Author Topic: Federal judge rules morning-after pill must be available for women of all ages  (Read 16457 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
That's the beauty of the internet.  Ask any question you want.  Answer what you want.  Ignore what you want.   

We are all very concerned about being ridiculed too.  The internets is serious business.   

Now THAT is hilarious coming from you.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
That's the beauty of the internet.  Ask any question you want.  Answer what you want.  Ignore what you want.

Do that if you want - but then don't pretend you're engaging in serious or honest debate.

We are all very concerned about being ridiculed too.  The internets is serious business.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Do that if you want - but then don't pretend you're engaging in serious or honest debate.

::)

You don't determine what is serious or honest by asking a bunch of retarded questions.

Go back to the issue at hand.  Try and understand it.  Try and understand the implications of allowing someone 13 or younger access to a drug like this.  That's the issue.  Not whether someone should be donating a friggin kidney.  lol   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
stop it.  you're living in a dream world.  i'm speaking the truth and you don't like to hear it.  

let's put it this way.  if everyone used condoms or responsibly took their birth control we wouldn't have 1.2 million abortions per year in the US.  we would have something closer to 50,000.  you're buying into the liberal left bullshit where abortion isn't about personal responsibility, it's about access to birth control.  do you honestly think that most of the 1.2 million abortions in the US last year were because the people were using birth control and it failed?  sorry but if you think that you're either fucking stupid or a virgin who doesn't know how sex works.

Contrary to popular opinion and "sexy" "attention grabbing" headlines. The majority of abortions are given to married women with children who quite frankly do not want anymore.

As for taking birth control religiously... God forbid a woman requires dental surgery, because dentists have been known to prescribe anti-biotics prior to surgery WITHOUT informing women of the ramifications and negative effects it has on oral contraceptives.

Just in... there has been a recall of the birth control pill Alysena 28. It seems it contains 2 weeks of placebo pills instead of just one.  Taking sugar pills regularly... oh yeah, ...that'll stop an unplanned pregnancy in it's tracks. ::)

These compromised pills have been distributed for the past 4 months, however, women are only now being notified about the problem.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
At any stage before birth, and in some instances after birth. 

When referring to you.... YES!
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
When referring to you.... YES!

Says the most hated person on getbig.com.  lol

Let me get that for you:  "report to moderator."   :D

avxo

• Getbig V
You don't determine what is serious or honest by asking a bunch of retarded questions.

I'll let others judge whether my questions where retarded or not and how honest and sensible your answers were. If they agree with you that a parent ought to be able to force a pregnant child to carry the fetus to term and then breastfeed the infant, then something is very, very wrong.

Go back to the issue at hand.  Try and understand it.  Try and understand the implications of allowing someone 13 or younger access to a drug like this.  That's the issue.  Not whether someone should be donating a friggin kidney.  lol

I understand the subject quite well. What you may not have noticed, while you were foaming at the mouth, is that I never took a particular position on the issue and merely challenged your assertions that parents exercise absolute and unrestricted authority over their children who you treat as non-entities, until the very instant they turn eighteen.

You are the one who adopts a completely unsupportable and absolutist position by arguing that parents can force a pregnant child to carry the fetus to term and then breastfeed the infant. So may I suggest that you take your own advice and try to understand the issue yourself?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I'll let others judge whether my questions where retarded or not and how honest and sensible your answers were. If they agree with you that a parent ought to be able to force a pregnant child to carry the fetus to term and then breastfeed the infant, then something is very, very wrong.

I understand the subject quite well. What you may not have noticed, while you were foaming at the mouth, is that I never took a particular position on the issue and merely challenged your assertions that parents exercise absolute and unrestricted authority over their children who you treat as non-entities, until the very instant they turn eighteen.

You are the one who adopts a completely unsupportable and absolutist position by arguing that parents can force a pregnant child to carry the fetus to term and then breastfeed the infant. So may I suggest that you take your own advice and try to understand the issue yourself?

Dude.  Take a step back.  This is a discussion board.  Nobody is taking a poll about the stuff you post on here.  This isn't a contest.  Nobody cares what either one of us taps out here.  This is not real life. 

Foaming at mouth?  lol  Yes, from laughing.  You got me again.  lol

It's easier to understand something if you try and deal with the specific issue at hand, rather than running down rabbit trails with wild unrealistic hypothetical situations.  It's not that hard.  And I'm here to help.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
I'm a hard left liberal? Really? Damn...

The weird thing about being a libertarian is that the nutjobs from the left call me a far-right loonie and the nutjobs from the right call me a far-left loonie.

Welcome to the club.  :)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Says the most hated person on getbig.com.  lol

Let me get that for you:  "report to moderator."   :D

I wouldn't say I'm the MOST hated, ...I may come close, ...but no cigar.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

I heard someone say the other day that people don't start hating on you unless you have the potential for greatness. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Dude.  Take a step back.  This is a discussion board.  Nobody is taking a poll about the stuff you post on here.  This isn't a contest.  Nobody cares what either one of us taps out here.  This is not real life. 

It's easier to understand something if you try and deal with the specific issue at hand, rather than running down rabbit trails with wild unrealistic hypothetical situations.  It's not that hard.  And I'm here to help.   :)

Good luck with that.  Wannabe's like a jilted 12 year old...pathetically desperate to always get in the last word.  Let me know how things go under your tutelage.  :D

Skip8282

• Getbig V

So I wanna be like you?

And now we know the world has truly gone to hell.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Good luck with that.  Wannabe's like a jilted 12 year old...pathetically desperate to always get in the last word.  Let me know how things go under your tutelage.  :D

Sound the bell, school is in, sucka!   :D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Calling someone a hater is a diversionary tactic  done when a person has nothing more constructive to contribute. It's main purpose is to put the opposition on the defensive, necessitating they defend themselves against the accusation.

Its secondary purpose is to convince oneself that it's not their assertion that is wrong but the other person is simply petty.  It's pure name calling.  Don't take this personally this is a general observation and not directed at any one specifically.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Calling someone a hater is a diversionary tactic  done when a person has nothing more constructive to contribute. It's main purpose is to put the opposition on the defensive, necessitating they defend themselves against the accusation.

Its secondary purpose is to convince oneself that it's not their assertion that is wrong but the other person is simply petty.  It's pure name calling.  Don't take this personally this is a general observation and not directed at any one specifically.

Or you could just condesendingly point out spelling errors  ;D

(not you archer, a cetian  "I have no hidden agenda when I post financial collapse articles" victim.)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

(not you archer, a cetian  "I have no hidden agenda when I post financial collapse articles" victim.)

Hey, I know that guy.  ;D
A

avxo

• Getbig V

WHAT?! Not realy life?!?! Queue Darth Vader style "NO!!!!!"

We were trying to deal with a specific issue. You refused to answer questions - very helpful.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
A good percentage of the abortions performed in our area are to terminate pregnancies that resulted from incest. I was pretty surprised to learn that the typical person seeking abortion services didn't fit the stereotype.

24KT

• Getbig V

I won't even try to point out YOUR spelling errors, because the fact that you're a dick far overshadows anything I could possibly point out about your spelling.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I won't even try to point out YOUR spelling errors, because the fact that you're a dick far overshadows anything I could possibly point out about your spelling.

Yet, Just recently you still did any way.

I love how hypocritical you can be. 

Like how you condescendly pointed out how the government lies to us then at the same time posted an article trying spin it as a "no fly zone" over America. 

You are a piece of work girl, I still like ya anyway, I am not one of your "haters"  :-*

Necrosis

• Getbig V

why are you a moderator? you have no expertise in this area and frankly make silly posts quite often. You won't even engage in argument and deflect constantly.

signed another mod.

bears

• Getbig IV
Contrary to popular opinion and "sexy" "attention grabbing" headlines. The majority of abortions are given to married women with children who quite frankly do not want anymore.

As for taking birth control religiously... God forbid a woman requires dental surgery, because dentists have been known to prescribe anti-biotics prior to surgery WITHOUT informing women of the ramifications and negative effects it has on oral contraceptives.

Just in... there has been a recall of the birth control pill Alysena 28. It seems it contains 2 weeks of placebo pills instead of just one.  Taking sugar pills regularly... oh yeah, ...that'll stop an unplanned pregnancy in it's tracks. ::)

These compromised pills have been distributed for the past 4 months, however, women are only now being notified about the problem.

source?  yeah we'll never see that.  and yeah birth control pills are recalled all the time.  YAz has killed or had severe health ramifications for over 10,000 people too.  and you would want someone to give oral progestin that to your 13 year old daughter without your consent?  what if there is something wrong with those?  you don't care about the health risks?  even though they may be small?  again.  im not against abortion.  i'm against someone taking my 13 year old daughter to get one without my consent.  and you're obviously not a parent either.

bears

• Getbig IV
Contrary to popular opinion and "sexy" "attention grabbing" headlines. The majority of abortions are given to married women with children who quite frankly do not want anymore.As for taking birth control religiously... God forbid a woman requires dental surgery, because dentists have been known to prescribe anti-biotics prior to surgery WITHOUT informing women of the ramifications and negative effects it has on oral contraceptives.

may i also remind you that this was exactly what the liberals were saying back in the 1970's that ABORTION WOULD NEVER BE USED FOR.  the argument for the legalization of abortion was for young, single women who had no other options.  it was a last resort.   which goes back to what i always say on how the entire liberal movement for womens rights was based on lies from the beginning.

bears

• Getbig IV
source?  yeah we'll never see that.  and yeah birth control pills are recalled all the time.  YAz has killed or had severe health ramifications for over 10,000 people too.  and you would want someone to give oral progestin that to your 13 year old daughter without your consent?  what if there is something wrong with those?  you don't care about the health risks?  even though they may be small?  again.  im not against abortion.  i'm against someone taking my 13 year old daughter to get one without my consent.  and you're obviously not a parent either.

i should make clear that i dont think the MAP is an abortion pill.  i misspoke in my post.  but i still don't want someone giving my 13 year old daughter an overdose of progestin to prevent conception without my knowledge or consent.  thats just plain irreponsible.