Author Topic: Buddy got assaulted at work  (Read 3089 times)

POB

• Getbig IV
Re: Buddy got assaulted at work
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »
I work at a hospital. I'm in the therapy dept. My friend and I were returning a patient to bed. The patient is known to have crazy outbursts because he's mentally retarded. We were using a draw sheet to get him back.

The patient grabbed a hold of my buddies dreadlocks and wouldn't let them go. He was throwing a huge fit crying and screaming like he always does. I had to almost break his fingers to get him to let go. Well this is like the 3rd or 4th time he's grabbed a hold of someone.

Our boss called us into her office. I told her I would never go back into the patients room again for fear of loosing an eye or getting injured. He almost ripped a handful of dreadlocks out of my buddies head. She kind of looked at me funny like I wouldn't have a choice. She's a bitch, didn't even bother to ask my friend if he was okay. She's more worried about loosing a patient then her staffs well being. We're both very underpaid (both of us are getting new jobs soon)

If she tells me to go back in there and I refuse, Do I have any leg to stand on? I get paid like shit. I know if it was one of her female therapists it would be a whole different story. I had my buddy fill out and incident report and tell them he feels like he was assaulted.

I'd file a grievance with your union,not kidding cover your ass before you refuse a job duty

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Buddy got assaulted at work
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
Stay the course and change your job, though your new job will only work until our system's fried so caution with long term plans.
Don't be so negative.

Maybe he can get a spot on one of the death panels.

G