Author Topic: LOL... the latest hypocrites for the week  (Read 1284 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: LOL... the latest hypocrites for the week
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
Because of a simple fact that men dead for over a thousand years don't speak?  Kind of kills any kind of endorsement he might have made huh?

Now I am asking you (not me) how you concluded that she was telling the truth about this endorsement? 

Kind of a weak argument asking someone else to prove the actions or inactions of a make believe deity. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
Because of a simple fact that men dead for over a thousand years don't speak?  Kind of kills any kind of endorsement he might have made huh?

Now I am asking you (not me) how you concluded that she was telling the truth about this endorsement? 

Kind of a weak argument asking someone else to prove the actions or inactions of a make believe deity. 

I see.  Following that logic, anyone who says God speaks to them is a hypocrite. 

I never concluded she was telling truth.  I said I have no idea if she's honest.  You're the one who made the statement she was lying. 

I was asking you to explain how you concluded she was lying, but you've done that. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
People who speak to God are called religious.
People who claim God speaks to them are called schizophrenic.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 04:59:47 PM »
People who speak to God are called religious.
People who claim God speaks to them are called schizophrenic.

You mean like this guy?

"The questions I had did not magically disappear," Obama wrote in his recent book, titled "The Audacity of Hope" after Wright's turn of phrase, of the day four years later when he made a formal commitment of Christian faith. "But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0716/p01s01-uspo.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »
LOL

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »
You mean like this guy?

"The questions I had did not magically disappear," Obama wrote in his recent book, titled "The Audacity of Hope" after Wright's turn of phrase, of the day four years later when he made a formal commitment of Christian faith. "But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0716/p01s01-uspo.html

What part of that is saying he claimed that God spoke directly to him?  I must have missed that part.

You know like this guy did :

President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.
God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

Mr Bush is quoted as telling the two, "I feel God's words coming to me: 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God, I'm gonna do it."

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
What part of that is saying he claimed that God spoke directly to him?  I must have missed that part.

You know like this guy did :

::)

Yes, you didn't read this part:  "I felt God's spirit beckoning me." 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »
Yes, you didn't read this part:  "I felt God's spirit beckoning me." 

Guess you don't know the difference from "beckoning" and "speaking".

The Ben & Jerry's in my freezer is beckoning me.  But that isn't the same as it having an actual voice and speaking to me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »
Guess you don't know the difference from "beckoning" and "speaking".

The Ben & Jerry's in my freezer is beckoning me.  But that isn't the same as it having an actual voice and speaking to me.

Seriously?  I'm not surprised by this, seeing how you are unable to properly use the word hypocrite.  But meh, whatever. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »
I'm not surprised you don't understand it.  Jesus didn't beckon her to run.  He endorsed her.  Or so she said.

Obama feeling a spiritual call and Bush being specifically told something by God is quite different as well.   ::)

Of course, since this deals with hypocrisy as a Republican you can be expected to understand it.