Author Topic: I really miss sports  (Read 7059 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
I really miss sports
« on: June 09, 2020, 05:14:40 AM »
That is all :'(

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: I really miss sports
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 09:13:43 AM »
F*ck spectator sports.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 06:39:50 PM »
Me too.  But be careful what you wish for.  While sports has traditionally been one of the great societal unifiers, you should brace yourself for all sorts of political expression, opinion, etc. to be intertwined with sports when they return.  Not looking forward to that at all. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 07:06:32 PM »
I more bummed about potentially losing a prime year of Cole, etc.
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 10:50:04 PM »
I more bummed about potentially losing a prime year of Cole, etc.

Everybody in MLB from the players to the owners had better get it together and fast.  If they fuck fans out of a meaningful season, there won't be a McGwire-Sosa home run chase any time soon to bail everybody out.  MLB may never recover. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 06:20:16 AM »
Everybody in MLB from the players to the owners had better get it together and fast.  If they fuck fans out of a meaningful season, there won't be a McGwire-Sosa home run chase any time soon to bail everybody out.  MLB may never recover.
Agree totally that the damage will be immense.

They should have done everything possible to open July 4.

If there isn't a huge spike in the virus over the next few weeks, we'll know that the quarrantine went way too long.

Open it back up and just be smart.
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 09:03:25 AM »
That and I just fucking love baseball. I want 16 team playoffs every year and no more dh in either league.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 09:12:49 AM »
That and I just fucking love baseball. I want 16 team playoffs every year and no more dh in either league.

I'm fine with the current playoff structure, but want all series to be 4 out of 7 and shitcan the one game playoff.

For DH, I'm mixed.  But it's really weird that AL/NL play with different rules.
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 04:06:57 PM »
I'm fine with the current playoff structure, but want all series to be 4 out of 7 and shitcan the one game playoff.

For DH, I'm mixed.  But it's really weird that AL/NL play with different rules.

I don't want to watch a game or pay to watch a game where let's say Max Scherzer is twirling a gem but losing 1-0 in the 6th inning and his turn in the line up comes up and they pinch hit for him.  I hate that shit.  I also hate knowing that every ninth hitter you can pencil in as an out.  I am pro DH.  Agree on 4 of 7.  Would even not mind if the playoffs or at least the world series was a destination every year like the super bowl.  Either a warm weather place or a city with either a dome or retractable roof.  Speaking of retractable roofs, MLB fucked up 25-30 years ago when there was a new stadium boon by not mandating all new stadiums are either domed or have retractable roofs.  This takes care of any and all weather issues, length of season, etc.  Plus, teams like the Tigers and Yankees would be able to host events all year long rather than a billion dollar stadium sitting empty for 6 months every year.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 06:39:56 PM »
I don't want to watch a game or pay to watch a game where let's say Max Scherzer is twirling a gem but losing 1-0 in the 6th inning and his turn in the line up comes up and they pinch hit for him.  I hate that shit.  I also hate knowing that every ninth hitter you can pencil in as an out.  I am pro DH.  Agree on 4 of 7.  Would even not mind if the playoffs or at least the world series was a destination every year like the super bowl.  Either a warm weather place or a city with either a dome or retractable roof.  Speaking of retractable roofs, MLB fucked up 25-30 years ago when there was a new stadium boon by not mandating all new stadiums are either domed or have retractable roofs.  This takes care of any and all weather issues, length of season, etc.  Plus, teams like the Tigers and Yankees would be able to host events all year long rather than a billion dollar stadium sitting empty for 6 months every year.

Good post.

The stadium part is spot on.  It's stupid that a summer game's playoffs can be played in frigid temps.

I like the DH too.
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »
Good post.

The stadium part is spot on.  It's stupid that a summer game's playoffs can be played in frigid temps.

I like the DH too.

As a huge baseball fan, I'll always regret never getting to Old Yankee Stadium. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 09:36:18 AM »
As a huge baseball fan, I'll always regret never getting to Old Yankee Stadium.

I was fortunate to have a buddy with season tickets, so I got to witness Game 1 of the 98 WS (Tino GS) / Game 4 of 99 (clincher / Clemens) and a slew of other stuff.

I haven't seen anything live replicate it yet.  The stadium was built "up" instead of wide, and when something huge was happening, it literally shook.  Looking back and up from the 12th row off third base looked like an avalanche of people above you.

Part of it was the context of the team at the time - always winning, crazy rallies and comebacks, etc....but the physical structure contributed a ton.

The new stadium is beautiful, but it's wide to give better sight lines and stuff. I haven't seen it move like the old YS, although reports of the last series with Houston said it finally hit the same decibel levels from the fans.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 12:55:22 PM »
i miss sports esp baseball. i agree that every playoff  series should be 4 out of 7. leave the dh in the american league only. and i'm tired of inter league play let's keep them separate. i'm afraid greed might cancel the season . 162 games went down to 114 now they're talking a 76 or 50 games for the 2020  season.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 04:58:53 PM »
i miss sports esp baseball. i agree that every playoff  series should be 4 out of 7. leave the dh in the american league only. and i'm tired of inter league play let's keep them separate. i'm afraid greed might cancel the season . 162 games went down to 114 now they're talking a 76 or 50 games for the 2020  season.

It's in the collective bargaining agreement that the commissioner can mandate a 50 game season, but hoping it doesn't get to that.

They HAVE to get this right.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2020, 11:39:26 AM »
You're going to miss them even more now.  B1G and Pac 12 have cancelled football.  SEC, ACC, and Big 12 say they are still playing but I doubt it.  This is going to be the worst year for sports ever.  They may not recover.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 07:46:11 PM »
I don't want sports back if it's an half-assed shithole.

I'm a purist. Just sit this shit out for awhile. No fans, lame rules, abbreviated seasons. NOPE.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 04:37:17 AM »
I don't want sports back if it's an half-assed shithole.

I'm a purist. Just sit this shit out for awhile. No fans, lame rules, abbreviated seasons. NOPE.
I agree.  MLB and the NBA should have just cancelled the seasons instead of doing this modified crap.  It would have been even better if they went on as usual without any shutdown.