Author Topic: Christmas is pagan  (Read 15512 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Christmas is pagan
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 05:59:28 PM »
so then the debate begins.. what's for show? whats sincere? When a preacher, any preacher is before a congregation, or any christian in any setting that says "Oh father...we ask that you......... Oh father we thank you for....and dear father... etc etc... "

It's blatant BS. it's a rehearsed chant that is said for the sake of ritual. Any given sunday in any given church, you see the show... So while there may be a rare public prayer meant in earnest... 99% of those prayers you hear in those places, fit the exact description of what Jesus said NOT to do... but hey, who the hell is he anyway...?  :o

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
There is one benefit to xmas.... sales lmao  ;D

Guess who's getting anavar for cheap  ;D Brb singing anavar song

Now back on topic lol.. yes it has nothing to do with Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), and everything to do with pagan origins and subduing the pagans in the roman empire.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 05:35:54 AM »
so then the debate begins.. what's for show? whats sincere? When a preacher, any preacher is before a congregation, or any christian in any setting that says "Oh father...we ask that you......... Oh father we thank you for....and dear father... etc etc... "

It's blatant BS. it's a rehearsed chant that is said for the sake of ritual. Any given sunday in any given church, you see the show... So while there may be a rare public prayer meant in earnest... 99% of those prayers you hear in those places, fit the exact description of what Jesus said NOT to do... but hey, who the hell is he anyway...?  :o

With that position, this is where the debate should probably end; although, I will say that men like Billy Graham, Ken Freeman, Ravi Zacharias and Nick Vujicic that regularly speak and pray publically are some of the most genuine, loving men of God I've ever seen.

If you ever have an opportunity to hear Ken or Nick speak please take advantage.  Those men truly just wanna love you and share Christ with you.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »
Maybe there is hope for Islam if they convert to a real religion of peace.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »

It's blatant BS. it's a rehearsed chant that is said for the sake of ritual. Any given sunday in any given church, you see the show... So while there may be a rare public prayer meant in earnest... 99% of those prayers you hear in those places, fit the exact description of what Jesus said NOT to do... but hey, who the hell is he anyway...?  :o

Agnostic007 ain't lying.  I partially agree with him on this.  

Many Christians have made prayer too public.  Many of them pray sincerely, out loud, in public to witness to unbelievers through their prayer.  But I am not sure that prayer is a tool for witnessing.  Prayer is for talking to God.

And I believe many Christians pray sincerely, out loud, in public because they have been taught that is what they are supposed to do, even though Jesus taught both by word and by example to pray in private:  

Luke 5:16
But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Where I disagree with Agnostic007 is his idea that most Christians who pray in public do it to show off.  I am sure some do, but not many.  They are sincere, but just misinformed, in my opinion.  

And Jesus did say short prayers in public some times:

Matthew 14:19
And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.

Luke 10:21
At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
Agnostic007 ain't lying.  I partially agree with him on this.  

Many Christians have made prayer too public.  Many of them pray sincerely, out loud, in public to witness to unbelievers through their prayer.  But I am not sure that prayer is a tool for witnessing.  Prayer is for talking to God.

And I believe many Christians pray sincerely, out loud, in public because they have been taught that is what they are supposed to do, even though Jesus thought both by word and by example to pray in private:  

Luke 5:16
But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Where I disagree with Agnostic007 is his idea that most Christians who pray in public do it to show off.  I am sure some do, but not many.  They are sincere, but just misinformed, in my opinion.  

And Jesus did say short prayers in public some times:

Matthew 14:19
And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.

Luke 10:21
At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

You may have a point about most thinking it's sincere. I guess my contention is like you said, while they may think they are sincere, it's actually counter productive.   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »
Sex parties? Related to Christmas? Wtf kind of childhood did you have Assmed? No wonder your a fucking fruit loop. Where you get this stuff sometimes all I can do is lol.

Uh Nick, hate to break it to you, but's true.
He got it from the pages of history.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »
And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward. 6But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.

7But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8Be not you therefore like to them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask him.

QFT
w

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 09:19:32 AM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »

Dustin off an old apologetic classic.....Mithra and Christ!!

Here's another oldie but goodie kids......here's Horus and Christ by the Egyptians!!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 02:53:17 PM »
Still interesting to see that many of the practices that were introduced into christianity were not originally in the teachings of jesus or his followers.

After all did Jesus forbid 'priests' from marrying? Rabbis married. Jesus was a rabbi, sure he didn't marry, but how does one then make a man made law forbidding religious leadership from marrying?

Little by little small introduced man made laws and practices came about.

December 25th is not the birth of Jesus. Jesus did not advocate such celebrations either. The list goes on.

The many things they talk about are fascinating.

The concept of the trinity itself is not new. Even hindus believe in three 'main gods' but one 'head god' etc...

The video you posted is not comparable to the video I posted which talks about historical specifics including christian scripture that the early church fathers feared.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
This was the first video I found on youtube after searching for Horus and Christianity.....I didn't even watch it LOL.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »

It's fascinating for me as a muslim listening to this. How Jews speak lies against Jesus and also the truth. And how they view christianity but falsely accuse jesus instead of knowing in fact paul is the one that started christianity

Likewise as a Muslim fascinating as the qur'an answers both sides about the very things they say. SUch as Jews saying they killed Jesus, the various accusations against Mary and Jesus. Which christianians delusionally don't understand (for example like in the thread where 'everyoen is painted happy' with mary showing the baby jesus. This is not fact, the fact was the Muslim narrative of Mary and Jesus which is in line with the jewish narrative.

Jews would have accuse zacharia and mary of false things. In particular mary of adultery, trying to put her to death for dishonoring a priest, etc... etc...

Just fascinating only a muslim could see the comparative situation between the two sides.

Also point in fact quite amusing how certain evangelical christians are so hardcore israel when in fact israelis hate christians. Fact.

To me it's amazing how the qur'an answers and explains all these people's hate, confusion, misguidance, not getting a long, etc...

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 10:22:59 PM »
watch this video(i know you guys hate vids, but please take a look and see what this isreali has to say starts at :30)

watch the first 1:30 min of it... to get a full grasp of things.

they insult jesus(peace be upon him)! they insult one of the greatest prophets of God! yet some christians bash and hate muslims who love jesus(pbuh) and have great respect for him and his mother! infact mary is one of the few women mentioned in the Quran, she even has a chapter about her!

just for people who dont know: Muslims love and respect Moses, Jesus and Mohammad(as well as all the other prophets peace be upon them all).

people think Muslims are hostile to Christians(which is FALSE) yet they go and support isreal. it dosent make sense!