Author Topic: Is a calorie................  (Read 8483 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Is a calorie................
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2011, 05:23:01 PM »
You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

Actually almost 20% of American's have the h pylori bacteria sitting in their intestines. Mainly comes from feces. Almost all ice cream(thats made from cow's milk) has trace amounts of feces in it.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2011, 04:42:14 AM »
Adonis indicated the real issue everyone is up in arms about earlier in this thread.

The real point the "calorie is a calorie" people are trying to make is that, as long as your caloric intake AND MACRONUTRIENT PROFILE is suited for your goal, IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER MUCH WHERE THOSE CALORIES COME FROM, and no amount of dogmatic "but this is what all the bodybuilders do!!!" reasoning is going to change that.

They are trying to dispel the rampant and ludicrous "bro-science" claims about "clean eating," and why you can have yams but not white potatoes, and why mcdonalds will literally give you an aneurysm if you even sniff it, and why if you cook your quinoa too long it becomes toxic, and why you need to eat two bags of broccoli a day, and why your muscles will actually fall of your body if you don't ingest at least two bone dry unseasoned chicken breasts per meal, and why that evil non-intramuscular-glycogen-replenishing fruit juice is like, totally unacceptable and so on and so forth until everyone's head has completely exploded and Coach's "advisers'" pockets are brimming with cash.

As long as you keep your macro nutrients in some sort of decent balance and your calibrate your caloric intake for your goals, you will achieve the body composition you desire.  Whether you fill your daily allotment of carbs, fats, and protein with chicken breast and rice or mcdonalds, you'll end up in roughly the same place.  That's the whole fucking reason people invented categories of macronutrients and applied energy ratings (calories) to food in the first place -- so that no matter what you ate you could understand the effect it was going to have on your body.

Yes micronutrition is important too, but for anyone to say that they actually know what sort of effect a particular diet (that isn't extremely simplistic and completely lacking in variety) will have on a person's body composition due to micronutrition is beyond absurd.  I don't care how many PhDs they have.

For body composition purposes, wavelength's diet guide is all you need to know.  And as far as I can remember you could fit it on the back of a damn napkin.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2011, 05:22:34 AM »
Even if you were taking the right amount of protein and ate shit the rest of the day even if you kept within your calorie range the result would be........shit. The right foods mean EVERYTHING.

this is veyr very wrong,, its not exactly what adonis say but it also far from what you say ,,

its the DRUGS AND DRUG TYPES WHO WILL DETERMINE YOUR BODY COMPOSITION in the big scheme of things,, if you think we get to be 250lb 5% by eating chiken and potato lol then you are severly wrong ,,

i keep saying it to you all again and again ,, you need to have macros in as in protien ,,enough protien yes! but the drugs will determine the condition ,, a drug like trenbolona when taken with hgh  after 3-4 months even less! put you at 6% no matter fuckin what ,, down from 13-14 to 6%!!  the drug does it not the diet!,, the diet actualy will have to be rich in calories and carbs and protien ,,it is much less to do about the diet and more to do about the drug and the dose and DURATION!! of intake ,,you can get to a point when you take drug too long of a time when later on even if you want! its very hard for you to add bodyfat!

ask anyone who been truly lean .... it is not easy to gain fat back when on the drugs i mention ,, you dont ,, you gain water! ,, once one is truly lean they stay lean and can eat very less strict diet IF on hgh and trenbolona,,even if trenbolona is out and hgh is taken in low dose ...still can eat  a lot of shit!  and be lean ! 

now when you talk from 6 to 4% it involve some dieting ,, but! you must get to 6% and big and thick enouhg so you can play with diet between 6 and 4 %,, it is really a matter of the right drugs in system ,,

fi anyone here ever tried trenbolona for 4-5 months  and hgh ...they know what im talkin about... if anyone here was consistant with testosterona doses and trenbolona doses for long enough time along with hgh even for short time the hgh...they know what im talkin about,, we need NEED to eat icecream and jamaican and some 5 guy and german and pizza we NEED TO EAT IT because if we dont we lose bodyfat too fast im being very very serious ,,

people need to stop selling balonie about diet very restricted in calories because this is not how it is ,, its just not how it is ,, its the drugs that determine what you can eat or not!

if hgh in blood ,,if trenbolona in blood ,, if testosterona in blood....you can pretty much eat whatever the fuck you want as long as you really dont sit and drink oikl al day long or eat junk food 7 times a day ,, always within some balance...but really on hgh trenbolona and testosterona you pretty much can be normal human being  that take more protien and be RIPPED ! yes you may hold some more water,,,     but! but! you will be 6% and it will show and you will be lean and ripped to anyone ,, you will look like a bodybuilder and will look in most cases  10 times better than the fella who ate his brokoly and dry chiken and calculated his 276calories for meal number 58 that day...

gh15 approved
fallen angel

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2011, 05:28:04 PM »
How important is supplementing with t3 and t4 when on hgh? Anthony Roberts insists that you have to use t4 when on HGH and guys here like Flintstone agree 100%. Some even claim that taking t3 instead of t4 while on gh is bad for you. I find that claim a bit hard to believe as I assume every competitor out there is using both HGH and t3 when prepping.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »
How important is supplementing with t3 and t4 when on hgh? Anthony Roberts insists that you have to use t4 when on HGH and guys here like Flintstone agree 100%. Some even claim that taking t3 instead of t4 while on gh is bad for you. I find that claim a bit hard to believe as I assume every competitor out there is using both HGH and t3 when prepping.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2011, 12:17:18 AM »
This ongoing discussion seems to take on an almost ideological bent. Of course a calorie is a calorie. A measure of a unit of energy. Or rather a measure of heat energy. The energy needed to raise a gram of water 1 C. One calorie from sugar is the same as one calorie from a peanut. And the only way to lose body weight (not water weight) is to be at a caloric deficit and to gain weight a caloric surplus. No way around this.

But Disgusted is right that a "calorie in" is not the same as a "calorie out" because it makes a difference how it is is processed in the body. Sugar will elicit more of an insulin response than olive oil. If you drink a cup of grape juice a 98.8 degrees and a cup at 30 degrees it will have a different effect on your body. More calories will be expended having to heat up the 25 degree juice to body temp. Processing protein requires more calories than processing a sugar cube. If a food stuff is high in fiber again it will require more energy to process. It is indeed true that because of the amount of cellulose in celery you will burn more energy processing that celery stalk than it's caloric value.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/celery.asp

"Celery is actually loaded with latent energy, but the plant's composition only allows us to metabolize a small amount. The latent energy is packed tightly in the form of cellulose; a complex sugar which humans are unable to metabolize. It's not that the celery is difficult to digest, but rather it provides fewer calories than what is needed to digest it - so the overall effect is "negative calories."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2011, 12:47:14 AM »
This ongoing discussion seems to take on an almost ideological bent. Of course a calorie is a calorie. A measure of a unit of energy. Or rather a measure of heat energy. The energy needed to raise a gram of water 1 C. One calorie from sugar is the same as one calorie from a peanut. And the only way to lose body weight (not water weight) is to be at a caloric deficit and to gain weight a caloric surplus. No way around this.

But Disgusted is right that a "calorie in" is not the same as a "calorie out" because it makes a difference how it is is processed in the body. Sugar will elicit more of an insulin response than olive oil. If you drink a cup of grape juice a 98.8 degrees and a cup at 30 degrees it will have a different effect on your body. More calories will be expended having to heat up the 25 degree juice to body temp. Processing protein requires more calories than processing a sugar cube. If a food stuff is high in fiber again it will require more energy to process. It is indeed true that because of the amount of cellulose in celery you will burn more energy processing that celery stalk than it's caloric value.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/celery.asp

"Celery is actually loaded with latent energy, but the plant's composition only allows us to metabolize a small amount. The latent energy is packed tightly in the form of cellulose; a complex sugar which humans are unable to metabolize. It's not that the celery is difficult to digest, but rather it provides fewer calories than what is needed to digest it - so the overall effect is "negative calories."

"Negative Energy" foods and the TEF theory is pointless as can be if you are consuming calories in a consistent caloric deficit.  Furthermore, if you are not in a caloric deficit its pointless as well as it is negligible.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2011, 02:03:10 AM »
"Negative Energy" foods and the TEF theory is pointless as can be if you are consuming calories in a consistent caloric deficit.  Furthermore, if you are not in a caloric deficit its pointless as well as it is negligible.

Whether it is pointless or not or whether it makes a real world difference the point is that though a calorie is a calorie a "calorie in" is not the same as a "calorie out."

Also, and I believe this will make more of a difference than the energy required processing different food stuffs which I suspect is negligible, there are certain types of foods that leave you feeling more satiated than others making it easier to eat less. It was called foods that "stick to your ribs" back in my day. For example, I can pack in way more calories in one sitting eating glazed donuts and come back for more in a relatively short time than I can, say, eating a lean steak. The common joke about the problem with banging a Chinese girl is that an hour later you're horny again is based on the very true, at least for me, that after gorging myself at a good Chinese restaurant, I'm hungry again in a couple of hours. Not the same when going to Tony Romas and going through a rack of ribs and bake potato.

Losing or gaining weight is simple but for many, if not most, not easy. If you are at a maintenance weight then simply eating less and moving more will put you in a caloric deficit. And if we were simply machines that don't have feelings or experience discomfort and hunger then it would be easy to gain or lose weight. But we are not machines. And that is why the majority of people are fat in this country. The idea of enduring even the slightest bit of discomfort or deprivation, let alone real pain, is something completely foreign in our enormously prosperous and affluent society.