Author Topic: Nevada brothel features male prostitutes  (Read 7280 times)

65stew

• Getbig II
Nevada brothel features male prostitutes
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:58:32 AM »
Nevada brothel features male prostitutes

Jun 5, 2009

By KATHLEEN HENNESSEY

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- The owner of a Nevada brothel suffering from the recession thinks she has been ignoring about half the market - the half that prefers men.

Bobbi Davis is looking for male prostitutes to help expand the clientele at the Shady Lady Ranch, her small roadside brothel about 150 miles north of Las Vegas.

"We've had requests for men in the past, and there's nothing else like this out there," she said.

Indeed, the 25 legal brothels scattered throughout 10 rural Nevada counties are staffed by women and cater to men. The Shady Lady, however, isn't the only one thinking about hiring male prostitutes.

Nevada Brothel Association lobbyist George Flint says other brothels have approached him with the idea lately to drum up business.

Like Nevada's gambling, hotel and convention industries, the prostitution business has hit hard times. Flint estimates that bordellos have seen a roughly 50 percent drop in revenue since the economy turned sour.

"Business is so bad right now, I think brothels would do anything to survive. Disposable income is just in short supply at the moment," he said.

Former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss recently planned to open "Heidi's Stud Farm" near Pahrump, but gave up the effort this year after being arrested on felony drug charges.

Flint says other brothels have offered male prostitutes over the years, with little success. He argues that the business model for a brothel that caters to women just doesn't pencil out.

"Seducing a woman and seducing a man in a brothel environment are different things completely. One can take a few minutes, the other can take hours. It wouldn't make money," he said.

Davis agrees that women customers could differ significantly from men, though she plans at least initially to keep her current prices for services - $500 for two hours, $800 for three.

"That may change. We're figuring that women may want a longer period of time, maybe a little more romance. They're not quite like men in that respect," she said.

Davis said the requests she has received for male prostitutes have come mostly from women, but that she also would welcome business from men seeking men.

"I can't discriminate, nor would I want to," she said, adding that it would be up to prostitutes to decide whether they entertain any particular guest.

Licensing male prostitutes might be a problem. State law allows for legal prostitutes of both genders, but the health codes that regulate the business largely are written to apply to female prostitutes. That includes a requirement that the working girls have mandatory cervical exams.

"It's kind of hard to do that with a man," Davis said.

Nye County Sheriff Tony DeMeo, whose office administers work cards for prostitutes, said he's aware of Davis' plan and has sought legal advice from the district attorney.

Meanwhile, Davis is drawing up her help wanted ad. She said she'll be looking for one or two men "in good shape, in their mid-30s to 50s." Asked about the age range, she notes that's another way women differ from men.

"Look at George Clooney, he's 50 and he's still considered a very sexy man. Women don't consider a man washed up by the time he's 50," she said.

Prostitution is outlawed in five Nevada counties, including in the Reno and Las Vegas metropolitan areas, but brothels have operated legally elsewhere in the state since 1971.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
Re: G4P going legit?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:53 AM »
i believe this will cut into the sales of pro bodybuilder g4p.  this is definitely not good for the ifbb.

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:07:18 AM »
This was obviously of great interest to you, all power to you.

I cannot be bothered to read it needless to say, well done for admitting you want to pay men for sex.

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »
i didn't read any of that article but i think i heard heidi fleiss plugging this project the last time she was on howard stern.

that business' only chance of survival is to market towards gay men because WOMEN DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR SEX NO MATTER HOW UGLY THEY ARE.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »
i didn't read any of that article but i think i heard heidi fleiss plugging this project the last time she was on howard stern.

that business' only chance of survival is to market towards gay men because WOMEN DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR SEX NO MATTER HOW UGLY THEY ARE.

Newsflash: openly gay men are already having lost of (muscle) sex!  The client base for this "service" are bi-curious and closeted men who can't acknowledge/accept their interest in (muscled) men.  In other words, the men in this audience.... ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »
i believe this will cut into the sales of pro bodybuilder g4p.  this is definitely not good for the ifbb.
Yes this will really hurt the IFBB. ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »

QFMFT 

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 05:37:29 PM »
Newsflash: openly gay men are already having lost of (muscle) sex!  The client base for this "service" are bi-curious and closeted men who can't acknowledge/accept their interest in (muscled) men.  In other words, the men in this audience.... ;D

So true, it would be easier for a gay man to get laid than a straight woman

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
Re: Nevada brothel features male prostitutes
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
Another point would be, any woman who had the confidence to visit a male brothel (i am sure many wouldn't) would have the confidence to easily pick up a man. Unless they are hidiously ugly and even then there are even worse looking men who are desperate...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »
Unless they are hidiously ugly and even then there are even worse looking men who are desperate...

also ( and this is gonna sound like a joke but it REALLY isn't) it has been heavily documented that black men will date ANYTHING

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »
also ( and this is gonna sound like a joke but it REALLY isn't) it has been heavily documented that black men will date ANYTHING

anything with a pulse.  they hit those 300lb 5'2 white girls all night

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »

Says Twinkletoes that can't find a date. :)
Almost always, yes.