Author Topic: Backstage news on Shawn Michaels & HHH...  (Read 3088 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Backstage news on Shawn Michaels & HHH...
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:57:41 AM »
Fresh of PWI:

Among some locker room circles, both Triple H and Shawn Michaels are two of the least popular wrestlers these days. Even those who appear on SmackDown and have minimal exposure to them feel as though they are abusing their power and standing in the way of WWE elevating new stars.

The overwhelming sentiment among those in the company is that Raw's "no man's land" in the sense there are no full-fledged pushes to be had as a result of the strong influence of Hunter and Michaels. Many feel if even one of these main event performers dislikes you enough to badmouth you to management, you won't be getting a push.

Typical...one married the bosses daughter and the other is a well know cry baby backstage. Now I like watching HHH & Michael's as much as any other guy but this is flat out ridiculous. Just thought you guys may be interested.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Backstage news on Shawn Michaels & HHH...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 10:10:12 AM »
Well, they have both been out of the title scene for a while and have put Legacy over huge lately.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »
I have never liked HHH at all.  One dimensional, boring, stall, predictable, and full of hot air.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:43:05 AM »
Raw is by far the weakest of the 3 IMO. It seems like a sketch show with some 4 minute matches thrown in. This has been beaten to death but the main event is stale as hell.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »
I always like HHH regardless as a worker. Espeically in 2000-2001 leading right into evolution 2003-2005. Best damn all round guy in the wwe at the time. But no one should be allowed to hold anyone else back.

As for Raw and Smackdown too, they had better start signing new faces or ditch this lottary draft shit and mix the rosters or people will stop watching. Boring as shit lately. Same scraps over and over again. Too many titles. All the need is one world championship, one tag team championship, one womens championship (I know, I know) and the IC title. Get rid of the US title, the other world title and diva's title. Not necessary. Wake up Vince!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »
I always like HHH regardless as a worker. Espeically in 2000-2001 leading right into evolution 2003-2005. Best damn all round guy in the wwe at the time. But no one should be allowed to hold anyone else back.

As for Raw and Smackdown too, they had better start signing new faces or ditch this lottary draft shit and mix the rosters or people will stop watching. Boring as shit lately. Same scraps over and over again. Too many titles. All the need is one world championship, one tag team championship, one womens championship (I know, I know) and the IC title. Get rid of the US title, the other world title and diva's title. Not necessary. Wake up Vince!
             i agree they should go back a little more to the old days and bring in more jobbers, that's what made wcw great for a while bringing in guys like goldberg no music just a nobody with no 6 week introduction, remember glacier. where's the frank hickey's, arnold skolands, johnny rodz's of today.
F

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
There always seems to be stories about WWE/Vince wanting to create new stars, but they never follow through with any of it.  It seems like they'll push guys to mid-card level, i.e. Miz, Morrison, MVP, Kofi but they are very reluctant to let those guys get to the top of the pile with Orton/Cena/HHH/Michaels.  I know that Legacy are getting a lot of exposure recently, but as soon as they split them up, those guys will fall away again and we'll still be left with the same guys doing the same matches. 

It'd be so easy to do something like a 'Chance of a Lifetime' story, where four mid-card guys get to battle it out to get a title shot, leading to a new feud, and maybe get that guy over as a main-eventer.  But some ego's would have to take a little bruising for that to happen...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
Product of choking off all the territories.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »
Product of choking off all the territories.
That is exactly what it is. Monopolizing the market doesn't necessarily mean better business. You need somewhat of a competition. No different styles of training or anything. Now they only learn in one school. OVW. Before you had Vern Gagne's training camp, Hiro Masuda's school, Fritz Von Eric's school, etc. Now???

THERE ARE NO FUTURE BIG HOUSE SELLING STARS. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
I have lost interest in main event matches completely.  they are redundant and boring.  and the belts are useless props.

If you took away all the belts, the mid card matches would be the most interesting.  too bad vince doesn't see it.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 12:12:20 PM »
That is exactly what it is. Monopolizing the market doesn't necessarily mean better business. You need somewhat of a competition. No different styles of training or anything. Now they only learn in one school. OVW. Before you had Vern Gagne's training camp, Hiro Masuda's school, Fritz Von Eric's school, etc. Now???

Completely agree.  In the territory days, if a wrestler became stale, he would just pop up somewhere else.  Now there is nowhere to go to build any real heat for a comeback, etc...  I remember as a kid getting so excited when they announced someone new was coming into the territory.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »

there other schools only there pretty pathetic. batista learned at the wild samoan school of wrestling in allentown wxw wrestling, alfa own kid couldn't make it in the wwe so how can he get guys in only batista because of his unique look. mike miller the beast  the guy who squatted 1220 lbs was there he couldn't make it, he lost over 100 some lbs and now is trying to make it in mma. the putski school what do you learn there the polish hammer and the bearhug. his kid couldn't make it in wwe. i believe booker t was his biggest name student.
F