Author Topic: Is a calorie................  (Read 8485 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Is a calorie................
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »
Unfortunately, I do not remember what the nutritional expert said, but he stated that the body breaks it down differently.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 09:46:19 AM »
If I'm pwning you again in these types of theads then just bail out, you're arguement is weak which is why you come back with juvenile answers such as this.

You stated "eating shit".  I take that as eating feces as I do not know what else to interpret it as.

Can you please provide a comprehensive and complete list of what "eating shit" entails?  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »
Unfortunately, I do not remember what the nutritional expert said, but he stated that the body breaks it down differently.

Then you have "nutritional experts" who claim you can lose weight on a twinkie diet......no shit. You can lose weight on anything is calories are low enough.

EKnight

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 09:49:13 AM »
Then you have "nutritional experts" who claim you can lose weight on a twinkie diet......no shit. You can lose weight on anything is calories are low enough.

That was my point exactly. For 99% of the people on this planet, a calorie is just a calorie. And sorry, I'm going to take the advice of a nutrition professor with a doctorate in his field of the advice of someone on an internet forum. -EK

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
Of course, but that has little to do with what we are talking about.  Getting adequate and complete nutrition is relatively easy to do by default and this includes the necessary amounts for weight training/bodybuilding.

For instance, you can`t treat Scurvy with Protein.  This is not what we are debating.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 09:50:22 AM »
That was my point exactly. For 99% of the people on this planet, a calorie is just a calorie. And sorry, I'm going to take the advice of a nutrition professor with a doctorate in his field of the advice of someone on an internet forum. -EK
Got any pics of these nutrition professors?

EKnight

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 09:51:30 AM »
Got any pics of these nutrition professors?

What does that have to do with anything? Google the guy if you're interested in his appearance. It doesn't discount his knowledge. -EK

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 09:52:57 AM »

My 14 year old son could have told you the same thing. But our advisors do have doctorates so I'm just not talking out my ass.

EKnight

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54:44 AM »
My 14 year old son could have told you the same thing. But our advisors do have doctorates so I'm just not talking out my ass.

I didn't say- or mean to imply that you were. The way you put nutrition experts in quotes made it seem like they have no knowledge, training, or viable advice to offer though, which is short-sighted and not correct. -EK

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
What does that have to do with anything? Google the guy if you're interested in his appearance. It doesn't discount his knowledge. -EK
It has a lot to do with it..........I understand that they aren`t bodybuilders,but we already agreed you can lose weight eating anything you want as long as you are in a calorie deficit.

I`d like to see their fat to muscle ratio.

Anyway,eat all the crap you want......I`ll do it my way as it has always worked even if you wanna` call it "bro science" matters not to me.

At 56 I look as good as I ever did .......possibly better and eat I no twinkies.

EKnight

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
It has a lot to do with it..........I understand that they aren`t bodybuilders,but we already agreed you can lose weight eating anything you want as long as you are in a calorie deficit.

I`d like to see their fat to muscle ratio.

Anyway,eat all the crap you want......I`ll do it my way as it has always worked even if you wanna` call it "bro science" matters not to me.

At 56 I look as good as I ever did .......possibly better and eat I no twinkies.

Great for you. But, we actually did NOT all agree on that. Someone on page one started in with the macronutrient stuff, and while it's an applicable point for people who weight train, it isn't the end all, be all for everyone. Regarding muscle to fat ratio, twinkie diet guy improved his substantially. How many people on this board actually have won anything at the national or world level? Stop taking life so seriously! -EK

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
Some dude on here said he was eating dog food wonder how that figures into the mix?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 10:04:36 AM »
Great for you. But, we actually did NOT all agree on that. Someone on page one started in with the macronutrient stuff, and while it's an applicable point for people who weight train, it isn't for everyone. Regarding muscle to fat ratio, twinkie diet guy improved his substantially. -EK
I agreed on it and that`s all that matters to me!

I bet twinkie guy is a fucking twinkie.

Eat marshmallows,look like a marshmallow.

Carry on !  :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »
Some dude on here said he was eating dog food wonder how that figures into the mix?
Makes you chase cars and piss on fire hydrants......bad side effects bro!!  LOL  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 10:05:43 AM »
I didn't say- or mean to imply that you were. The way you put nutrition experts in quotes made it seem like they have no knowledge, training, or viable advice to offer though, which is short-sighted and not correct. -EK

The thing that bothers me about these media happy experts is that they capitalize on things most of the public already knows. TA changes his tune quite a bit when these types of threads come up. Just about everyone on here knows he's just on here to instigate. He was called out BIG TIME on here by mindspin who offered an all expenses paid trip to So. Cal (Corona Del Mar) to debate with Dr. Connely. I offered to set him up with a debate with Dr. John Berardi. He made excuses and refused. As far as I'm concerned these threads are pretty useless but I still get baited.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:30 AM »
Makes you chase cars and piss on fire hydrants......bad side effects bro!!  LOL  ;D
:D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 10:19:31 AM »
The thing that bothers me about these media happy experts is that they capitalize on things most of the public already knows. TA changes his tune quite a bit when these types of threads come up. Just about everyone on here knows he's just on here to instigate. He was called out BIG TIME on here by mindspin who offered an all expenses paid trip to So. Cal (Corona Del Mar) to debate with Dr. Connely. I offered to set him up with a debate with Dr. John Berardi. He made excuses and refused. As far as I'm concerned these threads are pretty useless but I still get baited.
1. I am not here to just instigate contrary to your claim.

2. The only reason I would ever go to California would be to see the Redwoods and Sequoias, hopefully staying at Hearst Castle.  I`d also like to visit some historic sites there and some of their museums.  The VERY LAST THING I`D EVER want to do is debate a hackneyed point that should be rather elementary by now.

3.  I`m too busy with archaeological digs on my property as it is to be bothered by someone like Berardi who sits in some office all day counting Protein grams and praying to Jesus.  I`d rather find rusted horseshoes than give him audience.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
What's so hard to understand???

A calorie IS a calorie if you are looking to simply lose weight.  In other words, if you want to lose 30 pounds in 2-3 months, make sure to only eat 1000 calories or less per day, regardless of what you eat.  Doing this, you will lose a lot of weight, but your body composition will look shitty.

A calorie IS not a calorie if you want to actually look slim and muscular.  If you consume a decent amount of protein, fats & carbs, all the while maintaining a caloric deficit under 1000 calories, you will also lose a lot of weight, but your end result will be slightly better by way of retaining more muscle mass.

The major difference between the first scenario and the second is that during the first scenario, you don't have to worry about doing any form of exercise.  In the second scenario, exercise will make a huge difference.

What is the problem here?
"1"

EKnight

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »

That's cool. I'm new here, and don't know him, you, or anyone else. What I do know is that there is a big world out there outside of the realm of lifting, and for most people, counting calories is still the best way to manipulate body fat- at least to start with. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Carry on. -EK

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »
Another TA excuse.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »
Even if I were not talking bodybuilding, macros are important. Anyone can lose weight being calorie deficit but body composition in ANYONE is important. You also have to take into consideration body types as well as health and genetic predisposition. It's never black and white as TA and wavelength claim.  

Sure, but eating a well balanced diet will assure someone getting his adequate macros. High protein intakes are not necessary, so by eating a wide variety of foods one can get optimal protein, carbs & fats and focus on calories in order to lose fat or gain muscle. For example if I choose to get 200 of calories from bread instead of oatmeal, I don't think there is any difference.
I'm referring to non competitive naturals of course. When someone is on drugs and doing bb contests it may be different.
You maybe right about body types, genetics, etc. I can only speak for myself and I honestly much prefer eating sort of like TA does. Results are similar to when I was eating like a "bodybuilder", actually I'm leaner than before.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »
these debates are best solved doing this:

1. i eat this (list your food)
2. i look like this (post your picture)

whoever wins by a clear majority is right, yes?
Deep Tissue Massage

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »

Yes.

"1"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

Correct.
I have yet to see someone with a nutritional degree diet an olympia competitor.
I think the bottom line is, nutrition people generaly have a different priority than people who visit this website.
They are not after the lowest bodyfat possible, as people who are dieting for contests are. They simply care about proper nutrition for health and mainting a certain BMI.
Of course, these are just my observations, but IMHO, im gonna follow the guys advice that gets people shredded, not the guy who has the degree in nutrition that makes people look like smaller versions of themselves.

EKnight

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »
Correct.
I have yet to see someone with a nutritional degree diet an olympia competitor.
I think the bottom line is, nutrition people generaly have a different priority than people who visit this website.
They are not after the lowest bodyfat possible, as people who are dieting for contests are. They simply care about proper nutrition for health and mainting a certain BMI.
Of course, these are just my observations, but IMHO, im gonna follow the guys advice that gets people shredded, not the guy who has the degree in nutrition that makes people look like smaller versions of themselves.

Reality check here. I don't see Jay, Ronnie, or any other pros on this board. What? Everyone here is dieting down to look great for 90 seconds on stage and a plastic trophy? Irrespective of overall health, and f*** what is considered a healthy lifestyle as long as I look good? Seriously? I'll take overall health, my three national powerlifting titles, and clean living over extremist views on dieting any day. -EK