Author Topic: Eating Disorders and Bodybuilding  (Read 2516 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Eating Disorders and Bodybuilding
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2022, 05:21:37 AM »
Fixed

Nonsense bigorexia is the same thing but again regardless are you in any kind of shape at all? I mean do you train or are you again someone who doesnt train talking about what motivates those who do? I mean great screenname but are you just a poser? Tristen Lee is mentally weak? Dude maintained starvation for 2 years you think that is easy?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2022, 10:21:00 AM »
Nonsense bigorexia is the same thing but again regardless are you in any kind of shape at all? I mean do you train or are you again someone who doesnt train talking about what motivates those who do? I mean great screenname but are you just a poser? Tristen Lee is mentally weak? Dude maintained starvation for 2 years you think that is easy?

I lift every day and amazingly I have not developed anorexia, my asshole does not bleed, and my resting heart rate is less than 100.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2022, 11:32:42 AM »
I lift every day and amazingly I have not developed anorexia, my asshole does not bleed, and my resting heart rate is less than 100.

You just aren't training hard enough.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2022, 11:54:36 AM »
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2022, 12:15:15 PM »

Bigorexia (muscle dysmorphia), is defined as a body dysmorphic disorder that triggers a preoccupation with the idea that your body is too small or not muscular enough. Bigorexia can lead to: steroid misuse, depression, thoughts of suicide, disordered eating and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

The bottom line is that this is a mental disorder. If you suspect you have it, seek help: National Eating Disorder Helpline. https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/help-support/contact-helpline

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2022, 12:39:02 PM »
I was donating because of my naturally thick blood but made the mistake of going every 3 months. They do that little hemoglobin thumb test, but that doesn’t necessarily your iron and/or ferritin levels are normal. There’s something called non-anemic iron/ferritin deficiency where you have all of the symptoms of anemia except for the low hemoglobin. I should’ve been supplementing with iron between visits, but I eat plenty of eggs and meat and it was in my multivitamin. It still wasn’t enough. My ferritin was in the teens when I did labs 1.5 months after donating. It must’ve been near 0 because I was feeling fatigued and my hair was shedding more than usual. There was a study of frequent blood donors and the majority of those who went 3-4 a year were anemic or had very low ferritin levels. One Blood and other donation centers are telling people it’s time again to donate after two months which is way too frequent unless you’re heavily supplementing with iron year-round. It’s kind of unethical on their part.

Thanks for sharing. This is good information.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2022, 12:45:28 PM »
I was donating because of my naturally thick blood but made the mistake of going every 3 months. They do that little hemoglobin thumb test, but that doesn’t necessarily your iron and/or ferritin levels are normal. There’s something called non-anemic iron/ferritin deficiency where you have all of the symptoms of anemia except for the low hemoglobin. I should’ve been supplementing with iron between visits, but I eat plenty of eggs and meat and it was in my multivitamin. It still wasn’t enough. My ferritin was in the teens when I did labs 1.5 months after donating. It must’ve been near 0 because I was feeling fatigued and my hair was shedding more than usual. There was a study of frequent blood donors and the majority of those who went 3-4 a year were anemic or had very low ferritin levels. One Blood and other donation centers are telling people it’s time again to donate after two months which is way too frequent unless you’re heavily supplementing with iron year-round. It’s kind of unethical on their part.

Eat omega 3 rich fish or take fish oil supplements regularly for your thick blood if you don't already.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2022, 01:56:12 PM »
Eat omega 3 rich fish or take fish oil supplements regularly for your thick blood if you don't already.

Nature's Bounty Fish Oil 1200 mg / 360 mg Omega 3 taken once daily. It's also beneficial for treating glaucoma. Grapefruit also lowers hematocrit. 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2022, 02:36:07 PM »

You lift everyday? Ok prove it lets see your dedication to training and diet has gotten you. If it has gotten you anywhere if you socialized with others who were into the sport you would recognize the manic compulsive body dsymorphia overtraining and eating disorders that inherently seem to develop when people take this shit too serious. In every gym there is someone training 2 hours a day running on coffee and vitamins completely overtrained counting their calories and dying.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2022, 03:12:39 PM »
You lift everyday? Ok prove it lets see your dedication to training and diet has gotten you. If it has gotten you anywhere if you socialized with others who were into the sport you would recognize the manic compulsive body dsymorphia overtraining and eating disorders that inherently seem to develop when people take this shit too serious. In every gym there is someone training 2 hours a day running on coffee and vitamins completely overtrained counting their calories and dying.

Supposedly you've been open about your eating habits and workout routines. Do you think that you sometimes go overboard? Would you define yourself as obsessive with regards to bodybuilding? How much of your time is devoted to bodybuilding, which includes both your diet and exercise routine as well as weighing yourself and (IMO) continuously posting selfies and boasting about your progress?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2022, 03:26:50 PM »

This is just you bro. Normal people can train every day without developing some sort of disorder. Some of us can train one hour a day without issue, some 2 hours a day, some more. Most of us who did more than one sport in high school even did 2 a days without suffering from anorexia. Your idea of anorexia is way too broad.

The people dying aren't dying from lack of calories and over training. They're dying from long term and short term abuse of drugs and combining recreational drugs with their supplementations... and covid... and the covid vaccination... and genetic predispositions  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2022, 06:11:12 PM »
In every gym there is someone training 2 hours a day running on coffee and vitamins completely overtrained counting their calories and dying.
No there's not. Just something wrong with you, you're killing yourself from the inside and we get to watch. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2022, 09:02:08 PM »
Nature's Bounty Fish Oil 1200 mg / 360 mg Omega 3 taken once daily. It's also beneficial for treating glaucoma. Grapefruit also lowers hematocrit.
I take this

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2022, 09:12:09 PM »

Everyone laughs when I talked about Anorexia but eating and body image disorders are a real issue in fitness. I am going to give Nick serious props for actually addressing this. You can never be big enough or lean enough you can't win but you can get obsessed and hurt yourself through starvation overtraining on the flip side you can have issues from excessive calorie intake going back and forth between the two extremes is even more stressful on your system.

I didn’t watch the video but I just can’t take this clown seriously…..

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2022, 03:25:25 PM »
I didn’t watch the video but I just can’t take this clown seriously…..

All I am saying is some people take it too far and get overtrained underfed and or dehydrated with electrolyte imbalances cramps and eventual organ failure etc etc

People acting like they haven't seen this at their local gyms are not paying attention