liberal. 

it's not a slur.  It's means fundamentalist and many christians refer to themselves as fundamentalist (as if you didn't already know this)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_fundamentalism

I noticed you've once again repeated a lie about me.

FYI - there is a search function where you can support your claim or prove it's a lie

Now do you want to tell us about the wacky End Times you fundies believe in or do you want to keep pretending you know nothing about it?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 12:18:17 PM »
Grasping not doing any better today it appears.

Never heard a fundamentalist refer to themselves as a "fundie"....word games/semantics is all you have and nobody falls for it. Definitely a dumb move to try and compare your credibility to Loco.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
Grasping not doing any better today it appears.

Never heard a fundamentalist refer to themselves as a "fundie"....word games/semantics is all you have and nobody falls for it. Definitely a dumb move to try and compare your credibility to Loco.

you're right

I should have been more respectful of his beliefs and called him a bible thumping jesus freak

I know that's fine because a fundie who works in my building has a bumper sticker on her car that says that

Still waiting for our bible thumping jesus freak (BTJF) to explain why his fellow BTJF's are so excited about Trumps declaration that the United States will recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

It's weird that a guy would start a thread about this very topic and then not want to discuss it

Even weirder that a guy that refers to himself as LOCO would take issue with someone suggesting he is mentally ill.  Maybe his chosen name was meant to be ironic.  I can appreciate that.

Then again, neither fundies nor Republicans have ever been able to grasp the concept of irony

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »
It doesn't matter.  It's something positive about Trump coming out of Newsweek.  It's shocking not only to me, but to many others too as you can see from the comments at the end of the article.

There have been positive pieces about Trump from every mainstream outlet. Even if you believe the press has a liberal bias, Trump is the architect of most of his bad press. The comments at the end of the article are mostly in reference to how poorly reasoned the piece  you linked is.  You said yourself that you don't think Trump's move will do what the article stated.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
You said yourself that you don't think Trump's move will do what the article stated.

Exactly, which is the answer to what I thought racist Straw man was asking me.  Apparently he's referring to something else I have no idea about, but he won't clarify.  You got it, but Straw man didn't.

Again, it doesn't matter.  The thread is about how shocking it is to see something positive about Trump coming out of Newsweek.  Below is a screenshot of the top comments, all I could fit in one screenshot.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »
If we're referring to "breaking Trump", it does matter. Read 1 or 2 of those reply threads and you see even Trump supporters can see right through it.

As for Straw, he's being attacked for breaching the rules of decorum on this board? Seriously?  ::) I'm not familiar with your posting style, but it's pretty clear Straw's posting style has changed over the last year to match the bottom-feeding of the conservative clique of posters that dominated for a little while. 333 was always out there, but around the time when HomoFistFan was posting here feverishly, I'm not even sure what was going on around here could even be called political discourse. It was laughable.  It calmed down a bit, but this whole "moral high ground" wolfpack act is laughable.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 01:29:31 PM »
Exactly, which is the answer to what I thought racist Straw man was asking me.  Apparently he's referring to something else I have no idea about, but he won't clarify.  You got it, but Straw man didn't.

Again, it doesn't matter.  The thread is about how shocking it is to see something positive about Trump coming out of Newsweek.  Below is a screenshot of the top comments, all I could fit in one screenshot.

yeah, really hard to understand what I was asking you in my FIRST POST on this thread

You have absolutely no clue what I could possibly be talking about  even told you explicitly in later post

still a total mystery and impossible to understand what I'm referring to

Wow, what a shocker this is

A Jewish Politician is happy with Trumps move

Didn't see that coming

Probably a bit premature to suggest this is going to lead to a permanent peace in the middle east

You're a fundie so can you tell me if fundies really expect this to lead to peace in the middle east or are they actually expecting this will lead to  a final conflagration before the return of your zombie god ?

LOL - you're getting even angrier

Why are you afraid to answer the question about what fundies like you believe about the end times ( I know you know what I was talking about before but just making sure there is no confusion)

try to calm down and see if you can explain your religious beliefs to me about what the result of this action by Trump will lead to

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »

Didn't see that coming

Probably a bit premature to suggest this is going to lead to a permanent peace in the middle east

You're a fundie so can you tell me if fundies really expect this to lead to peace in the middle east or are they actually expecting this will lead to  a final conflagration before the return of your zombie god ?

Am I now?  Why?  What makes me a fundie?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
If we're referring to "breaking Trump", it does matter. Read 1 or 2 of those reply threads and you see even Trump supporters can see right through it.

As for Straw, he's being attacked for breaching the rules of decorum on this board? Seriously?  ::) I'm not familiar with your posting style, but it's pretty clear Straw's posting style has changed over the last year to match the bottom-feeding of the conservative clique of posters that dominated for a little while. 333 was always out there, but around the time when HomoFistFan was posting here feverishly, I'm not even sure what was going on around here could even be called political discourse. It was laughable.  It calmed down a bit, but this whole "moral high ground" wolfpack act is laughable.

since when have there been rules of decorum on this board

this claim that I'm a racist because I referred to a fat black man acting like a whiny bitch as a fat black woman makes no sense

sexist maybe.  

perhaps a fat shamer

just like Goodrums claim that I'm a communist makes no sense

I suggested he not waste his money on a piece of shit car and that somehow makes me a communist

the fact that he started a thread about buying a shitty used car (desperate plea for attention) which he wanted so that he could look forward to  "pulling up to the gym on Saturday like a boss" is an invitation to be mocked and plenty of posters were much harsher than me

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Am I now?  Why?  What makes me a fundy? 

fair point

not all christians are fundies

Do you believe in the End Times

I've asked you a few times but you seem to not recognize the words or have any clue what they refer to

Given that even non-christians know what that means it seems a bit odd

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 01:46:17 PM »
fair point

I've asked you a few times but you seem to not recognize the words or have any clue what they refer to

Given that even non-christians know what that means it seems a bit odd

No Christian I know refers to himself as a fundie. I don't refer to myself as a fundy.

So anyone who believes in something called "End Times" is a fundie and therefore, according to you, mentally ill?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 01:50:12 PM »

As for Straw, he's being attacked for breaching the rules of decorum on this board? Seriously?  ::) I'm not familiar with your posting style, but it's pretty clear Straw's posting style has changed over the last year to match the bottom-feeding of the conservative clique of posters that dominated for a little while. 333 was always out there, but around the time when HomoFistFan was posting here feverishly, I'm not even sure what was going on around here could even be called political discourse. It was laughable.  It calmed down a bit, but this whole "moral high ground" wolfpack act is laughable.

Don't understand your first sentence, but it doesn't matter.  I believe you and Straw man are overthinking the reason I started this tread.  I'm simply shocked that something positive about Trump came out of Newsweek, very similar to the other thread about CNN calling Trump keeper of promises.  

As for Straw man, who is attacking whom?  This thread is not about Straw man, yet he chimed in to call me fundie, mentally ill by his definition, and to call Jesus Christ a zombie god.  I responded accordingly.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 02:03:53 PM »
No Christian I know refers to himself as a fundy. I don't refer to myself as a fundy.

So anyone who believes in something called "End Times" is a fundy and therefore, according to you, mentally ill?

great

so you're not a fundie (or fundamentalist since abbreviations seem to make you angry or at least confuse you) and you don't believe in the End Times

Glad we cleared that up

Why didn't you just say so to begin with

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »
great

so you're not a fundie (or fundamentalist since abbreviations seem to make you angry or at least confuse you) and you don't believe in the End Times

Glad we cleared that up

You didn't answer the question.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »
Palestinian man killed, 300 wounded in West Bank and Gaza rioting over Trump Jerusalem move

December 8, 2017 12:12pm

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »
Palestinian man killed, 300 wounded in West Bank and Gaza rioting over Trump Jerusalem move

Wait a second! Trump is causing the violence in the Middle East!? It was so peaceful before he finally did what every other president promised.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
great

Glad we cleared that up

I asked you a question.  So anyone who believes in something called "End Times" is a fundie and therefore, according to you, mentally ill?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »

Religion of peace.

Prime, so what's this I hear about you defending pedophiles? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 04:21:01 PM »
I am completely lost in this thread.

“Fundies” and “End of Days” and shit?  ??? :-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 04:26:59 PM »
I asked you a question.  So anyone who believes in something called "End Times" is a fundie and therefore, according to you, mentally ill?

just so I could be consistent I tried to find the first time I mentioned the premise

Notice that my statement is quite precise yet at least two times that I could find you've claimed that I said merely believing in god or a deity was a mental illness (Bum made the same lie about me as well)

Why not show the source of this article which is this website:  www.wallbuilders.com

Here is their stated mission:

WallBuilders’ goal is to exert a direct and positive influence in government, education, and the family by (1) educating the nation concerning the Godly foundation of our country; (2) providing information to federal, state, and local officials as they develop public policies which reflect Biblical values; and (3) encouraging Christians to be involved in the civic arena.

Gee - I wonder why I'm not surprised.

You seem like you know a lot about history.  Maybe you can explain why Jefferson felt the need to write his own version of the bible.   From what I've read it seems that Jefferson admired what he saw as the teachings of Jesus but did not in any way believe in his divinity.   He also warned against the corruptions of Christianity.

This is cut and paste from Wikipedia but the same info can be found in many other places:

The Jefferson Bible, or The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth as it is formally titled, was an attempt by Thomas Jefferson to glean the teachings of Jesus from the Christian Gospels. Jefferson wished to extract the doctrine of Jesus by removing sections of the New Testament containing supernatural aspects as well as perceived misinterpretations he believed had been added by the Four Evangelists.[1] In essence, Thomas Jefferson did not believe in Jesus' divinity, the Trinity, resurrection, miracles, or any other supernatural aspect described in the Bible..[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

Anyway, isn't this a political message board?

How can anyone debate a religious belief?  Religion requires "faith" to patch of all the areas of inconsistency and contradiction.   My personal belief is that fervent, fundamentalist religious belief (fill in whatever religion you like) is equivalent to having a form of mental illness (IMO)

off topic
This thread was from a point in time when you didn't mind admitting you didn't live in the United States.  Have you moved to the US yet?

America Rules...take it from a foreigner.     ;D

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133677.0

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 04:44:15 PM »
I am completely lost in this thread.

“Fundies” and “End of Days” and shit?  ??? :-\

it's HUGELY significant to a certain segment of christians (this apparently will come as new information to Loco)

Most Americans, about 71%, identify as Christian, but only one-third of those call themselves “evangelical,” and evangelicals are divided on Jerusalem’s importance.

Some Christian evangelicals interpret the Old Testament’s description of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel 1,000 years before Christ as the sign of what is to come, as Gary M. Burge explains in the Atlantic. They “believe that promoting the importance of Jerusalem is one more building block in the fulfillment of prophecies that sets the stage for the Second Coming of Christ,” he writes.

Christian evangelicals put pressure on Trump to make the call, as the Wall Street Journal reports , and some rejoiced after the decision. “In the Six Day War Jews finally took sovereignty over Jerusalem, and it’s absolutely crucial in terms of biblical prophecy that they maintain control over that,” televangelist Pat Roberstson said Dec. 5, celebrating Trump’s decision.

Rene Omokri, founder of California’s “Mind of Christ Christian Center,” said he was now willing to die for Trump.

https://qz.com/1148673/trumps-jerusalem-move-is-backed-by-billionaires-lobbyists-and-evangelicals/

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »

Thank goodness for the travel ban :D :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2017, 04:11:13 AM »

Didn't see that coming

You're a fundie so can you tell me if fundies really expect this to lead to peace in the middle east or are they actually expecting this will lead to  a final conflagration before the return of your zombie god ?

Am I now?  Why?  What makes me a fundie?  

fair point

So anyone who believes in something called "End Times" is a fundie?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2017, 04:22:21 AM »
just so I could be consistent I tried to find the first time I mentioned the premise

Notice that my statement is quite precise yet at least two times that I could find you've claimed that I said merely believing in god or a deity was a mental illness (Bum made the same lie about me as well)

off topic
This thread was from a point in time when you didn't mind admitting you didn't live in the United States.  Have you moved to the US yet?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133677.0

10+ years ago!   :o
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 08:05:08 AM »
It's a slur that liberal, militant atheists such as Straw man use to attack and degrade anyone who believes in God, especially Christians and Jews.  Straw man has gone on record here saying that anyone who believes in a deity has a mental illness.

Vince called Straw man an communist and he got so angry he went on a racist rant.  Vince exposed him for the racist douchebag that he is.

Now Straw man is apparently angry that Christians and Jews helped Trump get elected on a promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and he is angry that Trump kept his promise.

Straw man is the most intolerant person on getbig.  He is white, a closet racist and anti-Semite, who claims to be wealthy.  Typical white, wealthy liberal.  

Truth.

Besides, my personal belief is anyone who holds a fundamentalist belief in any religion is mentally ill (for real) which again makes for a pointless discussion

I do think if you're speaking in tongues, dancing with rattlesnakes or even something as common as thinking you have a "personal relationship" with a 2000 year old rabbi then yeah, you might be mentally ill.    There's nothing paranoid or intolerant about that.