Author Topic: calf monster at my gym  (Read 5088 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
calf monster at my gym
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »
Yesterday i was at LA fitness training calves and abs...my calves have always been a weak point so I give them their own day...I sat down on the seated calf raise, and this man loads 6 45lb plates on the machine next to me...I thought he was gonna do ego reps...but no...10 full slow reps, heels touching the ground...he then did a drop set taking a plate off each time...I was very impressed
w

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
Re: calf monster at my gym
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:16 AM »
don't be shy, you are quite a calf monster yourself, stud

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 11:18:19 AM »
i wonder if someone with crappy calves ever get them good.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »

Nope........I can do 6 45's on seated raises.

Back in the early 80's at Gold's venice there was this 300# giant from sweden or denmark or some european country that loaded 9 plates on the seated calf raise, unreal.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:06 AM »
yeah but you can train them as heavy as possible but when youre not born with calves you will never get them.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »
i asked the guy if he always had those giant calves...he said yeah
w

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »
mine are horrible and im not training them anymore.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 11:33:24 AM »
yeah but you can train them as heavy as possible but when youre not born with calves you will never get them.

Totally true.

Just like I can stop training calves completely and they basically will not go down in size at all.
Calves and biceps are, IMO, the two most genetic body parts in the body. You either have them or you don't. I have never have peaked out biceps, and never will (look very much like Larry Scott's biceps-large but not much of a peak at all).

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »
Did you get his number?
N

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »

I haven't seen it...

best I've seen is someone with lousy calves build them up to levrone type calves
just not good enough

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »
pics worth 1000 words
F

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:36:40 AM »
Totally true.

Just like I can stop training calves completely and they basically will not go down in size at all.
Calves and biceps are, IMO, the two most genetic body parts in the body. You either have them or you don't. I have never have peaked out biceps, and never will (look very much like Larry Scott's biceps-large but not much of a peak at all).

Exactly.

i've always had big calves, even when i didn't train them directly, they grew. when people ask me what i do for calves, i respond "calf raises"...they always get a funny look on their face because i assume they were expecting a more complex answer.

8)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
I haven't seen it...

best I've seen is someone with lousy calves build them up to levrone type calves

that would be more then good enough for me.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »
chinese guy trains at my gym, walks around doing 1 set on every machine in the gym right after eachother, then does 100 press ups, and every possible ab exercise, clearly dosen't know much about training but his calves look better than most pro bodybuilders, no joke.. calves=  all genetics.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
mine are horrible and im not training them anymore.
exactly. i spent years trying desperately to build up my bast-esque calves. worked them so hard i got hurt a few times. in all these years i added about a quarter of an inch. dont even bother to train them anymore. you eitehr have calves, or you dont PERIOD.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
Mine have grown some from doing a lot of single leg squats and dead-lifts.

They were absolute crap to begin with and are now mediocre.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 12:20:50 PM »
exactly. i spent years trying desperately to build up my bast-esque calves. worked them so hard i got hurt a few times. in all these years i added about a quarter of an inch. dont even bother to train them anymore. you eitehr have calves, or you dont PERIOD.

Then we have a consensus-Calves are about 95% genetic......5% training. '

And if you dont have them then it is not likely you are going to get them.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 12:49:22 PM »
I added 2 inches since I started training them decently.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 12:59:51 PM »

Not entirely, sometimes the potential's there but hidden. Schwarzenegger's the textbook example, i'm surprised those here don't know it. If he took the advice of those here he'd have given up. Instead he needed to try different training methods to bring them out.

and this man loads 6 45lb plates on the machine next to me...I thought he was gonna do ego reps...but no...10 full slow reps, heels touching the ground...he then did a drop set taking a plate off each time...I was very impressed

And what was the development..?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 01:08:10 PM »
Not entirely, sometimes the potential's there but hidden. Schwarzenegger's the textbook example, i'm surprised those here don't know it. If he took the advice of those here he'd have given up. Instead he needed to try different training methods to bring them out.

yes but arnold never really had shitty calves. the full calf shape was always there. look at guys like bast (and me), there is no muscle on the inside of the calf at all. only shins. just the bone there and thats all. guys like that can never, ever build them up.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
yes but arnold never really had shitty calves. the full calf shape was always there. look at guys like bast (and me), there is no muscle on the inside of the calf at all. only shins. just the bone there and thats all. guys like that can never, ever build them up.

Sure, but those caveats don't take away from my point; you'd have to be sufficiently open-minded to try different things to realize full potential before the genetics excuse is viable. Maybe the shape wouldn't be ideal but the development would be more complete.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »
platz did have horrible leggs before he started training them though.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 03:07:55 PM »
Nope........I can do 6 45's on seated raises.

Back in the early 80's at Gold's venice there was this 300# giant from sweden or denmark or some european country that loaded 9 plates on the seated calf raise, unreal.

you are one stupid fella ,,the more i read what you say the more i think you are a kid,,i used to think you was gh15 enemy as in you = milos ,,but after your bullshit about 1.5 inch pump to arm and thise nonesense i just think you are a 40-50 year old washed up gym member with optional of having conected to ancillary guys or something to do with reasearch and distrbution of chinease garbage,,

anyways friends,,ANY ONE THAT HAS STRONG BONES AND ON SOME DIANABOL AND TEST,,ANY ONE ,,,MATT C , MATT E ,,MATT D AND MATT Q ,,ANY ONE THAT IS STRONG EVEN!! IF HAVE SMALL CALVES BUT THE ACTUAL BONE IS STRONG ,,,ANY ONE LIKE THAT CAN DO 6-8 PLATES ON THE SEATED CALVES MACHINE,,IT IS THE EASIEST MACHINE TO CHEAT WITH ,,IT IS EGO MACHINE,,IT IS IMPRESSIVE AND EASY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU DO FULL GOOD REPS WETHER FAST OR SLOW,,,MANY MANY BEGGINER HORMONIZED FELLA THAT ARE SIMPLY STRONG OVEAALL DO 4 - 5-  6 -7 -8 PLATES ON THE SEATED CALF MACHINE,

any one that ciomes in gym on test dbol load at least 5-6 plates on calf machine ,,some do 4 5 plates even with out hormones,,hell guys that are on hormones and dont even have 16 inch calves load 6 plates on the seated calf machine,,impressive? yes ,,,mesuring the calf into the 20 inches? rarely

strength DOES NOT DOES NOT!! = MUSCLE SIZE! remember what im tellin you here STRENGTH DOES NOT! = MUSCLE SIZE ,,

the strongest fellas are the ones that always remain strong with out hormones and with hormones,,with hormones they are SUPERMAN ,,with out hormones they are SPIDERMAN,,,THEY ARE ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS STRONG,,those guys have very strong bone structure,,they are never truly small ,,they have power and endurance they have the ability to push on shoulder press machines 4 plates each side on minimal doses sometimes on no doses for good 10 repos

strong  DOES NOT = muscle size
fallen angel

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 03:10:15 PM »
the strongest fellas are the ones that always remain strong with out hormones and with hormones,,with hormones they are SUPERMAN ,,with out hormones they are SPIDERMAN,,,

So I'm Spiderman?  :)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »
GH, every post you make just says that its impossible for anyone to grow at all without supplemental hormones (steroids).  Just because you have a drug dependency does not mean you should push that mentality onto other people.