Author Topic: Squadfather R.I.P. 🇺🇸  (Read 10175 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Squadfather R.I.P. 🇺🇸
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2022, 11:03:36 AM »
He was really funny and original.

I remember the stories he would tell about confronting people at the grocery store and random places.

All lies, but he was actually hilarious.

The king of one line comebacks.

Once he was outed it fell apart because everyone knew he was a fat low life internet warrior.

But i think he was probably the best poster in GB history.

The Squad days were brutal.
It's even better that he was a fat low life internet warrior. Getting owned by a fat Paki is worse than getting owned by Arnold or someone else successful.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2022, 02:00:09 PM »
I have a valid excuse, I've been on a business trip with kiwiol....

That’s one long trip…

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2022, 07:49:16 AM »
Just saw this thread and clicked on the obit link.
I never met the man and in fairness to Squad, I doubt he'd want to meet or even talk with me.
However, while I rarely agreed with his posted views, he was a funny, memorable getbigger.

Sure, he should have done more cardio and cut wt, etc.
But like many legendary getbiggers, he lived life on his terms .
Plus, none of us know when the big guy upstairs calls it a day for us.

RIP Squadfather

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2022, 08:25:02 AM »
I have a valid excuse, I've been on a wrestling trip with Khee Wee....

Fixed

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2022, 11:15:21 PM »
 The Legendary Blockhead here! Can’t log onto my old account for whatever reason. Not sure if Ron manipulated my password or The Choad figured it out and stuck it to me again. Either way let me give ol’ Squad / sarcasm the eulogy he deserves. Props to “mothballs” for letting me log in.  ;)

We cannot deny Diamond Dave Mirza at one point in his career here *was* Getbig. He was everything this forum encompassed during the golden years of 2003 - 2009. To the newbs of this forum those were the years the entire bodybuilding/fitness industry literally moved and shook with what we posted here. Everything lived or died on this forum. Pro’s studied our posts with fear and trembling, fitness girls ran for the hills and ManOnion even made specific calls to have things removed. Hell, supplement companies studied our thoughts and opinions so did Steve Gluteman.
Getbig ruled the world and Squadfather spearheaded the attack on the good, the bad and the ugly in the NPC/IFBB not to mention the tiny tits and less superior members of this board.

Glorious times it was. There is TikTok famous and IG famous in the present day but make no mistake it was more prestigious to be Getbig famous at one time. It’s true. Board members on Getbig at one point were just as popular and well known as Mr Olympia himself. That is a fact.

Let’s go over some of Squad’s better moments:
- Making Mat Duvall back out of meeting up to verify his lifts.
- Driving Derek Anthony to the brink of suicide on a daily basis.
- Creating one of the most illustrious organizations ever to grace this board known as The Squad.
- Causing regulars on here to lay in a puddle of their own drool from the massive ownings causing some to never return or create new gimmicks in hopes of redemption.

We cannot deny the man knew bodybuilding and he knew pop culture. His wit was unrivaled and he was relentless. The unspoken rule here at Getbig was it is better to have Squad on your side.

Allow me now to go over his downfall:
He came on Big Nation Radio. It’s been said before once you are HEARD you are now a TURD.
He also gave up his name.
He also posted that infamous blurry screen door picture out of temptation and pressure. He gave up his mystery. That’s what he had going for him. His anonymity.
That was all during the turning point of Getbig. Where doxing and outing became the thing here.
Dave was massively outed by UK legend… davidpaul.

He was never quite the same. Real pics were posted showing he wasn’t the savage beast he pretended he was. He was simply a hefty jolly Middle Eastern guy who just loved to talk bodybuilding and loved to talk shit amongst his peers. It’s what he really loved to do. He was one of the greatest Internet trolls ever.

Truths & Myths:
He and I did have a friendly relationship most of the time talking on the phone offline sending texts periodically. He had Chicago roots. He had family here and he would come to the city being 5hrs away in the St Louis area but he would never meet up with me. He would just tell me when he was on his way home.
“Bro. Went to a Cubs game. Stopped at this restaurant. We stayed here. We seen this. Seen that. Drove down Lake Shore Drive.”
I knew it was better not to call him out and ask him why he didn’t tell me to maybe meet up for a workout or lunch. He just wouldn’t answer back when I did a couple of times over the years.
I always suspected he didn’t trust me in his heart of hearts.
He was active on M U S C L E Week. He was. But even then he would push Ed and I and try to get under our skin. Exposing what he knew about us IRL. We always suspected he was a boozer. He liked to drink and he would get angry using the forum he was on as his outlet.
Let’s see…
Jenny BEAST did have a powerlifting meet once in his hometown in which he said he was going to as a spectator. I explained she wanted to meet up with him maybe do lunch and even traded their phones numbers.  He never showed. She even sent him a text or two which went unfounded. That was maybe around 2008.
In situations like that he would hide from the boards for a couple weeks then have some drinks and log on in a fiery rage attempting to own or humiliate anyone in his path.

Diamond Dave had his demons for sure. Don’t we all.
When he was outed by the clever investigations of davidpaul it devastated him. I mean it leveled him.
He called me and Ed and his first words were….
“What do I do now?”
He was never the same. Ever. He didn’t know how to recoup and recover from that. He couldn’t hide anymore.

Over the years he and I lost touch. As we all know MW went defunct after a virus was unleashed on the site and it became too much of a hassle.
Ed and I became less active on Getbig and social media sort of took over the landscape making forums almost as obscure and irrelevant as VCR’s.
It’s good to see this forum stand the test of time. Seeing many of the old regulars. Makes me proud.

Despite all Dave’s lesser points he was a decent guy. I suspect he was lonely and didn’t have a good personal life. I also suspected he was an alcoholic and had social anxieties. Something tells me he used anti depressants and was dependent on family.

Here’s to Diamond Dave Mirza. One of the greatest most feared jesters this board has ever witnessed.
Forum scholars not even born yet will be studying his work one day. I truly believe that.

What stuck with me the most is I still use “quotation marks” when I text people mostly women I run Game on because it always throws them off and confuses them.
Ex;  Okay, “Michelle” ,  “I’ll text you later “Janet”.
Such brilliance that he brought to fruition here.

- Block!

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2022, 12:51:23 AM »
Derek Anthony got the credit, but it was Alex, and a few other disgruntle squad members that outed him, maybe Special Ed too. I also sorta remember when he started to call into various podcasts, more and more stuff came out.

In the end Dave got too comfortable. If he just stayed the anonymous Squadfather, he probably would've been here till the end.

"If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. See, your murders come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life."

Derek Anthony did get the credit but it was davidpaul who did the leg work. He just used Derek as his pawn. davidpaul would literally call me from the UK while it was happening and told me he funneled all the pics and info to Derek Anthony.
The potato chip guy was not him but everything else was.
Address etc.

Honestly? It was the doxing that took this forum to epic to mediocre. I don’t think Alex had much to do with Diamond Dave being outed.

- Block!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2022, 03:51:39 AM »
It’s good to see this forum stand the test of time. Seeing many of the old regulars. Makes me proud.

This forum is a special place.  It's not just a bunch of meatheads and teenagers like most other bb forums, it's a lot of people with a lot of interesting backgrounds and interests who are largely very intelligent and happen to enjoy the "iron game" (oh brother).  I will read and post here until either I or the forum are defunct.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2022, 07:30:55 AM »
Derek Anthony did get the credit but it was davidpaul who did the leg work. He just used Derek as his pawn. davidpaul would literally call me from the UK while it was happening and told me he funneled all the pics and info to Derek Anthony.
Address etc.

Honestly? It was the doxing that took this forum to epic to mediocre. I don’t think Alex had much to do with Diamond Dave being outed.

- Block!

Thank you for fleshing out the story, and correcting it :).

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2022, 08:05:13 AM »
Either way let me give ol’ Squad / sarcasm the eulogy he deserves. Props to “mothballs” for letting me log in.  ;)

- Block!

Excellent summation.

Dave "Squad" was certainly a character. He was around during some of the more exciting times here on GetBig. We just had so many damn personalities that got a kick out of pure humor and clever banter. It was the wild west of forums (in many ways it still is) and we had an incredibly talented group of trolls that cared less about destroying the forum and instead really became part of the landscape over the years.

This literally became a place where trolls could feel as if they were finally at home. That's a testament in itself considering that most of the major bodybuilding forums have gone defunct.

"1"

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2022, 08:18:06 AM »

Good to get a final answer on the potato chip pic which (at the time) even Squad-ally Mars said was Dave.

Anyway...if Dave had any regrets on his deathbed, then eating a bag of chips (or never really dieting) probably wasn't one of 'em.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2022, 08:36:37 AM »
Good to get a final answer on the potato chip pic which (at the time) even Squad-ally Mars said was Dave.

Anyway...if Dave had any regrets on his deathbed, then eating a bag of chips (or never really dieting) probably wasn't one of 'em.

Link to Potato Chip pic?

I have vague memories
Q

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2022, 08:42:12 AM »
Link to Potato Chip pic?

I have vague memories

First post in this big thread -

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=136621.0 .

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2022, 01:39:42 PM »
i'm surprised anybody thought he was actually the potato chip guy, i thought that was an obvious joke

E
E

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2022, 05:16:59 PM »
Q

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2022, 08:09:33 PM »
This forum is a special place.  It's not just a bunch of meatheads and teenagers like most other bb forums, it's a lot of people with a lot of interesting backgrounds and interests who are largely very intelligent and happen to enjoy the "iron game" (oh brother).  I will read and post here until either I or the forum are defunct.

You absolutely nailed it with this post 💯 8)
T

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2022, 04:25:56 AM »
Still living in people's minds and owning them.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2022, 08:38:44 AM »
Still living in people's minds and owning them.

x2, you can tell his true impact by how obsessed so many posters still are with him even though he hasn't posted in years.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2022, 09:23:25 AM »
i'm surprised anybody thought he was actually the potato chip guy

Given the amount of fanfare potato chip guy has garnered so far, I wonder if we could possibly get a hold of him and get him to post here. He would clearly fit right in.

"1"

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2022, 10:22:09 AM »
Given the amount of fanfare potato chip guy has garnered so far, I wonder if we could possibly get a hold of him and get him to post here. He would clearly fit right in.

"1"

What if potato chip guy is actually Howard?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2022, 10:25:32 AM »
I have utilized the " " on people's names on other places.

Drives them absolutely insane, especially when it's their real name.
Y

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2022, 10:54:15 AM »
It's even better that he was a fat low life internet warrior. Getting owned by a fat Paki is worse than getting owned by Arnold or someone else successful.

Haha this is a great point I was disappointed back then when seen how he really looked but what you said is a better way to look at it now I’m glad he was a fat paki

Nether the less bloke was fucking hilarious looking back now his owning stories were lame but his ability to insult during a back and forth is legendary

Rip

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2022, 11:03:34 AM »

"1"

What’s this guy’s backstory? Does he even lift?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2022, 11:23:01 AM »
You absolutely nailed it with this post 💯 8)

Getbig is also much more inclusive than it often receives credit for.  For example, some of the most celebrated getbiggers are gay men (Vince G, OMR, UK Jeffly, bhanks, etc.)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2022, 05:04:01 AM »
Gay as the day is long

Bench

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2022, 08:07:11 AM »