Author Topic: Trap Bar  (Read 4273 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Trap Bar
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2023, 02:28:20 PM »
Fucks sake Brian has you eating out of his hand again

I cant believe people are responding positively to the twat because hes made up some bullshit story about a journey to 500lb, his "315 bench press club" distraction didnt work to deflect from his SCN failure so hes moved on to this and caught you all out.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2023, 02:48:16 PM »
Just do conventional deadlifts you mong..............you act like you discovered fire with this trap bar bullshit.

Looking For An Easy Way Out Of Peace

In Cro-Hanky's defense it isn't an act. He always looks like he just discovered fire.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2023, 02:50:33 PM »
Fucks sake Brian has you eating out of his hand again

I cant believe people are responding positively to the twat because hes made up some bullshit story about a journey to 500lb, his "315 bench press club" distraction didnt work to deflect from his SCN failure so hes moved on to this and caught you all out.

We are just pulling his skinny legs.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2023, 02:50:59 PM »
I believe hanky will be able to pull 500 once the knee sleeves arrive

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2023, 02:51:58 PM »
I believe hanky will be able to pull 500 once the knee sleeves hernia truss arrives

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2023, 02:56:06 PM »
We are just pulling his skinny legs.

If the shorts fit…

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2023, 03:02:33 PM »
In my commercial gym they had one generally unused. I saw a guy using it one day with three plates a side. I wanted to try it. The thing I found is that if you lift it unbalanced by not having your hands even and relative centering with your body the load can be off. I did a couple of reps with it just to try it. Three plates a side felt light and I bet I thought that because of the less range of motion because of the high handles.

These are my observations. There is a slight learning curve but I bet it can be mastered very quickly. I could be a lot more healthy over all for your back.  Less hinging of the lower back. Using the high handles you cut the range of motion allowing you use more weight. You can flip it over for more range of motion. It makes your legs and lower back stronger.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2023, 03:55:01 PM »
This should not have posted in Gossip & Opinions forum. Mods, please move this to the proper section-The Training board.
You're right Gene. Done.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2023, 05:12:54 PM »
I don't like moving plates so I kind of just leave them on stuff wanted to get some 100lb bumper plates and realized the weight cost more than the bar lol

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2023, 08:25:42 PM »
You're right Gene. Done.

hahahahaha  ;D
top level trolling

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2023, 09:31:46 PM »
Best whole body movement that hits a lot of tissue: deficit deadlifts. Stand on something where your feet barely fit under the bar. Only problem is that it's so taxing and uncomfortable you tend to put it off, at least I do.
My bread and butter lift. Sometimes 2” block, sometimes 2plates…
Thing is with a heavy cartilage damage in my knees this is more doable than squats. The negative part of the squat taxes bad cartilage the most and with any kind of deads you can just do the positives. I’ll follow the bar thought and not just outright drop it.

Sometimes little extra extensions on the side. Works for me 👍

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2023, 04:38:10 AM »
Trying to get some bumper plates any recommendations? Rogue has like 10 different types

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2023, 05:52:02 AM »
Just do conventional deadlifts you mong..............you act like you discovered fire with this trap bar bullshit.

Looking For An Easy Way Out Of Peace

I do both but prefer the Trap Bar by far since it feels like less strain on lower back and more focus on the legs in a natural position. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2023, 05:52:36 AM »
Trying to get some bumper plates any recommendations? Rogue has like 10 different types

Trying?   Who the fuck "tries" to get bumper plates???

Anyone who is mensa level would think to look on facebook marketplace first.  Or, possibly even use this thing called "Google" and look up bumper plate sites.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2023, 05:57:50 AM »
Trying?   Who the fuck "tries" to get bumper plates???

Anyone who is mensa level would think to look on facebook marketplace first.  Or, possibly even use this thing called "Google" and look up bumper plate sites.

Or stop paying for Orphan Annie at the urch Mansion and put your inheritance money into plates!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2023, 07:29:00 AM »
You're right Gene. Done.
thank you
w

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2023, 10:16:40 AM »
I don't like moving plates so I kind of just leave them on stuff wanted to get some 100lb bumper plates and realized the weight cost more than the bar lol

Low priced, but good - https://wright-equipment.com/collections/rubber-bumper-plates/products/wright-color-rubber-bumper-plates .
Wright was who Crossfit originally recommended, and Rogue sold them up until a few years ago, when they went mostly to their own labels.

Eleiko has these on sale - https://eleiko.com/en-us/equipment/plates/fitness/3085126-45-eleiko-xf-bumper-plate-45-lbs-black .

These two are training bumpers so they are thicker, for instance a #45 is just under 3.5" thick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are thinner training bumpers -

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-color-echo-bumper-plate .

---------------------------------------------------------

On competition bumpers, these are a good deal - https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-lb-competition-plates-2023-games-used .

If you're buying new, just buy these and call it good -

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-kg-competition-plates-iwf .

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-color-lb-training-2-0-plates .

Competition bumpers are a good bit thinner.

-------------------------------------------------------

If you're not buying used, and want competition plates, just pay. There really isn't much of a break on the big brands.

Also if you mix a Kg set and a Lb set, you don't have to mess around with change plates as much. That's how I made my sets up when I bought them. 1 Kg set, 1 lb set.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2023, 03:54:48 PM »
thank you
Been awhile Gene, hope the family is well. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2023, 06:20:09 PM »
Just saw a video that showed a guy doing explosive fast high pulls with the trap bar. That could be the perfect application for that bar.