Author Topic: N.C. Man Allegedly Robs Bank for $1 to Get Health Care in Jail  (Read 3216 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The GetBig Medical Plan

Source: ABC News

A 59-year-old man has been jailed in Gastonia, N.C., on charges of larceny after allegedly robbing an RBC Bank for $1 so he could get health care in prison. Richard James Verone handed a female teller a note demanding the money and claiming that he had a gun, according to the police report.

He then sat down and waited for police to arrive. "… I say, 'I'll be sitting right over here, on the chair, waiting for the police,'" Verone told reporters, recalling the June 9 robbery in an interview from Gaston County Jail.

-----

"He's sitting on the sofa as you walk in the front door," the bank teller said in a 911 call.

-----

Verone said he asked for $1 to show that his motives were medical, not monetary, according to news reports. With a growth in his chest, two ruptured disks and no job, Verone hoped a three-year stint in prison would afford him the health care he needed.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: N.C. Man Allegedly Robs Bank for $1 to Get Health Care in Jail
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:52:04 PM »
Fucking absolutely brilliant..

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:44:23 AM »
He should have come to britain: could have tossed some salad on the NHS

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 03:11:01 AM »
This speaks volumes of our society!!

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 04:08:23 AM »
This is amazing but not the first time this has happened. Prisoners normally get a lot more tax dollars put towards them then public students. A LOT more. Go go jail lobbyists!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:20:35 AM »
Someone called my name

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »
The promised land  :-\

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
Falcon?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 10:51:55 AM »
This has happened more than once .... and probably more than a thousand 'onces'.

A number of felons find life to be easier and less expensive while serving jail-time and some even prefer the locked up lifestyle and sexual activity behind bars.

I've been told that there were some statistics posted on this subject but  I have failed to find those statistics so far.

Maybe one of you GetBig felons can lend a hand.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »
The GetBig Medical Plan

Source: ABC News

A 59-year-old man has been jailed in Gastonia, N.C., on charges of larceny after allegedly robbing an RBC Bank for $1 so he could get health care in prison. Richard James Verone handed a female teller a note demanding the money and claiming that he had a gun, according to the police report.

He then sat down and waited for police to arrive. "… I say, 'I'll be sitting right over here, on the chair, waiting for the police,'" Verone told reporters, recalling the June 9 robbery in an interview from Gaston County Jail.

-----

"He's sitting on the sofa as you walk in the front door," the bank teller said in a 911 call.

-----

Verone said he asked for $1 to show that his motives were medical, not monetary, according to news reports. With a growth in his chest, two ruptured disks and no job, Verone hoped a three-year stint in prison would afford him the health care he needed.

Oh!  The humanity!  :'(

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
I would do the same if i had to be subjected to the shitty health benefits in your country.  :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »
Fucking absolutely brilliant..

yup brilliant, except for the whole ass rape thing. :-\
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »
This guy has a lot of trust in doctors who knowingly work on prisoners. How can he not see that the "Hierarchy" is much smarter then him and will instruct a "special" doctor to be in the room at the time of any operation. This guy will most likely be infected with some sort of unknown illness down the road.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 03:46:46 PM »
I just watched the local (NC) news.  He seemed like a normal guy.  He said three years would get him better or at least old enough for Medicaid. 

I had a suspicion that turns out was correct.  Seeing that he only stole $1, he might not get the three year sentence he wanted.  In fact, he might get a suspended sentence.

So much for his brilliance I guess.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 06:16:49 PM »
I just watched the local (NC) news.  He seemed like a normal guy.  He said three years would get him better or at least old enough for Medicaid. 

I had a suspicion that turns out was correct.  Seeing that he only stole $1, he might not get the three year sentence he wanted.  In fact, he might get a suspended sentence.

The "Hierarchy" will infect him with an exact 3 year virus that keeps him in massive amounts of pain for the full 3 years. The he will drop dead on the day he gets out.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »

He'll just rob another bank - eventually they'll have to put him away cos he's a nuisance.

jakew300

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
I don’t blame the man for doing this.  I racked up thousands f dollars in hospital debt because f illness.  However, I think prison would be a pain in the ass.