Author Topic: I really want to buy up all these dollar stocks...  (Read 290 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
I really want to buy up all these dollar stocks...
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:01:01 AM »
Bad idea?  ;D
S

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: I really want to buy up all these dollar stocks...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »
Bad idea?  ;D

Yes.

We have yet to get to the bottom. You hear a lot of cheerleading from the mass media, which is a bad sign IMO. One you start hearing a pattern of positive results from various companies is the indicator that the market has turned.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 07:11:35 AM »
Yes.

We have yet to get to the bottom. You hear a lot of cheerleading from the mass media, which is a bad sign IMO. One you start hearing a pattern of positive results from various companies is the indicator that the market has turned.

Cool, thanks for the advice.   :)
S

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 07:24:53 AM »

careful with stocks.  You are buying a piece of PAPER that you "think" is going to be worth more than you paid for it.

Who knows more about that piece of paper?  You?  or the company that issued and sold it to the open market?

put your money into physical assets. 

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 07:37:47 AM »

Don't get me wrong, if you invest 10Gs in Citigroup at .78 cents and the company does not go belly up... in 10-15 years you could be laughing your ass to the bank or have lost the 10Gs.

Personally I was gonna buy into the market this week because citi and other huge conglomerates being sooo dirt cheap seemed like such a good time to buy... but then the news came out about GM possibly filing for bankruptcy (just as I was ready to hit the "buy" button too) and my entire gut-feeling went down the drain.